General RPG/PnP discussion and coordination thread

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

General RPG/PnP discussion and coordination thread

Post by Shade »

Exactly what it says on the tin. This thread is meant to be a general place for us to post our PnP/RPG stuff.
Be it to check whether people like a certain setting before actually making a PnP/RPG or just to generally discuss stuff about our PnPs/RPGs that doesn't really fit into the other threads.

And with that, I'm kind of wondering what might be causing the exceedingly low activity in our current PnPs, especially from Cimeries' side. Are people losing interest in PnPs in general? Are the current ones lame? Maybe you just want a different kind of setting for once? Or maybe all the complicated rulesets we have nowadays are annoying and we should revert back to the good ol' simple D&D'esque dice system?
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

I think we should try an actuall popular ruleset for once, like DnD or Gurps. They're popular for a reason, after all

As for my absence, I am currently writing this post with my phone, at a wedding which I am helping photograph, time of post: a bit after midnight. In other words: Work, bish.
:wink:
Shade

Post by Shade »

Cimeries wrote:I think we should try an actuall popular ruleset for once, like DnD or Gurps. They're popular for a reason, after all
Fine with me.
Cimeries wrote:As for my absence, I am currently writing this post with my phone, at a wedding which I am helping photograph, time of post: a bit after midnight. In other words: Work, bish.
Ok.
penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

Cimeries wrote:As for my absence, I am currently writing this post with my phone, at a wedding which I am helping photograph, time of post: a bit after midnight. In other words: Work, bish.
O.o
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

I liked our ancient ruleset, something along the lines of Scytale's PnP (nostalgiaaaaaaaaa).
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Ditto
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)

Post by Ditto »

I liked TDR...
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

Clonkinator wrote:Are people losing interest in PnPs in general?
At least, I am not.
But sadly, my activity is going to decrease a bit (at least, until in a year I'll be done with school), since school started again after summer vacations, and my new timetable is abhorrent - school goes until 5 PM frequently and stuff. The last year seems to be the most cruel one. I hope I will stand the Abitur exams...
Clonkinator wrote:Are the current ones lame?
NO NO NO!
Clonkinator wrote:Maybe you just want a different kind of setting for once?
I'm fine with these we have now, but it could be also fun to try a more... uncommon setting.
Clonkinator wrote:Or maybe all the complicated rulesets we have nowadays are annoying and we should revert back to the good ol' simple D&D'esque dice system?
Oh noes. Your current ruleset is a masterpiece. I extremely like it. Please, retain it at least for a few PnPs.
Shade

Post by Shade »

octagon wrote:
Clonkinator wrote:Are people losing interest in PnPs in general?
At least, I am not.
But sadly, my activity is going to decrease a bit (at least, until in a year I'll be done with school), since school started again after summer vacations, and my new timetable is abhorrent - school goes until 5 PM frequently and stuff. The last year seems to be the most cruel one. I hope I will stand the Abitur exams...
I see... I hope you can pop in from time to time anyway though.
octagon wrote:
Clonkinator wrote:Or maybe all the complicated rulesets we have nowadays are annoying and we should revert back to the good ol' simple D&D'esque dice system?
Oh noes. Your current ruleset is a masterpiece. I extremely like it. Please, retain it at least for a few PnPs.
I actually was planning to use an even more revised ruleset for my next PnP (it even reintroduces MP - without breaking the game!). In fact, the ruleset is already done; I just need to wait for an opportunity to start a PnP using it. :P
Shade

Post by Shade »

I'm thinking about starting the new PnP I mentioned before now. If ToaP happens to somehow recover from the "only one post every three days" syndrome, I'll continue that one as well though.

Now, who would be interested in joining? I was planning on trying out something a bit more unusual (in story terms, that is; it's still a fantasy setting overall), and I'm only taking up to three (reasonably active) players this time.
As for the ruleset, it's similar to ToaP's, but reintroduces MP, and makes it so that HP and MP are now dependant on your main stats instead of your AP.
octagon

Post by octagon »

ToaP will certainly recover when we have a clue again about what to do... the story is still very interesting, but no one really knows right now whom to attack and whom to protect.

And I am interested in that new thing... let's see how much time I will have in future, dependant of that I will join.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Alyss has a side, but she's completely useless in combat.
Also, if you do start a new one, I'm reserving a spot.
Shade

Post by Shade »

octagon wrote:ToaP will certainly recover when we have a clue again about what to do... the story is still very interesting, but no one really knows right now whom to attack and whom to protect.
Well, it's up to you guys to decide. Both will work story-wise. :?
octagon wrote:And I am interested in that new thing... let's see how much time I will have in future, dependant of that I will join.
Ok.

@AoD: Completely useless in combat? :o
I don't think so, really. You can always just toss fireballs at your enemies if you want to remain in cover.

Alright, I'll open the thread then for more details on the story and ruleset.
octagon

Post by octagon »

Someone should have a character which has Ambidextrous Sprite as a class. :rofl:
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

What's with the recent player limits in PnPs? Part of the reason why TDR was so awesome was because we had so many players and so much variety.
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

But TDR was back in the active times, where players could be relied on to make posts frequently. Next winter (for the northen hemisphere) it will get better, like it normally does.