Aria of Ruin PnP - Game Thread

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Re: Aria of Ruin PnP - Game Thread

Post by Shade »

Oz, Lv 1.05
HP: 05/16
MP: ★★★★★
SP: 057%
±0 Dmg | -8 Hit | -1 AC | +5 MR | +6 Init
Equipment:
  • Trick Cane (1d4 Dmg | Restores 1 MP on an attack roll of 10.)
  • Padded Vest (1 AC)
Spoiler: Inventory & Status
Items:
[list][*] Rødlev Crest
[*] Hollow's Bone
[*] Hollow's Ashes
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:
[list][*]Cyclone
-> Creates 1d3 + INT/3 Wind blades dealing 1d4 + WIL damage. Blades have INT HIT bonus.
[*]Sonic Clap
-> All enemies must make a VIT check vs the caster's WIL or be stunned for a turn and lose their AC dodge bonus.
[*]Darkmatter Vortex
-> All enemies must make a WIL+VIT check vs the caster's INT. If they succeed they take 1d3 damage. if they fail they will take 1d3 damage per turn for WIL turns.
[*]Light
-> Creates a floating orb of radiance to act as a source of light for the caster. The orb will accompany the caster for several hours before fizzling out, and may be dismissed manually.
[*]Life Sense
-> The caster is able to telepathically sense all living beings within a radius of approximately INT+PER meter.[/list]

Abilities (330/350 AP spent):
[list][*]Quick Spell [ Active ] [ 70 AP / use ] ( 1 use )
-> Allows Oz to cast a spell as a minor action.
[*]Awareness [ Sustained ] [ 60 AP ]
-> Oz can give up his minor action each turn in order to apply his Perception stat as a bonus towards any of his attempts to dodge an attack. Increases Stress by 5 at the end of every turn while active.
[*]Wellspring of Magic [ Passive ] [ 100 AP ]
-> At any time during a battle, Oz can use a minor action to regain a spell point, at the cost of increasing his Stress by 20.
[*]Grace under Pressure [ Passive ] [ 60 AP ]
-> Grants Oz a +1 bonus to all rolls whenever his Stress is 50 or higher.
[*]Maelstrom of Magic [ Passive ] [ 40 AP ]
-> Allows Oz to make a maneuver (spells only) against enemies marked with A Trace by Nica. If successful, A Trace is consumed and the target is stunned for a turn.
[*]Intimidating Confidence [ Active ] [ 35 AP ] [ Not learned ]
-> This is a minor action. If Ginny uses War Banner this turn, Oz follows up with his own unique brand of "encouragement", crushing his enemies' will to fight.
Unless they pass a WIL check against 6+WIL, all enemies suffer 10 Stress and have the damage of their next attack minimized.

[*]A Mind for Magic [ Passive ] [ 50 AP ] [ Not learned ]
-> Oz receives a +5 bonus to any attempts to learn a spell he has seen before.

[*]Disquieting Serenity [ Passive ] [ 70 AP ] [ Not learned ]
-> Whenever Oz is (one of) the target(s) of any action while suffering from an Affliction, the user of that action receives 10 Stress unless they pass a WIL check against 6+WIL (whether they're friend or foe).

[*]Spell Crucible [ Camping ] [ 85 AP ] [ Req.: Ginny's Soul Crucible ] [ Not learned ]
-> Oz can create a combined spell from two of his known spells, that behaves as Ginny's spellbook abilities, with a single use. This spell does not take up space in Oz' spellbook but can only be used once before it is forgotten.

[*]Last Word [ Active ] [ 150 AP / use ] [ Not learned ]
-> Allows Oz to cast a spell using all of his remaining spell points at once. Each spell point beyond the requirement sacrificed this way increases the potency of the resulting spell by 50% (additive).
[/list]

Attributes:
-5 Strength
-3 Dexterity
±0 Agility
+1 Vitality
+5 Intellect
+5 Willpower
+4 Perception
As the last stag finally fell, Oz finally allowed himself a breath of relief. He had managed to protect his pride - but at what cost? The group had managed to win a battle they had no business winning, yet they could doubtlessly count themselves lucky all of them had survived... to varying degrees. Nica and Ginny were both in awful shape.
"I apologize, this one's on me. I don't know what I was thinking. I should count myself lucky you didn't just abandon a fool like me, heh."
Victory, a hollow and meaningless notion... he was disgusted with himself. They should've run when they had the chance. Hell, they shouldn't even have fought these things in the first place. He should have assessed their situation, realized they were outmatched, and left to think of a better plan of action.
"You're absolutely correct, we had no business fighting these creatures. Hell, I knew that, and yet for some reason I just couldn't restrain myself. I have no idea why I got so excited."
Perhaps he hadn't been taking all this seriously. When had he grown so arrogant, so ignorant?
"...I know this won't make up for the trouble, but I'll try to make it worth our while, at least. Maybe I can figure out what these things were, or a better way to deal with them in the future."

Level Up!
Maelstrom of Magic learned.
+1 Agility
+1 Vitality
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Party
  • Image | Nica (AoD) ..__ | 03/09 | IIIIIIIIII014 | Lv 0.91 | [Front] |
  • Image | Ginny (Cime) .. | 02/16 | IIIIIIIIII018 | Lv 0.99 | [Front] |
  • Image | Oz (Shade) ...._ | 05/14 | IIIIIIIIII057 | Lv 1.05 | [Cover] | +1 Ω
Gold: 200
Day 02
Spoiler: Quests
[list][*][!] Icon of Ruin: Discover the origin of the Obelisk in Korsgrad, learn the fate of the villagers and find the source of the fire that razed the city to the ground.
[*]Restless Nights: Investigate the unnatural howls in the forests near Korsgrad.[/list]

You gather yourself and begin making your way back to Korsgrad. This endeavor was a hellish thing, but at least now a good night's rest will be made possible. Hopefully.

