Egoboo runs ridiculously fast on Ubuntu

Help regarding development/scripting, troubleshooting or just general gameplay -- anything that hasn't already been answered in the Wiki or pinned FAQs.

Moderator: Developers

Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

We really ought to make Egoboo 2.6.x a part of the synaptics package mananger. This would boost the game publicity and community activity into the skies. The only thing preventing us from doing so was the current file system Egoboo uses. Is it that difficult to fix that? Is there something specific that prevent us from fixing this seemingly minor problem? It seems like just some non major tinkering with the source is needed.
Crux
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by Crux »

It just cant be a zip file, or dos for that matter =P
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

Zefz wrote:We really ought to make Egoboo 2.6.x a part of the synaptics package mananger. This would boost the game publicity and community activity into the skies. The only thing preventing us from doing so was the current file system Egoboo uses. Is it that difficult to fix that? Is there something specific that prevent us from fixing this seemingly minor problem? It seems like just some non major tinkering with the source is needed.
I don't know how to add the directory splitting part that is in the mac_file and win_file...
Ben Urban
Cobol (Esteemed member)
Cobol (Esteemed member)

Post by Ben Urban »

I can probably take care of mac_file, if I ever get the time...
Thanks to penguinflyer2222 for the avatar, and to penguinflyer5234 for hosting it.
Crux
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by Crux »

Um... Yeah, my Egoboo, AND my Laptop are messed up now... REALLY BAD... What happened?
Ben Urban
Cobol (Esteemed member)
Cobol (Esteemed member)

Post by Ben Urban »

Messed up in what way?
Thanks to penguinflyer2222 for the avatar, and to penguinflyer5234 for hosting it.
Crux
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by Crux »

Well, I fixed what was wrong, but I had to remove Egoboo cause it didnt work and froze up my LT. I also had a load of sound glitches, but I fixed those as well. *Sigh* Dunno if this thing can handle all that, I'll try it again later once I get the last few bugs outta this thing... I'll jump on Pidgen later at about 7ish? I got band practice and two shows this weekend, so I'm probly gonna hafta wait till Sunday or Monday to get entirely back on track with this. I'll still be on Pidgen, I got just a few questions about these bugs I've been dealing with aight? Peace.