Aria of Ruin PnP - Talk Thread

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Re: Aria of Ruin PnP - Talk Thread

Post by Shade »

Cimeries wrote:
Shade wrote:Another question: what can we expect in terms of Stress recovery, especially without Camping skills that reduce Stress?
Entirely circumstantial. A night around a campfire with no food, luxuries or camping abilities will recover about 5 stress, assuming you aren't ambushed. Better conditions will grant more stress recovery, worse conditions will lower it and may even result in stress increasing.
You will be able to buy food and drink to increase stress recovery during camp, and you'll have other ways to reduce it available if balance requires it.
I see. I guess I'll need to make learning a Camping ability to manage my stress with a priority, then. Having to camp 4 times to offset a single use of Wellspring of Magic definitely is never going to work out, especially since that doesn't even account for unavoidable Stress like from approaching the obelisk.
Cimeries wrote:For example, one thing that should be noted: PCs will never act on their own, regardless of their affliction. I should have probably clarified this earlier.
Passively inflicting stress on others probably isn't going to happen either.
That's good to know, thanks.

...although thinking about it, a simple Camping skill would be lame. Let's make Stress relief for Oz a bit more interesting!

For Science [ Passive ] [ ?? AP ]
-> To Oz, gaining new knowledge is strangely invigorating.
Oz receives a +2 bonus to any checks involving experimentation.
Furthermore, for each piece of knowledge gained by means of experimentation, Oz recovers 25 Stress. If Oz gains new knowledge when he is already at 0 Stress, he instead receives a buff that reduces all incoming Stress by 25% for one day per piece.

...although just in case this ends up being too expensive:

Calm Mind [ Camping ] [ ?? AP ]
-> Recovers 25 Stress.
If the party is ambushed while Oz is using this ability, the Stress recovery is negated, but he instead receives a +50% bonus to damage dealt for the duration of the battle. He doesn't take kindly to being disturbed when pondering to himself.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

@AoD - Briggs isn't sitting in a tent, rather the garrison is using a large shack that has been built hastily to act as their barracks.

AP tiem

Shade wrote:Disquieting Serenity [ Passive ] [ ?? AP ]
-> Oz retains full control of himself even when suffering from an Affliction.
Additionally, whenever Oz is (one of) the target(s) of any action while suffering from an Affliction, the user of that action receives 10 Stress unless they pass a WIL check against 6+WIL (whether they're friend or foe).
70 AP
Agent of Dread wrote:
  • Red Lancer [ Passive ] [ ?? AP ]
    ???
    -> If Nica is in Cover when Ginny performs Blue Lancer, Nica can expend a use of Lunge to perform an identical attack on the same target [ using her own major & minor action / as a free action ].
    -> She is also susceptible to the Stress penalty, but they will only suffer it if they both miss.
As major+minor - 55 AP
As major - 70 AP
As minor - 90 AP
As free action - 110 AP
Shade wrote:Intimidating Confidence [ Active ] [ ?? AP ]
-> This is a minor action. If Ginny uses War Banner this turn, Oz follows up with his own unique brand of "encouragement", crushing his enemies' will to fight.
Unless they pass a WIL check against 6+WIL, all enemies suffer 10 Stress and have the damage of their next attack minimized.
35 AP
Shade wrote:Maelstrom of Magic [ Passive ] [ ?? AP ]
-> Allows Oz to make a maneuver (spells only) against enemies marked with A Trace by Nica. If successful, A Trace is consumed and the target is stunned for a turn.
40 AP
Spell Crucible [ Camping ] [ ?? AP ]
-> Oz can create a combined spell from two of his known spells, that behaves as Ginny's spellbook abilities, with a single use. This spell does not take up space in Oz' spellbook but can only be used once before it is forgotten.
85 AP
Ginny must learn the Soul Crucible ability for Oz to take this.

