Old man rambling

All general stuff game related to Egoboo gameplay (Characters, tactics, etc.).

Moderator: Developers

Dark
Tranch (Novice)
Tranch (Novice)

Post by Dark »

By too good items I mean most of the unusuall items that provide good benefits, e.g. pets, flying carpet, crusader shield, all kinds of good enchanted weapons, better spells etc.
I know thats a lot but you could just adjust the items value to the difficulty of obtaining it.

Well I pretty much said how to make them valuable.
Instead of letting the player just find them in a module as an "easy treasure", theyd be locked up in "secret" treasure rooms.
They could be just rooms/chest locked up somehow and to unlock them youd need specific (possibly hard to obtain) item from another module.

Also... I know this would be quite troublesome, but I think it would be best if the already finished modules could be modified for this.
I mean to "lock" the better items from existing modules with the module-to-module quests.

Concerning starter modules I guess you cant use these quests there to make items hard to get.
Making up some smart hard to solve puzzle or putting a really tough enemy would be the only way.
(Perhaps even it could be the "How to kill the really tough enemy?" puzzle.)
Bremze
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by Bremze »

This is easy:
it just doesn't seem like that old Egoboo I used to play when I was a kid
It's nostalgia. I remember playing Need for Speed 3 when it just came out thinking that graphics can't get any better than that. :lol:
penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

@Dark: You could just copy the chars to a newer version, say when the newest stable comes out.
Dark
Tranch (Novice)
Tranch (Novice)

Post by Dark »

I tried but then I get script error each time I use them.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

You can copy the scripts from the starters.
:wink: