Finish the game first!

All general stuff game related to Egoboo gameplay (Characters, tactics, etc.).

Moderator: Developers

Gibbo
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Finish the game first!

Post by Gibbo »

Hey, I love this game and I'm glad your adding more content. But recently all the updates have some bug that doesn't even let me play the game, :x So I just wanted to say maybe you should stop adding new stuff until most of the bugs are fixed.
Then add more cool stuff!
Me and my brothers played this game all the time back when i could get it to work.

Thanks for all the hard work your putting into it though!

:)
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)
Protector (Senior Member)

Re: Finish the game first!

Post by Agent of Dread »

I completely agree with you... I miss the bug-free releases that I'd actually download. :(
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

:agree:
...kinda.
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Maxaxle
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by Maxaxle »

Agent of Dread wrote:I completely agree with you... I miss the bug-free releases that I'd actually download. :(
:agree: 100%. More content =/= better. It wasn't so bad with the 2.4.x releases, but it's near-unplayable for me right now (refuses to save characters after Starters are complete, unexplained lag, and glitches throughout). I've complained before, but no real solutions came out of it.

On a semi-related note, I think I'll grab one of the hard drives that clutter our upstairs closet and put Linux on it. And I'll put the hard drive on my gaming rig (which can actually run Ubuntu, unlike my work comp.).
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

Agent of Dread wrote:I completely agree with you... I miss the bug-free releases that I'd actually download. :(
I miss the releases that actually worked on my computer in the first place.
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

I agree. The only "new feature" that has been added since last release is a new camera and the new inventory system. Most problems are caused by code restructuring rather than new features (restructuring helps us fix specific bugs and improve future development).

We have a new bugtracker that helps us track down and fix all major issues before the next release. Birdsey is doing a good job on working on the code, but I myself haven't got around to do anything useful yet :P (busy life and other projects)