Just an idea

Anything not related to Egoboo.

Moderator: Developers

Maxaxle
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Re: Just an idea

Post by Maxaxle »

Cimeries wrote:Nonono, if we start talking trope-speak I'll have to start reading it again and I'm not sure I can dedicate the necessary 25 hours a day to that.
...Or we could just paraphrase the ideas into Tropes for those who are familiar with Tropes.
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

The Pitch generators on TVTropes may be helpful.

On the other hand, maybe we should open up a Dropbox account, share around the username and password, and then we can put all these little resources and bits and pieces in there.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

Agent of Dread wrote:The Pitch generators on TVTropes may be helpful.

On the other hand, maybe we should open up a Dropbox account, share around the username and password, and then we can put all these little resources and bits and pieces in there.
Why aren't you admin, again?
octagon

Post by octagon »

As I already mentioned some times recently, I'm currently watching an ongoing Radiant Historia LP.
As, basically, the premise of that game, the main character switches between two different timelines, with both of them interacting. Stocke (the RH main protagonist) is perfectly okay with this.
I'd like to deconstruct that trope in our game, whatever it will be, as it struck me that switching between two realities with vastly different situations would probably destroy someone's sanity... being friends with someone who became your enemy in the other timeline, or talking to someone who's already dead in the other reality. I doubt a human could actually handle something like this. Either you would go completely insane, or at the very least everything that happens would seem surreal and relative to you.
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

Oh, that depends entirely on how much a person can take. Someone who has taken enough in the past to just not question things as much anymore (or who simply doesn't give a damn) probably wouldn't have any problems with something like that.
Needless to say, I for one can take a lot. You kinda have to be able to take a lot if you want to keep your sanity in this crappy world.
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

...So are we actually going to do this or did Maxaxle get his wish we lose interest? :|
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I'm not sure. I guess enthusiasm kind of died down. :P
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Agent of Dread wrote:I'm not sure. I guess enthusiasm kind of died down. :P
If there'd be Epicivation Cookies, then everyone would get interested again, but because there's nothing like that... :(
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Thought I'd bump this thread, since it was such a great idea to do something. :? Has anyone else's motivation for this grown again? Because mine has, like, a lot... more than ██ █████ █████ ████ █ ███ ████ ███ ████ █████ ████ ██ █████, and that's seriously a lot. I also had a pretty simple (although huge) idea that's a little bit kinda like what was discussed earlier:

Set in a (high?) school, it'd start out with a pretty bland objective, something along the lines of "get a cute girl/guy's phone number", but things would start getting weird, (kinda like what Octagon and Shade mentioned earlier), switching between a bunch of realities and such.

There could, for example, be an old lady who'd need you to find her kitten. In the "normal world", the cat would be hiding in a bush or under a porch, but meeting her later, the kitten could be stuck inside her or have turned into a tree, etc. :mrgreen:

The school would basically stretch "endlessly" up and down, full of little quests, and the teachers would be the bosses that you'd have to fight through to get to whatever the objective would be, but never in the "normal reality", only in the others, obviously, since in the "normal reality", they'd be just teachers, in the others they'd be various kinds of monsters that correspond to the things that the different realities are like.

Some different reality ideas:

-Normal reality (everything's normal, real world-like)
-Paranoid reality (everyone's paranoid)
-Face reality (everything becomes a face)
-Shadow reality (everything's dark and creepy)
-Surreality (like surrealist paintings)
-Unreality (like normal reality, but weird)
-Anti-reality (literal opposite of normal reality)
-Paradox reality (everything is a paradox)
-Gender swap reality (everyone's gender is changed)
-Human-animal swap reality (humans and non-humans change behaviours)
-Zombie reality (post-apocalyptic zombie world)
-Homeschool reality (player is homeschooled)
-Tunnel reality (everything is inside a long tunnel)
-Dirt reality (everything is dirty and messy)
-Depression reality (everyone's depressed and it's in greyscale)
-Light reality (everything's light, happy and smooth)
-Bully reality (player becomes a bully and must fight him/herself as a boss)
-1000 years into future (advanced technology, etc.)
-1000 years into past (middle ages (realistically))
-1000 years into past (middle ages (fantastically))
-1000 years into future zombie reality (overgrown cities with mutant zombies)
-Old lady kitten reality (everyone's an old lady with a missing kitten)

...and then, in the end, it'd be revealed that all the realities are, in fact, the protagonist's internal struggles to get him/herself to ask for that girl/guy's phone number! Or maybe not, since that'd be kinda anti-climactic. But like, something with a lot of reality switching, etc. and weird stuff that might not even make sense, I think that'd be cool? 8) ...if only anything would ever be made, if we all got around to doing something, ugh. Then again, like I said earlier, the only things I could do are like music and some sprite art or something, so me getting motivation doesn't mean anything and is just useless, lol. :(
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

That's...an interesting idea, but I think it would be more Mind Screw than anything else.