Some abilities for Ginny:
Tactician - Increases Ginny's DMG and HIT with Martial Weapons by [INT/2].
80 AP
Spiderwalk: Ginny can traverse vertical surfaces so long that she keeps running. If her surroundings allow it, she can use this ability to attack enemies in cover with a successful maneuver.
50 AP
Shining Force [Passive] - Ginny can eliminate a spellbook ability to reduce the stress of a single party member by 5x[Uses], and increase the stress of all enemy party members by the same amount. This is a minor action.
50 AP.
Shock Trooper - Ginny gains +6 INIT for the first round of combat, and her party members gain +2 INIT for the first round of combat.
During this time, every positive point of difference between her or her ally's initiative to their target's initiative, increases DMG and HIT.
100 AP
:wink:
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Ah, right. I made a tiny fix. :P

I love Shock Trooper's name, and I feel like Tactician is a little too cheap relative to Finesse only because it supplements the default stat scaling rather than replacing it.
And I think Red Lancer will be following hot on the heels of Kleptokinesis as Nica levels up...
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Shade

Post by Shade »

Cimeries wrote:
Shade wrote:Disquieting Serenity [ Passive ] [ ?? AP ]
-> Oz retains full control of himself even when suffering from an Affliction.
Additionally, whenever Oz is (one of) the target(s) of any action while suffering from an Affliction, the user of that action receives 10 Stress unless they pass a WIL check against 6+WIL (whether they're friend or foe).
70 AP
Ouch, that's still a pretty steep price...
Flavor be damned, I should probably just drop the idea.

Everything else is great, I'll take it. Maelstrom of Magic for 40 in particular is definitely a keeper.
Cimeries wrote:
Shock Trooper - Ginny gains +6 INIT for the first round of combat, and her party members gain +2 INIT for the first round of combat.
During this time, every positive point of difference between her or her ally's initiative to their target's initiative, increases DMG and HIT.
100 AP
That one sounds amazing. I was planning to raise my AGI anyway, but this is all the more reason to. :P
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Agent of Dread wrote:I feel like Tactician is a little too cheap relative to Finesse only because it supplements the default stat scaling rather than replacing it.
Noted. I'm not entirely happy with it anyway so I'll see if I can come up with something else.

I updated the compendium a bit with some more Lore and will continue to update it as we go along, for now with all of the information that your characters already know, but later it will also contain anything new you've learned during the game.
Info about monsters and crafting will also appear there, among some other things that I've planned for later, maybe.

There's also a memorial page. Let's try to keep that one empty. :)
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Topical. :P
  • Tolerance [ Passive ] [ ?? AP ]
    Nica's appreciation of Oz' off-beat nature sometimes leads her to cover for him even when he is going a bit too far...
    -> Nica can halve any Stress Oz inflicts on himself by inflicting the remainder upon her instead.
    -> Nica receives [ 100% / 75% / 50% ] of the value she relieves Oz of as Stress.
Also, Cime, PM'd you some stuff.
Last edited by Agent of Dread on Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Aw, how sweet of you. :P

While I'm at it: I haven't been feeling very well lately (the symptoms are pointing towards anemia), but I'll try to post later today.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Took long enough, and I still haven't gotten down her vest & overcoat/"combat" clothes, but I got a pretty good representation of what I envision Nica as. :)

Also adding this to her bio/stuff in the game thread.
Spoiler: (Tall Image)
I might like to tackle Oz and Ginny in the future if that's fine by you guys.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Neat. You've gotten even better at drawing, huh? That actually looks professional!
Agent of Dread wrote:I might like to tackle Oz and Ginny in the future if that's fine by you guys.
Sure, as far as I'm concerned: go for it! I wasn't very inspired when it comes to Oz' design, but if you'd like to draw him anyway, I'm not stopping you. ^^
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Yeah, you've definitely gotten better and less noodle-y, that looks really good.

I'd actually really like it if you did one of each of our PCs eventually. ^^
Agent of Dread wrote:
  • Tolerance [ Passive ] [ ?? AP ]
    Nica's appreciation of Oz' off-beat nature sometimes leads her to cover for him even when he is going a bit too far...
    -> Nica can halve any Stress Oz inflicts on himself by inflicting the remainder upon her instead.
    -> Nica receives [ 100% / 75% / 50% ] of the value she relieves Oz of as Stress.
50 / 75 / 115 AP respectively.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Cimeries wrote:and less noodle-y,
Now this is victory. :cool:
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Sorry I made you post first, Cime. I assumed it would be better not to post first again this "turn", since I was both first and last prior.
If you want to keep pace and Shade's still not able to be around, can you have Oz cast Life Sense and continue from there?
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

I guess if he doesn't post today we can do that tomorrow.
I wanted to wait for the two of you since I didn't know if you wanted to ignore it and keep searching.
Shade

Post by Shade »

I'm here, I'm here! I just wasn't sure how to react to the light.
I'll post later. Give me a couple more hours.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Huh. Looks like we found a Touchstone. :V
I don't like the "Sacrifice" part, though. I vote we leave it alone. :o