[PnP] Last Legend II (Talk)

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Re: [PnP] Last Legend II (Talk)

Post by Agent of Dread »

I'm not sure what other sorts of abilities to add. :/
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

@pf5234: Are you satisfied with your abilities and stuff? In other words, is your character ready? =)

@Cime: Alrightio~
I take it that your character is ready, then?

@AoD: When in doubt, always go for (de-)buffs. :teach:
(Or status ailments.
"[enemy] is paralyzed by Lacy's incredible cuteness!"
"Lacy is so disgustingly adorable, it's causing [enemy] nausea!")
Tell me when you're ready~

EDIT: That did totally not happen, what are you talking about
Last edited by Shade on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Ha, you typo'd as Lacy too. I guess I'm not the only one. :P
Anyway, added a couple more. I'm ready to go now.

EDIT: How do you typo something as its correct spelling? I'm simply perplexed at myself.
Last edited by Agent of Dread on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

I'm ready when you are :woo:
Shade

Post by Shade »

Alrightio~
Waiting for a response from Mr. octagon before starting.
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

Holg, Lv1 [00] Ignorancer
/21 HP
/27 MP
PP
Exciting Grid [3/3]
7-5 dmg (1) | ? Hit (1) | 13 AC (12)
Hammer of Sophistication (6-4 Dmg, +1 spell damage)
Mystic Garment beyond the Undeniable Walrus (2 AC)
Spoiler: Character sheet
Items

Abilities
Angular [? MP]
Deals sideways damage to a single character. If a character who has accumulated sideways damage is rotated by whatever means causes the sideways damage to be converted into regular damage or healing, depending on in which direction they were tilted.
Tilt [? MP] [1 PP]
Holg rotates a character by 90°, dislocating their hitbox and causing subsequent weirdness. Increases AC and Hit of allies, and decreases them for enemies.
Mastodon of Pain [sustained] [? MP/turn]
Her attacks become usable from the back row, gain an [Int+2] bonus to Hit, are split up into 3 strikes, each of which deals half damage, and has a chance to deflect ranged attacks. The attacks deal a bit more damage if there's water nearby.
Ignore [? MP]
Holg ignores an enemy so thoroughly that the ignorance becomes mutual and the enemy's self-perception is shaken. Prevents the enemy from targeting her during this turn, and lowers their AC and Hit by 1.
Exciting Grid [? PP] [3]
Divides the battlefield into an inexplicably interesting and awesome grid, which deals damage to enemies for every line of the grid they touch. Obviously, larger enemies will touch more lines and thus take more damage.
GeoShift [2 PP] [10 MP]
Situational abilities are a lot more fun if you can cheat the situation. Changes the effective terrain of the battlefield into another terrain of her choice.
Destroytheworld [4 PP]
Holg goes on a rampage, attacking [2+Lvl±1] random enemies, smashing some landscape features/vegetation/furniture and causing x arbitrary explosions around her.
Ignore Gravity [passive]
Holg is unaffected by falls, as she can simply ignore gravity and stay afloat in place as long as it's necessary.

