Deliverance PnP - Talk Thread

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Deliverance PnP - Talk Thread

Post by Cimeries »

Story:
Following the Cataclysm, the world was flooded and ruined with vicious storms. The sea level rose and entire civilizations were destroyed and buried underneath the mighty waters. What bastions of land remained became the new centers of civilization, as mankind attempted to rebuild.

A hundred years passed since then, the storms have faded, but relatively little has changed. Mankind is scattered in small islands across a massive sea of dark waters, fighting for territory and resources.

You are an adventurer, a mercenary of some small renown, traveling between states and taking part in armed conflict, among other jobs, to sustain yourself. One day, the ship you were traveling on was ambushed at sea by a group of slavers, and you, along with the rest of the crew and passengers, were taken prisoner.
You are rotting in the hold of the mighty ship The Kraken. Time goes by and your resolve weakens in captivity. How will you escape?

This is a fantasy setting, think standard sword and sorcery meets pirates meets post-apocalypse. Yeah, that's pretty much it. It's relatively low-magic, and spellcasters are treated specially.

This is not steampunk. **** steampunk.

Rules:

Roleplaying
1. Each player may only have one character. Your characters can act independently from each other if you wish to. Please only join if you fully intend to be active (that means, post more than like once every two days).
2. The story requires your character be human, or at the very least human-like. You are free to choose or make up any class concept you like, however.
3. Please try to contribute to the story when playing; this is an RPG, after all. Make your character act logically. Make it interesting. Make it have an own personality, its own reasons to fight and its own story. You are even welcome to have bonds between your characters, like being a brother/sister of someone else (even though no-one ever does that...). You don't need to type up a whole novel each time you post, especially in battles, but just make sure to make your character interesting, so that both you and the other players will be able to like your character (or at least love to hate it).
4. Please write anything your character says in "". I also recommend giving your character a personal talking color; note that you can get any color you desire by specifying a hex value instead of an actual color. #E5B530, for example (the format is #RRGGBB), should give a yellowish/golden color to your text.
5. Since you will be having quite some code in each of your posts, I recommend copying that code by clicking "quote" at your last own post. Just remember to update any changed values and remove the quote-tags afterwards.
6. If you want to say anything out of character in the game thread, use olive as a color please. If all you want to do is to say something out of character, please do it in this thread, not in the game thread.
7. Whenever I post I'll add a status table that indicates the most important stats of your characters, like the current HP of each character and enemy (if there are any). The order of the party members also shows in which order they'll act in battle. The current time of day, the current weather and how much gold you currently have are also shown.
8. When you're done talking and want me to move the game forward, make sure to post a clear action on what you're doing next (having your character say that he thinks about doing XYZ and having him actually do XYZ are two completely different things), or else it's possible that I don't recognize it as an actual action and nothing happens.

Character Stats
9. Every character's main stats are HP (Health Points), XP (Experience Points) and AP (Ability Points). I think most people here should be familiar with what HP and XP do. XP are gained for pretty much everything you do, such as helping other people, disarming a trap, picking a door's lock, defeating a monster, etc. AP, on the other hand, are used to learn new skills and abilities that your character can use.
10. Advancing to the next level always takes 100 XP. After a level up your XP are reset to 0, though any leftover XP will be kept (e. g. reaching 108 XP would leave you with 8 XP after the level up). Gaining a level will grant you 100 additional AP and allow you to distribute 1 points on your main stats.
11. Players may define the abilities they learn themselves, but I decide how many AP they actually cost to learn.
12. You may carry 10 items in your inventory. Smaller object generally stack. You can increase carrying capacity by purchasing better armor or containers such as bags, quivers, scabbards, etc. You start without any items, barring the clothes you wear.

15. Each (player) character has the following stats, called "main stats":
Mettle represents Strength, skill-at-arms, and weapons training. Every positive point of Mettle increases your Attack by 1, whilst every second point increases the damage of your weapon attacks.
Negative points do not give a damage penalty, but each negative point still gives a -1 Atk penalty.

