Aria of Ruin PnP - Game Thread

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Re: Aria of Ruin PnP - Game Thread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Nica, Lv 1.11

Health: 05/11 (Red Plague)
Stress: IIIIIIIIII

Spells: ♦♦
Restl.: ♦♦
Lunge:

+2 Dmg | +3 Hit | +4 AC | +5 MR | +4 Init
Rapier - 1-6 Dmg | Leather Coat - 2 AC
Spoiler: Inventory & Status
Items:

[list][*] Bandages x02 [ Cancels up to 10 stacked bleeding damage. ]
[*] Healing Flask [ +05 HP ]
[*] Mana Flask [ +01 SP ]
[*] Scroll of Locking [ "This spell manipulates locks and similar mechanisms to close and lock them as one would with a matching key." ]
[*] Medicine [ +05 Stress, +05 for the next Disease check at camp ]
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:

[list][*] Arc Bolt
-> Strike a single enemy with a bolt of lightning. The bolt has Int Hit and deals 3d3+Wil damage.
-> On attack rolls of 6 or more, the bolt will chain to a random nearby enemy dealing 2d3+Wil damage on the first chain, and 1d3+Wil any consecutive times after that.
[*] Entropy Bolt
-> Attack an enemy with a strange bolt of chaotic energy. The bolt has Wil+Dex Hit and reduces the victim's AC and Hit by Int.
-> The victim will take 1 Dmg and 5 Stress every turn until they have taken the same amount that their AC and Hit were reduced by.[/list]

Abilities: [ 350/350 AP spent ]

[list][*]Spell Scavenger [ Passive ] [ 220 AP ]
Nica wanders the land, tracing the trails of the many magicks at work upon it, and claiming them.
-> When Nica successfully casts a spell on an enemy, Nica marks them with A Trace, granting her +1 Hit and MR against them for 2 turns. [ 60 AP ]
-> Nica can make a maneuver against marked enemies to consume A Trace and gain 1 Spell Point. [ 120 AP ]
-> A Trace can stack, up to 2 times. [ 40 AP ]
-> When an enemy casts a spell, Nica also marks them with A Trace. [ 80 AP ][/list]

[list][*]Finesse [ Passive ] [ 50 AP ]
Nica's deft hands supplant her skill with the blade... the pokey ones, anyway.
-> All rapier-type weapons are considered Treated when wielded by Nica.
-> Treated weapons use Dex for +Dmg.[/list]

[list][*]Lunge [ Active - 1 use ] [ 50 AP per use ]
Nica's daring nature is unbounded by battle positions... sometimes.
-> Nica may make a melee attack on a Covered enemy.[/list]

[list][*]Restless [ Active - 2 uses ] [ 20 AP + 5 per use ]
Nica has never liked standing still for too long at once.
-> Nica may change battle positions as a free action.
-> This allows her to change positions twice in a turn, if she wishes.[/list]

[list][*]Kleptokinesis [ Sustained ] [ 100 AP ]
Nica's curiosity sometimes turns to greed... sometimes against her best interests.
-> While Kleptokinesis is active, Nica loses 1 HP per turn, and gains 5 Stress.
-> While Kleptokinesis is active, Nica retrieves discharged magicks from the spells she casts, granting her Kinesis for each cast.
-> Kinesis can stack, up to Nica's Spell Point total.
-> A successful melee attack will consume Kinesis and end Kleptokinesis. The damage is increased by 1x per stack consumed.
-> Kinesis stacks are lost if Kleptokinesis is ended manually.[/s][/color][/list]

[list][*]Aristocrat's Quill [ Camping ] [ 100 AP ]
Nica's upbringing has made her more than proficient with written documents, which she applies to spells left behind.
-> With a quill & parchment, Nica may transcribe one of her known spells into written form while camping.
-> She can re-learn spells that she has forgotten if she has their scrolls.[/s][/color][/list]

Attributes:

[list][*]-1 Str
[*]+4 Dex
[*]+2 Agi
[*]-1 Vit
[*]+2 Int
[*]+0 Wil
[*]+1 Per[/list]
Nica's brow furrows as Ginny's assessment of the situation rebukes hers. The talk of mission statements and orders reminds her of the stifling air of aristocracy. Orders or no, there's clearly more out there. More to be found.
"And yet here Capitol is, sending in to rebuild the town around the bloody thing. I want to know the full extent to which it poses danger. To which it will inhibit their pointless rebuilding..."
Nica catches herself before she goes any further. Airing her personal frustrations won't get them anywhere either.
"Without more information, the conclusion available to us is that the monster we fought emerged because we got too close. Somehow, I don't think they'll want to just leave the Obelisk there if that's the case."
Listening to Ginny's dejection, and thinking on what she's reprimanding Oz for, Nica feels compelled to defend her little call to arms.
"I'm not trying to start a fight for the sake of it... we need information. It's because I know we can fight that I want to test one of the few variables known to us in this... inexplicable situation. That I consider it safe enough to try."
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

Oz, Lv 1.30
HP: 05/16
MP: ★★★★★
SP: 057%
±0 Dmg | -8 Hit | -1 AC | +5 MR | +6 Init
Equipment:
  • Trick Cane (1d4 Dmg | Restores 1 MP on an attack roll of 10.)
  • Padded Vest (1 AC)
Items:
[list][*] Rødlev Crest
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:
[list][*]Cyclone
-> Creates 1d3 + INT/3 Wind blades dealing 1d4 + WIL damage. Blades have INT HIT bonus.
[*]Sonic Clap
-> All enemies must make a VIT check vs the caster's WIL or be stunned for a turn and lose their AC dodge bonus.
[*]Darkmatter Vortex
-> All enemies must make a WIL+VIT check vs the caster's INT. If they succeed they take 1d3 damage. if they fail they will take 1d3 damage per turn for WIL turns.
[*]Light
-> Creates a floating orb of radiance to act as a source of light for the caster. The orb will accompany the caster for several hours before fizzling out, and may be dismissed manually.
[*]Life Sense
-> The caster is able to telepathically sense all living beings within a radius of approximately INT+PER meter.[/list]

Abilities (330/350 AP spent):
[list][*]Quick Spell [ Active ] [ 70 AP / use ] ( 1 use )
-> Allows Oz to cast a spell as a minor action.
[*]Awareness [ Sustained ] [ 60 AP ]
-> Oz can give up his minor action each turn in order to apply his Perception stat as a bonus towards any of his attempts to dodge an attack. Increases Stress by 5 at the end of every turn while active.
[*]Wellspring of Magic [ Passive ] [ 100 AP ]
-> At any time during a battle, Oz can use a minor action to regain a spell point, at the cost of increasing his Stress by 20.
[*]Grace under Pressure [ Passive ] [ 60 AP ]
-> Grants Oz a +1 bonus to all rolls whenever his Stress is 50 or higher.
[*]Maelstrom of Magic [ Passive ] [ 40 AP ]
-> Allows Oz to make a maneuver (spells only) against enemies marked with A Trace by Nica. If successful, A Trace is consumed and the target is stunned for a turn.
[*]Intimidating Confidence [ Active ] [ 35 AP ] [ Not learned ]
-> This is a minor action. If Ginny uses War Banner this turn, Oz follows up with his own unique brand of "encouragement", crushing his enemies' will to fight.
Unless they pass a WIL check against 6+WIL, all enemies suffer 10 Stress and have the damage of their next attack minimized.

[*]A Mind for Magic [ Passive ] [ 50 AP ] [ Not learned ]
-> Oz receives a +5 bonus to any attempts to learn a spell he has seen before.

[*]Disquieting Serenity [ Passive ] [ 70 AP ] [ Not learned ]
-> Whenever Oz is (one of) the target(s) of any action while suffering from an Affliction, the user of that action receives 10 Stress unless they pass a WIL check against 6+WIL (whether they're friend or foe).

[*]Spell Crucible [ Camping ] [ 85 AP ] [ Req.: Ginny's Soul Crucible ] [ Not learned ]
-> Oz can create a combined spell from two of his known spells, that behaves as Ginny's spellbook abilities, with a single use. This spell does not take up space in Oz' spellbook but can only be used once before it is forgotten.

[*]Last Word [ Active ] [ 150 AP / use ] [ Not learned ]
-> Allows Oz to cast a spell using all of his remaining spell points at once. Each spell point beyond the requirement sacrificed this way increases the potency of the resulting spell by 50% (additive).
[/list]

Attributes:
-5 Strength
-3 Dexterity
±0 Agility
+1 Vitality
+5 Intellect
+5 Willpower
+4 Perception
Slightly upset with his research being less successful than he liked, Oz reunited with his companions as the sun was about to set.
After detailing the results of his experiments, he remained silent until Ginny brought up the encounter with the stags again. He gave her a glare as her eyes met his.
"I know, right? The next time one of us does something rash, I'll be sure to stop them."
Oz gave a shrug of his shoulders and then leaned against one of the walls.
"Look, I really don't care what Capitol does or what they told us to do. I'm doing things my way, and they knew this when they chose to send me here.
We're here to investigate the obelisk, but it's very likely the unnatural occurences in the forest must be linked to it in some fashion, so they were worth investigating as well.
You're right in that we can't really afford to get into more encounters like those, but considering both the Capitol and Briggs' men are completely useless, it can't be helped."

Scoffingly, he added:
"...but rejoice, for there's a simple solution! Get Briggs' men to investigate the forest in our stead and we can focus on the obelisk itself!"
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Ginny, Lv01 [20] Blue Knight [Front]
03/17 HP // 18/100 [ IIIIIIIIIII]
+1 DMG | +2 HIT | +1 AC | +1 MR | +2 INIT
Longsword [1-8 Dmg] | Old Breastplate Armor [4 AC]
Spoiler: Character Sheet
Inventory...[ 02/10 ]
[list][*] Whetstone x02 [+1 DMG and CT for 1 fight]
[*] Tarot Deck [22][/list]

Spellbook...[ 02/03 ]
[list][*]Shatter Guard [02] (Watcher)
This attack strips the target of all magical protection and causes them to take 50% more damage until their turn starts, but otherwise does not damage them.

[*]Warcry [04] (Carrion Stag)
A ferocious battle cry, infused with mana, threatening enemies and bolstering allies.
All enemies gain [STRx4] stress. All allies gain [WILL] HIT until the end of combat. Minor action.

[*][/list]

Abilities [ 0345/0350 AP ]:
[list]
[*] Image Blue Lancer [0/1] [ Active ] [ 55 AP ]
This attack has +5 HIT, can only be used from the cover row, and targets a single enemy in the front row. This attack moves Ginny over to the front row, and deals x2 Maximized damage if it connects. Ginny gains 25 stress if the attack misses. This attack requires a major and a minor action to use.
[*] Image Metamagick [2/2] [ Active ] [ 60 AP ]
Whenever an ally casts an offensive spell, Ginny can consume one use of her B.K abilities to add its effects to the spell that was cast (the efficiency of this effect is circumstantial). This ability is considered a major action.
[*] Image War Banner [0/1] [ Active ] [ 30 AP ]
Reduce stress by 10 for all other party members and maximize the damage of their next attack. This is a major action.
[*] Image Blue Knight [ Passive ] [ 200 AP ]
A Blue Knight learns attacks by defeating enemies. Ginny cannot learn spells, and has no SP. Instead, her spellbook will be filled up with abilities as Ginny's party defeats enemies, based on the enemies themselves. The attacks in a Blue Knight's spellbook have a limited number of uses before they are forgotten. The number of uses gained is random between 1 and INT. Once an ability in the spellbook has run out of uses, it is erased. Ginny can only manually clear entries from the spellbook by meditating at camp, otherwise she must expand attacks to clear entries. Ginny's B.K abilities cannot be taught as spells would be to others, as they are invoked, rather than studied.
[*] Image Spiderwalk [ Passive ] [ 50 AP ] [ Not learned ]
Ginny can traverse vertical surfaces so long that she keeps running. If her surroundings allow it, she can use this ability to attack enemies in cover with a successful maneuver.

[*] Image Mana-Font [ Passive ] [ 55 AP ] [ Not learned ]
Whenever Oz uses Wellspring of Magic, Ginny gains 1 cost-free use of Metamagick as a free action.

[*] Image Weaving Strike [ Passive ] [ 65 AP ] [ Not learned ]
When attacking enemies in melee with B.K abilities, Ginny can attempt a maneuver to weave magical energy into her target. If the enemy is unmarked, they gain A Trace for Nica to exploit. If the enemy already carries A Trace, the maneuver causes the attack to deal x1.5 damage.

[*] Image Reflection [ Camping ] [ 45 AP ] [ Not learned ]
Ginny can boost the number of uses for one of her B.K abilities by [WIL].

[*] Image Soul Crucible [ Camping ] [ 115 AP ] [ Not learned ]
Ginny can combine up to 2 B.K abilities into a single ability - merging their effects and summing their uses. Ginny can't use this ability to combine a B.K ability that is already the product of such a combination.
[/list]

Attributes:
STR: +2
DEX: +0
AGI: +1
VIT: +0
INT: +3
WIL: +1
PER: +0

Ability Points: 05
Attribute Points: 0

Scripts:
- nil.
Oz may have been correct. Ginny could have probably stopped him if she wanted to... but she didn't want to. Not because it was the best tactical choice, honestly, but because she wanted to destroy that thing with an intensity she didn't know she had in her.
She recalled how she fought earlier today... she never fought people this way... recklessly. She was reprimanding Oz for acting impulsively while she wasn't entirely in control herself. Huh.

