Aria of Ruin PnP - Talk Thread

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Re: Aria of Ruin PnP - Talk Thread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I figured that it could well be that they'd been on the same operation once or twice in the past; I imagine Nica would take such an opportunity to strike up conversation, since she has an interest in what happens to be his specialty. What Oz would make of such a thing I'll leave to you, but on the other hand I expect there'll be plenty of time to make something of it in the game proper, so no sweat either way.

Also, the illustration used for Ginna is really awesome, is it from something or an original?
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

It's just a random picture I found. I have a collection of artwork that I use for character and story ideas, leftovers from my previous PnPs.

The original pic had a falcon sitting on the woman's shoulder, but I photoshopped it cast an invisibilty spell on it. You can see the traces if you look carefully.
:wink:
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

Agent of Dread wrote:I figured that it could well be that they'd been on the same operation once or twice in the past; I imagine Nica would take such an opportunity to strike up conversation, since she has an interest in what happens to be his specialty. What Oz would make of such a thing I'll leave to you, but on the other hand I expect there'll be plenty of time to make something of it in the game proper, so no sweat either way.
Sure, that works.
Oz likes discussing magic, so if Nica displays the same kind of interest in it he does (and can deal with him being a handful sometimes), I imagine they could well be... maybe "friends" is too strong a word for that kind of acquaintance, but they could definitely be on good terms.

I'm ready to roll, by the way!
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Yeah, I gotcha, that's along the lines of what I was thinking too.

I'm also good to go whenever, of course. :)
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

This should be interesting. Hope I'm not too rusty for this.

The first post will act as a link library for chapter heads / major plot points / lore, exposition, etc, so check it out later if you want to read up on anything in particular.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Cimeries wrote:Hope I'm not too rusty for this.
That's my line. It took me over an hour until I was remotely happy with a post consisting of four lines. :P

While I'm at it, I'm leaving Oz' character sheet in my first post for easy reference, but I won't add it in future posts (mostly because spoilers withhin spoilers don't work and I don't want it to take up so much space).

Also, you can assume Oz is in Cover position by default. I just don't see the point in adding it to my header considering it's info that barely ever changes.

...I also just realized I accidently picked the same color for Oz' name and dialogue as I did for my unlearned abilities. Should I change it to his eye color (topaz) to avoid confusion or do you guys think it doesn't matter?
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I guess this is a good time to mention that I made some stuff up for the purpose of Nica's "pitch", but feel free to change some of the specifications of her birth status/family/the structure of the nobility to better fit with your plans or anything like that.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

...I also just realized I accidently picked the same color for Oz' name and dialogue as I did for my unlearned abilities. Should I change it to his eye color (topaz) to avoid confusion or do you guys think it doesn't matter?
Meh, I don't think it's that confusing. It's not like you do any talking in your character sheet or skill descriptions IC.

Agent of Dread wrote:I guess this is a good time to mention that I made some stuff up for the purpose of Nica's "pitch", but feel free to change some of the specifications of her birth status/family/the structure of the nobility to better fit with your plans or anything like that.
The best thing you could do is PM me that stuff so I can work it out in a way that changes the least amount of details.
If I write anything that contradicts something you've established for your character, you should mention it so we can see how it can be changed to fit with the story and with the character itself.

As a GM I make the lore and story for the most part, but I want to give you all the agency I can within that story, especially when it comes to your own characters.

Oh, and note that you shouldn't treat my PC's internal dialogue as "cannon". I will sometimes contradict between the stuff Ginny thinks and what is actually going on.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

That works well enough. Nothing is a problem or contradiction so far, but I just wanted to be sure I wasn't stepping on your toes or anything if you had some ideas in that area pre-established.

I might send you some stuff regarding potential ideas/directions I'm thinking about for Nica that obviously won't go in a bio or necessarily come to the forefront in her narration too if it seems relevant.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

That moment when you skim your own ability list so fast that you misread "War Banner" as "War Boner".

Oddly appropriate.
Shade

Post by Shade »

I'm no longer happy with my post consisting of four lines. I'm way rustier than I thought.
I really need to step up my game to match your level of quality.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Chillax Shade, I'm happy with your writing. Don't forget I have a lot more confidence and knowledge in the details I'm writing about, and AoD is a native English speaker, so making a comparison between us isn't fair (or warranted either way).
Shade

Post by Shade »

I know I can do better, though. =/
With that said, I added a few paragraphs to my post and I'm much more satisfied with it now. I felt bad being the only one not to have any thoughts on the situation outside of Oz' dialogue. :P
Shade

Post by Shade »

You're using a d10 for these rolls, right?
If so, wow, a DC13 check right at the beginning of the game. That's pretty harsh. :o
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I assumed it was a d20 and that we just have dreadful luck.

Although either way, I also figured it was the kind of thing that we weren't necessarily meant to succeed at. Just there to make us antsy. :P