Finesse represent dexterity, timing and preciceness. Every positive point of Finesse increases your Attack by 1, and every other point also raises AC by 1. Finesse increases the effectiveness of special manuevers.

Agility represents speed and reflexes. In combat, every positive point of Agility increases AC by 2. Agility is also commonly used to dodge spells.

Fortitude represents your hardiness, constitution, and resistance to pain and illnesses. Every point of Fortitude adds 2 to your HP.
Fortitude affects your ability to resist tackles, poisons, diseases, and harsh physical conditions in general. Negative Fortitude reduces your HP by 1 per negative point.

Intellect represents learning, mental capacity, reasoning and deduction skills. You can memorize a number of spells equal to your Intellect, and cast as many spells every encounter.

Willpower represents conviction, faith, and sheer inner force. Willpower contributes to the damage of your spells, and helps you resist mental effects, spells of a mind-affecting nature, and torture.

Perception represents how honed your senses are, how likely you are to notice small details that others may miss, how likely you are to detect hidden enemies, traps, secrets, and so forth.

Luck Luck is nothing and everything, it is the fickle and ever working hand of fate and chance. Luck affects most situations at least to some degree. Characters with high luck tend to have things work their way more often, character with negative luck always seem to encounter obstacles wherever they go.

16. Distribute your starting stats wisely. You start out with 500 AP to define your abilities.
Your starting stats can be anything from -5 to +5, but the total of them all added together must not exceed +5. You will gain 100 AP and a single point to spend on one of your main stats every time you level up.

Abilities are bought with AP. They are the equivalent of D&D feats, and Abilities and skills in our old system.
They fall into three categories:

Passive abilities are abilities whose effect is permanent from the moment they are acquired.
Examples:
Weapon Mastery: +1 Attack and Damage when wielding my weapon of choice in combat (one handed sword, polearm, bow, etc).
Stealthy: +2 on stealth checks.
Combat Premonition: I can see small details from the very near future. If I am hit by a sneak attack or an ambush maneuver, I can reroll my check again to see if they actually hit.

Active abilities are abilities that must be activated. The can be fancy attack maneuvers, unique actions, reaction abilities, etc. Active abilities have
a limit of how many times they can be used per encounter. More uses means a steeper AP cost.
Examples:
Rain of Steel [1/1]: Allows me to simultaneously throw as many ranged thrown weapons as my Finesse modifier, in a single action.
Leap Attack [1/1]: Allows me to attack a target even if their formation does not normally permit it.
Defensive Roll [1/1]: Once per encounter, when a hit would normally take me below 0 HP, I reduce the damage in half, remaining with no less than 1 HP.

Sustained abilities are modes that can be turned on and off and offer some kind of bonus in exchange for a malus. You can only turn sustained abilities on/off at the beginning of your own turn, but they are otherwise unlimited.
Examples:
Combat Expertise: Converts my Mettle modifier into a Finesse modifier.
Quickened Spell: Casting a spell is considered a minor action in this mode, but my hastened movements and the tremendous concentration they require make me an easier target, reducing my Agility, Fortitude and Willpower by 2 each.
Daggerdance: Whenever I successfully dodge a melee attack, my AC is increased by 1 for the remainder of this encounter. This bonus is cumulative.
Being hit in melee resets the bonus, deals double damage, and ends this sustained ability prematurely.

! Please note that some ability restrictions have been added to maintain balance. You may not have abilities that behave in the following ways:

A. You cannot pick passive abilities that permanently increase any of the main attributes. (Sustained abilities, or active abilities with a limited duration are fine).

B. You cannot pick passive abilities that raise your HP or increase the number of spells you may cast per-encounter. You may still learn abilities that allow you to memorize extra spells, however.

C. You cannot pick passive abilities that can result in some for of permanent empowering to your character.
You can still take a one such ability if it has a limited duration. You may also take such a sustained ability with a malus of some kind, or an active reaction ability with a limited number of uses, however.

