Dream Eater PnP - Game Thread

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Re: Dream Eater PnP - Game Thread

Post by octagon »

Surlak, Lv0 [53] Extortionist [Cover]
12/15 HP
Spellpoints:
+1 DMG | +2 HIT | +2 AC
Weapon: Engraved Dagger [2-5 Dmg]
Armor: Auburn Cloak [1 AC, +1 to magic resistance checks], Wooden Shield [2 AC, REQ 2 STR], Leather Helm [1 AC], Leather Vambraces [1 AC]
Spoiler:
Inventory...[ 08/10 ]
- 3x Stinging Salve (restores 20 HP over 2 turns, but stuns for 1 turn)
- Travel Rations [4/5]
- Morning Dew (restores 1-5 spell points)
- Antidote (removes up to 20 stacked poison damage)
- 2x Rope Net

Spellbook...[ 02/02 ][list]
- Void Collapse - Creates a nucleus of extreme gravity for a split second, ripping apart anyone standing too close for 1-8+WILx3 DMG. Particularly massive opponents resist some of the damage of this spell, while particularly small targets receive greater harm.
- Ripline - A thick chain of arcane matter grabs an enemy and attempts to drag them towards the caster, dealing 1-6+WILL damage. If the target fails a VIT check against the caster's INT, they are pulled forward: Targets in the cover row are dragged to the front, and targets in the front row fall down, losing their dodge +AC and becoming vulnerable to attacks until they can get up.
[/list]Active Abilities[list]
- Corner [1/1]: Surlak isolates an enemy, reducing their AC by 2 and preventing them from being affected by their allies' support abilities for 2 turns. This is a minor action. (70 AP)
- Hostage [1/1]: Upon hitting a cornered enemy with a spell, Surlak can choose to make the spell nonlethal and stun them if they'd otherwise die, threatening to finish them off. The threat works much better if another cast of the spell could actually kill the target. (25 AP)
(If the spell doesn't actually connect, no skill use is consumed.)
[*]Mend [1/1] [curr: 2 turns]: Surlak ignores her wounds for just a moment, regaining up to 7 HP that are lost again after [INT] rounds. The expiration can't reduce health below 1. Overhealing during the effect will prevent the health loss. (70 AP)[/list]
Sustained Abilities[list]
- Deterrence: Whenever an enemy dies, one random other enemy without a strong personal interest in the current battle may flee or surrender unless they pass a will test. Looking intimidating takes up a minor action every turn. (35 AP)
[/list]
Passive Abilities[list]
- Adaptible [curr: 2 AC, 1 dmg]: When running out of spell points, Surlak's WIL drops to zero and the points are distributed equally among AC and weapon damage (odd numbers increase AC first) for the remainder of the battle. (165 AP)
[*]Conduit: Surlak can fuse additional energy into damaging spells, doing 50% less bonus damage for each spell point spent this way, min. 1 (if an example spell would do 8 damage, 4 conduit points would add 4+2+1+1). Overkill damage from the conduit bonus will affect another random hostile target. (50 AP)[/list]

Attributes:
STR: +2
DEX: -3
AGI: +2
VIT: -1
INT: +2
WIL: +3

Ability Points: 5

Scripts:
- target whoever seems the most important/could be killed this turn. preferrably target casters.
- Dangerous back row targets that likely to survive a Void Collapse should be pulled to the front.
- corner the target, then spam Void Collapse on them, attack them when out of spell points. take them hostage unless the enemies make a vaguely ruthless impression

Description:

Surlak is wiry, fairly tall and around 30, with light brown skin. She usually wears a red-brown coat, the only mark of her former community. Her posture is upright and tense, with shoulders forward. Her face is framed by wavy, almost black hair and shows some battle scars with the biggest one running from her chin to her neck. Her eyes are grey, downturned, and restless.

