camera angle

Have an idea or great plots for Egoboo? Post them here!

Moderator: Developers

SimoneB
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by SimoneB »

Zefz wrote:The camera mustn't zoom out too much allowing the player to see parts of the map he shouldn't.
Totally agree; infacts, when the camera moves way up, it also faces way more down. Note that in both my screenshots your horizon is more or less the same, as you can't see further than the northern wall. But you can see that far in more or less every direction, just like in roguelikes. ... and of course, it may have to be tuned.

Another thing that I'd love to see improved is this "I'm walking towards the camera and I can't see what I'm stepping on" behaviour ... I'd like to make the keys to rotate the camera absolutely useless :) I think that in some third person shooters the camera behaviour is somewhat designed into the level (i'm thinking about super mario galaxy: check out a video on youtube, it seems to know exactly where it should be!). In other games (tomb raider, crysis...) I strongly think it is managed with quaternions. I tinkered with them enough to avoid them. Anybody familiar with this stuff?
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

Well it you remember, there wer LOTS of complaints about the automatic camera control in Tomb Raider I. So, there is a lot of hidden technology in there. ;)
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

There are three autocam functions in Egoboo, but neither work that very well. See video setup to change it to on, off or fast.