Geomancy
The usable Geomancy ability depends on the terrain.
Soil Eater [Grasslands]
Pelts the enemy with chunks of dirt, transforms one of them into HP-restoring edible matter and tosses it to an ally. Damages all enemies and heals the ally whose HP is the lowest.
?? [Forest] · I have no idea right now
Break [Rocky]
Holg looks around and takes a break while absentmindedly kicking up some dust. Restores some of her HP, boosts party AC by 2 for the duration of the round and petrifies enemies in critical health status.
Pull of Sand [Desert]
Pulls the sand below an enemy away and increases their poslunction. Halves their resistance to elements and status effects and lowers their AC and DR by 1.
Sponge [Underwater]
An absurdly dry sponge appears out of nowhere to dehydrate an enemy (regardless of other fluid sources in the vicinity).
Highjump [Castle]
Holg leaps high into the air, crashing her relatively shockproof head into the ceiling and causing rubble to rain down on all enemies. Enemies who somehow ended up between her head and the ceiling are squished for high damage.
Weaponized Furniture [Fancy Room]
Causes the interior decoration itself to become hostile, reducing enemy accuracy and evasion and causing all enemies performing an action that requires moving during this turn to trip, dealing some damage.
Science [Lab/Bottomless Pit]
Scans all enemies and does something untested (executes a random move from a hidden blue magic-ish skill list of your choice.)
Laminate [Office] · What should this do?
IsleoftheDamned [Wasteland/Netherworld]
Traps an enemy's mind in redundant and horrifying contemplations regarding a place that was turned into a horrible demon-infested hellhole. “Let's go to the Isle of the Damned! But before we go to the Isle of the Damned, I need to do something to prepare for the Isle of the Damned…” – Deals Spooky damage and disrupts enemy concentration, lowering their accuracy and spell damage.
Mastery of Even Numbers in the Calm of the Storm v1.3.5a: Fake Extrapolation of Horrible Planet ~ Mysterious Turmoil of St. Vortex the Eager [Fallback]
Does something ridiculously complicated and surrounds an ally with an energy field, giving them an additional major action this turn and hurting the next [Int] enemies that hit them.

Stats
STR +1
DEX -1
AGI +2
FOR ±0
INT +5
WIL +1
LUK +2

Background
Holg is a curious spellcaster travelling the world in order to train her …unique magical abilities and put them to use.
Her name was meant to be “Holy”, since in the mage village where she comes from, people believe that naming a child will automatically bestow them with the knowledge of the spell in question (it seems to work, but there's many people named Ultima, Curaga or similar who can never put their namesake spell to use, simply because they don't have enough max MP). However, her name was misspelled due to a typo, so she has to go by the unpleasant-sounding name of “Holg”. Well, she arranged with it.
No one knows about a spell named “Holg”, but it seems like it exists, and actually leaked some of its power to her. Holg has the ability to manipulate reality itself by disregarding information. Ignoring the laws of physics allows her to perform some feats that were previously considered impossible…
Holg gains a preposterousness point (PP) per round. Critical hits and natural 20s give her another PP. While defending she reaffirms her ignorance of unpleasant information, gaining an additional PP.
I didn't have ideas for some things, so some stuff is left blank, and I should probably dump some overly convoluted abilities. (I want to keep the sideways thing, the grid, and Mastodon though)
Also, I can't think of where to find a suitable portrait.
Last edited by octagon on Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Tilt ought to make enemies easier to hit and harder to be hit by. For allies it could do the opposite?
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

D:
:wink:
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Laminate = Harder to move, but takes less damage?
Shade

Post by Shade »

octagon wrote:Angular [? MP] · Deals sideways damage to a single character. If a character who has accumulated sideways damage is rotated by whatever means causes the sideways damage to be converted into regular damage or healing, depending on in which direction they were tilted.
Ok
Regular physical damage?
octagon wrote:Tilt [? MP] [1 PP] · Holg rotates a character by 90°, dislocating their hitbox and causing subsequent weirdness. What should it do? (separate effects for allies and enemies)
Random idea: causes the last attack that missed an enemy to hit / the last attack that hit an ally to miss
octagon wrote:Mastodon of Pain [sustained] [? MP/turn] · Her attacks become usable from the back row, gain an [Int+2] bonus to Hit, are split up into 3 strikes, each of which deals half damage, and has a chance to deflect ranged attacks. The attacks deal a bit more damage if there's water nearby.
50% chance to deflect?
And you'll definitely need to remind me of the water part whenever it applies because I'll keep forgetting it.
octagon wrote:Ignore [? MP] · Holg ignores an enemy so thoroughly that the ignorance becomes mutual and the enemy's self-perception is shaken. Prevents the enemy from targeting her during this turn, and lowers their AC and Hit by x.
Please specify x
octagon wrote:Exciting Grid [? PP] [3] · Divides the battlefield into an inexplicably interesting and awesome grid, which deals damage to enemies for every line of the grid they touch. Obviously, larger enemies will touch more lines and thus take more damage.
How should I calculate the damage?
octagon wrote:GeoShift [3 PP] · Situational abilities are a lot more fun if you can cheat the situation. Changes the effective terrain of the battlefield into another terrain of her choice.
Ok
octagon wrote:Destroytheworld [4 PP] · Holg goes on a rampage, attacking [2+Lvl±1] random enemies, smashing some landscape features/vegetation/furniture and causing x arbitrary explosions around her.
Please specify x
octagon wrote:Ignore Gravity [passive] · Holg is unaffected by falls, as she can simply ignore gravity and stay afloat in place as long as it's necessary.
Nice

octagon wrote:Soil Eater [Grasslands] · Pelts the enemy with chunks of dirt, transforms one of them into HP-restoring edible matter and tosses it to an ally. Damages all enemies and heals the ally whose HP is the lowest.
How do I calculate the damage/healing
octagon wrote:?? [Forest] · I have no idea right now
Random idea: enemies are kept in place by random vines and roots popping up
octagon wrote:Break [Rocky] · Holg looks around and takes a break while absentmindedly kicking up some dust. Restores some of her HP, boosts party AC by 2 for the duration of the round and petrifies enemies in critical health status.
How do I calculate the healing
Also, I consider "critical health" 1/3 or less HP, that alright for you?
octagon wrote:Pull of Sand [Desert] · Pulls the sand below an enemy away and increases their poslunction. Halves their resistance to status effects.
Ok, I guess
(The sand was pulled? I can't remember what the point of that meme was)
octagon wrote:Sponge [Underwater] · An absurdly dry sponge appears out of nowhere to dehydrate an enemy (regardless of other fluid sources in the vicinity).
Effect?
octagon wrote:Highjump [Castle] · Holg leaps high into the air, crashing her relatively shockproof head into the ceiling and causing rubble to rain down on all enemies. Enemies who somehow ended up between her head and the ceiling are squished for high damage.
How do I calculate the damage
octagon wrote:Weaponized Furniture [Fancy Room] · Causes the interior decoration itself to become hostile, reducing enemy accuracy and evasion and causing all enemies performing an action that requires moving during this turn to trip, dealing some damage.
Needs actual values
octagon wrote:IsleoftheDamned [Wasteland/Netherworld] · Traps an enemy's mind in redundant and horrifying contemplations regarding a place that was turned into a horrible demon-infested hellhole. “Let's go to the Isle of the Damned! But before we go to the Isle of the Damned, I need to do something to prepare for the Isle of the Damned…” – Deals Spooky damage and disrupts enemy concentration, lowering their accuracy and spell damage.
Values
octagon wrote:Mastery of Even Numbers in the Calm of the Storm v1.3.5a: Fake Extrapolation of Horrible Planet ~ Mysterious Turmoil of St. Vortex the Eager [Fallback] · Does something ridiculously complicated and surrounds an ally with an energy field, giving them an additional major action this turn and hurting the next [Int] enemies that hit them.
lol, nice
octagon wrote:Holg gains a preposterousness point (PP) per round. Critical hits and natural 20s give her another PP. While defending she reaffirms her ignorance of unpleasant information, gaining an additional PP.
Please keep track of those yourself. xD"
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

The point of the "sand was pulled" was woodmouse. All he did was translate something to Chinese and back found the result funny and posted on the forums.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Ah, I remember.
...yeah, and now I also remember why I never really got what the fuss was all about.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Holy shit guys, look:
Cimeries wrote: Insomnia edit: I remember when I was joining Scytale's PnP, he offered me to play his NPC Shade Anomaly person thingey, which I now think I should have done in retrospect. I would have probably been more interested in that PnP had I played a character that I didn't design, just because of the novelty of it.

I think it would be an interesting experiment to make a PnP where everyone makes a character or two to create some sort of "character pool", and everyone has to pick a character they didn't make to play as.
Let's do iiiit. Right here! Experiments! Science!
It's a great opportunity seeing how this is a joke PnP anyway.
:wink:
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

In the footsteps of the great wacky Professor Dantalion, yes, let's. :D
Shade