Surlak's origin are the Servants of the Wing, a sect notable for their belief that their religious duties, ranging from banal to extremely intricate and rarely sacrificial, are necessary for the continuity of the world. She was raised to be a guardian - a caste of magic-wielding combat-trained inspectors tasked with monitoring the world, who generally end up living among uninvolved townspeople to exert covert influence and monitor irregular activity, but are also often tasked with missions to secure ritual grounds or eliminate threats against the global leylines' stability.
She had always been driven by pervasive thoughts that she was bound to meet a terrible end, and eventually she abandoned her duties to travel the world freely, because she found it hard to bear the responsibility, as well as out of an impulse to face her apparent doom head-on and general curiosity. This was not considered a great offense, as the Servants' positions aren't bound to specific persons, but when she departed it did strain her relationship with her (literal and spiritual) family considerably.
Determined to either steel herself so she could overcome her nightmares or just get her tormentous future over with, she took on various unpleasant and dangerous jobs, mostly as a bounty hunter or bodyguard, and made a habit of openly antagonizing people she disliked.
She's generally friendly and jovial, while blunt, but disappointments and apprehension can quickly turn her cynical and withdrawn. She generally approaches people with good will, but tends to stay wary of them. When she comes to genuinely trust someone, these transform into fears of losing them due to strokes of fate or her own potential failures.
She frets constantly over tiny mistakes, but as the circumstances of her life always forced her to act spontaneously, she tends to shut down these doubts altogether and has a hard time filtering out genuinely bad ideas due to it.
Surlak can switch abruptly between extreme caution and plunging into danger head-on, as her behaviour is greatly influenced by her obsessive worries about death and loss. In overwhelming situations where immediate reality starts to resemble the scenarios she's constantly dreading, she acts vicious and rash, and in extreme cases reality just loses its meaning to her.
Surlak prefers subduing her opponents with intimidation over fighting to the death, as she feels like letting killing be part of her life brings her closer to the myriad of calamities she fears, and the very prospect of losing someone cause her great distress.
She perceives everything she appreciates in life as volatile, and greater contentment is always soured by an increase in feelings of impending disaster.
"That's an interesting material - I hope your project fulfils your expectations. We'll deliver it safely.
Even disregarding that, who can say no to that money? Let's do this."

The pay could imply that more's at stake, though, so Surlak visits the inn to ask Svenn if he wants to rejoin them and get his share - it's worth a shot, as this task is closer to what he was hired for.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Natalia, Lv0 [00] B. Knight [Front]
23/23 HP

+2 DMG | +6 HIT | +4 AC
Weapon: Bastard sword [6-10 DMG, TH]
Armor: Black Leather Armor [3 AC]
Cloak: Natalia's Cape
Hands: Reinforced Gauntlets (+2 Unarmed Dmg)
Spoiler:
Inventory...[ 04/10 ]
[list]Leather Gauntlets (+1 Unarmed Dmg)
Traveling Ration [4/5]
Rope
Torch

Active Abilities[list]Roughhouse [0/0]: Natalia attacks with her free hand, with a +1 to Hit. If Natalia has Flow, Roughhouse stuns the target for 1 turn if it connects.
Roundhouse [2/2]: Natalia kicks a target, dealing unarmed damage and reducing the target's AC by 3 for 1 turn if it connects. If Natalia has Flow, the target is also knocked back to cover. [30 AP]
Momentum Swing [1/1]: Natalia swings her weapon in a broad cleave, hitting a random second target (if any are eligible) alongside the first for standard damage. If Natalia has Flow, the primary target takes 150% damage. [70 AP] [/list]

Passive Abilities[list]Flow of the Fight: Whenever Natalia hits with an ability, she gains the status effect "Flow" during her next turn. Flow passively grants +1 Hit. Normal attacks do not grant Flow, but will maintain it. [200 AP] [/list][/list]

Attributes:
STR: +4
DEX: +2
AGI: +3
VIT: +3
INT: -5
WIL: -2

Ability Points: 0

Scripts:
- nil.

:cookie:
Description: Natalia is a twenty-something girl of slightly above average height and full, but somewhat toned, build, sporting long crimson hair and a lightly freckled complexion. She stands proud, but not arrogant, wearing her strength on display but without anxiousness to prove it. She wears a decorative red half-cape, a reminder of a story from another time, whenever practical.
Image:
Natalia tries to hide a grimace at the sorry state of these lilies, or whatever they are. No wonder Usttass is concerned about things going sour. She'll have to compose herself and make a strong impression -- not something she is unaccustomed to, but trying to intimidate people has never been the objective before.

