Egoboo Community Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:02 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:42 am 
Offline
Protector (Senior Member)
Protector (Senior Member)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:46 pm
Posts: 8610
Location: Australia
< HP >---< MP >--< Pos. >---< Name >------
32/32 .|. 0/0 .|. Front .|. Veles
30/30 .|. 5/5 .|. Front .|. Mulok
18/18 .|. 2/2 .|. Front .|. Yumiko
15/15 .|. 1/1 .|. Front .|. Red
-----------------------------------------------
Credit to Shade for the table. :D



In the land of Alcordia, the people pass down a long-held tradition of one's Path. The Path dictates a man's destiny, the turns he will make and the roads he will take. One's Path would be made a subject of great wonder, and every man hoped he would forsee the achievement of his success, fame and reward.

Recently, a group of mages calling themselves the Order of the Path has surfaced, claiming to have managed to magically read the Path of any man. Despite being complete strangers, the city of Galder, the largest and most central, took them into the governmental system. They now predict crimes before they will happen and arrest the perpetrators-to-be accordingly. They offer career readings for well-to-do children, and advise the King on the ruling of the land based on what actions people will take.

However, the Order often makes excursions. They show up mysteriously at a town, take some business in a building, and leave without a word of goodbyes. Some have even found them gathered around ancient ruins in the wild. Their presence is becoming suspicious to some people.

Then, today, you went to a public execution. A noble they had claimed would commit a murder in their friend's home later that day. He resisted right up until the final moments of his life, screaming innocence, and that he didn't own a weapon. His house was investigated privately, and it turned out that he indeed owned nothing capable of killing a man, and was in no state to acquire one, nor did he have any written evidence of being inclined to kill his friend - not a word of diary dissent.

Can this Order really be trusted? Is the Path as real as they say - and can they read it accurately even then?
And what is it that they're looking for all over the land?

[Reveal] Spoiler: "Veles"
At long last, you've arrived at Galder, seeking out the Order of the Path. As soon as you caught wind of their work involving reading people's Paths, you set out for them, hoping that they might be able to look in the opposite direction and tell you what has come before as well. After leaving your post at the time, Arthan, in the frigid north of Alcordia, you worked odds and ends for whoever possible in towns along the road to keep your bags and stomach full, and at last you're here - able to find both some decent work and to try and see the Order.
But then you see the execution. That man was surely innocent, and nothing save for the hand of The Forefather himself could have turned him to the dark side as the Order claimed he would. What could be going on?


[Reveal] Spoiler: "Mulok"
For a good few years now, you've been in Galder. Training those puny footpads in sword-swinging at the barracks... but you have no ties to that place really. It's only so you have enough coin to keep yourself fed and clothed. And today you saw that little man beheaded, on behalf of the Order of the Path. You've never trusted those robed rascals, but now they seem to be outright doing wrong. The man looked too timid to be a murderer anyway.


[Reveal] Spoiler: "Yumiko"
You arrived at Galder this morning. You usually can't stay in one place for too long without people becoming edgy because of your demonic stature, and especially those wings. No matter how careful you are to keep a cloak on at all times, someone sees one as you grab a breath of fresh air during the night or something like that every time. You've never cared too much for this whole Path ideology, but it means a lot to most of the mortals around here, so you don't oppose it. You've never felt anything to do with it coursing through your veins, but it doesn't matter much.
However, upon seeing that noble condemned for his so-called devious Path, your innate curiousity lead to you starting to have a peek around.


[Reveal] Spoiler: "Red"
You just feel so restless lately. You've been sparring at the Galder barracks just to keep your mind and body occupied. And then today, you saw the unjust execution of that noble whoever. You felt like there was an opportunity to cause a little mischief and get away with it in poking around and exposing what that Order of the Path were really up to.


You've found yourselves convened upon the same location - the Galder Archive, the largest collection of books and tomes of every form in the land. It seems you're all here to study findings on the Path... and anything secretive the Order of the Path could be looking for.
[Reveal] Spoiler: "Red and Mulok"
You recognise each other; you've both noticed each other during time spent at the barracks. You don't really know each other though.


This is your intro post. Stuff will move along on its own if you don't want to say anything.

_________________
- Facebook: Trilby Girl -- Tumblr: trilbystumb -- Discord: Trilby#9851 -


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:50 am 
Offline
Rust Eater (Senior Member)
Rust Eater (Senior Member)
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:37 am
Posts: 3625
Location: Australia
Image
    Red, Lv 0.00 (Front)
    HP 15/15
    MP
    2d6+1 Dmg | 4 Hit | 18 AC
    Two-handed Sword [ 2d6 Dmg ]
    Studded Leather Armour [ 3 AC | Cap at +6 | -1 Mal ]
    [Reveal] Spoiler: "Inventory & Status"
    Items (2/8):
    - Red Rose
    - Lockpick

    Skills ( 60 / 90 AP):
    • Fatal Blow [ 2 / 2 ] [ Use ] [ 60 AP ]
      Red aims for the enemy's vital body parts in order to deal double the damage he would normally do.

    Abilities ( 30 / 90 AP):
    • Critical Hit [ Passive ] [ 30 AP ]
      If Red gets a 20 on his attack roll, he will deal double the damage with his strike.

    Spells:
    • Sluggish [ 1 / 1 MP ] [ MP Use ]
      Reduces a single enemy's AC by 4 for 2 turns.
      [(4+Int+Wil/2) for Wil + 2]

    Stats:
    +3 Strength
    +3 Dexterity
    +4 Agility
    -4 Fortitude
    -1 Intellect
    ±0 Willpower

    HPMod: +1

    Appearance:
    Image

    Story:
    You currently know nothing about Red.

Red creeps around the Galder Archive nonchalantly, looking at the different books and tomes from the past. God. He never knew a place like this could be so boring when he planned to get up to no good. The red swordsman glances around the room, looking for anything on new gang 'The Order' or however they named themselves; they were disgusting liars anyway. Instead of finding a book, he spots an Orcish guy that he's seen in the barracks before.
"Hey..." he whispers, "You're that Maluka guy or whatever, right? Do you know anything about those 'Order of the Path' weirdos?"

_________________
Image
This signature picture has been cropped to fit the size limit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:02 am 
Offline
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:56 am
Posts: 7575
Location: Israel
Image
Veles, Lv 0.00 (Front)
HP 32/32
1d10+2 Dmg | +2 Hit | 13 AC
Bastard Sword [ 1d10 Dmg ]
Chain shirt [ +4 AC | Cap at +5 | -2 Mal ]
[Reveal] Spoiler: "Inventory & Status"
Items [ 1/9 ]:
- Food Ration
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Image
Abilities [ 0100/0125 AP ]:
  • Image Infantry [ Trait ] [ 00 AP ]
    Veles does not have MP, and cannot cast spells. Positive INT provides a bonus to hit, positive WILL provides a bonus to AC.
  • Image Carnivore [ Trait ] [ +15 AP ]
    Veles cannot gain benefit from food that isn't meat, or drink that is not water. Veles' beastly appearance may cause some people to react negatively to him (it is common for him to be mistaken for a gnoll). Additionally, due to his horns, Veles cannot wear helmets unless they were specifically fitted for him.

Image
> Swordmaster Aspect [ 000 AP ]:
  • Image Surge [ 1 / 1 ] [ Active ] [ 40 AP ]
    A powerful leap attack utilizing Veles' powerful hind leg muscles for added punch. This allows Veles to attack an enemy regardless of formation row for 150% normal damage. If the enemy is unaware of Veles' presence, this attack become a deadly assassination lounge, and its damage is instead maximized and then doubled.

Image
> Warlord Aspect [ 040 AP ]:
  • Image Warmachine [ Passive ] [ 40 AP ]
    Whenever an enemy is overkilled (sent below 0 HP) Veles' Hp is restored by half of that difference, rounded down.

Image
> Warden Aspect [ 060 AP ]:
  • Image Mentor [ Passive ] [ 60 AP ]
    Allies in Veles' party only pay 80% AP for learning combat-related abilities (Veles excluded).

Stats:
+4 Strength
-1 Dexterity
±0 Agility
+4 Fortitude
+1 Intellect
-3 Willpower

HPMod: +3

Image
Background:
Veles is a mercenary, a sword for hire. He's been that for the past 30 years, and it's all he knows...
Literally. He has no recollection of what was before, of his childhood, or even of his family. He'd never seen anyone like himself before.
Rumors of the Order of the Path have reached his ears and he has set out to find them, in the hope that they can see not only further down "the Path", but could also reveal details of his past.


Veles didn't rush to search for any texts right away. He spent a few moments observing the other people here, who all seem to be here for similar reasons.
He couldn't help but worry about all the attention they were drawing. Things of this sort are better done in a more discreet manner, and their appearances didn't help one bit. Veles wasn't the only odd sight in this group, beside him there were also a needlessly extravagantly dressed young woman with wings... an old orc, and a young swordsman who seemed to be familiar with the orc and had no sense for discretion. Interesting enough, they all seemed like they could hold their own in a fight, even the girl. Veles had an eye for this sort of thing - he's fought so many foes he can practically spot the challenging ones just by looking.

Veles wasn't sure what to think of the execution he saw today. The fact that they found no evidence does not immediately prove his innocence. If he had tried to orchestrate a murder, he would make damn well sure there was no evidence around either, much less leave a diary behind like all of the previous executions... Still, that deviation from the pattern, or the fact that there was even a pattern in the first place made him suspicious enough to not try and approach The Order immediately. It would be best to prepare a bit and see if he can find more information on them first.

Finally, he spoke up.
"We all seem to be here for the same reason. What do you think about the execution today? Notice anything unusual?"

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:38 pm 
Offline
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:59 pm
Posts: 1452
Location: The universe and all the other places too
Mulok, Lvl 0 Orc Pyromancer (Cover) -00-
=============================================
Image 30/30
Image 5/5
Image 0/7
Image 2d4+1, -3 Hit
- Quarterstaff - (1d4 Dmg, 2h, +1 Hit)
Image 03
- Fur Cloak - (01 AC)
- Bone Circlet - (00 AC [cosmetic])

[Reveal] Spoiler: "Inventory and Status"
Stuff:

Spells (3/6):
- Rain of Flame -
(Current : 12 Dmg, +3 Hit Bonus)
Rains a volley of molten rock upon the target enemies.
[ AP] - Targets all enemies with a rain of fireballs, attacking all foes for [Int+3] fire damage. Accuracy decreases by -2 per enemy.

- Fireball -
(Current : 10 Dmg)
Mulok creates a basic ball of fire that strikes his target.
[ AP] - Targets a single enemy, attacking for [Intx1.5+3] fire damage.

- Burden -
(Current : 2 Turns)
Mulok creates a heavy magical force over the target, preventing them from taking action.
[ AP] - Prevents a target from acting for [Wil/2] turns.

Abilities:
- Impact -
(Passive)
Mulok has practiced for many years with powerful offensive spells and has learned how to make them more effective.
[25 AP] - Increases the damage of offensive multi-target spells by 50%.
[20 AP] - Increases the accuracy of offensive multi-target spells by +3.

- Ignite -
(Passive)
Mulok can ignite his foes with magical flame.
[20 AP] - Any offensive fire-based spells ignite the target, dealing 10% of the spells damage a turn for 5 turns.

- Focus -
(Passive)
Mulok can take a moment to focus his power during a battle, allowing him to restore his strength.
[20 AP] - On any turn that Mulok does not use his major action, he regains one spellpoint.

- Volley [2/2] -
(Active)
Mulok exhausts his strength to cast a volley of offensive spells in rapid succession.
[60 AP] - When used, casts [3] selected offensive spells in a row.

- Battlemage -
(Passive)
Mulok is unencumbered by negative penalties of armor when casting spells.
[10 AP] - Mulok is unaffected by negative penalties to spellcasting when using armor.

- Blackheart -
(Passive)
Mulok focuses his power solely on offensive magic and is talented with little else.
[+20 AP] - Mulok cannot use healing or buffing spells.

Stats:
Mettle: +2
Finesse: -5
Agility: -5
Endurance: +4
Intellect: +5
Willpower: +4

Info:
Ability Points: 15
HP Mod: +3

Appearance:
Before you stands a proud-standing, middle-aged orc. Tall and broad shouldered, it's clear that age has diminished his strength from previous years, yet he still stands tall and strong like an old warrior. His clothing is tribal, composed of a belted fur kilt, a heavy fur cloak, and a circlet of strung together bones and teeth which rests upon a bald head. Different from some orcs, the orc has dark, red-brown skin, red eyes, and large, jutting teeth from his jaw. The orc has a short, wide, braided black beard that covers the bottom of his face and a smug smile of superiority. While old, the man does not seem wise, and his thick, slanted eyebrows and narrowed eyes give a feeling of discomfort when passing the man...


