Movie thread

Anything not related to Egoboo.

Moderator: Developers

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Re: Movie thread

Post by Cimeries »

*resists urge to show something highly inappropriate and telling Woodmouse to eat it instead*
:wink:
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Cimeries wrote:*resists urge to show something highly inappropriate and telling Woodmouse to eat it instead*
:lol:
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

Eat this instead.

Seriously, why does Marisa nom spring flowers? (don't ask me which kind of flower that is, I fail at botany.)
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

Unavailable.
octagon, you might want to start checking your links before posting them, because roughly 90% of them turn out to be broken.
octagon

Post by octagon »

My guess is that because of shenanigans zerochan (whose name is utterly misleading, by the way - it's not an imageboard, just an anime artwork site) doesn't display this image to unregistered people. It does that with some perfectly innocuous images, I have no idea why.
Here it is, I hope it doesn't screw anything up.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Protip: You did.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Did you use the share links provided?
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

-WARNING: RANTING ABOUT TROLLING AHEAD-

Well, I watched "Joshua" (the 2007 horror/whatever movie) and seriously, it would've been an awesome movie if it wouldn't have been so boring. The plot was great, acting was great (for the most part), and it had some mindf***y stuff, but... but it was kind of slow and I expected a lot more from it, especially since until halfway through it, everything seemed like a creepy combination of "Rosemary's Baby" and "Omen", but... but then he was just a smart kid. I know, that was the whole idea, but still, it was like "I'm sure soon there'll be like epic flames coming from his mouth and... WHAT THE DUCK HE'S A NORMAL KID!?!?! BLAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!". You know?

Now it was just... like, "hey let's fool everyone into thinking this is gonna be like two awesome movies that have a son of Satan in them by having the kid have similar clothes and all to Damien in Omen, and the mom to be almost exactly like in Rosemary's Baby, then build the creepy horror atmosphere all the way up and THEN LET'S JUST BLANDLY REVEAL IT'S GONNA BE NOTHING LIKE THAT TROLOLOL". But then again, I've only seen the remake of "Omen", so I don't know if it was anything like the original, but... you know, the kid was similar to that. And seriously, the mom... THE SAME KINDA HAIR AND ALL. It was annoying, since it seemed like an intentional "trolololol" thing... it 99% likely was... but... but well. :P And yeah, I googled to see if I'm just the only one thinking that way, and obviously not, since everyone has done that exact same comparison... which leads to only one possible conclusion. THEY TURTLEDUCKED OUR KNEES!!! :curse:

...but I'm not saying it sucked. Ok, maybe I am.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

American History X
Reservoir Dogs
Scarface

All awesome.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

I can't believe it slipped me the first time I watched National Treasure: Book of Secrets in the ancient times, but when that random guy yelled "Where are my sledgehammers?!" I laughed so hard and had to google it, and I'm so relieved I'm not the only one who thought it was funny:

It's just... so hilarious, partly because of the way he says it and partly because the sentence itself is just so retarded and makes almost no sense at all, since they technically aren't his sledgehammers, at least it's not mentioned explictly that they would be (and earlier it wasn't the same guy who talked about the sledgehammers) and the way he turns his head is just so funny, it's like that dramatic chipmunk. I mean, he's completely random, that's the first and last time he's seen in the entire movie (unless I missed the other times) and it's just that one line. I can't understand why I find it so funny, but it's just so epic.
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

Watched War Whores Horse War Other Dumb Joke War Horse. A bit cliched at a fair amount of parts and seems to ignore history/logic in the pursuit of drama sometimes, but a good movie.
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Is it wrong to think that "Antichrist" was lame and not nearly as disgusting/whatever as most people claim it to be? I mean, it started really slow (which isn't a bad thing) and then, when the whole thing could've gotten really disturbing, gross and mindf***y, it was just... meh. Sure, it'd be horrible if something like that happened, but it wasn't horrifying/scary/disturbing/anything in any way other than in the "sex results in bad things" way, which doesn't do anything to me, since, you know, I'm not the most sexual person on the planet. :P But well, the fox, crow (or was it a raven?) and deer were cool.

"Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" was one of the funniest movies ever. Watching anything now where a cleaning woman/cleaning lady is mentioned without laughing is impossible. It's pretty much one of the best comedy films ever, and I'm sure everyone has seen it at least 500 times. It's weird how old movies can be good, even though usually I think anything before the 90s is somehow boring. I don't know why, but almost all 80s movies are a lot less "atmospheric", even if that doesn't apply to really old ones like 40s-50s and whatever, since they're the most "atmospheric"... but I just can't stand them because my eyes will start hurting from a complete grayscale thing. If there's some tint of any color in there, it's ok, but just plain gray, without even white or black... ugggghhhh MY EEEEYYYYYYEEEESSSS.

Also, "The Hills Have Eyes" (2006) was retarded in a good way. It wasn't really logical though. I mean, if some psycho-mutant-dudes would attack me in a desert, and my only hope of getting out alive was running along the road to the nearest city, wherever that is (hundreds of kilometers away), I'd at least try; chances that a car would drive by on the actual good road are a lot higher than in some crappy not-even-a-road-road, and from the way it seemed, they wouldn't have followed all the way there. But yeah, it would've been boring if it was completely realistic, since no one would probably have survived in the mines and so there wouldn't have been any of the stuff that happened, and the people would've just driven safely to the place they were going to (whatever that was, I forgot). :lol: But yeah, it was a good movie, made me jump once (when the big guy jumped through the wall with the axe; it was so expectable that he'd come through the window, but then he came there and GSÖGNÖgönas (which also is a bit weird, since who would break their own(/friend's/boss'/whatever he was to him's) house just to surprise someone? But well, logic/realism doesn't really matter, so...)) and also, the big-headed guy was epic:

"lol bro look at my head -> u did dis to me bro -> k u didnt do it but whatevs man -> dude wtf u doin? -> BREAKFAST TIME!!! rofl".
Seanbot
Cobol (Esteemed member)
Cobol (Esteemed member)

Post by Seanbot »

Robogeisha.
The japanese classic about a geisha.
Who is also a robot.
Moogirl wrote: [19:47:14] ­period jokes = not cool
[19:47:23] ­no wait it's the anus
[19:47:25] ­wtf
[19:47:46] ­a cloud cannot have that much blood
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I watched this animated film adaption of the Berserk manga recently (I haven't read the manga). The film was fantastic, the animation was mindblowingly good and the plot was nothing to sneeze at either, even if there were way too many guys who looked like girls walking around.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Seanbot
Cobol (Esteemed member)
Cobol (Esteemed member)

Post by Seanbot »

Back in my day anime dudes looked liked dudes.
Except when they were dresing up like chicks.
Which I guess was more often than reasonable.
Moogirl wrote: [19:47:14] ­period jokes = not cool
[19:47:23] ­no wait it's the anus
[19:47:25] ­wtf
[19:47:46] ­a cloud cannot have that much blood