When things inevitably do go pear-shaped, Natalia steps forward, flicking her cape behind her so it doesn't obscure or obstruct her, and slowly, deliberately, unsheathes her sword, resting her hands on the pommel in front of her.
"I suggest you take what you're given and follow the agreement, or take nothing at all. My client and I would both hate it if I had to make a mess of you because you lost your composure."
Threat that emphasises the less violent option, good...
"The choice is yours."
I've never liked trying to prove myself through words and not action, Natalia thinks to herself.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

Erinelca, Lvl 0.53 Ranger [Cover]
15/18 HP
+1 DMG | +5 HIT | +5 AC
Weapon: Marksman's Bow (2-8 DMG, +4 HIT)
Secondary Weapon: Dagger (1-4 DMG, +1 HIT)
Armor [4 AC]: Leather Armor (3 AC), Leather Helm (1 AC)
Spoiler:
Other Equipment: Thigh Holster
Inventory [ 05/10 ]
- 15 Broadhead Arrows (+3 DMG, +3 HIT)
- 65 Arrows
- Lockpicks [3/5]
- Traveling Ration [3/5]
- Healing Flask (10 HP)

Active Abilities
[list]Power Shot [2/2]: Does triple damage. [ 200 AP ][/list]

Sustained Abilities
[list]Concentration: Half +AC is converted to Hit. [ 25 AP ][/list]

Passive Abilities
[list]Fletch: Creates 1d10 + 2*DEX regular arrows whenever Erinelca rests. [ 65 AP ][/list]

Attributes:
DEX: +3
AGI: +4
VIT: +1
INT: -2
WIL: -3

Ability Points: 10

Scripts:
- nil

Description: Pretty average build and height, plain clothing.

Erinelca was raised in a forest. When he was young his parents disappeared and left him a bow and some arrows. To survive he had to hunt and learn how to make arrows. Then the forest was set ablaze, causing Erinelca to want to become stronger to protect forests.
"Sounds good to me."
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Party
Image | Natalia (AoD) .._| B. Knight .._| 23/23 | Lv 00 | [Front] |

Image | Erinelca (PF5) ...| Ranger ____| 15/18 | Lv 00 | [Cover] |
Image | Surlak (Octy) ..._| Extortionist | 12/15 | Lv 00 | [Cover] |
Delivering Tosold's package - Traveling is slower

Gold: 60
Spoiler: Quests
[list][*][!] The Tome in Question: Retrieve the Book of Battle from the ruins north of Lethmond.
Reward: ???
[*][J] Withering Trust: Protect Usttas' life during the transaction with his aggressive client.
Reward: 120 Gold
[*][J] Wandering Steel: Deliver Blacksmith Tosold's package of metals and minerals to Hector's smithy in Wakefield.
Reward: 250 Gold[/list]
Spoiler: Reserve
[list]Image | Svenn (NPC) ...._| Sellsword ._| 18/22 | Lv 02 | [Cover] | Hydegrim - Duke's Cup[/list]
@Natalia:

Intimidation check Vs Dakim:
06 + 03 + 02 = 11
vs
06 - 02 = 04
Success!

1d20 + Avg of STR & VIT + Roleplay Bonus (1-3)
vs
1d20 + WILL

The two thugs accompanying Dakim take a panicked step back when you show your sword, but all three are still clutching their weapons. Dakim studies you carefully for several moments, before sheathing his sword back. His two accomplices see this and do the same.

"Fine. Whatever scar this wench with her fu**ing thing might give me isn't worth the effort. The deal is off. I hope for your sake I don't ever meet you again, Usttas."
And with that, he kicks the box with the lilies angrily, causing the petals to swirl around the alley violently. The three thugs leave the scene, and with them, their gold.

Conflict Resolved
10 exp - Victory
05 exp - Intimidation
05 exp - Peaceful Resolution

Total: 20 exp

You sheathe your weapon and turn back to Usttas.
"That went poorly, but at least you managed to keep him off my back...So... thank you." He says.
"I don't know how to pay you, though, I don't have the sum we agreed on, all I have to give you is this..."
He offers you 17 gold coins.
"I guess you can take the lilies yourself if you want, I don't think anyone will buy them now. If only I had a fresh batch, I could make so much money..."

@Suralk, Erinelca:
You accept Tosold's offer and take the heavy package off his hands. He implores that you don't stray off the road during the delivery and bids you safe travels.
You return to the Duke's Cup and discuss the job with Svenn, who sits at the bar, drinking and tinkering with his crossbow, much to the bartender's dismay.
When you tell him the details, he looks reluctant at first, until you mention the reward.
"Huh. Well, in that case, I'll tag along. I think 50 gold for me is a fair share and worth a couple of days travel. I thought of visiting Wakefield before too, just never had a good reason until now."
He finishes his drink.
"Where's your friend, Natalia? Is she coming with us as well?"
:wink:
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Natalia, Lv0 [20] B. Knight [Front]
23/23 HP

