[PnP] Predestination - Talk

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

[PnP] Predestination - Talk

Post by Agent of Dread »

Story

In the land of Alcordia, the people pass down a long-held tradition of one's Path. The Path dictates a man's destiny, the turns he will make and the roads he will take. One's Path would be made a subject of great wonder, and every man hoped he would forsee the achievement of his success, fame and reward.

Recently, a group of mages calling themselves the Order of the Path has surfaced, claiming to have managed to magically read the Path of any man. Despite being complete strangers, the city of Galder, the largest and most central, took them into the governmental system. They now predict crimes before they will happen and arrest the perpetrators-to-be accordingly. They offer career readings for well-to-do children, and advise the King on the ruling of the land based on what actions people will take.

However, the Order often makes excursions. They show up mysteriously at a town, take some business in a building, and leave without a word of goodbyes. Some have even found them gathered around ancient ruins in the wild. Their presence is becoming suspicious to some people.

Then, today, you went to a public execution. A noble they had claimed would commit a murder in their friend's home later that day. He resisted right up until the final moments of his life, screaming innocence, and that he didn't own a weapon. His house was investigated privately, and it turned out that he indeed owned nothing capable of killing a man, and was in no state to acquire one, nor did he have any written evidence of being inclined to kill his friend - not a word of diary dissent.

Can this Order really be trusted? Is the Path as real as they say - and can they read it accurately even then?
And what is it that they're looking for all over the land?

Rules

Roleplaying
1. For anything not adressed in this ruleset, generic RPG rules apply. You know the drill. (Feel free to ask if you don't.)

2. If you want to do something that you don't want to describe as bluntly in your roleplaying or otherwise can't fit into it, feel free to state your character's actual action in OOC text.

Combat

3. This PnP uses the traditional d20 for determining the success of all actions.
Physical attacks will hit if the attacker's d20 + Hit matches or exceeds the target's AC.
There are no critical hits by default, though you can take an ability that allows you to score them.

4. Every character can take either a minor and a major action per turn, or just two minor ones.
- Major actions: Attacking, using a spell or an active ability (unless specified otherwise), using an item, changing armour.
- Minor actions: (De-)activiating a sustained ability, giving or receiving an item, switching between front and cover, changing weapons.

5. If a character's HP drop to 0, he/she is KO. Unconscious characters can't act anymore until the battle is over, at which point they regain consciousness (but remain at 0 HP, unable to defend themselves until they rest or are healed).
Also note that getting knocked out damages your fortitude modifier, meaning that your max. HP will be reduced until you get sufficient rest.

6. You can choose between two possible positions for battles - front or cover. The front can be attacked by anything, but can also attack with anything itself. Covered characters cannot attack in melee. Trying to attack a covered combatant in melee is possible, but provokes a DEX vs. AGI check against all opposing front combatants and is thus more likely to fail - however, this only applies if the front actually exists. If there's no front row, the cover row will be treated as the front.

7. If things don't seem to be going your way, you can escape from battles. Whether this fails or succeeds depends on the circumstances; usually, you will be able to get away, but ranged attackers will get in a few free attacks while you escape. However, any party members not capable of moving (e. g. because of being unconscious) will need to be carried by someone else, and will be left behind if carrying them would hinder your escape too much.

8. If you don't want to wait for the other players to post in a battle (for example if it just drags on and seemingly takes forever), you can just post a bolded End Turn in the game thread. You can then also give orders to the characters that haven't posted yet, if you want to, kind of like in an actual RPG game. Any characters that do not receive orders and have not posted yet at that point will idle for that turn.
You can also post actions for multiple turns in advance, which I will attempt to follow as closely as possible.

Character Stats
9. Every character's main stats are HP (Health Points), XP (Experience Points) and AP. Everyone knows what HP and XP do, as well as how XP are gained. AP allow you to learn abilities as usual.

10. Advancing to the next level always takes 100 XP. After a level up your XP are reset to 0, though any leftover XP will be kept (e. g. reaching 108 XP would leave you with 8 XP after the level up). Gaining a level will allow you to distribute 2 additional points among your main stats and increase your max. HP, as well as give you additional AP.
For purposes of making calculations easier, you start out at Lv0 instead of Lv1.

11. Players may define their active/sustained/passive abilities themselves, but the GM may change them if he deems them too imbalanced; otherwise, you'll be told how many AP your abilities require. Please refrain from making your abilities overly complex, as I don't really feel like spending three hours just to calculate one round of combat.
I'm aiming for roughly 25 AP for a completely "average" ability (with active abilities' uses' average being 2), though that doesn't mean that abilities that require more or less AP than that can't be just as effective.

12. You can't define your own equipment, but you can specify what you'd like to start out with and will be given something appropriate. If you don't specify anything, you will be given random equipment as deemed appropriate for your character. The more equipment you request, the weaker every individual piece you get will be overall. You may also choose one utility item (a rope, lockpick, bottle, net, something like that) on top of this.

13. Items don't stack. Ammunation (arrows, bolts, throwing stars, throwing knives, etc.) and consumables (up to a limit stated in the item description) are excepted.

14. Each character has the following modifiers, also called main stats:

Strength (STR)
- Every point de/increases the maximum number of items you can carry.
- Every point de/increases your base HP by 1.
- Every other point increases the damage your physical attacks deal by 1. Negative points do not decrease your damage.
- Every other point de/increases your Hit bonus by 1.
If a damaged/buffed STR modifier causes your inventory limit to drop below the amount of items you are carrying, you will have to discard items until you no longer surpass your new limit.
A damaged/buffed STR modifier will not affect your HP.

Dexterity (DEX)
- Every point de/increases your Hit bonus by 1.
- Every other point de/increases your AC by 1.
! Note that wearing armour may impose a penalty (indicated by the "Mal" rating) on checks done with this stat. The direct benefits to Hit and AC are not affected, however.

Agility (AGI)
- Every point de/increases your AC by 1.
- Your AGI is applied to your saving throw against various spells (mostly those that take on a physical form, like a fireball for example).
! Note that wearing armour may put a limit (indicated by the "Cap" rating) on the benefits received from this stat.

Fortitude (FOR)
- Every point de-/increases your base HP by 2.
- Every other point increases your HP Modifier (HP increase upon level up) by 1. Negative points do not decrease your HP Modifier.
- Your FOR is applied to your saving throw against status ailments and instant death.

Intellect (INT)
- Every other point de-/increases your maximum MP by 1.
- Every point increases the maximum number of spells you can memorize by 1. Negative points do not decrease your spell limit.
- Every point de/increases your AP by 10.
- Your INT determines the chance of hitting and effectiveness of many of your own spells.
A damaged/buffed INT modifier will not affect your MP, AP, and spell limit.

Willpower (WIL)
- Every other point de-/increases your maximum MP by 1.
- Your WIL determines the effectiveness of many of your own spells.
- Your WIL is applied to your saving throw against some types of spells (mostly those that do not take on a physical form, like debuffs, curses and mind control).
A damaged/buffed WIL modifier will not affect your MP.

...this results in the following sub-stats:

Code: Select all

- HP Modifier            (HPMod): 1 + FOR/2
 - Health                    (HP): 20 + [Lv xHPMod] ± 2xFOR ± STR   (cannot be lower than 0)
 - Mana                      (MP): 1 ± INT/2 ± WIL/2   (cannot be lower than 0)
 - Ability Points            (AP): 100 + 10xLv ± 10xINT
 - Spell limit                   : 1 + INT
 - Inventory Cap                 : 5 ± STR   (cannot be lower than 1)
 - Damage                   (Dmg): Weapon damage + STR/2. If unarmed, weapon damage is 1d3.
 - Hit Bonus                (Hit): STR/2 ± DEX ± Weapon Hit
 - Armor Class               (AC): 10 ± DEX/2 ± AGI ± Equipment AC
± means that this works both ways, and is added when positive, but taken away when negative.
+ means that this only works positively; a negative stat has no effect.