When Oz boasted his tendency to do things his way, it occurred to Ginny that Capitol may have paired her, a oath-sworn knight, and Nica, a born aristocrat, to influence Oz to be more tempered in his approach. Oz was obviously the most expert mage among them, but he was really uncontrollable. Capitol may have known what they were doing sending him here with her and Nica.
Although... recent events be considered, she may be giving Capitol too much credit.

"I suppose you have a point, Oz. I could have stopped you back then, but what happens if I can't stop you from acting rash? I'm not the kind of person who can abandon ranks. I don't think you and Nica are either. If one of us fights, we all fight, and that could get us all killed next time something like this happens. I don't expect you to apologize, because I'm guilty too. I'm asking you to learn from our mistake, and take better care of ourselves. I think we all agree on this, but I felt the need to say it."

She shifted her weight to her other leg. This talk was making her uncomfortable.

"Briggs' men are keeping us safe at night while we do our work. Even if Briggs refuses to let his men be exposed to unnecessary danger, which is understandable, considering they're the last members of his village, they're still better allies than none. If I were him, I wouldn't send my people out either, especially since Capitol stated that they're bringing reinforcements."

It occurred to Ginny that they should share their knowledge about these creatures with the Garrison, so that if Briggs' men do end up fighting the creatures themselves, which is, frankly, inevitable, they'd have a better chance against them.

She got off the wall, sighed, and added.
"You know Oz, for someone who doesn't care for Capitol's orders, you sure seemed eager to die on their behalf. Just keep in mind that we can't help anyone if we're killed."
:wink:
Shade

Post by Shade »

Oz, Lv 1.30
HP: 05/16
SP: 057%
Equipment:
  • Padded Vest (1 AC)
Items:
[list][*] Rødlev Crest
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:
[list][*]Cyclone
-> Creates 1d3 + INT/3 Wind blades dealing 1d4 + WIL damage. Blades have INT HIT bonus.
[*]Sonic Clap
-> All enemies must make a VIT check vs the caster's WIL or be stunned for a turn and lose their AC dodge bonus.
[*]Darkmatter Vortex
-> All enemies must make a WIL+VIT check vs the caster's INT. If they succeed they take 1d3 damage. if they fail they will take 1d3 damage per turn for WIL turns.
[*]Light
-> Creates a floating orb of radiance to act as a source of light for the caster. The orb will accompany the caster for several hours before fizzling out, and may be dismissed manually.
[*]Life Sense
-> The caster is able to telepathically sense all living beings within a radius of approximately INT+PER meter.[/list]

-> Oz can give up his minor action each turn in order to apply his Perception stat as a bonus towards any of his attempts to dodge an attack. Increases Stress by 5 at the end of every turn while active.
-> At any time during a battle, Oz can use a minor action to regain a spell point, at the cost of increasing his Stress by 20.
-> Allows Oz to make a maneuver (spells only) against enemies marked with A Trace by Nica. If successful, A Trace is consumed and the target is stunned for a turn.
-> This is a minor action. If Ginny uses War Banner this turn, Oz follows up with his own unique brand of "encouragement", crushing his enemies' will to fight.
Unless they pass a WIL check against 6+WIL, all enemies suffer 10 Stress and have the damage of their next attack minimized.

-> Whenever Oz is (one of) the target(s) of any action while suffering from an Affliction, the user of that action receives 10 Stress unless they pass a WIL check against 6+WIL (whether they're friend or foe).

[*]Spell Crucible [ Camping ] [ 85 AP ] [ Req.: Ginny's Soul Crucible ] [ Not learned ]
-> Oz can create a combined spell from two of his known spells, that behaves as Ginny's spellbook abilities, with a single use. This spell does not take up space in Oz' spellbook but can only be used once before it is forgotten.

-> Allows Oz to cast a spell using all of his remaining spell points at once. Each spell point beyond the requirement sacrificed this way increases the potency of the resulting spell by 50% (additive).
[/list]

Attributes:
-5 Strength
-3 Dexterity
±0 Agility
+1 Vitality
+5 Intellect
+5 Willpower
+4 Perception
"Well, I guess it doesn't matter, as I have no plans to repeat a mistake like that. It just so happens that being alive has its merits, so throwing my life away would be stupid."
Oz' expression softened a little when Ginny voiced her concerns regarding Briggs' men.
"I doubt they could handle any of the creatures we've seen so far, so I'm not sure who's keeping whom safe.
With that said, I obviously don't expect them to be useful. If they were there'd be no need for us to be here, so don't worry about it."