Mulok turns his head to the young human and snorts, as he is adressed bluntly and relatively thoughtlessly by the man.
"Mulok, child. And no."
Turning his head to the book that he's reading, Mulok holds up his left hand and makes a dismissive gesture, waiting for the boy to leave. Truth be told, he had come here out of curiosity about the Order, and that man's execution had seemed strange - not that he cared particularly - but he didn't see any coin or benefit coming out of it, and a few minutes with a book on arcane spells was enough to divert his attention.

He had never trusted these "Path" fools much. Where he was born was in the forests where they feared to tread - just another display of their cowardice and ineptitude - so he had never had his "Path" told to him. They reminded him of the old fortune tellers that he had seen back in his tribe. He had always thought of them as raving lunatics, and he had found great pleasure in arguing with them face to face and disproving their predictions. It was rather funny to him - everyone in his "primitive" tribe hadn't trusted fortune tellers, yet this city of men that thought themselves so refined believed in such idiocy and actually entrusted their government to it. He wished he could have stayed put in the forest - Mulok looks at the tribal garbs that he's always worn so proudly - but it was for the best. Who could expect a man of his intelligence and caliber to live like a tribesman forever? He needed to make his place in the world - but unfortunately, with these "Path" idiots dictating the government nowadays, that wasn't going to happen. Unless...

Unless he were to remove them.

As the looming figure apporaches him, Mulok shuts his book and turns to face him. He noticed the red-haired human still on one side of him, and on the other side an extravagantly dressed, winged woman. The figure approaching was a tall, strong looking Minotaur-like man, clad in a chain shirt and holding a bastard sword, no less. He spoke with an air of confidence, but not with one as blunt as the human. Mulok responds with a hushed tone.
"Quiet yourself - yes, of course it was unusual, there was no evidence and the man didn't even have a weapon. But it's to be expected. I'm sure you were suspicious about them at least some time before now, correct? Letting what are essentially professional fortune tellers into government is going to lead to trouble and corruption, without question."

_________________
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/


Last edited by Ditto on Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:57 pm 
Offline
Rust Eater (Senior Member)
Rust Eater (Senior Member)
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:37 am
Posts: 3625
Location: Australia
Image
    Red, Lv 0.00 (Front)
    HP 15/15
    MP
    2d6+1 Dmg | 4 Hit | 18 AC
    Two-handed Sword [ 2d6 Dmg ]
    Studded Leather Armour [ 3 AC | Cap at +6 | -1 Mal ]
    [Reveal] Spoiler: "Inventory & Status"
    Items (2/8):
    - Red Rose
    - Lockpick

    Skills ( 60 / 90 AP):
    • Fatal Blow [ 2 / 2 ] [ Use ] [ 60 AP ]
      Red aims for the enemy's vital body parts in order to deal double the damage he would normally do.

    Abilities ( 30 / 90 AP):
    • Critical Hit [ Passive ] [ 30 AP ]
      If Red gets a 20 on his attack roll, he will deal double the damage with his strike.

    Spells:
    • Sluggish [ 1 / 1 MP ] [ MP Use ]
      Reduces a single enemy's AC by 4 for 2 turns.
      [(4+Int+Wil/2) for Wil + 2]

    Stats:
    +3 Strength
    +3 Dexterity
    +4 Agility
    -4 Fortitude
    -1 Intellect
    ±0 Willpower

    HPMod: +1

    Appearance:
    Image

    Story:
    You currently know nothing about Red.

Red stares back as the orcish bookworm waves him away but persistently demands an answer. He knows these people are on the same track he is. Red then notices the large beast walk towards them, wielding a mighty blade with an intimidating expression. Red brushes his hair to the side and listens to the conversation silently, too nervous to annoy these people that could be a help to him. Finally Red speaks out,
"Those sages are nothin' but connivin' bastards, I reckon!" Red chuckles, trying to lift a positive mood.
"They're just a bunch of loonies from who-knows-where."

_________________
Image
This signature picture has been cropped to fit the size limit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:13 pm 
Offline
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:56 am
Posts: 7575
Location: Israel
Image
Veles, Lv 0.00 (Front)
HP 32/32
1d10+2 Dmg | +2 Hit | 13 AC
Bastard Sword [ 1d10 Dmg ]
Chain shirt [ +4 AC | Cap at +5 | -2 Mal ]
[Reveal] Spoiler: "Inventory & Status"
Items [ 1/9 ]:
- Food Ration
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Image
Abilities [ 0100/0125 AP ]:
  • Image Infantry [ Trait ] [ 00 AP ]
    Veles does not have MP, and cannot cast spells. Positive INT provides a bonus to hit, positive WILL provides a bonus to AC.
  • Image Carnivore [ Trait ] [ +15 AP ]
    Veles cannot gain benefit from food that isn't meat, or drink that is not water. Veles' beastly appearance may cause some people to react negatively to him (it is common for him to be mistaken for a gnoll). Additionally, due to his horns, Veles cannot wear helmets unless they were specifically fitted for him.

Image
> Swordmaster Aspect [ 000 AP ]:
  • Image Surge [ 1 / 1 ] [ Active ] [ 40 AP ]
    A powerful leap attack utilizing Veles' powerful hind leg muscles for added punch. This allows Veles to attack an enemy regardless of formation row for 150% normal damage. If the enemy is unaware of Veles' presence, this attack become a deadly assassination lounge, and its damage is instead maximized and then doubled.

Image
> Warlord Aspect [ 040 AP ]:
  • Image Warmachine [ Passive ] [ 40 AP ]
    Whenever an enemy is overkilled (sent below 0 HP) Veles' Hp is restored by half of that difference, rounded down.

Image
> Warden Aspect [ 060 AP ]:
  • Image Mentor [ Passive ] [ 60 AP ]
    Allies in Veles' party only pay 80% AP for learning combat-related abilities (Veles excluded).

Stats:
+4 Strength
-1 Dexterity
±0 Agility
+4 Fortitude
+1 Intellect
-3 Willpower

HPMod: +3

Image
Background:
Veles is a mercenary, a sword for hire. He's been that for the past 30 years, and it's all he knows...
Literally. He has no recollection of what was before, of his childhood, or even of his family. He'd never seen anyone like himself before.
Rumors of the Order of the Path have reached his ears and he has set out to find them, in the hope that they can see not only further down "the Path", but could also reveal details of his past.


Veles quickly holds a finger against his own mouth to signal the young swordsman to be quieter.

He replies to the orc in a hushed tone.
"I wouldn't know much about these fortune tellers, I came all the way from Arthan as I am desperate for information regarding something... but something strikes me odd here. I can almost smell the corruption in the air."

