[RP] The Twilight Project - Characters and Talk

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

[RP] The Twilight Project - Characters and Talk

Post by Shade »

First, please post the sheets for your main characters here. Sheets for major NPCs are also allowed, but not required. The sheets are only there to provide general info about your character at the beginning, and do not need to be updated even if character development occurs.

I'll include all of our character sheets in this post for convenience. All important info that we've learned about will be summarized in the second post to help everyone keep track of what's going on everywhere in the game.

Here's a template for your character sheets:
Spoiler: Template
[code]Name: In the order [first name] [surname]. Note that it's perfectly plausible for a character of low birth to not have a surname.
Weapon preference: Preferred type of weapon(s). Note that this does not necessarily have to be among the weapons your character will actually be using. "Magic" is a valid choice, but please specify what kind of magic if you do choose it.
Appearance: As detailed as possible, please. Things that should definitely be covered are:
- clothing (again, as detailed as possible, please)
- height
- skin
- hair style and color
- eye color
...as well as anything else notable.
Personality: What your character likes, dislikes, common reactions to various things, general attitude, fears, stuff like that. Whether your character tends to be a lovable coward, a jerkass with a heart of gold, a crybaby, a lovable, funny, sweet person, or whatever, it should be written here. Note that while you should try to stay true to your character's personality, it's perfectly possible for their personality to change over time (or even rather suddenly if something drastic happens). It's called character development.[/code]
Adding your character's backstory and past to the sheet is not necessary, as things like these can be revealed and talked about during the story itself, and in fact are valuable pieces of narration.

General rules (for the sake of having them here):
  • No powerplay. I trust that you're reasonable and don't make a demi-god that can single-handedly wipe out an army without getting a scratch. Your character is not perfect and will not always succeed at everything. This also means no clearvoyance.
  • As usual, try to be active. If you know you'll be absent for a while, let the other players know.
  • In order to avoid getting ninja'd / ninja-ing other people, please post something like "I'm gonna post now" or something along those lines in the game thread, and then edit that to what you actually wanted to post.
  • You're free to control NPCs whenever you deem it appropriate, even if someone else first introduced them (unless you're explicitely told that they want you to leave that NPC alone, e. g. because they had something special in mind for it). However, if they've already been given a personality, please try to stay true to it.

As far as the story is concerned, I'll be writing a huge-ass wall of text for the first actual game post that not only covers my own character's introduction, but also that of the world and maybe some important NPCs. I'll keep it very flexible, though, so whatever you come up with for your characters should work as long as you yourselves like it.

Weapon preference: None. Has some very basic knowledge of dark magic, but hasn't used it much up until now.
Appearance: Short-to-medium-length curly lavender hair with a red hairband. Normal skin color. Emerald-green eyes. Not very tall; roughly 1.50m. Rather flat-chested. Wears a light blue shirt with a golden crescent moon on it near the heart, as well as a short purple skirt decorated with a faint red flower pattern near the bottom. Wears short brown boots.
Personality: Curious, clever and polite, but is perfectly capable of answering rudeness with rudeness. Tends to be quite emotional. Is afraid of fire, and usually becomes pretty unreasonable when in panic. Loathes people who treat animals badly.
Spoiler: Agent of Dread
Name: Ashley Kennsford
Weapon preference: Crossbows or throwing weapons, otherwise hand-to-hand/martial arts.
Appearance: Ashley is about 175cm (185 with her boots), or 5' 10"/6' 2" tall. She is a regular Caucasian with free-flowing blonde hair that is fairly straight although curls somewhat at the ends. Her eyes are a deep blue, and she's fairly fit, with a good figure. She's rather well-endowed. Basically, she's considered to be quite an attractive girl. She wears a golden-yellow sleeveless vest with her family's crest over where the heart would be if it was buttoned up. Underneath is a black undershirt with a somewhat-low neckline and half-forearm length, with her midriff also bared. She wears a thick leather belt holding up tight brown-khaki pants over which are worn dark leather string-up high-heeled boots that come up to about the three-quarter line of her lower leg.
Personality: Ashley is fun-loving and energetic, attempting to enjoy herself no matter what she's doing... to an extent. She has a curious habit of insisting on correctly greeting someone before she talks to them, and can never continue a conversation for any amount of time without putting a 'hello' or 'greetings' in. She doesn't mind a bit of casual romance from time to time, often using her appearance to entice some similarly-attractive men at taverns and bars. She also has quite a sweet-tooth, enjoying a nice dessert most nights. She dislikes people talking ill of her, her family and her close friends, and will intervene in somebody else's conversation if she picks up on this. Her particular fear is not being able to make the world see the good of her family and their image before she dies, and she won't give up on living until she can make that happen. She's quite collected and composed in the face of danger, although the threat of immense pain and the lack of being able to do anything about it terrifies her.
Spoiler: Cimeries
Name: Dr. Andrew Remington
Weapon preference: Unarmed Combat.
Appearance: White male, about 1.8m tall. His facial features are sharp and rigid. He sports slicked black hair and a full, neat beard, both with deep streaks of silvery gray. He wears a dark gray suit and pants over a clean, white linen shirt. His back is wide for his frame and his shoulders are long and angular, and bulge out slightly from under his attire. His default facial expression is a deep, stern gaze.
Personality: Remington is a doctor of medicine, his specialty is paramedics, the treatment of superficial wounds, deep cuts and bone fractures. He is quiet and analytical, and able to work under pressure. He was a budding boxer in his youth, and follows the adage "Mens sana in corpore sano", a sound mind in a sound body, making sure to stay physically fit so as to always have the ability to perform his work, even at his approaching old age. Having seen many wounds in the line of his work, he does not condone violence, and tries to avoid it at all costs.