15. Distribute your starting stats wisely.
Your modifiers can be anything from -5 to (5 + Lv). The sum of all your modifiers must not exceed +5 at the beginning, though you may distribute 2 more points everytime you level up.

16. Any character that fulfills the necessary requirements may start out with up to 3 spells. You can specify what kind of spells you want and what they're supposed to do, but what exactly you end up getting is decided by the GM. After the game has started, spells can be learned at various occassions. Your characters may freely teach each other their knowledge of spells when they're unoccupied for a while, though depending on both the pupil and the teacher, the pupil may learn a different variation of the spell instead (this is not always strictly negative).

17. You can rest whenever you're not in immediate danger. Resting recovers your HP, MP and ability uses, as well as damaged modifiers.
In order to fully recover your HP and MP, you'll have to rest for around 8 hours.
In order to fully recover your ability uses, as little as around 1 hour is sufficient.
Modifiers recover at a rate of around 1 point per 8 hours.
If your rest is interrupted at some point or you simply don't rest long enough, you'll still recover a certain percentual value of your HP, MP and ability uses, but not nearly as much.
Unless you're in a hurry, take your time and rest after battle. Don't rush things.

• Example-kun, Lv 0.00 (Front)
    HP 16/16
    MP ■■■
    1d8+2 Dmg | -1 Hit | 16 AC
    Longsword [ 1d8 Dmg ]
    Chainmail [ 5 AC | Cap at +2 | -4 Mal ]
    Spoiler: Inventory & Status
    Items (1/9):
    - Empty Bottle

Spells (0/4):
    ---

Abilities ( ??/130 AP):
    [list][*]Example Ability [ 3 / 3 ] [ Active ] [ ?? AP ]
    Description
    [*]Example Ability [ Sustained ] [ ?? AP ]
    Description
    [*]Example Ability [ Passive ] [ ?? AP ]
    Description
Stats:
+4 Strength
-3 Dexterity
+2 Agility
-4 Fortitude
+3 Intellect
+3 Willpower

HPMod: +1

Appearance:
[Insert description and/or picture]

Story:
[Insert your character's background and story][/spoiler][/list]

• Example-san, Lv 6.43 (Front)
    HP 51/51
    MP ■■■■■■■
    1d8 Dmg | -2 Hit | 19 AC
    Iron Spear [ 1d8 Dmg | +1 AC | 2h ]
    Enchanted Wizard Robe +2 [ 4 AC ]
    Items (1/1):
    - Empty Bottle

Spells (0/9):
    ---

Abilities ( ??/240 AP):
    [list][*]Example Ability [ 3 / 3 ] [ Active ] [ ?? AP ]
    Description
    [*]Example Ability [ Sustained ] [ ?? AP ]
    Description
    [*]Example Ability [ Passive ] [ ?? AP ]
    Description
Stats:
-5 Strength
+0 Dexterity
+4 Agility
+6 Fortitude
+8 Intellect
+4 Willpower

HPMod: +4

Appearance:
[Insert description and/or picture]

Story:
[Insert your character's background and story][/spoiler][/list]

Shade, what's up with the +X Cap and -X Mal on armour?
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Re: [PnP] Predestination - Talk

Post by octagon »

This premise reminds me of a certain really dark and relatively gory (though not if compared to Dhux's Scar) RPG Maker game called "The Way", though that game's setting is additionally characterized by a moving boundary that forces everyone to be vagrant. It was rather interesting... I had probably finished it by now if not for the loss of my save data along with my old computer. I consider picking it up again...

I like the additional "reveal truth" theme you have going on. I might join this one if I get a character idea that's good enough to guarantee that I'll regularly post.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I sat down and wrote some stuff for this in advance today. It was a lot of fun and it should well-facilitate activity in the game.
Not to mention I came up with enough plot for a sequel. :P
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Veles, Lv 0.00 (Front)
HP 32/32
1d3+2 Dmg | +2 Hit | 9 AC
Unarmed [ 1d3 Dmg ]
Unarmored [ 0 AC ]
Items [ 1/9 ]:
- Food Ration
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Abilities [ 0000/0110 AP ]:
[list][*] Image Infantry [ Trait ] [ 00 AP ]
Veles does not have MP, and cannot cast spells. Positive INT provides a bonus to hit, positive WILL provides a bonus to AC.
[*] Image Carnivore [ Trait ] [ 00 AP ]
Veles cannot gain benefit from food that isn't meat, or drink that is not water. Veles' beastly appearance may cause some people to react negatively to him (it is common for him to be mistaken for a gnoll). Additionally, due to his horns, Veles cannot wear helmets unless they were specifically fitted for him.[/list]

> Swordmaster Aspect [ 000 AP ]:
[list][*] Image Surge [ 1 / 1 ] [ Active ] [ 00 AP ]
A powerful leap attack utilizing Veles' powerful hind leg muscles for added punch. This allows Veles to attack an enemy regardless of formation row for 150% normal damage. If the enemy is unaware of Veles' presence, this attack become a deadly assassination lounge, and its damage is instead maximized and then doubled.[/list]

> Warlord Aspect [ 000 AP ]:
[list][*] Image Warmachine [ Passive ] [ 00 AP ]
Whenever an enemy is overkilled (sent below 0 HP) Veles' Hp is restored by half of that difference, rounded down.[/list]

> Warden Aspect [ 000 AP ]:
[list][*] Image Mentor [ Passive ] [ 00 AP ]
Allies in Veles' party only pay 80% AP for learning combat-related abilities (Veles excluded).[/list]

Stats:
+4 Strength
-1 Dexterity
±0 Agility
+4 Fortitude
+1 Intellect
-3 Willpower

HPMod: +3

Background:
Veles is a mercenary, a sword for hire. He's been that for the past 30 years, and it's all he knows...
Literally. He has no recollection of what was before, of his childhood, or even of his family. He'd never seen anyone like himself before.
Rumors of the Order of the Path have reached his ears and he has set out to find them, in the hope that they can see not only further down "the Path", but could also reveal details of his past.
Maximized damage means that if the attack normally does 1d6, for example, it always picks the highest number without rolling, i.e 6.

Weapon: Preferably a bastard sword, or some kind of other large sword.
Armor: A copper breastplate, or similar.

I'm doing a little experiment with the whole aspect thing this time. Every aspect fits a certain kind of playstyle, and I came up with a whole bunch of abilities for each aspect.
Swordmaster focuses on fancy sword techniques and dealing a lot of damage. Mostly active abilities.
Warlord focuses on dominating the battlefield and staying alive against all odds.
Warden focuses on party support, contains abilities designed to help the rest of the party in some way or give them bonuses.

So now I want to see how I end up developing my guy. The plan is to go strictly balanced between the three, but that's obviously never going to happen, and I think it will be interesting to see exactly what kind of character I end up with.
:wink:
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Wow, you were right, I recognise Hood, Jakob and you know, the original Veles. :P

Infantry is 0 AP.
Carnivore is +15 AP.
Surge is 40 AP.
Warmachine is 40 AP.
Mentor is 60 AP.
(Obviously this may be unbalanced; I've always been bad at reading this sort of thing.)
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Veles, Lv 0.00 (Front)
HP 32/32
1d3+2 Dmg | +2 Hit | 9 AC
Unarmed [ 1d3 Dmg ]
Unarmored [ 0 AC ]
Items [ 1/9 ]:
- Food Ration
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Abilities [ 0100/0125 AP ]:
[list][*] Image Infantry [ Trait ] [ 00 AP ]
Veles does not have MP, and cannot cast spells. Positive INT provides a bonus to hit, positive WILL provides a bonus to AC.
[*] Image Carnivore [ Trait ] [ +15 AP ]
Veles cannot gain benefit from food that isn't meat, or drink that is not water. Veles' beastly appearance may cause some people to react negatively to him (it is common for him to be mistaken for a gnoll). Additionally, due to his horns, Veles cannot wear helmets unless they were specifically fitted for him.[/list]

> Swordmaster Aspect [ 000 AP ]:
[list][*] Image Surge [ 1 / 1 ] [ Active ] [ 40 AP ]
A powerful leap attack utilizing Veles' powerful hind leg muscles for added punch. This allows Veles to attack an enemy regardless of formation row for 150% normal damage. If the enemy is unaware of Veles' presence, this attack become a deadly assassination lounge, and its damage is instead maximized and then doubled.[/s][/list]

> Warlord Aspect [ 040 AP ]:
[list][*] Image Warmachine [ Passive ] [ 40 AP ]
Whenever an enemy is overkilled (sent below 0 HP) Veles' Hp is restored by half of that difference, rounded down.[/list]

> Warden Aspect [ 060 AP ]:
[list][*] Image Mentor [ Passive ] [ 60 AP ]
Allies in Veles' party only pay 80% AP for learning combat-related abilities (Veles excluded).[/list]

Stats:
+4 Strength
-1 Dexterity
±0 Agility
+4 Fortitude
+1 Intellect
-3 Willpower

HPMod: +3

Background:
Veles is a mercenary, a sword for hire. He's been that for the past 30 years, and it's all he knows...
Literally. He has no recollection of what was before, of his childhood, or even of his family. He'd never seen anyone like himself before.
Rumors of the Order of the Path have reached his ears and he has set out to find them, in the hope that they can see not only further down "the Path", but could also reveal details of his past.
Updated. I'll take Surge as soon as I level up, I guess.
You forgot to assign me a weapon and armor, btw.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Right. You can have a 1d8 bastard sword, and I'll give you armour once Shade explains this Malus and Cap stuff.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

In D&D, bastard swords are 1d10 while longswords are 1d8 (as bastards are larger).
I'll take a longsword if the high damage is an issue.
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

Basically, the Cap/Mal are meant to be similar to how armor works in D&D. In D&D, your DEX modifier is capped at a certain value that becomes lower the heavier the armor is (this is what the Cap is meant to be), and you get an additional penalty to stealth and dexterity related checks on top of that, represented in this ruleset by the Mal rating (which becomes higher the heavier the armor is).

Here's the list I had planned for my own PnP:
Spoiler: Armor list
[code]Leather cuirass +2 AC | Cap at +8
Studded leather armor +3 AC | Cap at +6 | -1 Mal
Chain shirt +4 AC | Cap at +5 | -2 Mal

Scale mail +4 AC | Cap at +3 | -3 Mal
Chainmail +5 AC | Cap at +2 | -4 Mal
Breastplate +5 AC | Cap at +3 | -3 Mal

Splint mail +6 AC | Cap at +0 | -6 Mal
Banded mail +6 AC | Cap at +1 | -5 Mal
Half-plate +7 AC | Cap at +0 | -6 Mal
Full plate +8 AC | Cap at +1 | -5 Mal

Small shield +1 AC | -1 Mal
Large shield +2 AC | -2 Mal
Tower shield +4 AC | -8 Mal[/code]
Also, because I never got to explain it, I ought to mention that the damage to Fortitude if you get knocked out was to depend on how much negative HP you had after the fatal hit. Up to -25% of your max. HP would have been -1 FOR, -50% would have been -2, -75% would have been -3, -100% would have been -4, and everything beyond that -5.
Of course, if you want to do it that way or if you want to apply a fixed penalty is your decision.

Just in case, here's my weapon list as well:
Spoiler: Weapon list
[code]Dagger 1d4 Dmg | +2 Hit
Shortsword 1d6 Dmg | +1 Hit
Longsword 1d8 Dmg
Bastard sword 1d10 Dmg | -3 Hit when used for dual-wielding.
Two-handed sword 2d6 Dmg | 2h

Lumber axe 1d6 Dmg
Battle axe 1d8 +1 Dmg | -1 Hit
Two-handed battle axe 1d10+2 Dmg | -1 Hit | 2h

Wooden spear 1d6 Dmg | +1 AC | 2h
Iron spear 1d8 Dmg | +1 AC | 2h

Shortbow 1d6 Dmg | 2h
Longbow 1d8 Dmg | 2h
Composite longbow 1d10 Dmg | 2h[/code]

Character coming soon.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Alright, thanks. Well feel free to move the bastard sword to 1d10, and you can take Shade's scale or chain mail, Cime.
Ditto
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)

Post by Ditto »

Mulok, Lvl 0 Orc Pyromancer (Cover) -00-
=============================================
Image 30/30
Image 5/5
Image 0/7
Image 2d4+1, -3 Hit
- Quarterstaff - (1d4 Dmg, 2h, +1 Hit)
Image 03
- Fur Cloak - (01 AC)
- Bone Circlet - (00 AC [cosmetic])
Spoiler: Inventory and Status
Stuff:

Spells (3/6):
- Rain of Flame -
(Current : 7 Dmg, +3 Hit Bonus)
Rains a volley of molten rock upon the target enemies.
[ AP] - Targets all enemies with a rain of fireballs, attacking all foes for [Int] fire damage. Accuracy decreases by -2 per enemy.

- Fireball -
(Current : 7 Dmg)
Mulok creates a basic ball of fire that strikes his target.
[ AP] - Targets a single enemy, attacking for [Intx1.5] fire damage.

- Burden -
(Current : 2 Turns)
Mulok creates a heavy magical force over the target, preventing them from taking action.
[ AP] - Prevents a target from acting for [Wil/2] turns.

Abilities:
- Impact -
(Passive)
Mulok has practiced for many years with powerful offensive spells and has learned how to make them more effective.
[25 AP] - Increases the damage of offensive multi-target spells by 50%.
[20 AP] - Increases the accuracy of offensive multi-target spells by +3.

- Ignite -
(Passive)
Mulok can ignite his foes with magical flame.
[20 AP] - Any offensive fire-based spells ignite the target, dealing 10% of the spells damage a turn for 5 turns.

- Focus -
(Passive)
Mulok can take a moment to focus his power during a battle, allowing him to restore his strength.
[20 AP] - On any turn that Mulok does not use his major action, he regains one spellpoint.

- Volley [2/2] -
(Active)
Mulok exhausts his strength to cast a volley of offensive spells in rapid succession.
[60 AP] - When used, casts [3] selected offensive spells in a row.

- Battlemage -
(Passive)
Mulok is unencumbered by negative penalties of armor when casting spells.
[10 AP] - Mulok is unaffected by negative penalties to spellcasting when using armor.

- Blackheart -
(Passive)
Mulok focuses his power solely on offensive magic and is talented with little else.
[+20 AP] - Mulok cannot use healing or buffing spells.

Stats:
Mettle: +2
Finesse: -5
Agility: -5
Endurance: +4
Intellect: +5
Willpower: +4

Info:
Ability Points: 15
HP Mod: +3

Appearance:
Before you stands a proud-standing, middle-aged orc. Tall and broad shouldered, it's clear that age has diminished his strength from previous years, yet he still stands tall and strong like an old warrior. His clothing is tribal, composed of a belted fur kilt, a heavy fur cloak, and a circlet of strung together bones and teeth which rests upon a bald head. Different from some orcs, the orc has dark, red-brown skin, red eyes, and large, jutting teeth from his jaw. The orc has a short, wide, braided black beard that covers the bottom of his face and a smug smile of superiority. While old, the man does not seem wise, and his thick, slanted eyebrows and narrowed eyes give a feeling of discomfort when passing the man...
I just can't make a glass character, I'm sorry for failing you guys.