Spellcasting: In order to cast spells, your character needs to learn them, adding them to their spellbook. You can learn spells from scrolls and books you come across in your adventures, and NPCs can teach you spells as well.
The number of spells you can memorize is equal to your Intellect modifier, which is also the number of spells you may cast per-encounter. You can learn abilities to increase the number of spells you can memorize or cast above what your intellect allows, if you wish.
Once your spellbook is full, you will have to forget an existing spell if you'd like to learn a new one.
Unlike in our old PnPs, you cannot define your own spells (balance ahoy).

This effectively makes spell-casting accessible to anyone with a positive intellect score. A warrior can dabble and learn one or two spells to help turn the tide of battle.

You can personalize your spells via abilities, for example:
Cold Ember (Sustained ability): All fire spells that I cast in this mode deal cold damage instead.
Augment Healing (Passive): Healing spells cast by me are 20% more effective.
Extend Spell [1/1]: Doubles the duration of a duration spell that I cast.

Combat
17. In combat, you can perform Maneuvers, attacks aimed at specific spots on your target. You can target the eyes to attempt to blind the enemy, target the legs to slow them down, target a weak spot to deal more damage, etc. There is no penalty for using a maneuver, to encourage creative combat, but the effectiveness of these maneuvers is determined by your Finesse.

18. If a character's HP drop to 0, he/she faints. Unconscious characters can't act anymore until the battle is over, at which point they regain consciousness (but remain at 0 HP, unable to fight). Your characters cannot die in combat unless the whole party is defeated.
19. In combat, you may do one attack (major action) and one minor action or just two minor actions per turn. Anything that is not just talking counts as a minor action (e.g. using an item from your inventory, changing your row, etc.). After having done your actions, wait for my next post, unless all you want to do is to make your character say something.
20. You can choose between two possible positions for battles - front or cover. The front can be attacked by anything, but can also attack with anything itself. Covered characters can only be hit by ranged attacks, certain skills/spells and attacks that hit multiple characters - however, this only applies if there is at least one character standing at the front. If no-one at the front is left, melee attacks will be able to hit covered characters as well, so beware. Also note that if you're attacked from behind, your front and cover will be reversed.
21. If it looks like you're about to lose a battle, you might want to try to escape instead of waiting until you're defeated. Usually, if you try to escape and there aren't any obstacles in your way, you will succeed. However, if you escape, any party members not capable of moving (e. g. because of being unconscious) will be left behind (carrying them would slow you down too much). Usually, this means that they'll be captured. If you're unlucky, it might also mean their death, however.
22. Be creative. There are many ways to defeat your enemies, and not all of them necessarily involve defeating them yourself or even reducing their HP to 0 at all.
23. In a battle, whenever a turn passes in which a player hasn't posted (and the other players haven't chosen what that character should do either), his character will simply attack the first enemy on the list with a simple normal attack if he can hit an enemy from where he's standing.
If you don't want that to happen, simply add a "Script" tag in your charater's profile (in the spoiler) that tells me what your character should do in which situation. This can be as detailed as you want; if you want, you can even make a whole universal strategy to be used when you're absent, and I will make your character act accordingly to it (unless something happens which isn't covered in your script, in which case your character will resort to doing either normal attacks or nothing).
24. If you don't want to wait for the other players to post in a battle (for example if it just drags on and seemingly takes forever), you can just post a bolded End Turn in the game thread. You can then also give orders to the characters that haven't posted yet, if you want to, kind of like in an actual RPG game. Any characters that do not receive orders and have not posted yet at that point will resort to their script. If you ever actually want a character to do nothing, state so.
25. I may automatically end the current turn in a battle if some players haven't posted their actions after around 24 hours.