However, it seemed that she had misunderstood him. Oz likewise got off the wall, his expression darkening a little.
"However, it seems you have trouble understanding one fundamental difference between us.
I couldn't care less about what Capitol expects from us. I came here because I wanted to, and I have no qualms about abandoning these ruins should things turn sour. The reason I didn't abandon the fight against these stags is that I was the one who picked it in the first place, and not even I am willing to abandon decency to the point of leaving someone to die who decided to help me against their better judgement."

He gave another shrug of his shoulders, then turned to leave.
"But whatever. I'm beat, so I'm gonna hit the bed. You two probably should, too."
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Ginny, Lv01 [20] Blue Knight [Front]
03/17 HP // 18/100 [ IIIIIIIIIII]
Inventory...[ 02/10 ]

Spellbook...[ 02/03 ]
This attack strips the target of all magical protection and causes them to take 50% more damage until their turn starts, but otherwise does not damage them.

A ferocious battle cry, infused with mana, threatening enemies and bolstering allies.
All enemies gain [STRx4] stress. All allies gain [WILL] HIT until the end of combat. Minor action.

[*][/list]

[list]
This attack has +5 HIT, can only be used from the cover row, and targets a single enemy in the front row. This attack moves Ginny over to the front row, and deals x2 Maximized damage if it connects. Ginny gains 25 stress if the attack misses. This attack requires a major and a minor action to use.
Whenever an ally casts an offensive spell, Ginny can consume one use of her B.K abilities to add its effects to the spell that was cast (the efficiency of this effect is circumstantial). This ability is considered a major action.
Reduce stress by 10 for all other party members and maximize the damage of their next attack. This is a major action.
A Blue Knight learns attacks by defeating enemies. Ginny cannot learn spells, and has no SP. Instead, her spellbook will be filled up with abilities as Ginny's party defeats enemies, based on the enemies themselves. The attacks in a Blue Knight's spellbook have a limited number of uses before they are forgotten. The number of uses gained is random between 1 and INT. Once an ability in the spellbook has run out of uses, it is erased. Ginny can only manually clear entries from the spellbook by meditating at camp, otherwise she must expand attacks to clear entries. Ginny's B.K abilities cannot be taught as spells would be to others, as they are invoked, rather than studied.
Ginny can traverse vertical surfaces so long that she keeps running. If her surroundings allow it, she can use this ability to attack enemies in cover with a successful maneuver.

Whenever Oz uses Wellspring of Magic, Ginny gains 1 cost-free use of Metamagick as a free action.

When attacking enemies in melee with B.K abilities, Ginny can attempt a maneuver to weave magical energy into her target. If the enemy is unmarked, they gain A Trace for Nica to exploit. If the enemy already carries A Trace, the maneuver causes the attack to deal x1.5 damage.

Ginny can combine up to 2 B.K abilities into a single ability - merging their effects and summing their uses. Ginny can't use this ability to combine a B.K ability that is already the product of such a combination.
[/list]

Attributes:

Scripts:
- nil.
Ginny smirked.
"I understand your disposition towards Capitol perfectly fine. You're not the only one capable of sarcasm, Oz."

But at least they agreed on one thing for now.
"You're probably right. Good night."
Ginny gets ready to leave as well.

Unless Nica has anything else to discuss, the party will rest in the next GM post.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Nica, Lv 1.11

Health: 05/11 (Red Plague)

Lunge:

Items:

[*] Scroll of Locking [ "This spell manipulates locks and similar mechanisms to close and lock them as one would with a matching key." ]
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:

[list][*] Arc Bolt
-> Strike a single enemy with a bolt of lightning. The bolt has Int Hit and deals 3d3+Wil damage.
-> On attack rolls of 6 or more, the bolt will chain to a random nearby enemy dealing 2d3+Wil damage on the first chain, and 1d3+Wil any consecutive times after that.
[*] Entropy Bolt
-> Attack an enemy with a strange bolt of chaotic energy. The bolt has Wil+Dex Hit and reduces the victim's AC and Hit by Int.
-> The victim will take 1 Dmg and 5 Stress every turn until they have taken the same amount that their AC and Hit were reduced by.[/list]

Nica wanders the land, tracing the trails of the many magicks at work upon it, and claiming them.
-> When Nica successfully casts a spell on an enemy, Nica marks them with A Trace, granting her +1 Hit and MR against them for 2 turns. [ 60 AP ]
-> Nica can make a maneuver against marked enemies to consume A Trace and gain 1 Spell Point. [ 120 AP ]
-> When an enemy casts a spell, Nica also marks them with A Trace. [ 80 AP ][/list]

Nica's curiosity sometimes turns to greed... sometimes against her best interests.
-> While Kleptokinesis is active, Nica retrieves discharged magicks from the spells she casts, granting her Kinesis for each cast.
-> A successful melee attack will consume Kinesis and end Kleptokinesis. The damage is increased by 1x per stack consumed.
-> Kinesis stacks are lost if Kleptokinesis is ended manually.[/s][/color][/list]