+2 DMG | +6 HIT | +4 AC
Spoiler:
Inventory...[ 04/10 ]
Traveling Ration [4/5]
Rope
Torch

Active Abilities[list]Roughhouse [0/0]: Natalia attacks with her free hand, with a +1 to Hit. If Natalia has Flow, Roughhouse stuns the target for 1 turn if it connects.
Roundhouse [2/2]: Natalia kicks a target, dealing unarmed damage and reducing the target's AC by 3 for 1 turn if it connects. If Natalia has Flow, the target is also knocked back to cover. [30 AP]
Momentum Swing [1/1]: Natalia swings her weapon in a broad cleave, hitting a random second target (if any are eligible) alongside the first for standard damage. If Natalia has Flow, the primary target takes 150% damage. [70 AP] [/list]

Passive Abilities[list]Flow of the Fight: Whenever Natalia hits with an ability, she gains the status effect "Flow" during her next turn. Flow passively grants +1 Hit. Normal attacks do not grant Flow, but will maintain it. [200 AP] [/list][/list]

Attributes:

Scripts:
- nil.

Description: Natalia is a twenty-something girl of slightly above average height and full, but somewhat toned, build, sporting long crimson hair and a lightly freckled complexion. She stands proud, but not arrogant, wearing her strength on display but without anxiousness to prove it. She wears a decorative red half-cape, a reminder of a story from another time, whenever practical.
Image:
Natalia lets out a breath she had been holding a little too long. As affirming as it is to earn such a visceral respect, she can't help but feel a little sour.

"Don't worry about it, I didn't actually do much as it is. I'm just glad no blood had to be shed over such dealings."

Although the smell is somewhat repugnant, she accepts the offer of the flower box, thinking they may as well not be wasted if there's a chance they could come in handy.
After bidding the small man farewall, she makes her way back to the Duke's Cup, and greets the others.

"Hello again. What's news with the smith?"
octagon

Post by octagon »

12/15 HP
Spellpoints:
+1 DMG | +2 HIT | +2 AC
Armor: Auburn Cloak [1 AC, +1 to magic resistance checks], Wooden Shield [2 AC, REQ 2 STR], Leather Helm [1 AC], Leather Vambraces [1 AC]
Spoiler:
Inventory...[ 08/10 ]
- Travel Rations [4/5]
- 2x Rope Net

- Void Collapse - Creates a nucleus of extreme gravity for a split second, ripping apart anyone standing too close for 1-8+WILx3 DMG. Particularly massive opponents resist some of the damage of this spell, while particularly small targets receive greater harm.
- Ripline - A thick chain of arcane matter grabs an enemy and attempts to drag them towards the caster, dealing 1-6+WILL damage. If the target fails a VIT check against the caster's INT, they are pulled forward: Targets in the cover row are dragged to the front, and targets in the front row fall down, losing their dodge +AC and becoming vulnerable to attacks until they can get up.
- Corner [1/1]: Surlak isolates an enemy, reducing their AC by 2 and preventing them from being affected by their allies' support abilities for 2 turns. This is a minor action. (70 AP)
- Hostage [1/1]: Upon hitting a cornered enemy with a spell, Surlak can choose to make the spell nonlethal and stun them if they'd otherwise die, threatening to finish them off. The threat works much better if another cast of the spell could actually kill the target. (25 AP)
[*]Mend [1/1] [curr: 2 turns]: Surlak ignores her wounds for just a moment, regaining up to 7 HP that are lost again after [INT] rounds. The expiration can't reduce health below 1. Overhealing during the effect will prevent the health loss. (70 AP)[/list]
- Deterrence: Whenever an enemy dies, one random other enemy without a strong personal interest in the current battle may flee or surrender unless they pass a will test. Looking intimidating takes up a minor action every turn. (35 AP)
[/list]
Passive Abilities[list]
- Adaptible [curr: 2 AC, 1 dmg]: When running out of spell points, Surlak's WIL drops to zero and the points are distributed equally among AC and weapon damage (odd numbers increase AC first) for the remainder of the battle. (165 AP)
[*]Conduit: Surlak can fuse additional energy into damaging spells, doing 50% less bonus damage for each spell point spent this way, min. 1 (if an example spell would do 8 damage, 4 conduit points would add 4+2+1+1). Overkill damage from the conduit bonus will affect another random hostile target. (50 AP)[/list]

Attributes:

Scripts:
- target whoever seems the most important/could be killed this turn. preferrably target casters.
- Dangerous back row targets that likely to survive a Void Collapse should be pulled to the front.
- corner the target, then spam Void Collapse on them, attack them when out of spell points. take them hostage unless the enemies make a vaguely ruthless impression

Description:

Surlak is wiry, fairly tall and around 30, with light brown skin. She usually wears a red-brown coat, the only mark of her former community. Her posture is upright and tense, with shoulders forward. Her face is framed by wavy, almost black hair and shows some battle scars with the biggest one running from her chin to her neck. Her eyes are grey, downturned, and restless.

Surlak's origin are the Servants of the Wing, a sect notable for their belief that their religious duties, ranging from banal to extremely intricate and rarely sacrificial, are necessary for the continuity of the world. She was raised to be a guardian - a caste of magic-wielding combat-trained inspectors tasked with monitoring the world, who generally end up living among uninvolved townspeople to exert covert influence and monitor irregular activity, but are also often tasked with missions to secure ritual grounds or eliminate threats against the global leylines' stability.
She had always been driven by pervasive thoughts that she was bound to meet a terrible end, and eventually she abandoned her duties to travel the world freely, because she found it hard to bear the responsibility, as well as out of an impulse to face her apparent doom head-on and general curiosity. This was not considered a great offense, as the Servants' positions aren't bound to specific persons, but when she departed it did strain her relationship with her (literal and spiritual) family considerably.
Determined to either steel herself so she could overcome her nightmares or just get her tormentous future over with, she took on various unpleasant and dangerous jobs, mostly as a bounty hunter or bodyguard, and made a habit of openly antagonizing people she disliked.
She's generally friendly and jovial, while blunt, but disappointments and apprehension can quickly turn her cynical and withdrawn. She generally approaches people with good will, but tends to stay wary of them. When she comes to genuinely trust someone, these transform into fears of losing them due to strokes of fate or her own potential failures.
She frets constantly over tiny mistakes, but as the circumstances of her life always forced her to act spontaneously, she tends to shut down these doubts altogether and has a hard time filtering out genuinely bad ideas due to it.
Surlak can switch abruptly between extreme caution and plunging into danger head-on, as her behaviour is greatly influenced by her obsessive worries about death and loss. In overwhelming situations where immediate reality starts to resemble the scenarios she's constantly dreading, she acts vicious and rash, and in extreme cases reality just loses its meaning to her.
Surlak prefers subduing her opponents with intimidation over fighting to the death, as she feels like letting killing be part of her life brings her closer to the myriad of calamities she fears, and the very prospect of losing someone cause her great distress.
She perceives everything she appreciates in life as volatile, and greater contentment is always soured by an increase in feelings of impending disaster.
Surlak raises an eyebrow at the smelling box.
"How'd it go? You look like you didn't have to fight, and that's great, but what the hell is that thing you brought? It smells like someone spilled random chemicals all over a flower bed."
"Anyway, we took the job. It's a detour, but I'm always glad to help in research, especially after the last thing we did" - her face becomes a sour grimace - "and the money's too good to pass up."
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Natalia, Lv0 [20] B. Knight [Front]
23/23 HP

+2 DMG | +6 HIT | +4 AC
Spoiler:
Inventory...[ 04/10 ]
Traveling Ration [4/5]
Rope
Torch

Attributes:

Scripts:
- nil.

Image:
"Red-striped black lilies, is what the client told me," Natalia replies, keeping her voice low with consideration to how concealed the deal had been, and frowning. "but I'm not quite sure what that means or what they do beyond smelling repugnant. I ended up with them because apparently they're not in selling condition, and the exchange never ended up taking place... I need some cloth or something to wrap the box up in if I'm going to hang onto it, though."
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Party

Image | Svenn (NPC) ...._| Sellsword ._| 22/22 | Lv 02 | [Front] | Hydegrim - Duke's Cup

Gold: 77
[list][*][!] The Tome in Question: Retrieve the Book of Battle from the ruins north of Lethmond.
[*][J] Wandering Steel: Deliver Blacksmith Tosold's package of metals and minerals to Hector's smithy in Wakefield.
@Natalia:

Quest Complete!
Withering Trust: You protected Usttas from his infuriated client, but the deal was canceled.
+10 exp, +17 Gold, Package of Withered Striped Lilies

You return to the Duke's Cup and rejoin your companions.

@Everyone:
"I suggest you quiet down about those before anyone hears you." Svenn says is a hurried, hushed tone.
When he realizes that all three of you are staring at him in confusion, he explains himself:
Lore: Striped Lilies
Spoiler:
Red striped black lilies grow in the vicinity of the Sable Wall in the Spine, their only known habitat. Their appearance exclusively in the particular area surrounding the Sable Wall has led them to become quite a rare and expensive commodity.
These flowers are highly hallucinogenic - they carry a sickly sweet smell and when ingested, sniffed, or inhaled cause the recipient to experience varying intensities of visual and auditory hallucinations, described by some as "dreamlike". The plant has several uses in alchemy and brewing, and can also be synthesized into a lethal hallucinogenic poison.
Its most popular use has been as an expensive recreational drug. Its use by the citizenry has become forbidden in most communities in the Spine region.
Communities where striped lilies are banned from civilian use:
Icemeet, Lethmond, Spalding, Colkirk
"... They're not outlawed here in Hydegrim... yet. But you don't want to be seen with that stuff now, trust me."

Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Natalia, Lv0 [30] B. Knight [Front]
23/23 HP

+2 DMG | +6 HIT | +4 AC
Spoiler:
Inventory...[ 04/10 ]
Traveling Ration [4/5]
Rope
Torch

Attributes:

Scripts:
- nil.

Image:
While listening to Svenn's information, Natasha slides the box under their table.
"The fact that people desire things like that... I suppose reality can't satisfy everyone."
octagon

Post by octagon »

12/15 HP
Spellpoints:
+1 DMG | +2 HIT | +2 AC
Spoiler:
Inventory...[ 08/10 ]
- Travel Rations [4/5]
- 2x Rope Net

[/list]
Passive Abilities[list]

Attributes:

Scripts:

Description:

"Hmm... that's hardly news.
I might resort to this kind of thing myself if my issues didn't interfere with it. Imagining certain things is bad enough, I really don't wanna see them.
What are you planning to use the stuff for, though? Lugging it around just in case seems a little risky, even smell aside..."
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

23/23 HP

+2 DMG | +6 HIT | +4 AC
Spoiler:
Inventory...[ 04/10 ]
Traveling Ration [4/5]
Rope
Torch

Attributes:

Scripts:
- nil.

Image:
"I wasn't sure when I picked them up, they didn't get sold and resultingly, I didn't get paid much for the job, so I took them. Although they're not much good for recreational use now, they could probably be used alchemically for something or other... if we have somewhere secure to store them."
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Party
Image | Svenn (NPC) ...._| Sellsword ._| 22/22 | Lv 02 | [Front] |

"You could try talking to the alchemist here in Hydegrim about those, I suppose, but I would be inclined to just throw them away and forget it." he says.
"Anyway, I want you three to have a look at this." He takes out a scroll of paper from his traveling bag and unfolds it on the counter so that all of you can see. It's a map of the areas surrounding Hydegrim.
"Since the three of you are new to this region, maybe it will be better if you got a feel for the place."

Map of The Spine
Spoiler:
"The red marks indicate ruins..."
He puts his finger under a big red rectangle, just above Lethmond.
"I understand that the large ruin north of Lethmond is the one you're looking for, where this "Book of Battle" of yours is supposed to be."
He hands it over for you to look at more closely.
"If you have any questions about the area or the places on the map, now might be a good time to ask them."

Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

23/23 HP

+2 DMG | +6 HIT | +4 AC
Spoiler:
Inventory...[ 04/10 ]
Traveling Ration [4/5]
Rope
Torch

Attributes:

Scripts:
- nil.

Image:
Natalia studies the map intently, estimating the lengths of the roads.
"So if it's a day's travel to Wakefield... going directly to Lethmond would be about three, four days, would you say? It may be troublesome if we need to make much back-and-forth between locations.
How navigable are the open spaces, without marked roads?"
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Party
Image | Svenn (NPC) ...._| Sellsword ._| 22/22 | Lv 02 | [Front] |

"Depends on what open space it is. It's usually a good idea to stay on the road where you can, to avoid running into bandits or dangerous wildlife, and traveling on snowy terrain is slower and more tiring. The trip from Hydegrim to Lethmond usually takes five days on the road. Four if the weather is favorable, but it almost never is in this area."

Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

23/23 HP

+2 DMG | +6 HIT | +4 AC
Spoiler:
Inventory...[ 04/10 ]
Traveling Ration [4/5]
Rope
Torch

Attributes:

Scripts:
- nil.

Image:
"One more thing... do the river and lake freeze over?"