Not sure if I'll be able to start playing immediately, but I felt like getting this guy AP-ed and ready to go at least.
Last edited by Ditto on Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Cimeries wrote:
  • Image Surge [ 1 / 1 ] [ Active ] [ 40 AP ]
Ditto wrote: - Surge -
A challenger appears! D:
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

To be fair, I had that name even before I saw your character sheet. :teach:

Shade

Post by Shade »

Yumiko, Lv 0.00 [Front]
HP 18/18
MP ■■
1d3+2 Dmg | +5 Hit | 16 AC
Unarmed [ 1d3 Dmg ]
Unarmored [ 0 AC ]
Items (0/5):
[list][*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...[/list]

Spells (0/3):
[list][*]...
[*]...
[*]...[/list]

Abilities (000/120 AP)
[list][*]Quick Strike [ 2 / 2 ] [ Active ] [ ?? AP ]
As a minor action, Yumiko executes a normal physical attack with a -1 penalty to Hit and Dmg.
[*]Finesse [ Passive ] [ ?? AP ]
Yumiko relies on finesse instead of brute strength to hit her enemies where it really hurts.
Increases damage dealt with physical attacks by DEX/2.

[*]Caution [ Passive ] [ ?? AP ]
Sometimes, it's a good idea to take things slowly to avoid getting hurt.
Whenever Yumiko doesn't use her minor action during combat, she gains a +1/2/3/4 AGI bonus until she next gets a turn.

[*]Soul Drain [ Passive ] [ ?? AP ]
Whenever an enemy is KO'd, Yumiko passively drains some of its magical power and regains one MP.[/list]

Traits
[list][*]Tainted Blood
Yumiko is a demon. This doesn't make her inherently evil, but her physical and mental capabilities are a bit different than a human's.
[list][*]She is nocturnal and can see very well in the dark.
[*]She is a bit stronger than a normal human of her build would be, giving her +5 stat points.
[*]Aside from HP recovery spells, she cannot learn any spells with effects directly beneficial to their target(s). If she attempts to do so anyway, the effects of the spell she learns are reversed - a buff becomes a debuff, for instance.
[*]She has a low tolerance to heat. Heat- and fire-based attacks deal 50% more damage to her.
[*]She has a very low natural recovery rate. The time she needs to recover HP and damaged modifiers via resting is tripled.[/list][/size]

[*]Wings
Yumiko has a pair of large bat-like wings. These wings are fully functional - she can use them to fly if there's enough space.
[list][*]Taking off into the air or landing back on the ground is a minor action. Yumiko cannot fly if there isn't enough room to do so, if her wings are injured or if she wears heavy armor.
[*]While flying, Yumiko cannot be hit by melee attacks and fully ignores formations - she doesn't cover her team's cover row and can attack the enemy cover row in melee without provoking any checks. If she does attack in melee herself, she can be hit by any counter-attacks the target may be capable of using, however.
[*]If Yumiko takes physical damage to her wings while flying, she has to make a FOR check against the amount of damage she took. If she fails the check, she plummets to the ground (possibly taking further damage by the impact) and cannot fly again until her wings have recovered from the injuries.[/list]
However, this also means that she can only wear clothes and armor that have an opening on the back that she can fit her wings through. Cloaks on the other hand are fine.[/size][/list]

Attributes:
±0 Strength
+5 Dexterity
+4 Agility
-1 Fortitude
+2 Intellect
±0 Willpower

HPMod: +1

Appearance:
- Somewhat short, slightly curly black hair
- Crimson red eyes
- 1.71m tall
- Pale skin
- Large black bat-like wings
- Orange shirt with red ruby-like buttons on it and collar in the same red color. The sleeves end in black frills. Has two small holes on the back for the wings.
- Short dark red skirt with a faint star pattern on it
- Wears a black silk pantyhose
- Black shoes
- Looks to be around 17 years old.
The traits are meant to be equally positive and negative as a whole, thus requiring no AP.

I'd like a weapon with a large reach, fitting for aerial combat; a spear or something probably. Also a bow, please.
As for armor, give me something light and casual. Maybe even just a cloak; Yumiko needs a way to hide her wings from curious looks.

As for spells, I'd like:
- Single-target HP recovery
- Multi-target debuff (preferably something that makes the targets deal less damage, miss more often or both)
- Multi-target status ailment (either poison or something that prevents the targets from acting), preferably with some added damage
Last edited by Shade on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

I don't get it, she seems like dead weight

Maybe I'm trying to over-optimize my character.
Last edited by Ditto on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.