A quick reference for deriving your secondary statistics:
Starting Hit Points: 10 + 2Fort.
Hit points per level: 1
Dmg: Weapon damage + Mettle/2
Hit: Mettle + Finesse
Armor Class: Armor AC + Finesse/2 + 2Agility
Spell Pool (number of times you may cast a spell per encounter): Int

Señor Example, Lv1 [00] Demonstrator [Front]
14/14 HP
02/02 SP
3-10 Dmg | +3 Hit | +6 AC
Weapon: Example Sword [1-8 Dmg]
Armor: Example suspicious trench coat in the middle of summer [1 AC]
Spoiler:
Inventory...[ 03/10 ]
- Item (Effect)
- Item (Effect)
- Item (Effect)

Spellbook...[ 02/02 ]
- Magic Rocket: Ride it baby!
- Lukewarm Hands: Can be either pleasant or awkward, depending on the context....

Active Abilities[list]Example [3/3]: Provides an example of an active ability your character can learn.[/list]

Sustained Abilities[list]Example: Sometimes provides an example of a sustained ability your character can learn.[/list]

Passive Abilities[list]Example: Always provides an example of a passive ability your character can learn.[/list]

Attributes:
Mettle: +2
Finesse: 0
Agility: +2
Fortitude: +2
Intellect: +2
Willpower: -3
Perception: -2
Luck: +2

Miscellanea:
Ability Points: 500

Highest Damage: 0
Kills: 0

Scripts:
- nil.

Description: Describe your characters appearance and background here.
:wink:
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Re: Deliverance PnP - Talk Thread

Post by Shade »

Kirisa, Lv1 [00] [Front]
HP: 07/07
MP: OOOO
-- Dmg | ±0 Hit | 7 AC
Weapon: ---
Armor: Clothes [ 1 AC ]
Spoiler:
Inventory

Spellbook

Active Abilities[list][*]Magic Eye [ 2 / 2 ]
If she just stares at an individual hard enough, Kirisa actually sees more than first meets the eye. At the cost of her minor action, all combat-relevant stats of the target are revealed.[/list]

Sustained Abilities[list][*]Boundary of Life and Death
This ability can only be activiated if Kirisa's remaining HP are below 25%.
In this trance-like condition, Kirisa's damage output, both physical and magical, is increased by 50%. At the same time, however, any further damage she takes while in this condition is also doubled, almost certainly knocking her out.
[/list]

Passive Abilities[list][*]Magic Shield
If Kirisa gets hit by an attack that would normally knock her out, she instead survives at 1 HP at the cost of 1 MP. This ability will not work if she doesn't have any MP left or already is at 1 HP beforehand. Passive damage, like from poison, will not be blocked, either.
[*]Cute
NPCs - enemy or not - have a tendency to react not as hostilely to Kirisa as they might to other people. Their intentions behind this, however, vary...[/list]

Attributes:
Mettle: ±0
Finesse: +0
Agility: +3
Fortitude: -3
Intellect: +4
Willpower: +1
Perception ±0

Misc.:
Ability Points: 500

Scripts:
- n/a

Appearance:
- Middle-length purple hair with a red barrette
- Heterochromia; red left eye, purple right eye
- Not very tall
- A little pale
- Light blue dress, goes down roughly to the knees
- Wears a glowing crimson bracelet at the right hand
- White socks
- Light blue shoes
- Appears to be fairly young (around 13 or 14 maybe), but acts much more maturely than her appearance would suggest
Yay for a lame amount of base HP.
Due to the low amount of MP in this ruleset, I'll display mine as dots rather than numbers.

As for spells, I'd like the following:
- A wind-based AOE attacking spell with good accuracy
- A wind-based healing spell, preferably healing a fixed percentage of HP (say, 60% or something) to one target or a lower amount to multiple targets (choice made whenever I use the spell)
- A wind-based spell that temporarily increases the agility of one target greatly or gives a smaller bonus to multiple targets (choice made whenever I use the spell)

Some notes about my abilities:
- Cute: I mention the part with the intentions behind it specifically because their intentions for not outright reacting hostile to her might still be negative, possibly leading to traps and other negative results. This is not supposed to be a purely positive ability. It's so dangerous to be cute~

I'll send you a PM with what I had in mind for my character's story.
Last edited by Shade on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ditto
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)

Post by Ditto »

Methinks Clonks haz lots of love for cute lil' magic girl characters.

Either way, I'm making another standard tank/no magic/suicidal/bigass HP pool character. Hopefully a few limited self healing abilities and clonks's healing spells will work fine.
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Image - Karina, Lvl 1 Reaver (Front) -00-
=============================================
Image Image Image Image¤
Image 15/15
Image 0/10
Image 6-9, +10 Hit
- Some bad*** fists - (1d3 Dmg)
Image 05
- Marauder's Garb - (00 AC)
Spoiler: Inventory and Status
Stuff:
-None

Abilities:
- Cleave [2/2]- Image
[Active]
Karina strikes with a wide weapon arc that hits a large amount of enemies in the front row. When used, Karina strikes an enemy and all other
close enemies in the front row (enemies that could be reached with a weapon, I'm letting the GM use his judgment on this one) for weapon
damage. (160 AP)

- Stampede [1/1] - Image
[Active]
Karina rams through the front row of enemies, positioning herself between their back row and front row, allowing her to access all of them by
melee and them able to access her by melee. This also prevents any enemies from switching rows until she moves back or is reduced to 0 HP.
If Karina wishes, she can combine this ability with a use of cleave to shove any of the attacked enemies back into the cover row. (70 AP)

- Endurance - Image
[Passive]
Karina was born partially numb, giving her a higher than normal tolerance for pain. On level ups, Karina's hit die is increased from 1d6 to 1d10. (200 AP)

- Second Wind (Level 2) [1/1]- Image
[Active]
Karina takes a short rest in battle to allow her wounds to heal. When used, Karina is healed for 50% of her health pool. This consumes a minor action. (140 AP)

- Bloodthirst (Level 3)- Image
[Active]
The smell of blood on the battlefield strengthens Karina in combat, leading her to kill her foes more quickly. When Karina has the bloodthirst effect as active, Karina can replace her minor action with another major action. This effect is depleted upon use, and can only stack to one charge of the effect. Normally, this effect is inactive, and resets to inactive upon rest. However, the effect is restored any time an enemy or ally falls in battle. (130 AP)

Stats:
Mettle: +5
Finesse: +5
Agility: +0
Fortitude: +5
Intellect: -5
Willpower: +0
Perception: -5

Info:
Ability Points: 70

Info:

Story and Appearance:
Sometimes, it's said that people are born good, and all of the atrocities that happen to them in their life corrupt them and turn them on the path of evil.
Karina, on the other hand, is the opposite of that belief. Despite the dissappearance of her father before she was even born, Karina was raised in
a noble's household. Surrounded by loving family members and a cleric mother, she was sheltered by her family from any harm they thought the outside
world could do to her, leaving her a pure child unaffected by the cruel world outside.

Yet, even when no impure influences could reach Karina in her small, sheltered world, Karina was never a good person at heart- or at least she never
understood the concept of good and evil. Pain never seemed to affect Karina, and so she found it hard to grasp the impact of pain on others. When
everyone around her taught her that criminals deserved to be punished for their crimes, Karina took the lesson to heart. The very next day, Karina
was found in the garden, gleefully torturing a cat that had been attempting to eat a mouse. Despite all the reprimands Karina received, she never
understood what she was doing wrong, so she never learned from her mistakes. It was then that Karina's family started to lose hope in the young
girl's future.

By the time Karina turned ten, she was finally released from the house. While her family was worried about how the outside world would treat her,
many other nobles who had heard about her and her family were more worried about who she would affect it. Karina would walk the streets and
"defend" it, viciously beating those who made even small infractions on the law or even petty rules. Eventually, it was found that she had tortured
a man to death after he had robbed a bank. No longer able to tolerate Karina's corrupt understanding of the rules, the other nobles, and soon
enough her own family decided she needed to be executed. Her mother, unwilling to let her daughter die, helped her sneak out of the town,
where she sailed out on a raft to a place where, hopefully, she would at least be able to escape a death sentence on her head.

Expelled from her own life and all the people she once loved, Karina has become a bitter, spiteful person, untrusting of others and the law, being
branded evil even when she doesn't fully realize what she is doing wrong. Having heard stories of brave adventurers who went out into the world,
Karina has decided to take up this profession, so that maybe, she could understand the values of heroism and morality that everyone says she
lacked so much, and why people seemed to think it was so wrong that she followed the values they taught her. 7 years have passed since being rafted off from her home, and she is now twenty years old...

Karina is around 6 feet tall, and carries a wide bladed two handed sword. She dons an orange tunic, and wears light fur greaves and
gauntlets that cover her arms and legs. Karina's mouth is shut in a brutal smile, and she rarely opens it wide when she speaks. She has dark skin. She has long, brown hair, covered with a steel headband that falls in
the way of a face ornated with red paint, giving her a very warlike appearance.
Sorry if this character is too strong (or plain OP,) you probably know how to balance gear and stuff better than I do. I have no intention of taking everything, but these abilities all interest me at some point.

Basically, this is a revised version of a former character for Clonks DnD system.

Sorry about weird text format, did this in notepad a while ago.
Last edited by Ditto on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Shade

Post by Shade »

Ditto wrote:Methinks Clonks haz lots of love for cute lil' magic girl characters.
You bet. :mrgreen:
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

What's base unarmed damage?

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Base unarmed damage is 1-3.

Wearing gloves or gauntlets increases that amount.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Shade wrote: Armor: Clothes [ 1 AC ]
Plain clothes offer no AC bonus...
Shade wrote:
  • Magic Eye [ 2 / 2 ]
    If she just stares at an individual hard enough, Kirisa actually sees more than first meets the eye. At the cost of her minor action, all combat-relevant stats of the target are revealed.
100 AP
Shade wrote:
  • Boundary of Life and Death
    In this trance-like condition, Kirisa's damage output, both physical and magical, is increased by 50%. At the same time, however, any further damage she takes while in this condition is also doubled, almost certainly knocking her out.
150 AP
Shade wrote:
  • Magic Shield
    If Kirisa gets hit by an attack that would normally knock her out, she instead survives at 1 HP at the cost of 1 MP. This ability will not work if she doesn't have any MP left or already is at 1 HP beforehand. Passive damage, like from poison, will not be blocked, either.
120 AP
Shade wrote:[*]Cute
NPCs - enemy or not - have a tendency to react not as hostilely to Kirisa as they might to other people. Their intentions behind this, however, vary...[/list]
No AP cost for this, but you better believe I will have some fun with this one. Muahahaha.
Shade wrote:As for spells, I'd like the following:
- A wind-based AOE attacking spell with good accuracy
- A wind-based healing spell, preferably healing a fixed percentage of HP (say, 60% or something) to one target or a lower amount to multiple targets (choice made whenever I use the spell)
- A wind-based spell that temporarily increases the agility of one target greatly or gives a smaller bonus to multiple targets (choice made whenever I use the spell)
Cyclone: Conjured Blades of solidified air spin and strike the entire front row of enemies with 2d4 + WILL x 1.5 wind based damage. Each blade's To-hit is WILL + INT.
White Wind: A restorative breeze recovers 30 + WILL x 5 % of the target's maximum HP.
Alacrity: A bolstering gust of wind increases the Agility of a single creature by 3, or that of every single party memeber by 1.

Ditto wrote:- Bloodthirst -
[Active]
The smell of blood on the battlefield strengthens Karina in combat, leading her to kill her foes more quickly. When Karina has the bloodthirst effect as active, Karina can replace her minor action with another major action, or use her minor action to replenish 5% of her maximum health. This effect is depleted upon use, and can only stack to one charge of the effect. Normally, this effect is inactive, and resets to inactive upon rest. However, the effect is restored any time an enemy or ally falls in battle.
150 AP assuming I understood correctly and it's unavailable to use in a new encounter until someone actually K.Os.
Ditto wrote:- Deep Wounds -
[Passive]
The wounds Karina inflict tend to be fairly strong, and leave the target bleeding even after the weapon is withdrawn. Any time Karina hits an
enemy with a weapon strike, the target will bleed for one tenth of the damage done (at least 1 HP) at the start of each turn until the end of the
battle. If Karina strikes a target already afflicted with this effect, the new effect will stack on top of the old effect.
200 AP
Ditto wrote:- Parry -
[Passive]
Rather than carrying a shield, Karina deflects attacks with her sword. Karina gains additional AC equal to the minimum damage of her weapon.
140 AP
Ditto wrote:- Second Wind [17/17]-
[Sustainable]
Karina slows down in combat to give her a chance to recover from her wounds. When activated, Karina loses her minor action, but she will heal
for up to [Fort] each turn to heal her to full HP. Second Wind will last for up to [Fort x(3+Lvl/2)] total HP, and automatically restores upon resting.
220 AP
Ditto wrote:- Javelin -
[Passive]
Rather than shooting ranged weapons, Karina prefers to throw melee weapons at her enemies to take them down. If Karina chooses to throw a
melee or two handed weapon at an enemy, Karina suffers no penalty to accuracy.[/size]
Obsolete, there is no penalty for using weapons in ways they were not intended to be used. It's big, it's sharp, you're as strong as a bear, I don't see how that could not work out well.
Ditto wrote:- Cleave [3/3]-
[Active]
Karina strikes with a wide weapon arc that hits a large amount of enemies in the front row. When used, Karina strikes an enemy and all other
close enemies in the front row (enemies that could be reached with a weapon, I'm letting the GM use his judgment on this one) for weapon
damage.
80 AP per use. 3 uses equals 240 AP.
Ditto wrote:- Stampede [2/2] -
[Active]
Karina rams through the front row of enemies, positioning herself between their back row and front row, allowing her to access all of them by
melee and them able to access her by melee. This also prevents any enemies from switching rows until she moves back or is reduced to 0 HP.
If Karina wishes, she can combine this ability with a use of cleave to shove any of the attacked enemies back into the cover row.
70 AP per use. 2 uses equals 140 AP.
Ditto wrote:- Endurance -
[Passive]
Karina was born partially numb, giving her a higher than normal tolerance for pain. On level ups, Karina's hit die is increased from 1d6 to 1d8/1d10.
1d8 - 100 AP
1d10 - 200 AP

2d4 - 180 AP < My recommendation instead of 1d10

Basically, +1 to max costs 50 AP, +1 to min costs 80 AP.
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Javelin: >:D

Endurance: I'll take 1d8. Wanted to catch the DnD fighter vibe for HP. (100 AP) (400 AP left)

Cleave [2/2]: (160 AP) (240 AP left)

Stampede [1/1]: Only intended to be used once per battle. (70 AP) (170 AP left)

Parry: I suppose I'll skip it, then. I'm more of an HP tank.

Second Wind: Skipped.

Deep Wounds: Skipped.

Bloodthirst: Taken. :D

I'll edit this stuff in later.

Shade

Post by Shade »

Cimeries wrote:Plain clothes offer no AC bonus...
It was worth a try. :mrgreen:
Cimeries wrote:
Shade wrote:
  • Magic Eye [ 2 / 2 ]
    If she just stares at an individual hard enough, Kirisa actually sees more than first meets the eye. At the cost of her minor action, all combat-relevant stats of the target are revealed.
100 AP
Taken
Cimeries wrote:
Shade wrote:
  • Boundary of Life and Death [ 150 AP ]
150 AP
Taken
Cimeries wrote:
Shade wrote:
  • Magic Shield
120 AP
Taken
Cimeries wrote:
Shade wrote:[*]Cute
No AP cost for this, but you better believe I will have some fun with this one. Muahahaha.
Sure. :?

I also took away a point from mettle and put it on willpower instead.

Kirisa, Lv1 [00] [Cover]
HP: 7/7
MP: ■■■■■
1-3 Dmg | -2 Hit | 6 AC
Weapon: ---
Armor: ---
Spoiler:
Inventory
[list][*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...[/list]

Spellbook
[list][*]Cyclone
[Current: 2d4+3 dmg, +6 Hit]
Conjured Blades of solidified air spin and strike the entire front row of enemies with 2d4 + WILL x 1.5 wind based damage. Each blade's To-hit is WILL + INT.
[*]White Wind
[Current: 40%]
A restorative breeze recovers 30 + WILL x 5 % of the target's maximum HP.
[*]Alacrity
A bolstering gust of wind increases the Agility of a single creature by 3, or that of every single party member by 1.
[*]...[/list]

Active Abilities[list][*]Magic Eye [ 1 / 1 ] [ 50 AP ]
If she just stares at an individual hard enough, Kirisa actually sees more than first meets the eye. At the cost of her minor action, all combat-relevant stats of the target are revealed.[/list]

Sustained Abilities[list][*]Boundary of Life and Death [ 150 AP ]
[/list]

Passive Abilities[list][*]Magic Shield [ 120 AP ]
[*]Sign of the Witch [ 75 AP ]
Kirisa has one more MP than her Intellect score would normally allow.
[*]Cute [ 0 AP ]

Attributes:
Mettle: -1
Finesse: ±0
Agility: +3
Fortitude: -3
Intellect: +4
Willpower: +2
Perception ±0

Misc.:
Ability Points: 105

Scripts:
- n/a

Appearance:
- Middle-length purple hair with a red barrette
- Heterochromia; red left eye, purple right eye
- Not very tall
- A little pale
- Light blue dress, goes down roughly to the knees
- Wears a glowing crimson bracelet at the right hand
- White socks
- Light blue shoes
- Appears to be fairly young (around 13 or 14 maybe), but acts more maturely than her appearance would suggest
130 AP left... Maybe I can get another ability.

(Passive:)
Sign of the Witch [ ? AP ]
Last edited by Shade on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Shade wrote:Sign of the Witch [ ? AP ]
75 AP.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Taken.
I think I'm ready.
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

I'm ready, I guess. Is octy/anyone else going to join in before we start?

For future reference, how much is bloodthirst if I remove the healing aspect?

Also, what about:

- Second Wind -
[Sustainable]
Karina relaxes in battle, giving her a chance to recover from her wounds. After one turn of taking no minor action, Karina can activate this ability, preventing her from using her minor action (major actions used as minor do not count) until deactivated, but restoring 5% of her HP each turn and doubling the effect of healing from items or allies.

Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Also, with the level up system, maybe the points per level should be raised? As it is, one point every level seems like a snails pace, and for optimizers (sort of) like me, I feel limited in not being able to spread my points without losing points in my main stat. Something like two or three points split out into different stats would be a lot nicer to be able to spread my points and still put them into important stuff like mettle and fortitude.

Just an idea, not trying to interfere with your PnP.

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Just buy more with AP if you really feel like you need more.

In general, however, these modifiers are meant to advance in a relatively slow pace, with the focus being on your abilities. I believe it would make combat more exciting and less like a 15 minute equation for me to solve.
Ditto wrote:- Second Wind -
[Sustainable]
Karina relaxes in battle, giving her a chance to recover from her wounds. After one turn of taking no minor action, Karina can activate this ability, preventing her from using her minor action (major actions used as minor do not count) until deactivated, but restoring 5% of her HP each turn and doubling the effect of healing from items or allies.
190 AP