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:21 pm 
Offline
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:59 pm
Posts: 1452
Location: The universe and all the other places too
Mulok, Lvl 0 Orc Pyromancer (Cover) -00-
=============================================
Image 30/30
Image 5/5
Image 0/7
Image 2d4+1, -3 Hit
- Quarterstaff - (1d4 Dmg, 2h, +1 Hit)
Image 03
- Fur Cloak - (01 AC)
- Bone Circlet - (00 AC [cosmetic])

[Reveal] Spoiler: "Inventory and Status"
Stuff:

Spells (3/6):
- Rain of Flame -
(Current : 6-14 base Dmg, +5-#targets base Hit vs. AGI)
Rains a volley of molten rock upon the target enemies.
[ AP] - Targets all enemies with a rain of fireballs, attacking all targets for 1d[4 ± WIL/2]+3 fire damage. Has a -[3 + #targets] penalty to Hit.

- Fireball -
(Current: 7-19 base Dmg, +5 base Hit vs. AGI)
Mulok creates a basic ball of fire that strikes his target.
[ AP] - Targets a single enemy, attacking for 2d[5 ± WIL/2]+5 fire damage. Normal accuracy.

- Burden -
(Current: 4 Turns, DG 16 vs. WIL)
Mulok creates a heavy magical force over the target, preventing them from taking action.
[ AP] - Forces the target to make a WIL check against a DG of [11 ± INT]. If it fails the check, it cannot act for [2 + WIL/2] turns.

Abilities:
- Impact -
(Passive)
Mulok has practiced for many years with powerful offensive spells and has learned how to make them more effective.
[25 AP] - Increases the damage of offensive multi-target spells by 50%.
[20 AP] - Increases the accuracy of offensive multi-target spells by +3.

- Ignite -
(Passive)
Mulok can ignite his foes with magical flame.
[20 AP] - Any offensive fire-based spells ignite the target, dealing 10% of the spells damage a turn for 5 turns.

- Focus -
(Passive)
Mulok can take a moment to focus his power during a battle, allowing him to restore his strength.
[20 AP] - On any turn that Mulok does not use his major action, he regains one spellpoint.

- Volley [2/2] -
(Active)
Mulok exhausts his strength to cast a volley of offensive spells in rapid succession.
[60 AP] - When used, casts [3] selected offensive spells in a row.

- Battlemage -
(Passive)
Mulok is unencumbered by negative penalties of armor when casting spells.
[10 AP] - Mulok is unaffected by negative penalties to spellcasting when using armor.

- Blackheart -
(Passive)
Mulok focuses his power solely on offensive magic and is talented with little else.
[+20 AP] - Mulok cannot use healing or buffing spells.

Stats:
Mettle: +2
Finesse: -5
Agility: -5
Endurance: +4
Intellect: +5
Willpower: +4

Info:
Ability Points: 15
HP Mod: +3

Appearance:
Before you stands a proud-standing, middle-aged orc. Tall and broad shouldered, it's clear that age has diminished his strength from previous years, yet he still stands tall and strong like an old warrior. His clothing is tribal, composed of a belted fur kilt, a heavy fur cloak, and a circlet of strung together bones and teeth which rests upon a bald head. Different from some orcs, the orc has dark, red-brown skin, red eyes, and large, jutting teeth from his jaw. The orc has a short, wide, braided black beard that covers the bottom of his face and a smug smile of superiority. While old, the man does not seem wise, and his thick, slanted eyebrows and narrowed eyes give a feeling of discomfort when passing the man...


Mulok briefly explains about the tradition of the Path, the Order of the Path, their recent excursions, everything up to the execution that happened recently.
"Essentially, the government is relying on professional fortune tellers that claim they know the future - whether or not they have the magical capacity to do so, I wouldn't know, but it's clear that there's corruption afoot - I'd be quite surprised if that man was truly guilty."
Mulok takes a breath.
"I'm sure you can see that I'm not around here given my clothing and race, so I've never had a-"
Mulok gestures the "quote" sign with his fingers-
""Path," but it seems fairly deeply rooted in tradition here. Unfortunately that makes things rather difficult for me, as I don't wish to mingle with the Order in order to obtain a political position around here."
After a second of hesitation, Mulok adds to his sentence.
"Not to mention the inhumanity and cruelty of these random murders, of course. I originally came here to research the Order's history, but..."
He gestures towards the book, clearly labeled on top as a book detailing fire spells.
"I'm afraid I'm not a patient man, and after a little while I decided to take a break from research."

_________________
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:57 pm 
Offline
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:56 am
Posts: 7575
Location: Israel
Image
Veles, Lv 0.00 (Front)
HP 32/32
1d10+2 Dmg | +2 Hit | 13 AC
Bastard Sword [ 1d10 Dmg ]
Chain shirt [ +4 AC | Cap at +5 | -2 Mal ]
[Reveal] Spoiler: "Inventory & Status"
Items [ 1/9 ]:
- Food Ration
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Image
Abilities [ 0100/0125 AP ]:
  • Image Infantry [ Trait ] [ 00 AP ]
    Veles does not have MP, and cannot cast spells. Positive INT provides a bonus to hit, positive WILL provides a bonus to AC.
  • Image Carnivore [ Trait ] [ +15 AP ]
    Veles cannot gain benefit from food that isn't meat, or drink that is not water. Veles' beastly appearance may cause some people to react negatively to him (it is common for him to be mistaken for a gnoll). Additionally, due to his horns, Veles cannot wear helmets unless they were specifically fitted for him.

Image
> Swordmaster Aspect [ 000 AP ]:
  • Image Surge [ 1 / 1 ] [ Active ] [ 40 AP ]
    A powerful leap attack utilizing Veles' powerful hind leg muscles for added punch. This allows Veles to attack an enemy regardless of formation row for 150% normal damage. If the enemy is unaware of Veles' presence, this attack become a deadly assassination lounge, and its damage is instead maximized and then doubled.

Image
> Warlord Aspect [ 040 AP ]:
  • Image Warmachine [ Passive ] [ 40 AP ]
    Whenever an enemy is overkilled (sent below 0 HP) Veles' Hp is restored by half of that difference, rounded down.

Image
> Warden Aspect [ 060 AP ]:
  • Image Mentor [ Passive ] [ 60 AP ]
    Allies in Veles' party only pay 80% AP for learning combat-related abilities (Veles excluded).

