Can't compile under opensuse 11.2 64-bit

Help regarding development/scripting, troubleshooting or just general gameplay -- anything that hasn't already been answered in the Wiki or pinned FAQs.

Moderator: Developers

ns89
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by ns89 »

Zefz wrote:Ah welcome to the club! It seems most (all?) Linux users are having that problem at the moment. SDL is somehow not setting a video mode Linux likes. We still haven't figured out what this is!
Well the whole reason I compiled it was because the version in the repos has this studdering. It's like playing with a 1hz strobe light making it unplayable. I think it reports itself as 1.7.4svn. So I figured maybe the latest version would fix it.
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

Maybe... but the latest version also seems to have other issues. Working on improving it at the moment... but there is so much to do!
vger
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by vger »

Ah now that's conforting, I thought we were only few to get this :P. Btw it seems most of people having that problem use 64bit linux (me included)
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

Memory issues... Egoboo has a lot of them.
vger
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by vger »

:cry: i so much want to play egoboo now :cry:
ns89
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by ns89 »

Any useful debug flags I can turn on to investigate?
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

I'm not sure how useful that is. Most debug flags are for debugging ingame issues while it seems on linux the problem is the initialization of SDL which is done at program start.

Here are the debug flags for Egoboo (#undef means simply they are disabled):

Code: Select all

// Some macro switches
#undef  OLD_CAMERA_MODE       ///< Use the old camera style
#undef  ENABLE_BODY_GRAB      ///< Enable the grabbing of bodies?
#undef  TEST_NAN_RESULT       ///< Test the result of certain math operations

#undef  USE_LUA_CONSOLE       ///< LUA support for the console

#undef  RENDER_HMAP           ///< render the mesh's heightmap?
#undef  DEBUG_MESH_NORMALS    ///< render the mesh normals
#define LOG_TO_CONSOLE        ///< dump all log info to file and to the console. Only useful if your compiler generates console for program output. Otherwise the results will end up in a file called stdout.txt

#define  DEBUG_BSP             ///< Print debugging info about the BSP/octree state

#define  DEBUG_RENDERLIST      ///< Print debugging info for the currently rendered mesh

#undef  DEBUG_PROFILE         ///< Switch the profiling functions on and off
#undef  DEBUG_PROFILE_DISPLAY ///< Display the results for the performance profiling
#undef  DEBUG_PROFILE_RENDER  ///< Display the results for the performance profiling of the generric rendering
#undef  DEBUG_PROFILE_MESH    ///< Display the results for the performance profiling of the mesh rendering sub-system
#undef  DEBUG_PROFILE_INIT    ///< Display the results for the performance profiling of the rendering initialization

#undef  DEBUG_OBJECT_SPAWN    ///< Log debug info for every object spawned

#undef   DEBUG_PRT_LIST      ///< Track every single deletion from the PrtList to make sure the same element is not deleted twice. Prevents corruption of the PrtList.free_lst
#undef   DEBUG_ENC_LIST      ///< Track every single deletion from the EncList to make sure the same element is not deleted twice. Prevents corruption of the EncList.free_lst
#undef   DEBUG_CHR_LIST      ///< Track every single deletion from the ChrList to make sure the same element is not deleted twice. Prevents corruption of the ChrList.free_lst

#define CLIP_LIGHT_FANS      ///< is the light_fans() function going to be throttled?
#define CLIP_ALL_LIGHT_FANS  ///< a switch for selecting how the fans will be updated

#undef  DEBUG_WAYPOINTS      ///< display error messages when adding waypoints

/// How much script debugging.
///    0 -- debugging off ( requires defined(_DEBUG) )
/// >= 1 -- Log the amount of script time that every object uses (requires defined(_DEBUG) and DEBUG_PROFILE)
/// >= 2 -- Log the amount of time that every single script command uses (requires defined(_DEBUG) and DEBUG_PROFILE)
/// >= 3 -- decompile every script (requires defined(_DEBUG))
#define DEBUG_SCRIPT_LEVEL 0

#undef DEBUG_CPP_LISTS

#undef DEBUG_CHR_BBOX        ///< display the all character bounding boxes
#define DEBUG_PRT_BBOX        ///< display the all particle bounding boxes