Nica's upbringing has made her more than proficient with written documents, which she applies to spells left behind.
-> With a quill & parchment, Nica may transcribe one of her known spells into written form while camping.
-> She can re-learn spells that she has forgotten if she has their scrolls.[/s][/color][/list]

Attributes:

[list][*]-1 Str
[*]+4 Dex
[*]+2 Agi
[*]-1 Vit
[*]+2 Int
[*]+0 Wil
[*]+1 Per[/list]
Nica watches Oz declare his standoffish self to Ginny with some exasperation, but at least it wraps up more or less cleanly. For all their arguing, there was probably no point in plotting a course of action until news came with the reinforcements anyway, so Nica is happy to take the cue and get some rest as well.
"Yes, good night."

Nica prepares and, summoning a fierce resolve, takes Briggs' medicine before returning to her prepared quarters to rest.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Party
  • Image | Nica (AoD) ..__ | 12/12 | IIIIIIIIII000 | Lv 1.13 | [Front] | -3 MaxHP
  • Image | Ginny (Cime) .. | 10/17 | IIIIIIIIII000 | Lv 1.22 | [Front] |
  • Image | Oz (Shade) ...._ | 12/16 | IIIIIIIIII039 | Lv 1.32 | [Cover] |
Gold: 217
Day 03
Spoiler: Quests
[list][*][!] Icon of Ruin: Discover the origin of the Obelisk in Korsgrad, learn the fate of the villagers and find the source of the fire that razed the city to the ground.[/list]
Spoiler: Saved Locations
[list][*]Ancient Shrine: "Sacrifice -Death Ward"
[*]A Strange Nest: Something in the nest draws mana towards it.[/list]

Nica: +2 Exp
Ginny: +2 Exp
Oz: +2 Exp

You retire for the night. Cleaning and sowing back some of your gear, and washing some of the dirt and grime of today's skirmish in the forest.

Nica uses Medicine

The Party Rests...

The silence of the evening is worlds apart from your experience last night. The slow burning of torches outside and chirping of crickets from the forest lulls you into deep slumber almost immediately as you lay in your bed.

Ginny is exposed to The Red Plague
Ginny resisted.
Oz is exposed to The Red Plague
Oz resisted.

Nica is carrying The Red Plague
VIT check, DC 10:
Nica: 10 - 01 + 05 + 01 = 15 >>> Success!

Nica is recovering from The Red Plague.
Nica: 02 - 01 = 01
Nica's max HP recovers by 1.

Nica no longer carries the disease, so she will not risk others with it or suffer the disease's unique effect (double bleeding damage, in this case). Any stat damage she may have suffered will recover as she rests, based on her VIT attribute. (VIT check/04 stat points will recover).

+7 HP
-18 Stress
8 spell points restored

You wake up to the sound of large commotion outside.
You gear up quickly and leave your rooms, and meet up. You overhear Briggs' men talking, saying that reinforcements have arrived, so you go outside to have a look.

It's true. About three dozen people, most of them soldiers, are parked outside with horse-drawn wagons of equipment. Soldiers are all in standard empire uniform - Chainmail armor, a metal spangen helmet, and a red and black tabard with Rodlev's insignia, with thick leather boots and gloves. These are footsoldiers, not operatives, though you spot a few outliers with their own equipment that may be more than just soldiers, like the man who appears to be a specialized bodyguard, standing next to Ser Tudor.

Tudor is here? He's not a member of the operative branch, but he's certainly a familiar face from Capitol, one you would actually never, ever, expect to see out on the field.
Back in capitol, he's a retired knight of noble birth, who went into politics, and became involved in the office of internal affairs. You remember a few missions where he was the one to brief you, and several others where he was just present in the room. Now here he is, strutting around in the empire's colors and insignia over a massive full plate armor. He's not here for a quick check - the man is here on business.
The fact that the internal branch are now involved in this, means that capitol must be sure that this obelisk business is something big. Maybe big enough to threaten the empire from within.

Tudor puts on a warm smile as Briggs approaches him, and the two men shake hands and wander off into Briggs' makeshift office to speak. Tudor asks his outlandish-looking bodyguard to stay outside, so he leans against the wall next to the door to Briggs' office as it closes behind Tudor.