Travel, Threshold: 200, Phase: 0.5H
  • Phase 1: 500
    Phase 2: 418
    Phase 3: 547
    Phase 4: 084
As you approach the edge of the forest, some ten minutes walk away from Korsgrad, you hear a strange rustling sound above in one of the trees.
Looking up, you notice a large bird's nest perched on one of the branches of a particularly sturdy tree.

PER check, DC 05:
Nica: 09 + 01 = 10 >>> Success
Ginny: 03 + 00 = 03 >>> Failed
Oz: 04 + 04 = 08 >>> Success

You sense something unusual. There appears to be a faint magical aura surrounding the nest. The kind you would expect a spellcaster to have.

INT check, DC 07:
Nica: 03 + 02 = 05 >>> Failed
Ginny: 03 + 02 = 05 >>> Failed
Oz: 03 + 05 = 08 >>> Success

You can't quite see what lay in the nest that has this aura, but you are able to tell that it draws mana towards it.
Will you climb the tree and look closely?
:wink:
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Nica, Lv 0.91

Health: 03/9 (Red Plague)
Stress: IIIIIIIIII

Spells: ♦♦
Lunge:

+2 Dmg | +2 Hit | +3 AC | +4 MR | +3 Init
Rapier - 1-6 Dmg | Leather Coat - 2 AC
Items:

[list][*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:

[list][*] Arc Bolt
-> Strike a single enemy with a bolt of lightning. The bolt has Int Hit and deals 3d3+Wil damage.
-> On attack rolls of 6 or more, the bolt will chain to a random nearby enemy dealing 2d3+Wil damage on the first chain, and 1d3+Wil any consecutive times after that.
[*] Entropy Bolt
-> Attack an enemy with a strange bolt of chaotic energy. The bolt has Wil+Dex Hit and reduces the victim's AC and Hit by Int.
-> The victim will take 1 Dmg and 5 Stress every turn until they have taken the same amount that their AC and Hit were reduced by.[/list]

Abilities: [ 280/300 AP spent ]

[list][*]Spell Scavenger [ Passive ] [ 180 AP ]
Nica wanders the land, tracing the trails of the many magicks at work upon it, and claiming them.
-> When Nica successfully casts a spell on an enemy, Nica marks them with A Trace, granting her +1 Hit and MR against them for 2 turns.
-> Nica can make a maneuver against marked enemies to consume A Trace and gain 1 Spell Point.
-> When an enemy casts a spell, Nica also marks them with A Trace.
-> A Trace can stack, up to 2 times.
[/list]

[list][*]Finesse [ Passive ] [ 50 AP ]
Nica's deft hands supplant her skill with the blade... the pokey ones, anyway.
-> All rapier-type weapons are considered Treated when wielded by Nica.
-> Treated weapons use Dex for +Dmg.[/list]

[list][*]Lunge [ Active - 1 use ] [ 50 AP ]
Nica's daring nature is unbounded by battle positions... sometimes.
-> Nica may make a melee attack on a Covered enemy.[/list]

[list][*]Restless [ Active - 0 uses ] [ 20 AP + 5 per use ]
Nica has never liked standing still for too long at once.
-> Nica may change battle positions as a free action.
-> This allows her to change positions twice in a turn, if she wishes.[/s][/color][/list]

[list][*]Kleptokinesis [ Sustained ] [ 100 AP ]
Nica's curiosity sometimes turns to greed... sometimes against her best interests.
-> While Kleptokinesis is active, Nica loses 1 HP per turn, and gains 5 Stress.
-> While Kleptokinesis is active, Nica retrieves discharged magicks from the spells she casts, granting her Kinesis for each cast.
-> Kinesis can stack, up to Nica's Spell Point total.
-> A successful melee attack will consume Kinesis and end Kleptokinesis. The damage is increased by 1x per stack consumed.
-> Kinesis stacks are lost if Kleptokinesis is ended manually.[/s][/color][/list]

[list][*]Aristocrat's Quill [ Camping ] [ 100 AP ]
Nica's upbringing has made her more than proficient with written documents, which she applies to spells left behind.
-> With a quill & parchment, Nica may transcribe one of her known spells into written form while camping.
-> She can re-learn spells that she has forgotten if she has their scrolls.[/s][/color][/list]

Attributes:

[list][*]-2 Str
[*]+4 Dex
[*]+1 Agi
[*]-1 Vit
[*]+2 Int
[*]+0 Wil
[*]+1 Per[/list]
So that's Oz's breaking point, hmm? Well, Nica would hope that a near death experience would be anyone's breaking point.
As she listens to his 'coming clean' of sorts, her condition reminds her to bite her tongue; with how impressed she is at his ability and how integral it was in bringing the stags to their knees one after the other, anything Nica might have to say would probably encourage this sort of thing... the same daredevil in herself that lead him to plunge them into this mess.
--
For two hours they were able to hobble back without interruption, but there's something here. A bird's nest exuding the trace... something that Nica doesn't really think should be left alone. But, her hastily wrapped wounds, and the persistent drained feeling that bite in particular is leaving, argue against it.
In all honestly, it's not as likely to be related to the Obelisk, even if it is unusual. But still, though a little bit grimmer and a little bit shakier than usual, Nica says:
"Someone is welcome to have a look, if they think it worthwhile. I don't want to find out what will happen if I slip from up there, and I feel like I could easily slip right now."
Though, Ginny looks still worse for wear, so Nica doubts it will be her if anyone does.

More house cleaning, I realised I had Spell Scavenger listed for 20 AP more than I'd actually taken in components for it. Now if I could just level up...!
Last edited by Agent of Dread on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Shade

Post by Shade »

Oz, Lv 1.05
Equipment:
  • Padded Vest (1 AC)
Items:
[list][*] Rødlev Crest
[*] Hollow's Bone
[*] Hollow's Ashes
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:
[list][*]Cyclone
-> Creates 1d3 + INT/3 Wind blades dealing 1d4 + WIL damage. Blades have INT HIT bonus.
[*]Sonic Clap
-> All enemies must make a VIT check vs the caster's WIL or be stunned for a turn and lose their AC dodge bonus.
[*]Darkmatter Vortex
-> All enemies must make a WIL+VIT check vs the caster's INT. If they succeed they take 1d3 damage. if they fail they will take 1d3 damage per turn for WIL turns.
[*]Light
-> Creates a floating orb of radiance to act as a source of light for the caster. The orb will accompany the caster for several hours before fizzling out, and may be dismissed manually.
[*]Life Sense
-> The caster is able to telepathically sense all living beings within a radius of approximately INT+PER meter.[/list]

-> Oz can give up his minor action each turn in order to apply his Perception stat as a bonus towards any of his attempts to dodge an attack. Increases Stress by 5 at the end of every turn while active.
-> At any time during a battle, Oz can use a minor action to regain a spell point, at the cost of increasing his Stress by 20.
-> Allows Oz to make a maneuver (spells only) against enemies marked with A Trace by Nica. If successful, A Trace is consumed and the target is stunned for a turn.
-> This is a minor action. If Ginny uses War Banner this turn, Oz follows up with his own unique brand of "encouragement", crushing his enemies' will to fight.
Unless they pass a WIL check against 6+WIL, all enemies suffer 10 Stress and have the damage of their next attack minimized.

-> Whenever Oz is (one of) the target(s) of any action while suffering from an Affliction, the user of that action receives 10 Stress unless they pass a WIL check against 6+WIL (whether they're friend or foe).

[*]Spell Crucible [ Camping ] [ 85 AP ] [ Req.: Ginny's Soul Crucible ] [ Not learned ]
-> Oz can create a combined spell from two of his known spells, that behaves as Ginny's spellbook abilities, with a single use. This spell does not take up space in Oz' spellbook but can only be used once before it is forgotten.

-> Allows Oz to cast a spell using all of his remaining spell points at once. Each spell point beyond the requirement sacrificed this way increases the potency of the resulting spell by 50% (additive).
[/list]

Attributes:
-5 Strength
-3 Dexterity
±0 Agility
+1 Vitality
+5 Intellect
+5 Willpower
+4 Perception
Thankfully, the trip back to Korsgrad was fairly uneventful - doubtlessly a blessing considering the group's current condition.
However, as they drew close to the edge of the forest, Oz noticed something up above - some kind of large bird's nest. And it seemed to be drawing mana towards itself. Intriguing - but he had learned his lesson.
"No, not today. Considering the magical aura I'm sensing, it could be another creature we haven't seen before - and in that case it could very well be hostile. We're in no condition to climb this tree, let alone fight another battle."
Oz gave a shrug of his shoulders, and put his usual smirk back on.
"I got carried away before, but I'm not completely insane.
We can check back in a day or two, once we've recovered from the worst of our injuries. I'm pretty sure the nest - and thus its inhabitant - won't be going anywhere."
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Party
  • Image | Nica (AoD) ..__ | 04/10 | IIIIIIIIII014 | Lv 1.11 | [Front] |
  • Image | Ginny (Cime) .. | 03/17 | IIIIIIIIII018 | Lv 1.19 | [Front] |
  • Image | Oz (Shade) ...._ | 05/14 | IIIIIIIIII057 | Lv 1.25 | [Cover] | +1 Ω
Gold: 200
Day 02
[list][*][!] Icon of Ruin: Discover the origin of the Obelisk in Korsgrad, learn the fate of the villagers and find the source of the fire that razed the city to the ground.[/list]
Spoiler: Saved Locations
[list][*]Ancient Shrine: "Sacrifice -Death Ward"
[*]A Strange Nest: Something in the nest draws mana towards it.[/list]

Opting not to risk another encounter in your wounded state, you decide to leave the nest for now, making a note of its location.

You return to the barracks, victorious, but not triumphant. Ginny lays out the spoils on the table for the soldiers to see, and you recount your experience fighting the stags. The guards seem mortified by the knowledge that there are cannibalistic stag beasts lurking in the forests... Their bodies will be better rested, now that the howling will cease, but their minds will not rest any easier with this new knowledge.
  • Restless Nights Quest Complete
    + 20 Exp
    + 17 Gold
    + Healing Flask [+05 HP]
    + Mana Flask [+01 SP]
    + Whetstone x02 [+1 DMG and CT for 1 fight]
    + Bandages x02 [Cancels up to 10 stacked bleeding damage.]
    + Unidentified Scroll ["Clog Ink"]
CT = Critical Threat. +1 to your CT means that you can score critical hits on rolls of 9-10 instead of the standard 10. You must still have a +10 HIT difference for a hit to be registered as a critical hit, however.

Unidentified items - Your characters will try to identify items with INT and PER checks when resting (or when time permits)

Nica Has Advanced to Level 1
+1 MaxHP, +2 Attribute Points, +50 Ability Points
Ginny Has Advanced to Level 1
+1 MaxHP, +2 Attribute Points, +50 Ability Points

WWYDN?:
  • ========================================
    [1] Stay in the Barracks and talk to the soldiers
    [2] Talk to Briggs
    [3] Explore the ruins some more
    [4] Approach the obelisk site again
    [5] Rest until evening
    [6] Image
    ========================================
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Ginny, Lv1 [19] Blue Knight [Front]
03/17 HP // 18/100 [ IIIIIIIIIII]
+1 DMG | +2 HIT | +1 AC | +1 MR | +2 INIT
Longsword [1-8 Dmg] | Old Breastplate Armor [4 AC]
Spoiler: Character Sheet
Inventory...[ 08/10 ]
[list][*] Whetstone x02 [+1 DMG and CT for 1 fight]
[*] Carrion Stag Blood x02
[*] Carrion Stag Horn
[*] Carrion Stag Horn
[*] Carrion Stag Eye
[*] Carrion Stag Claw
[*] Carrion Stag Hoof
[*] Carrion Stag Pelt[/list]

Spellbook...[ 02/03 ]
[list][*]Shatter Guard [02] (Watcher)
This attack strips the target of all magical protection and causes them to take 50% more damage until their turn starts, but otherwise does not damage them.

[*]Warcry [04] (Carrion Stag)
A ferocious battle cry, infused with mana, threatening enemies and bolstering allies.
All enemies gain [STRx4] stress. All allies gain [WILL] HIT until the end of combat. Minor action.

[*][/list]

Abilities [ 0345/0350 AP ]:
[list]
[*] Image Blue Lancer [0/1] [ Active ] [ 55 AP ]
This attack has +5 HIT, can only be used from the cover row, and targets a single enemy in the front row. This attack moves Ginny over to the front row, and deals x2 Maximized damage if it connects. Ginny gains 25 stress if the attack misses. This attack requires a major and a minor action to use.
[*] Image Metamagick [2/2] [ Active ] [ 60 AP ]
Whenever an ally casts an offensive spell, Ginny can consume one use of her B.K abilities to add its effects to the spell that was cast (the efficiency of this effect is circumstantial). This ability is considered a major action.
[*] Image War Banner [0/1] [ Active ] [ 30 AP ]
Reduce stress by 10 for all other party members and maximize the damage of their next attack. This is a major action.
[*] Image Blue Knight [ Passive ] [ 200 AP ]
A Blue Knight learns attacks by defeating enemies. Ginny cannot learn spells, and has no SP. Instead, her spellbook will be filled up with abilities as Ginny's party defeats enemies, based on the enemies themselves. The attacks in a Blue Knight's spellbook have a limited number of uses before they are forgotten. The number of uses gained is random between 1 and INT. Once an ability in the spellbook has run out of uses, it is erased. Ginny can only manually clear entries from the spellbook by meditating at camp, otherwise she must expand attacks to clear entries. Ginny's B.K abilities cannot be taught as spells would be to others, as they are invoked, rather than studied.
[*] Image Spiderwalk [ Passive ] [ 50 AP ] [ Not learned ]
Ginny can traverse vertical surfaces so long that she keeps running. If her surroundings allow it, she can use this ability to attack enemies in cover with a successful maneuver.

[*] Image Mana-Font [ Passive ] [ 55 AP ] [ Not learned ]
Whenever Oz uses Wellspring of Magic, Ginny gains 1 cost-free use of Metamagick as a free action.

[*] Image Weaving Strike [ Passive ] [ 40 AP ] [ Not learned ]
When attacking enemies in melee with B.K abilities, Ginny can attempt a maneuver with +[WIL] MR, that marks enemies with A Trace for Nica to exploit. The DC for the maneuver equals to [Target's HP].

[*] Image Reflection [ Camping ] [ 45 AP ] [ Not learned ]
Ginny can boost the number of uses for one of her B.K abilities by [WIL].

[*] Image Soul Crucible [ Camping ] [ 115 AP ] [ Not learned ]
Ginny can combine up to 2 B.K abilities into a single ability - merging their effects and summing their uses. Ginny can't use this ability to combine a B.K ability that is already the product of such a combination.
[/list]

Attributes:
STR: +2
DEX: +0
AGI: +1
VIT: +0
INT: +3
WIL: +1
PER: +0

Ability Points: 05
Attribute Points: 0

Scripts:
- nil.

Level Up!
Metamagick x02 learned.
+1 Intelligence
+1 Agility

They were finally out of harm's way, for now. The garrison guards didn't seem thrilled with her party's success. They were'nt either, and it probably showed in their demeanor when they arrived, battered and bruised carrying the remains and spoils of these creatures as proof of their conquest, and as a grim reminder of what lurks out there in the dark. The soldiers shared some of their equipment with her group, which she was grateful for. They're going to need every bit they can get if they're going to fight any more of those things.

Ginny takes the Whetstones and adds the gold to her party's supplies. She leaves the rest for Oz and Nica to take. She attempts to identify the scroll, but leaves it even if she is successful.

She remembered her encounter with the Hollow earlier today, and the various speculations that ran through her head. Here, in the presence of the guards may not be the best place to discuss this. They should talk about this later amongst themselves.
In the meantime, Briggs might have a clue about it, it was worth checking if he knew anything, or sighted any Hollows since the event of the appearance. If that hollow was a villager, it occurred to Ginny that Briggs may have spotted one and kept quiet about it for the sake of morale.

"I think we should have a chat with Briggs about this, and about the Hollow we spotted earlier."
Ginny goes to talk with Briggs. If her party members decide to do something else in the meantime, she goes alone.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Nica, Lv 1.11

Health: 05/11 (Red Plague)

Restl.: ♦♦
Lunge:

+2 Dmg | +3 Hit | +4 AC | +5 MR | +4 Init
Items:

[list][*] Bandages x02 [ Cancels up to 10 stacked bleeding damage. ]
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:

[list][*] Arc Bolt
-> Strike a single enemy with a bolt of lightning. The bolt has Int Hit and deals 3d3+Wil damage.
-> On attack rolls of 6 or more, the bolt will chain to a random nearby enemy dealing 2d3+Wil damage on the first chain, and 1d3+Wil any consecutive times after that.
[*] Entropy Bolt
-> Attack an enemy with a strange bolt of chaotic energy. The bolt has Wil+Dex Hit and reduces the victim's AC and Hit by Int.
-> The victim will take 1 Dmg and 5 Stress every turn until they have taken the same amount that their AC and Hit were reduced by.[/list]

Abilities: [ 350/350 AP spent ]

[list][*]Spell Scavenger [ Passive ] [ 220 AP ]
Nica wanders the land, tracing the trails of the many magicks at work upon it, and claiming them.
-> When Nica successfully casts a spell on an enemy, Nica marks them with A Trace, granting her +1 Hit and MR against them for 2 turns. [ 60 AP ]
-> Nica can make a maneuver against marked enemies to consume A Trace and gain 1 Spell Point. [ 120 AP ]
-> A Trace can stack, up to 2 times. [ 40 AP ]
-> When an enemy casts a spell, Nica also marks them with A Trace. [ 80 AP ][/list]

[list][*]Lunge [ Active - 1 use ] [ 50 AP per use ]

[list][*]Restless [ Active - 2 uses ] [ 20 AP + 5 per use ]
-> This allows her to change positions twice in a turn, if she wishes.[/list]

Nica's curiosity sometimes turns to greed... sometimes against her best interests.
-> While Kleptokinesis is active, Nica retrieves discharged magicks from the spells she casts, granting her Kinesis for each cast.
-> A successful melee attack will consume Kinesis and end Kleptokinesis. The damage is increased by 1x per stack consumed.
-> Kinesis stacks are lost if Kleptokinesis is ended manually.[/s][/color][/list]

Nica's upbringing has made her more than proficient with written documents, which she applies to spells left behind.
-> With a quill & parchment, Nica may transcribe one of her known spells into written form while camping.
-> She can re-learn spells that she has forgotten if she has their scrolls.[/s][/color][/list]

Attributes:

[list][*]-1 Str
[*]+4 Dex
[*]+2 Agi
[*]-1 Vit
[*]+2 Int
[*]+0 Wil
[*]+1 Per[/list]
Level Up!
Restless x02 learned.
Spell Scavenger upgraded (Mark Stacking).
+1 Strength
+1 Agility

Remaining quiet and leaving it to Oz and Ginny to detail their battle against the stags, Nica lingers by the soldiers long enough to receive their uneasy thanks. Though not profuse, she understands well why, and allows herself to feel affirmed for her part in the group's efforts. They were in over their heads by a long shot, but the knowledge they gained will be invaluable in what is to come. Her weakened state notwithstanding, she feels as though she's hardening from these experiences.

Nica takes the Bandages. She takes everything else that Oz doesn't. She attempts to identify the scroll if it remains unidentified.

No further preoccupation at hand, Nica means to inquire about the whereabouts of the reinforcements. She'd also like to take a better look at the bite wound on her ankle, especially if there's any sort of medical implements in the barracks. Both of these things are best followed up on by Briggs, so...
Beating Nica to the punch, Ginny suggests the same thing, though evidently for a different reason.
"I'm of the same opinion. Will you come, Oz, or are you itching to start analysing the things' remains?"

Nica goes with Ginny to see Briggs.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Oz, Lv 1.25
Equipment:
  • Padded Vest (1 AC)
Items:
[list][*] Rødlev Crest
[*] Hollow's Bone
[*] Hollow's Ashes
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:
[list][*]Cyclone
[*]Sonic Clap
[*]Darkmatter Vortex
[*]Light
[*]Life Sense

[/list]

Attributes:
-5 Strength
-3 Dexterity
±0 Agility
+1 Vitality
+5 Intellect
+5 Willpower
+4 Perception
"Eh, feel free to do that. In the meantime I'll get started on trying to figure out a thing or two about the creatures we fought. The soldiers have been giving me strange looks for a while now, so I'd better show myself out before they do. Not that I can blame them - they must think I'm insane, heh."

Oz attempts to identify the scroll if neither Ginny nor Nica succeed, but leaves it - as well as the other supplies - for Nica to take. He has no need for the mana flask, and it wouldn't feel right for him to take the health flask when he's already used all of the ones Ginny brought.
Instead, he takes the Carrion remains from Ginny.

"...oh, but Nica, are you sure you should be wasting your time on Briggs? That wound on your ankle looks serious. You really ought to get that looked at, lest you no longer have an ankle to get looked at."
With that, he left to find himself a quiet room to conduct his experiments in.

Oz experiments with the creatures' remains. If time allows, he also takes another look at the crest.

Don't forget to update the status table, by the way! I've already distributed my attribute points. :o
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Party
  • Image | Nica (AoD) ..__ | 05/11 | IIIIIIIIII014 | Lv 1.11 | [Front] |
  • Image | Ginny (Cime) .. | 03/17 | IIIIIIIIII018 | Lv 1.20 | [Front] |
  • Image | Oz (Shade) ...._ | 05/16 | IIIIIIIIII057 | Lv 1.30 | [Cover] | +1 Ω
Gold: 217
Day 02
[list][*][!] Icon of Ruin: Discover the origin of the Obelisk in Korsgrad, learn the fate of the villagers and find the source of the fire that razed the city to the ground.[/list]

Unidentified Scroll ["Clog Ink"]
INT check, DC 05:
Ginny: 08 + 03 = 11 >>> Success!

Scroll of Locking identified:
This spell manipulates locks and similar mechanisms to close and lock them as one would with a matching key.

Ginny: +1 Exp

@Ginny, Nica
Spoiler:
When you walk into Brigg's room, he is surprised at just how much of a mess the two of you are.
"Don't tell me... You've fought another hellish thing."
If Oz were to say something like that, it would have sounded snarky. Coming from Briggs, however, all you hear in his voice is despair.

You tell him of the events of the day so far, of the lone Hollow, and of the stags you've fought. He has a hard time to believe your story about cannibalistic stag monsters.
You pull Briggs out of the room and together find where Oz has secluded himself with the components, and show Briggs their horns, pelts and claws.
He stares at them for a few longs seconds before uttering: "I was right not to let my men search for these things. Let's go back and talk."

Some speculations get thrown around regarding the origin of these things. Briggs says the forests here are rife with deer, and considering everything you're told him, suspects that the obelisk is changing creatures into other... things... somehow. It would explain where the Hollows and the Carrion Stags come from, but none of you have any clue as to the nature of the Watchers, so that theory may not be correct, or at least, it's not all of it.

Briggs denies Ginny's implications that he'd ever seen a Hollow before, despite being in Korsgrad after the fire the earliest of anyone.
"The only things I've seen are the mangled remains you keep carrying back here. I've had my men on high alert all night and day and we haven't seen so much as a stray crow yet. These things have only begun appearing after the fire, so I think the Obelisk should be our priority right now. It's obviously the origin of these troubles."

Nica inquires about the reinforcements.
"No word from them yet, but it's only the afternoon now. I suspect that if they don't arrive by nighttime, they'll send a messenger ahead with news."

Briggs takes a long look at Nica's wound.
"That's the Red Plague alright. Wild animals around the forest are known to carry this disease, and if you ever ate an uncooked animal from the forest, you were susceptible to getting it. We don't have anything that can cure it immediately, but I have some medicine that can help."
He looks around in one of the cabinets and hands you a small flask with tar-black fluid sealed tightly with a cork. It looks like some kind of home-made mixture.
"That's all I have left. Hopefully the reinforcements from capitol will have something better to treat that."

[list]+ Medicine [+05 Stress, +05 for the next Disease check at camp][/list]

WWYDN?:
[list]========================================
[1] Talk to the soldiers
[2] Talk to Briggs about something else
[3] Explore the ruins some more
[4] Approach the obelisk site again
[5] Rest
[6] See what Oz is up to
[7] Image
========================================[/list]

@Oz
Spoiler:
You have a lot of work ahead of you. This will probably take the remainder of the day, but new information on these things will be worth it.

Hollow's Bone
INT check, DC 08:
Oz: 07 + 05 = 12 >>> Success!
Hollow's Bone was used up during study.

New information is available for: "Hollow - Dark Brand". Check your Compendium for details.
You think there may be more that you can learn by studying another sample.

Briggs and the girls walk into the room for a brief moment. You don't pay them much attention, as you are focused on your work, but you see Ginny gesturing towards the stag pelts and horns laying on the table. Briggs says something and the three of them leave.

Hollow's Ashes
INT check, DC 09:
Oz: 02 + 05 = 07 >>> Failed...
Hollow's Ashes was used up during study.

Carrion Stag Blood
INT check, DC 07:
Oz: 01 + 05 = 06 >>> Failed...
Carrion Stag Blood was used up during study.

Carrion Stag Blood
INT check, DC 07:
Oz: 02 + 05 = 07 >>> Reroll...
Oz: 10 + 05 = 15 >>> Success!
Carrion Stag Blood was used up during study.

New information is available for: "Carrion Stag - Stress". Check your Compendium for details.

Carrion Stag Horn
INT check, DC 09:
Oz: 03 + 05 = 08 >>> Failed...
Carrion Stag Horn was used up during study.

Carrion Stag Horn
INT check, DC 09:
Oz: 08 + 05 = 13 >>> Success!
Carrion Stag Horn was used up during study.

New information is available for: "Carrion Stag - Ram Attack". Check your Compendium for details.

Carrion Stag Eye
INT check, DC 10:
Oz: 05 + 05 = 10 >>> Reroll...
Oz: 02 + 05 = 07 >>> Failed...
Carrion Stag Eye was used up during study.

Carrion Stag Claw
INT check, DC 07:
Oz: 09 + 05 = 14 >>> Success!
Carrion Stag Claw was used up during study.

DEX check, DC 05:
Oz: 03 - 03 = 00 >>> Failed.

You learned how to make "Keratin Knife". Check your Compendium for details.

Carrion Stag Hoof
INT check, DC 09:
Oz: 10 + 05 = 15 >>> Success!
Carrion Stag Hoof was used up during study.

New information is available for: "Carrion Stag - Kick Attack". Check your Compendium for details.

Carrion Stag Pelt
INT check, DC 10:
Oz: 02 + 05 = 07 >>> Failed.
Carrion Stag Pelt was used up during study.

Having finished running through the samples, you decide to take another poke at the crest you've found yesterday.

Rødlev Crest
INT check, DC 13:
Oz: 06 + 05 = 11 >>> Failed.

But you discover nothing new in particular about it.

Oz: +5 Exp

Your turn is currently frozen since Oz' time is a couple of hours ahead of Ginny and Nica.
  • Loot
    + Healing Flask [+05 HP]
    + Mana Flask [+01 SP]
    + Scroll of Locking ["This spell manipulates locks and similar mechanisms to close and lock them as one would with a matching key."]
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Nica, Lv 1.11

Lunge:

Items:

[*] Healing Flask [ +05 HP ]
[*] Mana Flask [ +01 SP ]
[*] Scroll of Locking [ "This spell manipulates locks and similar mechanisms to close and lock them as one would with a matching key." ]
[*] Medicine [ +05 Stress, +05 for the next Disease check at camp ]
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:

[list][*] Arc Bolt
[*] Entropy Bolt

-> When Nica successfully casts a spell on an enemy, Nica marks them with A Trace, granting her +1 Hit and MR against them for 2 turns. [ 60 AP ]
-> Nica can make a maneuver against marked enemies to consume A Trace and gain 1 Spell Point. [ 120 AP ]
-> When an enemy casts a spell, Nica also marks them with A Trace. [ 80 AP ][/list]

Attributes:

[list][*]-1 Str
[*]+4 Dex
[*]+2 Agi
[*]-1 Vit
[*]+2 Int
[*]+0 Wil
[*]+1 Per[/list]
Nica gratefully accepts the medicine from Briggs, though she can't help but wrinkle her nose at the thought of what the mixture would smell like, let alone taste like. Still, anything rather than feeling like she does right now...
The fact that this until now unknown beast was carrying a disease that's fairly well documented certainly lends some credence to that the stags mutated from the natural wildlife... although Nica wouldn't be surprised if it picked it up from one of its meals.

She turns to Ginny, now that they are without a task again.
"What now? Considering he was in his own world even while we were disturbing him, I don't think Oz will be making conversation for another hour or two..."
"I'm going to go find some water to clean this wound as much as I can... then I'll ask the soldiers if there's been any development around the Obelisk, unless you have other plans?"
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Ginny, Lv01 [20] Blue Knight [Front]
Inventory...[ 01/10 ]
[list][*] Whetstone x02 [+1 DMG and CT for 1 fight][/list]

Spellbook...[ 02/03 ]
This attack strips the target of all magical protection and causes them to take 50% more damage until their turn starts, but otherwise does not damage them.

A ferocious battle cry, infused with mana, threatening enemies and bolstering allies.
All enemies gain [STRx4] stress. All allies gain [WILL] HIT until the end of combat. Minor action.

[*][/list]

[list]
This attack has +5 HIT, can only be used from the cover row, and targets a single enemy in the front row. This attack moves Ginny over to the front row, and deals x2 Maximized damage if it connects. Ginny gains 25 stress if the attack misses. This attack requires a major and a minor action to use.
Whenever an ally casts an offensive spell, Ginny can consume one use of her B.K abilities to add its effects to the spell that was cast (the efficiency of this effect is circumstantial). This ability is considered a major action.
Reduce stress by 10 for all other party members and maximize the damage of their next attack. This is a major action.
A Blue Knight learns attacks by defeating enemies. Ginny cannot learn spells, and has no SP. Instead, her spellbook will be filled up with abilities as Ginny's party defeats enemies, based on the enemies themselves. The attacks in a Blue Knight's spellbook have a limited number of uses before they are forgotten. The number of uses gained is random between 1 and INT. Once an ability in the spellbook has run out of uses, it is erased. Ginny can only manually clear entries from the spellbook by meditating at camp, otherwise she must expand attacks to clear entries. Ginny's B.K abilities cannot be taught as spells would be to others, as they are invoked, rather than studied.
Ginny can traverse vertical surfaces so long that she keeps running. If her surroundings allow it, she can use this ability to attack enemies in cover with a successful maneuver.

Whenever Oz uses Wellspring of Magic, Ginny gains 1 cost-free use of Metamagick as a free action.

[*] Image Weaving Strike [ Passive ] [ 40 AP ] [ Not learned ]
When attacking enemies in melee with B.K abilities, Ginny can attempt a maneuver with +[WIL] MR, that marks enemies with A Trace for Nica to exploit. The DC for the maneuver equals to [Target's HP].

Ginny can combine up to 2 B.K abilities into a single ability - merging their effects and summing their uses. Ginny can't use this ability to combine a B.K ability that is already the product of such a combination.
[/list]

Attributes:

Scripts:
- nil.
"I think since there is some time left until the sun begins to set, I'm going out of the barracks to search the ruins. for a bit. I'll run back to safety if I come across anything I can't deal with."

The garrison has probably combed the area already, but it occurred to Ginny that even if they did a stellar job, they might still miss anything that was magical in nature.
Ginny searches the village ruins some more for anything unusual.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Nica, Lv 1.11

Lunge:

Items:

[*] Scroll of Locking [ "This spell manipulates locks and similar mechanisms to close and lock them as one would with a matching key." ]
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:

[list][*] Arc Bolt
[*] Entropy Bolt

Attributes:

[list][*]-1 Str
[*]+4 Dex
[*]+2 Agi
[*]-1 Vit
[*]+2 Int
[*]+0 Wil
[*]+1 Per[/list]
"Alright." Then, as an afterthought, "Be safe."

Nica goes to clean and dress her wound as best she can, then talks to the soldiers, in particular asking if there were any developments of note at the Obelisk.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Party
  • Image | Nica (AoD) ..__ | 05/11 | IIIIIIIIII014 | Lv 1.11 | [Front] |
  • Image | Ginny (Cime) .. | 03/17 | IIIIIIIIII018 | Lv 1.20 | [Front] |
  • Image | Oz (Shade) ...._ | 05/16 | IIIIIIIIII057 | Lv 1.30 | [Cover] | +1 Ω
Gold: 217
Day 02

@Nica
Spoiler:
You find some water in the barracks and some clean bed sheets to bandage the wound. You do your best to sanitize and treat it.

Nica: +01 on the next disease check

After you finish treating your wound to the best of your ability, you wander around the barracks some more and strike up conversation with the guards.

The guards confirm Briggs' claim - despite standing watch in the direction of the obelisk in rotations since last night, no one has spotted anything unusual yet. One of them says that if you weren't bringing in gruesome body parts from the wild, they would have a hard time believing there's anything out there. In fact, some of them still do.

You learn that none of them have approached the obelisk itself yet.

@Ginny
Spoiler:
Exploration, DC: 950, Phase: 0.5H
[list]Phase 1: 998[/list]
You find a small, rectangular, durable metal container in one of the ruined houses. Opening the container from the top reveals that it contains what looks like a deck of cards. You attempt to draw one, but find that you can't.

+ Deck of Cards [???]

INT check, DC 07:
Ginny: 09 + 03 = 12 >>> Success!

The deck's container is marked with some runes that you recognize. This is a tarot deck. You open the top again to count them - 22 cards. This is a deck of Major Arcana, and it's radiating with magical energy... you try pulling a card out again, but you are still physically unable to do it.

+ Tarot Deck [22][???]

Exploration, DC: 950, Phase: 0.5H
[list]Phase 2: 218
Phase 3: 473
Phase 4: 014[/list]
You search several more houses, but find nothing of particular interest. It's starting to get dark, so you decide to return.

@All:
The three of you meet up again at the barracks and share what you've learned. The sun is setting and night will soon fall. There is still no sign of the reinforcements.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Nica, Lv 1.11

Lunge:

Items:

[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:

[list][*] Arc Bolt
[*] Entropy Bolt

Attributes:

[list][*]-1 Str
[*]+4 Dex
[*]+2 Agi
[*]-1 Vit
[*]+2 Int
[*]+0 Wil
[*]+1 Per[/list]
Having concluded their respective ventures, the three of them were gathered yet again to share all of the new information. Oz's research confirmed, among other things, what Ginny's efforts hinted at: that relieving carrion stags of their horns crippled their combat ability, which would be invaluable if they or the soldiers ever had to face another. Ginny had found another strange trinket among the ruins as she wandered and, though Nica could have guessed as much from what she herself learned, found no trouble.
Though wary of placing weight on her wounded ankle, Nica still paced awkwardly back and forth as she ruminated.
"I would really have liked to have a conversation with whoever was bringing the reinforcements... not to mention, someone who'd actually approached the Obelisk. It's clear that we three are still the only ones who've seen it up close, so we can't say for sure that there aren't more creatures like the one from yesterday lurking below. So far the soldiers have just been wasted effort on Capitol's behalf."
She stops and sighs, deeper than she had meant to. Must be how worn out she is...
"It feels too eager to start picking new fights in this shape, but should news from Capitol not turn things on their head, I want to visit the Obelisk once more... to see if there are still other things in there... waiting for victims."
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Ginny, Lv01 [20] Blue Knight [Front]
Inventory...[ 02/10 ]
[list][*] Whetstone x02 [+1 DMG and CT for 1 fight]
[*] Tarot Deck [22][/list]

Spellbook...[ 02/03 ]

[*][/list]

[list]

[*] Image Weaving Strike [ Passive ] [ 65 AP ] [ Not learned ]
When attacking enemies in melee with B.K abilities, Ginny can attempt a maneuver to weave magical energy into her target. If the enemy is unmarked, they gain A Trace for Nica to exploit. If the enemy already carries A Trace, the maneuver causes the attack to deal x1.5 damage.

[/list]

Attributes:

Scripts:
- nil.
Oz's research has yielded some new knowledge about these things. Good. If they ever had to fight them again, they would be better prepared. The man had a thirst for knowledge that Ginny admired, but she had reservations about how it manifested itself.

Nica talked about what their next task should be. Ginny pondered Nica's words.
"I don't know what else could be done other than investigating the obelisk again. I've thought of attempting to destroy it, but we don't have the equipment or the means to do something like that. Nor do we know enough to be sure it's the right thing to do."

Ginny leaned on a wall, and looked down at the ground with her arms crossed.
"Our mission statement is to investigate, at any rate. Until further news from capitol, that's all we're supposed to be doing."

Her eyes meet Oz'.
"Which we are doing, to some success. But we can't keep pulling ourselves into fights like that. That's not what we're here for. We should have ran away from that encounter with the stags, or, who knows, if we tried tailing those things and following them, maybe we would have learned more than what we did hacking them apart... and getting hacked ourselves."

She stared off at the floor again.
"I know we can fight. That's definite, no doubt about it. But that's not what we're here for. I could go back to witch-hunting on Capitol's behalf if fighting was all I was about."