[RPG] A Dark Dawn [Talk, Discussion & Arrangement]

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

aleco614
Lumpkin (Dedicated member)

Post by aleco614 »

She edited her post...
Playing brawl. Not too well, unforunately.
Sprite
Tranch (Novice)
Tranch (Novice)

Post by Sprite »

I suck at this!

Ander, level 1, Martial Artist, Auramancer (Front)

36/36 HP
14/14 Aura
0000/1000 EXP
300 AP
Atk Srength+1 Hit 80 | Crt 15
Def 1 | Res 1 | Avd 59
Weapon: Bandaged fists (0 Atk, 80 Hit, 15 Crt)
Spoiler: Items, Stats, Skills
Items: [2/7]
- 10 Plasters (Recovers 1-2 health)
- 1 Revival potions (Recovers all health)
>Gold: 250

Skills:
- Shockwave(5 MP): Ander calls apon a force of Aura which attacks all enemys, deals ([strength/2]+lvl) damage.(Area)
- Aura Arrow(10 MP): High precission blast of Aura with high defence penertration.[-2 of enemy defence] Usable from range. Deals ([AtkX2]x[lvlx0.5]damage.(Single)

Abilities:
- Aura Leech: Regenerates Aura by half of the damage obtained from magic damage.
- Meditation: Regenerates Aura when not in battle.
- Aura: Adds 10% of Atk to Atk.(Rounded)

Stats:
STR: 13
MAG: 0
SKL: 13
AGI: 13
RES: 0
VIT: 4
MEN: 7
DEF: 0

Elements:
Fire: 0%
Earth: 0%
Wind: 0%
Thunder: 0%
Water: 0%
Ice: 0%
Light: 0%
Dark: 0%

Bio:
Ander was always special, ever since he was born the heavans looked after him, as he had no parents only a humble orphanage. As he grew more blessings were bestowed upon him. He was happy and content. Then one a night an old man came to him in a dream, summoning him. Waking up he strayed over to the window to glance at the sky. However he spotted something, the Old Man. Standing like a statue by the gates. Ander quickly put on his day clothes and shoes. Jumping the staircases he quickly ran outside to meet the man. As Ander approached, the man smiled and asked Ander to accompany him for he was a special boy. Ander agreed and the next day he left with the man. 4 years they traveled the World. The man, who was reavealed as Legasus(The Hero), taught him well. He could use a sword, a bow and every other weapin you could think of to utmost perfection. But then the fatal day happened. When the Dark Dawn had defeated all, the heavens gave up and they were ambushed. Legasus was no match and he fell to the mace him opponant wielded. As Ander watched him fall a fire wass ignited inside him, a final blessing from the gods. Aura. Using his new found powers he struck down the attackers with his fists until they lay about him, dead. With a single galance behind him at his old master, he walked. Because although his master was dead, his voice continued to guide Ander. A single word echoed after his death...Vengeance.
Any better? I worked out that your character is better when theres more maths to work out when you play as them... :evil:
Last edited by Sprite on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big fish, little fish, cardboard box.
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

Sprite wrote:Any better? I worked out that your character is better when theres more maths to work out when you play as them... :evil:
Please punch out your frustration at someone else. I'm not saying your character is good or bad or needs a ton of complicated formulas to be "good". I'm just trying to make it so that your character is neither overpowered, nor underpowered compared to the others. If I'm the bad guy because of that, you might prefer to pass out on this RPG and join someone else's, like aleco's, for example.
aleco614

Post by aleco614 »

Yeah, I could use some people in my pnp. Any people. Whatsoever. And I know people plan on making characters, but I'm bored of waiting...
penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

Patience is the key. And besides, you just put the rules up yesterday, and the story a day before that. Do you really expect a good number of players with character sheets in progress or done already?
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

I know I do. :D
:wink:
aleco614

Post by aleco614 »

Well, SORRY, but I'm impatient. I'm an impatient person.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

@OHKO:
Now I begin to wonder why I read the talk threa first.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Sprite
Tranch (Novice)
Tranch (Novice)

Post by Sprite »

Please punch out your frustration at someone else. I'm not saying your character is good or bad or needs a ton of complicated formulas to be "good". I'm just trying to make it so that your character is neither overpowered, nor underpowered compared to the others. If I'm the bad guy because of that, you might prefer to pass out on this RPG and join someone else's, like aleco's, for example.
I wasn't angry or frustrated. I just used the wrong smily. I was merely asking if it was any better? And that thing about the numbers was not refering to you in any way. Just a statement, which I found quite amusing. Sorry if you took any offence but it was completly un-intentional.

Any better? I worked out that your character is better when theres more maths to work out when you play as them... (Better without the smily?)
Shade

Post by Shade »

Fine...

