Heeey!

This is the welcome and goodbye section for the community. New members should introduce themselves here, read the rules and get free cookies!

Moderator: Developers

woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Welcome, and have fun or something.
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Arietta
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by Arietta »

This is true - but it does not apply to you. When did you complain? You just politely asked whether there was a tutorial. There is nothing wrong with that, really, so please don't feel bad about it. Everyone needs to start somewhere. I really don't think Maxaxle or anyone else was a pro at the game the very instant they first played it.
Okay... Thanks.
And... I'm sorry Maxaxle, I didn't mean to get offended like that...
Egoboo's coding language is actually fairly easy to learn, but it's somewhat difficult to ensure that everything works as intended.
And please, don't say that! Every bit of help is welcome! Smile
Really?! You mean I'll be able to help you guys if I'm good enough?!
Also, you'll go up ranks by posting more - once you reach 2500, you get your own unique one. Pretty nifty, hey?
2500!? That would take soo long! Hey, it was my birthday the day before yesterday, November 9th. And well, a really cutee icon sounds like a good birthday present! *hint* XD
Welcome, and have fun or something.
^.^
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

There is no such thing as 'good enough', anything you can do helps! ^^
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Maxaxle
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by Maxaxle »

Arietta wrote:
Also, you'll go up ranks by posting more - once you reach 2500, you get your own unique one. Pretty nifty, hey?
2500!? That would take soo long! Hey, it was my birthday the day before yesterday, November 9th. And well, a really cutee icon sounds like a good birthday present! *hint* XD
Don't worry, it only takes about a year or so, assuming you post daily.
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

If you post daily, you would take about 7-8 years.
If you post more than once daily, that's another story.
Arietta
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by Arietta »

If you post daily, you would take about 7-8 years.
And I can't even post once daily...

Hey, I don't know where that's from, but I like your new signature. And your drawings aren't so bad, are you the artist for Eggyboo?

People always tell me to make a deviant art, but my art isn't good so I still haven't made one. I really really want a drawing tablet, those things are awesome. My best friend has one, so I've used her's sometimes, but otherwise I have to always scan images because I don't like drawing with the mouse. But I'll probably never get one... Mommy can't even afford a birthday present, much less a $300 tablet. T_T
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Heh, thanks! I have done (or collaborated) for some of the art in Egoboo, like in the Audio menu, I believe.
I think that people who like art should make dAs, as opposed to people who think they are especially good at art - people there can really help you improve!
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

If anyone feels like doing some Egoboo art then it would be very appreciated! :) We need to replace/improve some of the background images in the module selection menu. Some of the current ones are only half finished or just used as a place holder.
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

Agent of Dread wrote:If you post daily, you would take about 7-8 years.
I fail at specifics. I meant that if you post daily and post in most open topics.

Still, I love the art!
octagon

Post by octagon »

Speaking of art: by the way, did Ayu2Hami disappear? The last thing I heard was that compatibility failure of their tablet. They did rather interesting art...
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

octagon wrote:Speaking of art: by the way, did Ayu2Hami disappear? The last thing I heard was that compatibility failure of their tablet.
I would think that they're having difficulty getting a decent computer (or accessing the forums).
Arietta
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by Arietta »

If anyone feels like doing some Egoboo art then it would be very appreciated! Smile We need to replace/improve some of the background images in the module selection menu. Some of the current ones are only half finished or just used as a place holder.
I'll try to draw something eggyboo style once I get borrow my friend's tablet. Oh and maybe I can also get her to draw something for you guys, she's a really good artist.
Heh, thanks! I have done (or collaborated) for some of the art in Egoboo, like in the Audio menu, I believe.
I think that people who like art should make dAs, as opposed to people who think they are especially good at art - people there can really help you improve!
I do go there to look at other people's art and most of the time it's like: "Wow your art is soo amazing and no matter how hard I try, I'd never be able to draw as good as you, whaaaaaa~" T_T

Thanks for everything you guys, I'll try to post some art soon. ♥
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

If you need an idea, then two words: Rambo. G'nome. And don't hesitate to tell me if you don't like the idea.
Arietta
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by Arietta »

Heey, soo sorry I wasn't able to post for so long. Mommy and I decided to take a break someplace nice and calm over the thanksgiving. I also wasn't able to draw anything, but my friend should be coming over today, with the tablet so I'll try my best. Hopefully you'll like it! ^.^
If you need an idea, then two words: Rambo. G'nome. And don't hesitate to tell me if you don't like the idea.
I was thinking of trying to draw a healer and an adventurer first, but thanks for the idea. ^.^
If anyone feels like doing some Egoboo art then it would be very appreciated! Smile We need to replace/improve some of the background images in the module selection menu. Some of the current ones are only half finished or just used as a place holder.
Isn't Agent of Dread working on some of that? But I'd be happy to give some of that a try if he doesn't mind.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

It's a collaborative effort, I'm not the only one with my art in the game and I certainly don't want to be. :)