@Nica Now that the bodyguard is facing you and looking in your direction, your eyes meet and you catch the bodyguard winking at you... He doesn't look familiar, you doubt you've met him before. It's possible you've seen him in Capitol if he's an operative, though. WWYDN?:
  • ========================================
    [1] Talk to Briggs' men
    [2] Talk to some of the new arrivals
    [3] Have a look around the wagons
    [4] Try to enter Briggs' office, or speak to the bodyguard
    [5] Continue your mission for now, approach the obelisk
    [6] Wait for Tudor and Briggs to finish talking
    [7] Head out into the forests again ("Death Ward" shrine, The nest, or simply general exploration and hunting)
    [8] Image
    ========================================
Shade

Post by Shade »

Oz, Lv 1.32
HP: 12/16
SP: 039%
Equipment:
  • Padded Vest (1 AC)
Items:
[list][*] Rødlev Crest
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:
[list][*]Cyclone
[*]Sonic Clap
[*]Darkmatter Vortex
[*]Light
[*]Life Sense

[/list]

Attributes:
-5 Strength
-3 Dexterity
±0 Agility
+1 Vitality
+5 Intellect
+5 Willpower
+4 Perception
Oz raised an eyebrow. Great, more people who were just going to get in the way... ...and they even sent that old geezer here, whom he had thought retired.
"That old man's here, too? What the hell are those fools at Capitol trying to do?"
Capitol's actions didn't make a shred of sense to Oz - not with the current amount of information he had, anyway.
"I guess the quickest way to find out would be to ask the old geezer directly, so... I don't know about you, but that's what I'm going to do."

Oz tries to enter Briggs' office.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Nica, Lv 1.13

Health: 12/12

Lunge:

Items:

[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:

[list][*] Arc Bolt
[*] Entropy Bolt

Attributes:

[list][*]-1 Str
[*]+4 Dex
[*]+2 Agi
[*]-1 Vit
[*]+2 Int
[*]+0 Wil
[*]+1 Per[/list]
Nica awakens feeling like a new person... though the feebleness still lingers, she is able to pick herself up out of bed with a vigour she would not take for granted anymore after the hours following yesterday's battle. As she begins to dress herself, the very audible commotion outside suggests to her that there's no better time to be feeling fresh, either.

To Nica's mixed feelings, the barracks is now overrun with soldiers from Capitol and the many wagons packed with something or other. From here, she can't really tell what, exactly, it is that they've brought so much of, but dealing with all the infantry and trying to get a look would be more trouble than its worth. The better approach would probably be to talk to the person in charge, over -- ah yes, Ser Tudor. Before her obvious familiarity with the man due to her work in the operative branch, she'd also shaken hands with him many times as the Baron's "son", together under the umbrella of nobility as they were. She grimaces at the notion that she'd be receiving a second-hand lecture from her father while Tudor was here, but he's always been an agreeable man when it's down to business. Nica thinks the plate mail suits him far better than the often-ridiculous fashion sensibilities of Rødlev's royals.
As she ruminates thus, Nica notices Ginny and Oz stepping out and taking in the sight as well.
"Good morning. A much better night's --"
Before she can even greet them, though, Oz strides off in the direction of Briggs' shack, muttering to himself. Was it too early for her to think this typical of him?
"...sleep, wasn't it..."
Watching him go, her eyes drift over and meet with those of that strange-looking bodyguard, who winks at her. Nica frowns indiscriminately, having no idea what to make of it without being able to recognise the man, let alone having ever met him before.
Well, if it's not for that reason, it's to try and mediate if Oz causes a commotion, so...

Nica chases Oz over to Ser Tudor's bodyguard, to at least greet him properly before Oz attempts to go barging in, and also to hear about whatever it is he gave that wink for.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Ginny, Lv01 [22] Blue Knight [Front]
10/17 HP // 00/100 [ IIIIIIIIIII]
Inventory...[ 02/10 ]

Spellbook...[ 02/03 ]

[*][/list]

[list]

[/list]

Attributes:

Scripts:
- nil.
A restful sleep at last. Ginny didn't want to get up, but she did out of necessity.
Reinforcements have finally arrived, and Ser Tudor was here, apparently leading the operation. There is definitely miscommunication between Capitol and Ginny's team - That's a gap that needs to be bridged.
Oz has the right idea, apparently, regarding how to close the gap. Just needed to make sure that his methods aren't wrong. This would be a bad time to start something, and considering what he said last night, there's a non-negligible chance he just might.

Ginny drowsily follows her teammates to Briggs' doorstep.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Party
  • Image | Nica (AoD) ..__ | 12/12 | IIIIIIIIII000 | Lv 1.13 | [Front] | -3 MaxHP
Day 03
[list][*][!] Icon of Ruin: Discover the origin of the Obelisk in Korsgrad, learn the fate of the villagers and find the source of the fire that razed the city to the ground.[/list]

You approach the door, getting closer to Tudor's bodyguard.

His appearance and attire really are unusual. His hair and beard are long and wild. He wears a set of darkened, treated leather armor that leaves the majority of his upper body exposed, but protects his left weapon arm. The man is armed pretty much to the teeth - An impressive round shield in one arm, a warhammer in the other, a large curved dagger connected to his belt with some unfamiliar metallic mechanism. His physical build and mannerisms suggest that he's a seasoned warrior. He wears the empire's colors - black, white and red, suggesting affiliation with it, but you've never seen any empire representative that looks like him.
Spoiler:
The bodyguard stands up straight as Oz approaches him decisively. They look into eachother's eyes for several long seconds. The bodyguard assesses the look on Oz's face very carefully. Nica and Ginny catch up to Oz at this point.
He glances over to Nica, back to Oz. Finally, he grins and says:
"Hey, sorry friend, I didn't know she was your girl. No hard feelings, eh?"

Then, ignoring Oz and Nica completely, he looks at Ginny.
"What about you, pretty lass? Are you taken as well?"
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Nica, Lv 1.13

Health: 12/12

Lunge:

Items:

[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:

[list][*] Arc Bolt
[*] Entropy Bolt

Attributes:

[list][*]-1 Str
[*]+4 Dex
[*]+2 Agi
[*]-1 Vit
[*]+2 Int
[*]+0 Wil
[*]+1 Per[/list]
Nica's face turns decidedly maudlin. Arguably that was the most likely reason for his gesture, but it's so out of place somewhere like this it was the one Nica was least expecting out of all the possibilities she could briefly consider... though she takes a small measure of satisfaction in not being mistaken for a man at that distance. However, in this case, it's resulted in her not being addressed directly even once, and that much certainly rubs her the wrong way.
She's not sure how she feels about the implication of her and Oz being an item, either. Especially considering she has more than four inches on him.
Suddenly inspired to snap back at the man, Nica maintains her straight face as she pulls Ginny over, wrapping a hand very deliberately around the girl's waist and brushing back her own hair with the other, before putting on her best deadpan baritone.
"As a matter of fact, yes. I'm her man, and he's the third wheel."
Shade

Post by Shade »

Oz, Lv 1.32
HP: 12/16
SP: 039%
Equipment:
  • Padded Vest (1 AC)
Items:
[list][*] Rødlev Crest
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:
[list][*]Cyclone
[*]Sonic Clap
[*]Darkmatter Vortex
[*]Light
[*]Life Sense

[/list]

Attributes:
-5 Strength
-3 Dexterity
±0 Agility
+1 Vitality
+5 Intellect
+5 Willpower
+4 Perception
But as Oz approached the bodyguard with the two girls in tow, his reaction... ...caught the mage completely off-guard. At a loss for words, Oz simply stared at the stranger in disbelief until Nica... ...confused him even further. Was this some kind of dream?
"Are you daft? I'm here to talk to Briggs and the old geezer, not to play your little game of house.
Capitol told me to investigate the obelisk. I don't need a platoon of soldiers here to do that, so I'd like to know what the hell they were thinking."
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Ginny, Lv01 [22] Blue Knight [Front]
10/17 HP // 00/100 [ IIIIIIIIIII]
Inventory...[ 02/10 ]

Spellbook...[ 02/03 ]

[*][/list]

[list]

[/list]

Attributes:

Scripts:
- nil.
Tudor's security detail appeared to be of the silly variety, and Ginny was both flustered and amused by the situation that had developed.
"Listen." she said, slowly putting her arm around Nica's waist as well, doing her best not to burst out laughing.
"We're all pretty occupied with our own business at the moment. Perhaps Oz will have time to play with you after we're done with our mission - but we do really need to speak to Tudor and Briggs for that to go anywhere."
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Party
Day 03

The man looks completely dumbfounded at this point.
"Right, right, whatever. This isn't worth the effort."

He opens the door without knocking.
"Tudor. Some idiots here to see you. Three. Say they're on order from Capitol."

You look inside past the doorway, and you see Briggs and Tudor staring back at you.
Briggs says this: "These are the operatives I've mentioned before. Capitol Ops sent them."

Tudor studies the three of you from the far end of the room.
"Well, come in then. We ought to speak." he says after a few moments, in a completely matter-of-fact tone.
You're not sure if he recognizes you. Doesn't look like it.
As you walk into Briggs' office, you shut the door behind you. You hear the bodyguard outside exhaling air forcefully, and leaning on the wall again.
"Master Sargent Briggs tells me you've been hunting some very unusual fauna these last few days. What can you tell me about that?"