Your skills/abilities:
- Shockwave: No changes have been made, so still 70 AP.
- Aura Arrow: 60 AP.

- Aura Leech: No changes have been made, so still 50 AP.
- Meditation: No changes have been made, so still 100 AP.
- Aura: 80 AP.

That's still over the budget, but remember that you'll gain more AP upon a level up - you could very well save one of these skills/abilities for later.

And please, your bandaged fists get 5 Crt at most. More would be unfair compared to those who actually use a weapon.

Here are your actual stats as of your latest sheet, assuming your fists have 5 Crt, not 15:

If you take the "Aura" ability:
Atk 14 | Hit 106 | Crt 11
Def 0 | Res 0 | Avd 26

If you decide to not take it (yet):
Atk 13 | Hit 106 | Crt 11
Def 0 | Res 0 | Avd 26

If you discard one of your abilities (for now - as I said, you can still take it later on), set your fists' Crt value to 5 and copy the correct combat stats I just gave you into your sheet, you're good to go.
Sprite
Tranch (Novice)
Tranch (Novice)

Post by Sprite »

Hopefuly...

ImageAnder, level 1, Martial Artist, Auramancer (Front)

36/36 HP
14/14 Aura
0000/1000 EXP
300 AP
Atk 13 Hit 106 | Crt 11
Def 1 | Res 1 | Avd 26
Weapon: Bandaged fists (0 Atk, 80 Hit, 5 Crt)
Armour: Leather tunic (1 Def, 1 Res, 0 Avd)
Spoiler: Items, Stats, Skills
Items: [2/7]
- 10 Plasters (Recovers 1-2 health)
- 1 Revival Potion (Recovers all health)
>Gold: 250

Skills:
- Shockwave(5 MP): Ander calls apon a force of Aura which attacks all enemys, deals ([strength/2]+lvl) damage.(Area)
- Aura Arrow(10 MP): High precission blast of Aura with high defence penertration.[-2 of enemy defence] Usable from range. Deals ([AtkX2]x[lvlx0.5]damage.(Single)

Abilities:
- Meditation: Regenerates Aura when not in battle.
- Aura Leech: Regenerates Aura by half of the damage obtained from magic damage.

Stats:
STR: 13
MAG: 0
SKL: 13
AGI: 13
RES: 0
VIT: 4
MEN: 7
DEF: 0

Elements:
Fire: 0%
Earth: 0%
Wind: 0%
Thunder: 0%
Water: 0%
Ice: 0%
Light: 0%
Dark: 0%

Bio:
Ander was always special, ever since he was born the heavans looked after him, as he had no parents only a humble orphanage. As he grew more blessings were bestowed upon him. He was happy and content. Then one a night an old man came to him in a dream, summoning him. Waking up he strayed over to the window to glance at the sky. However he spotted something, the Old Man. Standing like a statue by the gates. Ander quickly put on his day clothes and shoes. Jumping the staircases he quickly ran outside to meet the man. As Ander approached, the man smiled and asked Ander to accompany him for he was a special boy. Ander agreed and the next day he left with the man. 4 years they traveled the World. The man, who was reavealed as Legasus(The Hero), taught him well. He could use a sword, a bow and every other weapin you could think of to utmost perfection. But then the fatal day happened. When the Dark Dawn had defeated all, the heavens gave up and they were ambushed. Legasus was no match and he fell to the mace him opponant wielded. As Ander watched him fall a fire wass ignited inside him, a final blessing from the gods. Aura. Using his new found powers he struck down the attackers with his fists until they lay about him, dead. With a single galance behind him at his old master, he walked. Because although his master was dead, his voice continued to guide Ander. A single word echoed after his death...Vengeance.

[spoiler="Storage"]Stuff for later:
- Aura: Adds 10% of Atk to Atk.(Rounded)
[/spoiler]

Is that alright? I scraped the Leech as I doubt I'll need that yet. But that leaves me 10 AP out... Stuff it. At the moment one extra ATK isn't going to do anything. I gave him some armour because I didn't want him to be too helpless(It's quite weak though.). So is everything in check? If I've done my maths correct that gives me 20 extra AP. How much AP per level are we talking, btw?
Last edited by Sprite on Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

You get 100 more AP per level.
:wink:
Sprite
Tranch (Novice)
Tranch (Novice)

Post by Sprite »

Awesome, that means I could make some stuff poweful as well.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Alright then, you're good to go, and sorry for the inconveniences. :)
(Just remember to update your remaining AP to 20.)
I'll insert you in my next post. ^^
aleco614

Post by aleco614 »

...Whenever that next post actually happens.

*Yawn*