Last edited by Shade on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:39 am, edited 6 times in total.
Shade

Re: [RP] The Twilight Project - Characters and Talk

Post by Shade »

• The events up to this point
01. The country is in war. King Loring, the defender, was caught by surprise and is suffering crushing defeats at every front. He has an ace, but he refuses to consider using it, reasoning that it would render everything they fought for up to that point a waste.
02. Ashley and all girls of a certain village were taken prisoner in a bandit attack. The village has been pillaged and burned, and everyone except the girls has been killed. The latter were meant to be taken to a "client" who wanted to have his fun torturing them to death, but due to Ashley's sharp skills and determination and some help from Alice's novice magic, they and ten other girls managed to escape with their lives. They're headed to their village now.
03. The capital has fallen. King Loring, realizing that his army has been defeated, reluctantly decides to start up the "Twilight Project".
04. As expected, the village is in ruins. Alice is overcome with grief and only leaves after having given her mother a proper burial with Ashley's help. She takes up Ashley's offer to tag along for a while.
05. The next village they arrive at has been taken by the invaders, and they refuse to grant the girls shelter. Unable to do anything against them, they reluctantly leave, heading for Ashley's hometown next.
06. Having arrived at Garith, they are finally granted shelter, though Ashley is disliked by the townsfolk for both her family name and her past behaviour. Nevertheless, her family's mansion is intact, giving the group something that can be called a home for the time being. Yet despite everyone pretending to be fine to the outside, they're actually having a hard time.
Last edited by Shade on Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Name: Alice Lenney
Weapon preference: None. Has some very basic knowledge of dark magic, but hasn't used it much up until now.
Appearance: Short-to-medium-length curly lavender hair with a red hairband. Normal skin color. Emerald-green eyes. Not very tall; roughly 1.50m. Rather flat-chested. Wears a light blue shirt with a golden crescent moon on it near the heart, as well as a short purple skirt decorated with a faint red flower pattern near the bottom. Wears short brown boots.
Personality: Curious, clever and polite, but is perfectly capable of answering rudeness with rudeness. Tends to be quite emotional. Is afraid of fire, and usually becomes pretty unreasonable when in panic. Loathes people who treat animals badly.
Last edited by Shade on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Name: Ashley Kennsford
Weapon preference: Crossbows or throwing weapons, otherwise hand-to-hand/martial arts.
Spoiler: Appearance and Personality
Appearance: Ashley is about 175cm (185 with her boots), or 5' 10"/6' 2" tall. She is a regular Caucasian with free-flowing blonde hair that is fairly straight although curls somewhat at the ends. Her eyes are a deep blue, and she's fairly fit, with a good figure. She's rather well-endowed. Basically, she's considered to be quite an attractive girl. She wears a golden-yellow sleeveless vest with her family's crest over where the heart would be if it was buttoned up. Underneath is a black undershirt with a somewhat-low neckline and half-forearm length, with her midriff also bared. She wears a thick leather belt holding up tight brown-khaki pants over which are worn dark leather string-up high-heeled boots that come up to about the three-quarter line of her lower leg.
Personality: Ashley is fun-loving and energetic, attempting to enjoy herself no matter what she's doing... to an extent. She has a curious habit of insisting on correctly greeting someone before she talks to them, and can never continue a conversation for any amount of time without putting a 'hello' or 'greetings' in. She doesn't mind a bit of casual romance from time to time, often using her appearance to entice some similarly-attractive men at taverns and bars. She also has quite a sweet-tooth, enjoying a nice dessert most nights. She dislikes people talking ill of her, her family and her close friends, and will intervene in somebody else's conversation if she picks up on this. Her particular fear is not being able to make the world see the good of her family and their image before she dies, and she won't give up on living until she can make that happen. She's quite collected and composed in the face of danger, although the threat of immense pain and the lack of being able to do anything about it terrifies her.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Shade

Post by Shade »

Very nice! :D
And very detailed, too!
Now we just need to wait for octagon. And pf5234 if he's playing?
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I got really lucky with the RNG in my brain and an actually good motive and story rolled off my head. :D
Shade

Post by Shade »

Well, not quite as huge-ass of a wall of text as I thought, but I think it covers everything important.
Let's go, shall we?

And octagon, pf, just join in as soon as you feel like it.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

So I'm one of the captive girls too?
Shade

Post by Shade »

No, I actually didn't plan you to be. You can show up and do whatever you want in your first post if you feel like it, but you can also show up somewhere else and leave me be for now. It's your character, so it's your choice. :)
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

It's gonna take me a while to get into the idea of no GMs, and me being able to write the actions of characters other than me. :P
Shade

Post by Shade »

Awww. You removed your compliment. :<

Anyway, you'll get used to it, don't worry. ; )

EDIT: Oh, and you don't need to include your character sheet in the game thread. :)
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I guess that makes sense in accordance with what I was discussing earlier. About the compliment, I still think it true, and that's what matters. :P
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

Right now I absolutely lack a distinct idea, and I'm pretty sure no one wants a character without any personality whatsoever. Since I don't really have a concept, I will "build" one using various more differentiated personality alignment scales... a character created this way will probably turn out quite wooden, but well, it's better than nothing.
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

I'm gonna skip this one.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Assuming that they don't actually intend to kill you, either you do something or the bandits do whatever, and when they come back in I make a show was my idea. :o