Stats:
+4 Strength
-1 Dexterity
±0 Agility
+4 Fortitude
+1 Intellect
-3 Willpower

HPMod: +3

Image
Background:
Veles is a mercenary, a sword for hire. He's been that for the past 30 years, and it's all he knows...
Literally. He has no recollection of what was before, of his childhood, or even of his family. He'd never seen anyone like himself before.
Rumors of the Order of the Path have reached his ears and he has set out to find them, in the hope that they can see not only further down "the Path", but could also reveal details of his past.


"They seem to have a tight grip on Galder, the closer I traveled to this city, the more prevalent their presence has become... I don't care to see my path either, even if that were possible, I was merely hoping they could help me see my past somehow, but I don't know if it's wise to even approach them after today, at least not before learning as much as I can about them. Thank you for the information."

He looked at the cover of the book the orc was reading. He was surprised to discover he was a magician. Nearly all magicians Veles had seen before were fairly unfit, even orc shamans were different from their brethren and usually had a much more slender build, but this orc looked like a warrior in his own right, and that commended respect.
He offered a handshake.
"Veles."

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:13 pm 
Offline
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:25 pm
Posts: 7138
Location: Gensokyo
Yumiko, Lv 0.00 [Front]
HP 16/16
MP ■■
4-11 Dmg | +6 Hit | 18 AC
Steel halberd [ 1d8 Dmg | 2h ]
Leather cloak [ 2 AC ]
[Reveal] Spoiler: "Inventory & Status"
Items (2/7):
  • Longbow [ +2 Dmg ]
  • [50/50] Iron arrows [ 1d4 Dmg ]
  • ...
  • ...
  • ...
  • ...
  • ...

Spells (3/3):
  • Invigorate
    [Current: +10 HP]
    Restores [10 ± 1.5xWIL] HP for a single target.
  • Delusion
    [Current: -3 Hit for 2 turns, DG 12 vs. WIL]
    Forces all enemies to do a WIL check against a DG of [10 ± INT]. Every enemy that fails the check suffers a [3 ± WIL/2] Hit malus for [2 ± INT/3] turns.
  • Immobilize
    [Current: 2 turns, DG 10 vs. FOR]
    Forces all enemies to do a FOR check against a DG of [8 ± INT]. Every enemy that fails the check is paralyzed for [2 ± WIL/4] turns.

Abilities (115/120 AP)
  • Quick Strike [ 2 / 2 ] [ Active ] [ 30 AP ]
    As a minor action, Yumiko executes a normal physical attack with a -1 penalty to Hit and Dmg.
  • Finesse [ Passive ] [ 40 AP ]
    Yumiko relies on finesse instead of brute strength to hit her enemies where it really hurts.
    Increases damage dealt with physical attacks by DEX/2.
  • Caution [ Passive ] [ 25 AP ]
    Sometimes, it's a good idea to take things slowly to avoid getting hurt.
    Whenever Yumiko doesn't use her minor action during combat, she gains a +4 AGI bonus until she next gets a turn.
  • Soul Drain [ Passive ] [ 20 AP ]
    Whenever an enemy is KO'd, Yumiko passively absorbs some of its magical power and regains one MP.

Traits
  • Tainted Blood
    Yumiko is a demon. This doesn't make her inherently evil, but her physical and mental capabilities are a bit different than a human's.
    • She is nocturnal and can see very well in the dark.
    • She is a bit stronger than a normal human of her build would be, giving her +5 stat points.
    • Aside from HP recovery spells, she cannot learn any spells with effects directly beneficial to their target(s). If she attempts to do so anyway, the effects of the spell she learns are reversed - a buff becomes a debuff, for instance.
    • She has a low tolerance to heat. Heat- and fire-based attacks deal 50% more damage to her.
    • She has a very low natural recovery rate. The time she needs to recover HP and damaged modifiers via resting is tripled.

  • Wings
    Yumiko has a pair of large bat-like wings. These wings are fully functional - she can use them to fly if there's enough space.
    • Taking off into the air or landing back on the ground is a minor action. Yumiko cannot fly if there isn't enough room to do so, if her wings are injured or if she wears heavy armor.
    • While flying, Yumiko cannot be hit by melee attacks and fully ignores formations - she doesn't cover her team's cover row and can attack the enemy cover row in melee without provoking any checks. If she does attack in melee herself, she can be hit by any counter-attacks the target may be capable of using, however.
    • If Yumiko takes physical damage to her wings while flying, she has to make a FOR check against the amount of damage she took. If she fails the check, she plummets to the ground (possibly taking further damage by the impact) and cannot fly again until her wings have recovered from the injuries.
    However, this also means that she can only wear clothes and armor that have an opening on the back that she can fit her wings through. Cloaks on the other hand are fine.

Attributes:
+2 Strength
+5 Dexterity
+4 Agility
-3 Fortitude
+2 Intellect
±0 Willpower

HPMod: +1

Appearance:
- Somewhat short, slightly curly black hair
- Crimson red eyes
- 1.71m tall
- Pale skin
- Large black bat-like wings
- Orange shirt with red ruby-like buttons on it and collar in the same red color. The sleeves end in black frills. Has two small holes on the back for the wings.
- Short dark red skirt with a faint star pattern on it
- Wears a black silk pantyhose
- Black shoes
- Looks to be around 17 years old.


People, I'm wearing a cloak for a reason! Did you all roll 20s on your perception checks or what? :P

Yumiko fails to suppress a yawn while looking for a book with a title promising content about the Order of the Path. She should be asleep at this time... But this last public execution has finally sparked her interest. She doesn't care much for humans and their ways as long as they leave her alone, but something about this group people call 'the Order of the Path' seems... off. She doesn't want to get into trouble, but she needs something to do anyways - these last few weeks have been incredibly boring, especially considering she has trouble showing herself outside. The cloak hides her wings, but running around disguised like that is suspicious in itself.
And she can't really blame those humans for their curiosity, considering she shares it!

