New binary for SVN users (#45)

The development of the game itself or new resources for it. Any new stuff you're working on would go here, as well as the discussion of in-development stuff.

Moderator: Developers

Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

New binary for SVN users (#45)

Post by Zefz »

I will try to keep this first page updated with the latest binary version.

You'll need the new binary for the newest SVN changes to work:
DOWNLOAD BINARY FILE: Download binary #45

Remember to keep your binary up to date with the latest SVN!
Last edited by Zefz on Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 36 times in total.
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

Alright, got the newest binary and revision. I'll test it and report here once I'm done scanning my system for viruses, as my PC started to act rather funny today... :shock:

(Also, I vonlunteer for making more objects global once I get the binary to work.)
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

I've tested the newest SVN, even with the option SDL_image on, but I still get a nice world of snow (again).
Shade

Post by Shade »

penguinflyer5234 wrote:I've tested the newest SVN, even with the option SDL_image on, but I still get a nice world of snow (again).
Same here, I tried it with SDL_image set to both TRUE and FALSE. It always gives me the same - completely white, blank EVERYTHING (the very only thing that is shown correctly is the menu buttons).

That's the sand palace in winter time, eh.
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

funny, the buttons and the out-game font works for me only. Do you not get the font either?
Shade

Post by Shade »

penguinflyer5234 wrote:funny, the buttons and the out-game font works for me only. Do you not get the font either?
Ah, yes, I can read the menu-font as well, and the red buttons are shown. However, the pictures are all just blank, white squares, and in-game, it's just what is shown in the picture above.
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Heh.. I don't get white textures at all. And I figured out why it didn't work. SDL_image was always disabled, no matter what you set in setup.txt

The bad news here is that with it disabled, it still didn't work for Clonkinator.
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Try the new binary instead #17. The SDL_ENABLED switch wasn't really working. And there was a minor bug in image filtering too. Try Unfiltered as well as other filter modes to see if it works.

http://www.2shared.com/file/5025683/619 ... oo-17.html
Shade

Post by Shade »

Alright, tried it with binary #17 (and revision #389) now. The settings I used were the same as always, and the result was... ...interesting.

Setting SDL_Image to FALSE gives the same white garbage as always.
Setting it to TRUE, however, causes all images to show up correctly - with the exception of the in-game-textures, it seems. Take a look at this:
That's the starting chamber of the sand palace. I didn't move, I just turned the camera around a bit. Does that help in any way?
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

It is interesting. Because with SDL_image set to false, it is exactly the same as any other binary you have tried, but without the other glitches.

Did we try to use the old version of SDL_image.dll? I remember you having some trouble with the newest version of SDL.dll (the game crashed) so we reverted to a earlier version.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Zefz wrote:Did we try to use the old version of SDL_image.dll? I remember you having some trouble with the newest version of SDL.dll (the game crashed) so we reverted to a earlier version.
I don't really remember. :oops:
I can try any of those though, if you tell me where to get the appropriate versions.
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

This is SDL_image 1.2.6 http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_imag ... -1.2.6.zip
and a even older one 1.2.5 http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_imag ... -1.2.5.zip

Just copy the .dll files into your egoboo folder and run the game.
Shade

Post by Shade »

...maybe I'm just too stupid, but I can't see any .dll-files in those folders. :shock:

EDIT: Never mind, I found them.

EDIT 2: ...meh, neither of those versions caused anything but a drop in frame rate. :/
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Okay yet another possibility eliminated. My guess then is that it has something to do with the source. I'll have to look back for the revision I used for binary #10 and check the big changes made to #11.
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

If there is any problem with the source, I would guess that it is the method of uploading the textures into OpenGL. There may be just a small combination of graphics settings that are bugged.

Maybe you should get a copy of clock's settings and try to duplicate the error on your machine. And maybe get him to upload copies of the log file, etc.

I DO seem to remember that a similar issue with customized settings caused a similar problem before... If you end up hitting a dead end, go back and look at the previous debugging sessions on the board and see if any of those fixes work.