World Map

Help regarding development/scripting, troubleshooting or just general gameplay -- anything that hasn't already been answered in the Wiki or pinned FAQs.

Moderator: Developers

colganc
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

World Map

Post by colganc »

I'm not sure if the world map isn't working correctly or I'm doing something wrong. I'm walking up to places on the world map, but a new module does not load. I try "attacking" the objects on the map and a new module still does not load. Am I doing something wrong?
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

You may have to bump into the object several times. Once is says "HIT ATTACK to enter..." then you should be able to enter. If it rejects you because your level is too low it should say something like "Blah is too scary for blah!"

I have checked that it was working, but some initialization was switched around somewhere along the line and certain things are not working as well now.

Try it again with the advice given above and let me know what happens.
colganc
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by colganc »

bgbirdsey wrote:You may have to bump into the object several times. Once is says "HIT ATTACK to enter..." then you should be able to enter. If it rejects you because your level is too low it should say something like "Blah is too scary for blah!"

I have checked that it was working, but some initialization was switched around somewhere along the line and certain things are not working as well now.

Try it again with the advice given above and let me know what happens.
Tried multiple times. Started a new character, admittedly always the elf. Deleted all characters, started again. Re-installed. Tried different objects, Bishopia, Zippy, some big tree, a pyramid, and a volcano. Same results. Those were all tried before I made the post.

When I load the first module after completing the starter module the game freezes and I have to kill the process. I'm running 2.7.3 Windows version. I have Windows Vista.
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

I've heard that 2.7.3 had some problems with module linking before. Another reason I want another version release.
colganc
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by colganc »

Another potential piece to this puzzle: with the adventurer starter I do not have a torch (I'm assuming I'm supposed to have one based on reading the forum). Neither Brom nor Mim have weapons.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

2.7.3 Has a myriad of bugs that have been solved in the SVN. If you don't feel like waiting for the next release, check the tutorial section for instructions on how to get the latest version of the SVN.
:wink:
colganc
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by colganc »

Cimeries wrote:2.7.3 Has a myriad of bugs that have been solved in the SVN. If you don't feel like waiting for the next release, check the tutorial section for instructions on how to get the latest version of the SVN.
Downloaded the source from SVN. Just did a straight copy of the module directory from my copy of the SVN source to my Egoboo install directory. The adventurer module now seems to work correctly, but the world map still doesn't work.

I didn't see on the forum, the website, or the SourceForge project site a place to download the latest egoboo binary from the most recent source so this might be my last hurdle before it will work correctly?
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

You need the binary as well for the module linking and stuff.

http://www.2shared.com/file/6225159/4d8 ... debug.html <- Has graphics debugging

http://www.2shared.com/file/6189174/87f ... RY-24.html <- older version without graphics debugging
colganc
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by colganc »

penguinflyer5234 wrote:You need the binary as well for the module linking and stuff.

http://www.2shared.com/file/6225159/4d8 ... debug.html <- Has graphics debugging

http://www.2shared.com/file/6189174/87f ... RY-24.html <- older version without graphics debugging
Still doesn't work. Elf starter faeries don't follow me they fly to the edge of the map. I'm still able to complete the module by walking to the flower circle thing.
Killer Frog
Grub Bug (Rookie)
Grub Bug (Rookie)

Post by Killer Frog »

Yeah, I'm having this same problem. And the Graphic Debug version just slows down your frame rate to the teens when zoomed out and to the fourtys when zoomed in, instead of a solid 30 with 24.
colganc
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by colganc »

Killer Frog wrote:Yeah, I'm having this same problem. And the Graphic Debug version just slows down your frame rate to the teens when zoomed out and to the fourtys when zoomed in, instead of a solid 30 with 24.
Yep. Well if it is a "Debug" version they're probably checking for something or experimenting so that isn't too much of a surprise.
penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

I wouldn't think it should slow down so much though.
colganc
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by colganc »

penguinflyer2222 wrote:I wouldn't think it should slow down so much though.
The stderr is getting filled with: glTexParameterf (".\ogl_extensions.c" - 94)- invalid value