Suddenly, someone speaks up. Yumiko turns around to face a well-armed beastman - she's not sure what exactly he is, but it doesn't really matter. It doesn't surprise her that he's here for the same reason - the circumstances regarding that execution are just strange.
"You could be more discrete about it. But yes, anyone with half a brain should've noticed by now that something about this so-called Order of the Path is off. Very off."
She folds her arms.
"So what about it? You wanna peek your nose into the business of those humans?"
But during the flow of the conversation, it becomes clear that he, as well as the two other people that have gathered here, seem to be serious about it.
"You're a weird bunch."
She leans against the bookshelf behind her.
"Considering the influence of these people, you obviously wouldn't find a book detailing the truth about them and their dirty little secrets. What do you plan to do?"
She smiles at the beastman provokingly.
"You're in the mood for something a little more dangerous, aren't you?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:26 pm 
Offline
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:56 am
Posts: 7575
Location: Israel
Image
Veles, Lv 0.00 (Front)
HP 32/32
1d10+2 Dmg | +2 Hit | 13 AC
Bastard Sword [ 1d10 Dmg ]
Chain shirt [ +4 AC | Cap at +5 | -2 Mal ]
[Reveal] Spoiler: "Inventory & Status"
Items [ 1/9 ]:
- Food Ration
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Image
Abilities [ 0100/0125 AP ]:
  • Image Infantry [ Trait ] [ 00 AP ]
    Veles does not have MP, and cannot cast spells. Positive INT provides a bonus to hit, positive WILL provides a bonus to AC.
  • Image Carnivore [ Trait ] [ +15 AP ]
    Veles cannot gain benefit from food that isn't meat, or drink that is not water. Veles' beastly appearance may cause some people to react negatively to him (it is common for him to be mistaken for a gnoll). Additionally, due to his horns, Veles cannot wear helmets unless they were specifically fitted for him.

Image
> Swordmaster Aspect [ 000 AP ]:
  • Image Surge [ 1 / 1 ] [ Active ] [ 40 AP ]
    A powerful leap attack utilizing Veles' powerful hind leg muscles for added punch. This allows Veles to attack an enemy regardless of formation row for 150% normal damage. If the enemy is unaware of Veles' presence, this attack become a deadly assassination lounge, and its damage is instead maximized and then doubled.

Image
> Warlord Aspect [ 040 AP ]:
  • Image Warmachine [ Passive ] [ 40 AP ]
    Whenever an enemy is overkilled (sent below 0 HP) Veles' Hp is restored by half of that difference, rounded down.

Image
> Warden Aspect [ 060 AP ]:
  • Image Mentor [ Passive ] [ 60 AP ]
    Allies in Veles' party only pay 80% AP for learning combat-related abilities (Veles excluded).

Stats:
+4 Strength
-1 Dexterity
±0 Agility
+4 Fortitude
+1 Intellect
-3 Willpower

HPMod: +3

Image
Background:
Veles is a mercenary, a sword for hire. He's been that for the past 30 years, and it's all he knows...
Literally. He has no recollection of what was before, of his childhood, or even of his family. He'd never seen anyone like himself before.
Rumors of the Order of the Path have reached his ears and he has set out to find them, in the hope that they can see not only further down "the Path", but could also reveal details of his past.


Veles points his thumb at the sword hanging on his back.
"Maybe I am. I'm not a scholar or a politician."
He grins, exposing his fangs.
"Had something in mind?"

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:34 pm 
Offline
Protector (Senior Member)
Protector (Senior Member)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:46 pm
Posts: 8610
Location: Australia
< HP >---< MP >--< Pos. >---< Name >------
32/32 .|. 0/0 .|. Front .|. Veles
30/30 .|. 5/5 .|. Cover .|. Mulok
18/18 .|. 2/2 .|. Front .|. Yumiko
15/15 .|. 1/1 .|. Front .|. Red
-----------------------------------------------

Stop flirting with the beastman dude. :P



You continue to explore the library, loud at first but getting a handle on your volume. The air smells of old parchment, the atmopshere very intellectual as opposed to that of the group exploring it. The many spines of the many books are colourful and make the rich wood lining the bookcases very brilliant, creating a vivid image in general. It's quite obvious that the place is kept in excellent condition by whoever maintains it. Galder values its knowledge, it seems.
You wander into a section that starts to look older. The books are larger tomes, archaic.
Yumiko wanders up to one with a particularly outstanding red spine, inscribed with the words:
The Path -- A Study Analogy
You gather around, and the demonic girl starts reading in a hushed tone.
"The Path is something everyone has inside them. Everyone finds it through little tugging feelings at their consciousness, like when one feels good about having made a correct decision. That's the feeling of following one's Path. Often reports are given that people feel an uncanny sense of direction that they can't explain, and often not justify either. They're-"
"Oh, hello! We missed you entering. You must be here for the unveiling, no?"
She is cut off from her reading by a man robed in fur, silk and a lot of jewellery. His head has gone bald from age, but his voice could not be less passionate.
"Come, come, it's right this way! Can't blame you for getting a little lost in this wonderful world of knowledge."
He takes the book from Yumiko's hands, folds it up and places it back on the shelf. Some of the others who were apparently here for this 'unveiling' have trailed along after the man, and you're quickly assimilated into a crowd heading in the complete opposite direction to the section you had been looking for this whole time.

Perception checks [INT]
Veles: 1 + 18 = 19 vs 20 - Failure
Mulok: 5 + 14 = 19 vs 20 - Failure
Yumiko: 2 + 19 = 21 vs 20 - Success!
Red: 5 - 1 = 4 vs 20 - Epic fail. You dumbass. :D

[Reveal] Spoiler: "Yumiko"
You notice that there are men dressed in the garbs of guards here, solidly built and enforcing the direction of the crowd back to this apparent party. What could be going on...?


What will you do?

_________________
- Facebook: Trilby Girl -- Tumblr: trilbystumb -- Discord: Trilby#9851 -


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:05 pm 
Offline
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:59 pm
Posts: 1452
Location: The universe and all the other places too
Mulok, Lvl 0 Orc Pyromancer (Cover) -00-
=============================================
Image 30/30
Image 5/5
Image 0/7
Image 2d4+1, -3 Hit
- Quarterstaff - (1d4 Dmg, 2h, +1 Hit)
Image 03
- Fur Cloak - (01 AC)
- Bone Circlet - (00 AC [cosmetic])

[Reveal] Spoiler: "Inventory and Status"
Stuff:

Spells (3/6):
- Rain of Flame -
(Current : 6-14 base Dmg, +5-#targets base Hit vs. AGI)
Rains a volley of molten rock upon the target enemies.
[ AP] - Targets all enemies with a rain of fireballs, attacking all targets for 1d[4 ± WIL/2]+3 fire damage. Has a -[3 + #targets] penalty to Hit.

- Fireball -
(Current: 7-19 base Dmg, +5 base Hit vs. AGI)
Mulok creates a basic ball of fire that strikes his target.
[ AP] - Targets a single enemy, attacking for 2d[5 ± WIL/2]+5 fire damage. Normal accuracy.

