Egoboo Community Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 2:52 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:54 am 
Offline
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:27 am
Posts: 3818
Location: Norway
Last Updated: 05.05.2008

Note: This is a development version, meaning it is not fully stable and will probably contain a lot of bugs. But you can still bugtest and enjoy all the new features :D


Grab the latest development release version of Egoboo here! Changelog can be found below, in the game directory or at http://egoboo.sourceforge.net

Linux version is only supported for version 2.7.5 and Macintosh is waay outdated anyways...



ImageEgoboo 2.7.7 installer download link (Windows binary):
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/egoboo ... _win32.exe (Installer)


ImageEgoboo 2.7.5 download link (Linux distro):
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/egoboo ... 7.5.tar.gz (Source)
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/egoboo ... 7.5.tar.gz (Data)

ImageDevelopment Package (Compressed using 7-zip):
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/egoboo/ego_dev277.7z (.7zip)


Last edited by Zefz on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: hmm
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:28 pm 
Offline
Tome Mimic (Ex-Developer)
Tome Mimic (Ex-Developer)

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:46 pm
Posts: 48
you were sayin it was a bit slower than normal what do you think caused the problem?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:33 pm 
Offline
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:39 am
Posts: 3019
Location: Best Southwest
It's not a bit slower.
It's a lot slower!
Also fun trying to get it to compile...
Anywho, I really don't know what the problem is.
But you can if you wish. It's at the project page.

_________________
...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:38 am 
Offline
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:37 am
Posts: 1
Hotseat ??? There isn't hotseat mode in this development version ;(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:29 pm 
Offline
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:27 am
Posts: 3818
Location: Norway
Yes there is. It's under single player->load game (and select more than one player) rather than multiplayer as most would think.

_________________
http://egoboo.sourceforge.net
Image

Coder


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:05 pm 
Offline
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:51 am
Posts: 6233
Location: Midrule, 'tween Lorule 'n' Hyrule
Welcome and have a lightbulb. :idea:

_________________
penguinflyer2222 wrote:
So I don't make sense, but alas we need is epic!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:16 am 
Offline
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:25 pm
Posts: 6972
Location: Gensokyo
penguinflyer2222 wrote:
Welcome and have a lightbulb. :idea:

I don't want to be harsh, but couldn't we keep the welcome-only-stuff to the actual Welcome section of the forum? After all, just saying "welcome" doesn't really help anyone with their problems, even though it's meant to be friendly. If someone wants to be welcomed explicitly, he's going to post in the Welcome section anyway, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:24 pm 
Offline
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:27 am
Posts: 3818
Location: Norway
Clonkinator wrote:
penguinflyer2222 wrote:
Welcome and have a lightbulb. :idea:

I don't want to be harsh, but couldn't we keep the welcome-only-stuff to the actual Welcome section of the forum? After all, just saying "welcome" doesn't really help anyone with their problems, even though it's meant to be friendly. If someone wants to be welcomed explicitly, he's going to post in the Welcome section anyway, right?


I agree with Clonkinator. Keep your response related to the respective topics and instead create a new topic/post in the Welcome section if you feel the need to greet him or her.

_________________
http://egoboo.sourceforge.net
Image

Coder


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:33 pm 
Offline
Massive Gelfeet (Developer)
Massive Gelfeet (Developer)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:54 am
Posts: 3174
Location: Midwestern United States
I agree too, although I don't see any problem with "Hey, welcome to the forums; here's how to fix your problem: ..." or something of that nature.
We don't want to be rude. :P

At any rate, I've wondered why this is still stickied... This version is kind of old; what does it have aside from hotseat and not-working-on-my-computer?

_________________
[I bailed on Egoboo a while back; of course, now it's pretty much over anyway. I still make things. Follow me on Twitter because I talk about that sometimes, and the rest of the time I say depressing things and am awkwardly pompous.]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:20 pm 
Offline
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:22 am
Posts: 1864
Location: Minnesota, USA
It is not as old as you think. Most of the "new" features in the 2.6.x version were backported from this version.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:09 am 
Offline
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:51 am
Posts: 6233
Location: Midrule, 'tween Lorule 'n' Hyrule
Zefz wrote:
Clonkinator wrote:
penguinflyer2222 wrote:
Welcome and have a lightbulb. :idea:

I don't want to be harsh, but couldn't we keep the welcome-only-stuff to the actual Welcome section of the forum? After all, just saying "welcome" doesn't really help anyone with their problems, even though it's meant to be friendly. If someone wants to be welcomed explicitly, he's going to post in the Welcome section anyway, right?


I agree with Clonkinator. Keep your response related to the respective topics and instead create a new topic/post in the Welcome section if you feel the need to greet him or her.

PurpleSquerkle wrote:
I agree too, although I don't see any problem with "Hey, welcome to the forums; here's how to fix your problem: ..." or something of that nature.
We don't want to be rude. :P

Ok.
I'm just a stupid ten-year-old anyway, just ignore me sometimes.

_________________
penguinflyer2222 wrote:
So I don't make sense, but alas we need is epic!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:08 am 
Offline
Massive Gelfeet (Developer)
Massive Gelfeet (Developer)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:54 am
Posts: 3174
Location: Midwestern United States
bgbirdsey wrote:
It is not as old as you think. Most of the "new" features in the 2.6.x version were backported from this version.


I realize that.
I'm saying that now that so many of the features have been put into 2.6.x, this version doesn't have that many merits, since it's less stable...

@pf2222: Don't be silly! =P

_________________
[I bailed on Egoboo a while back; of course, now it's pretty much over anyway. I still make things. Follow me on Twitter because I talk about that sometimes, and the rest of the time I say depressing things and am awkwardly pompous.]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:32 am 
Offline
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:27 am
Posts: 3818
Location: Norway
Well, it does have hotseat for the curious who want to try it out. The main thing that makes it outdated is that it contains all the old modules and objects (maybe before the time of K'nife's Heist even)

_________________
http://egoboo.sourceforge.net
Image

Coder


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Get Egoboo at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads