Aria of Ruin PnP - Talk Thread

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Re: Aria of Ruin PnP - Talk Thread

Post by Cimeries »

Weaving Strike: When attacking enemies in melee with B.K abilities, Ginny can attempt a maneuver with +[WIL] MR, that marks enemies with A Trace for Nica to exploit. The DC for the maneuver equals to [Target's HP].

I'm thinking of 40 AP for this one. Thoughts?
:wink:
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

I was originally going to say the DC condition feels extraneous, but it does make quite a nice use case for low HP enemies that can be finished off for a quick Spellpoint this way. That paired with the other constrictions makes 40 AP seem quite fair to me.

Also, not that I've come up against the limit or anything, but will levelling up have increased the cap for AP cost of a single ability?
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Agent of Dread wrote: Also, not that I've come up against the limit or anything, but will levelling up have increased the cap for AP cost of a single ability?
No. You will have to discover how to increase the limit during gameplay.
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

So am I interpreting the stags' Ram Attack correctly in that they can basically always use it unless both they and their target are at their respective front rows (which, to my understanding, is the only setup that only has a single row in-between)?
Or is the distance Front - Front considered 0? (Which would mean they could only use it if both they and their target are in cover.)
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

There needs to be a row of combatants between the stag's row and his target's, or, in some cases, a large enough distance will suffice, this can lead to situations like these:

If a lone stag is some distance away from you, spotted you, and is just starting the engagement, he can still ram your Front row directly.

If the Stag is in a Flanking position facing your Cover row, while the rest of his mates are facing your Front, the flanking stag can ram your Front row.

Front to Front is considered a distance of 1.
Standard Cover to Cover is 3 and thus too far for a ram attack to reach.
Shade

Post by Shade »

I see.
Cimeries wrote:Standard Cover to Cover is 3 and thus too far for a ram attack to reach.
Oh? The description of the attack says "at least 2", so I interpreted it as "2 or more". That does seem more workable.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Huh, that's weird. My design doc doesn't mention the "at least" bit, but the Compendium does.
I have a note for this saying "(Enemy Front to PC Cover, or Enemy Cover to PC Front)." so I know my original intention for this one.

Edit: Reworking Weaving Strike:

Weaving Strike: When attacking enemies in melee with B.K abilities, Ginny can attempt a maneuver to weave magical energy into her target. If the enemy is unmarked, they gain A Trace for Nica to exploit. If the enemy already carries A Trace, the attack deals x1.5 damage.

65 AP.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I assume the Disease check means Nica's chance to overcome it while she rests?
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Correct.
Shade

Post by Shade »

I'll wait for Nica or Ginny to start the conversation.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I'm working today, so I won't be posting until much later.

Also, Cime, I hope you didn't just give yourself a Deck of Many Things. :P
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Apparently, not. And I'm not sure Ginny can use it.

How can I be unsure of something I made up? I have my methods. ;)
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Some new toys for Nica... the latter is an addition to Spell Scavenger, if it wasn't clear. Prices for Script as a passive or as with limited uses, and if possible without the Hit bonus as well for comparison.
  • Swordswoman's Script [ Passive / Active - ?? uses ] [ ?? AP ]
    Nica's manual dexterity and keen mind allow her to illustrate the New Script with more than just her hands.
    -> Nica may expend two Spellpoints to cast a spell and make a melee attack simultaneously. The spell must target the attack's target.
    -> Both attacks have +5 Hit.
    -> If the spell hits, the attack gains the Hit benefit of A Trace, and restores a Spellpoint if it also hits.
  • Spell Scavenger [ Passive ] [ ?? AP ]
    [ ... ]
    -> If an enemy dies while it has A Trace, Nica may make a minor action on her next turn to regain a Spellpoint.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Agent of Dread wrote:Some new toys for Nica... the latter is an addition to Spell Scavenger, if it wasn't clear. Prices for Script as a passive or as with limited uses, and if possible without the Hit bonus as well for comparison.
  • Swordswoman's Script [ Passive / Active - ?? uses ] [ ?? AP ]
    Nica's manual dexterity and keen mind allow her to illustrate the New Script with more than just her hands.
    -> Nica may expend two Spellpoints to cast a spell and make a melee attack simultaneously. The spell must target the attack's target.
    -> Both attacks have +5 Hit.
    -> If the spell hits, the attack gains the Hit benefit of A Trace, and restores a Spellpoint if it also hits.
Passive without HIT bonus: 200 AP, assuming a successful melee attack in the third component consumes the trace.
Passive +5 Hit: 250 AP.

As an active ability will all components: 70 AP per use.
As an active ability without the HIT bonus: 50 AP per use.
Agent of Dread wrote:
  • Spell Scavenger [ Passive ] [ ?? AP ]
    [ ... ]
    -> If an enemy dies while it has A Trace, Nica may make a minor action on her next turn to regain a Spellpoint.
50 AP for this component.

AP'ing Swordswoman's Script gave me a headache.

Edit:
Now I can't figure out if the sarcastic remark Ginny finished with earlier didn't register or if Shade played Oz's character as if he missed it.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Cimeries wrote:Now I can't figure out if the sarcastic remark Ginny finished with earlier didn't register or if Shade played Oz's character as if he missed it.
I genuinely missed it, but that's fine. Oz breathes sarcasm, but he's... not particularly good with people, so it's actually not too surprising it might not even occur to him that other people can do the same. :P