- Burden -
(Current: 4 Turns, DG 16 vs. WIL)
Mulok creates a heavy magical force over the target, preventing them from taking action.
[ AP] - Forces the target to make a WIL check against a DG of [11 ± INT]. If it fails the check, it cannot act for [2 + WIL/2] turns.

Abilities:
- Impact -
(Passive)
Mulok has practiced for many years with powerful offensive spells and has learned how to make them more effective.
[25 AP] - Increases the damage of offensive multi-target spells by 50%.
[20 AP] - Increases the accuracy of offensive multi-target spells by +3.

- Ignite -
(Passive)
Mulok can ignite his foes with magical flame.
[20 AP] - Any offensive fire-based spells ignite the target, dealing 10% of the spells damage a turn for 5 turns.

- Focus -
(Passive)
Mulok can take a moment to focus his power during a battle, allowing him to restore his strength.
[20 AP] - On any turn that Mulok does not use his major action, he regains one spellpoint.

- Volley [2/2] -
(Active)
Mulok exhausts his strength to cast a volley of offensive spells in rapid succession.
[60 AP] - When used, casts [3] selected offensive spells in a row.

- Battlemage -
(Passive)
Mulok is unencumbered by negative penalties of armor when casting spells.
[10 AP] - Mulok is unaffected by negative penalties to spellcasting when using armor.

- Blackheart -
(Passive)
Mulok focuses his power solely on offensive magic and is talented with little else.
[+20 AP] - Mulok cannot use healing or buffing spells.

Stats:
Mettle: +2
Finesse: -5
Agility: -5
Endurance: +4
Intellect: +5
Willpower: +4

Info:
Ability Points: 15
HP Mod: +3

Appearance:
Before you stands a proud-standing, middle-aged orc. Tall and broad shouldered, it's clear that age has diminished his strength from previous years, yet he still stands tall and strong like an old warrior. His clothing is tribal, composed of a belted fur kilt, a heavy fur cloak, and a circlet of strung together bones and teeth which rests upon a bald head. Different from some orcs, the orc has dark, red-brown skin, red eyes, and large, jutting teeth from his jaw. The orc has a short, wide, braided black beard that covers the bottom of his face and a smug smile of superiority. While old, the man does not seem wise, and his thick, slanted eyebrows and narrowed eyes give a feeling of discomfort when passing the man...


Mulok returns the handshake.
"Mulok."

As the man gets them up, Mulok gets an uneasy feeling, given their previous discussion. An "unveiling?" They were reading books in the library like anyone else - there was no reason why they would want to go to something like this. He didn't know what would happen to their group of strangers, but he had himself to look after.
"No, I'm afraid I did not come here for any "unveiling." I have business to attend to, so excuse me, but I'm afraid I have to leave."
Mulok walks out from the crowd of people - using light force if need be, and quickly but quietly attempts to leave the library.

_________________
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:14 pm 
Offline
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:25 pm
Posts: 7138
Location: Gensokyo
Yumiko, Lv 0.00 [Front]
HP 16/16
MP ■■
4-11 Dmg | +6 Hit | 18 AC
Steel halberd [ 1d8 Dmg | 2h ]
Leather cloak [ 2 AC ]
[Reveal] Spoiler: "Inventory & Status"
Items (2/7):
  • Longbow [ +2 Dmg ]
  • [50/50] Iron arrows [ 1d4 Dmg ]
  • ...
  • ...
  • ...
  • ...
  • ...

Spells (3/3):
  • Invigorate
    [Current: +10 HP]
    Restores [10 ± 1.5xWIL] HP for a single target.
  • Delusion
    [Current: -3 Hit for 2 turns, DG 12 vs. WIL]
    Forces all enemies to do a WIL check against a DG of [10 ± INT]. Every enemy that fails the check suffers a [3 ± WIL/2] Hit malus for [2 ± INT/3] turns.
  • Immobilize
    [Current: 2 turns, DG 10 vs. FOR]
    Forces all enemies to do a FOR check against a DG of [8 ± INT]. Every enemy that fails the check is paralyzed for [2 ± WIL/4] turns.

Abilities (115/120 AP)
  • Quick Strike [ 2 / 2 ] [ Active ] [ 30 AP ]
    As a minor action, Yumiko executes a normal physical attack with a -1 penalty to Hit and Dmg.
  • Finesse [ Passive ] [ 40 AP ]
    Yumiko relies on finesse instead of brute strength to hit her enemies where it really hurts.
    Increases damage dealt with physical attacks by DEX/2.
  • Caution [ Passive ] [ 25 AP ]
    Sometimes, it's a good idea to take things slowly to avoid getting hurt.
    Whenever Yumiko doesn't use her minor action during combat, she gains a +4 AGI bonus until she next gets a turn.
  • Soul Drain [ Passive ] [ 20 AP ]
    Whenever an enemy is KO'd, Yumiko passively absorbs some of its magical power and regains one MP.

Traits
  • Tainted Blood
    Yumiko is a demon. This doesn't make her inherently evil, but her physical and mental capabilities are a bit different than a human's.
    • She is nocturnal and can see very well in the dark.
    • She is a bit stronger than a normal human of her build would be, giving her +5 stat points.
    • Aside from HP recovery spells, she cannot learn any spells with effects directly beneficial to their target(s). If she attempts to do so anyway, the effects of the spell she learns are reversed - a buff becomes a debuff, for instance.
    • She has a low tolerance to heat. Heat- and fire-based attacks deal 50% more damage to her.
    • She has a very low natural recovery rate. The time she needs to recover HP and damaged modifiers via resting is tripled.

  • Wings
    Yumiko has a pair of large bat-like wings. These wings are fully functional - she can use them to fly if there's enough space.
    • Taking off into the air or landing back on the ground is a minor action. Yumiko cannot fly if there isn't enough room to do so, if her wings are injured or if she wears heavy armor.
    • While flying, Yumiko cannot be hit by melee attacks and fully ignores formations - she doesn't cover her team's cover row and can attack the enemy cover row in melee without provoking any checks. If she does attack in melee herself, she can be hit by any counter-attacks the target may be capable of using, however.
    • If Yumiko takes physical damage to her wings while flying, she has to make a FOR check against the amount of damage she took. If she fails the check, she plummets to the ground (possibly taking further damage by the impact) and cannot fly again until her wings have recovered from the injuries.
    However, this also means that she can only wear clothes and armor that have an opening on the back that she can fit her wings through. Cloaks on the other hand are fine.

Attributes:
+2 Strength
+5 Dexterity
+4 Agility
-3 Fortitude
+2 Intellect
±0 Willpower

HPMod: +1

Appearance:
- Somewhat short, slightly curly black hair
- Crimson red eyes
- 1.71m tall
- Pale skin
- Large black bat-like wings
- Orange shirt with red ruby-like buttons on it and collar in the same red color. The sleeves end in black frills. Has two small holes on the back for the wings.
- Short dark red skirt with a faint star pattern on it
- Wears a black silk pantyhose
- Black shoes
- Looks to be around 17 years old.


"I want to know how they operate. We could fake evidence for a murder and see if they act upon it."
As they venture further into the library, Yumiko finally notices a book about the Path. What explanation have they come up with? She takes the book and reads it in a hushed tone so that only the others and no unwanted guests would hear it.
"The Path is something everyone has inside them. Everyone finds it through little tugging feelings at their consciousness, like when one feels good about having made a correct decision. That's the feeling of following one's Path. Often reports are given that people feel an uncanny sense of direction that they can't explain, and often not justify either. They're-"
Suddenly, a bald old man cuts her off, and he couldn't possibly be less passionate about it. An 'unveiling'? Could he possibly be any more cryptic about it?
"Actually-"
But he cuts her off again and takes the book from her, and she can't avoid getting pushed away from this section of the library by the crowd following him towards this so-called 'unveiling'. What's more, there are guards here, enforcing the direction they're going in - whatever is going on, she doesn't like it. And she surely isn't gonna play along to find out what it is.
She discreetly attempts to make it out of the crowd and take her leave, trying to avoid getting noticed by the guards.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:36 pm 
Offline
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:56 am
Posts: 7575
Location: Israel
Image
Veles, Lv 0.00 (Front)
HP 32/32
1d10+2 Dmg | +2 Hit | 13 AC
Bastard Sword [ 1d10 Dmg ]
Chain shirt [ +4 AC | Cap at +5 | -2 Mal ]
[Reveal] Spoiler: "Inventory & Status"
Items [ 1/9 ]:
- Food Ration
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Image
Abilities [ 0100/0125 AP ]:
  • Image Infantry [ Trait ] [ 00 AP ]
    Veles does not have MP, and cannot cast spells. Positive INT provides a bonus to hit, positive WILL provides a bonus to AC.
  • Image Carnivore [ Trait ] [ +15 AP ]
    Veles cannot gain benefit from food that isn't meat, or drink that is not water. Veles' beastly appearance may cause some people to react negatively to him (it is common for him to be mistaken for a gnoll). Additionally, due to his horns, Veles cannot wear helmets unless they were specifically fitted for him.

Image
> Swordmaster Aspect [ 000 AP ]:
  • Image Surge [ 1 / 1 ] [ Active ] [ 40 AP ]
    A powerful leap attack utilizing Veles' powerful hind leg muscles for added punch. This allows Veles to attack an enemy regardless of formation row for 150% normal damage. If the enemy is unaware of Veles' presence, this attack become a deadly assassination lounge, and its damage is instead maximized and then doubled.

Image
> Warlord Aspect [ 040 AP ]:
  • Image Warmachine [ Passive ] [ 40 AP ]
    Whenever an enemy is overkilled (sent below 0 HP) Veles' Hp is restored by half of that difference, rounded down.

Image
> Warden Aspect [ 060 AP ]:
  • Image Mentor [ Passive ] [ 60 AP ]
    Allies in Veles' party only pay 80% AP for learning combat-related abilities (Veles excluded).

Stats:
+4 Strength
-1 Dexterity
±0 Agility
+4 Fortitude
+1 Intellect
-3 Willpower

HPMod: +3

Image
Background:
Veles is a mercenary, a sword for hire. He's been that for the past 30 years, and it's all he knows...
Literally. He has no recollection of what was before, of his childhood, or even of his family. He'd never seen anyone like himself before.
Rumors of the Order of the Path have reached his ears and he has set out to find them, in the hope that they can see not only further down "the Path", but could also reveal details of his past.


When the girl explained her idea, Veles was inclined to go along for the sake of curiosity, but then after contemplating for a brief moment, nods negatively.
"But if they did, we would need a scapegoat to be the alleged murderer. No one would agree to that, and if we drop it on some random person, we'd be no better than these freaks."
Something about her presence gave him a rush of adrenaline. He wasn't sure if that was a good sign or his senses firing off a warning.

Then they come across a useful book, but are interrupted and dragged into some side show they have no business in. The others are just starting to leave. Veles had no intention of staying either. He probably couldn't leave discretely, given how he looks, but then again, maybe he didn't need to be discreet. He begins walking out of the gathering, using his large frame and appearance as a point of intimidation to make way for himself within the crowd, bearing his fangs if his eyes cross those of a guard.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:12 am 
Offline
Rust Eater (Senior Member)
Rust Eater (Senior Member)
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:37 am
Posts: 3625
Location: Australia
Image
    Red, Lv 0.00 (Front)
    HP 15/15
    MP
    2d6+1 Dmg | 4 Hit | 18 AC
    Two-handed Sword [ 2d6 Dmg ]
    Studded Leather Armour [ 3 AC | Cap at +6 | -1 Mal ]
    [Reveal] Spoiler: "Inventory & Status"
    Items (2/8):
    - Red Rose
    - Lockpick

    Skills ( 60 / 90 AP):
    • Fatal Blow [ 2 / 2 ] [ Use ] [ 60 AP ]
      Red aims for the enemy's vital body parts in order to deal double the damage he would normally do.

    Abilities ( 30 / 90 AP):
    • Critical Hit [ Passive ] [ 30 AP ]
      If Red gets a 20 on his attack roll, he will deal double the damage with his strike.

    Spells:
    • Sluggish [ 1 / 1 MP ] [ MP Use ]
      Reduces a single enemy's AC by 4 for 2 turns.
      [(4+Int+Wil/2) for Wil + 2]

    Stats:
    +3 Strength
    +3 Dexterity
    +4 Agility
    -4 Fortitude
    -1 Intellect
    ±0 Willpower

    HPMod: +1

    Appearance:
    Image

    Story:
    You currently know nothing about Red.

Red listens closely to the conversation between the group and decides not to speak so not to further embarass himself. He listens closely as they discuss their opinions on the Order and when the strange girl is cut off speaking by the bald man, Red tries to follow the others to the exit, pushing himself through the crowd. The whole situation felt way too unreal to make sense and it seemed more like a trap than it should be. Red sticks to following the beastman for now.

_________________
Image
This signature picture has been cropped to fit the size limit.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Get Egoboo at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads