[PnP] The Rebellion (Talk)

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Re: [PnP] The Rebellion (Talk)

Post by Shade »

Ditto wrote:The idea with infusion was that I give up 1 MP + a minor action or just a major action and the target gets an extra major action, no drawbacks.
Ok, but that's what I don't want.
Ditto wrote:With that said, is it acceptable for it to be 1 MP + a major action or 2 MP + a minor action?
Yeah, that'd be fine. That'll also lower the AP cost to 25.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Lucy only needs skills now, and a picture and sheet colours. Shouldn't be too much longer.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Shade

Post by Shade »

Actually, before we start the game - I've been wondering if it might be a good idea to change the MP system to that of Blazing Wind instead (meaning that INT/WIS are both worth multiple MP per point, MP cost [and thus strength] for spells is variable and a standard spell costs 5 MP)? What do you guys think? I've been having a bit of trouble making all spells equally useful, but if I could just adjust the MP cost accordingly, slight differences in usefulness wouldn't be as bad (and I'd be able to give Ditto his low-cost attacking spell).
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

I prefer the current system myself. It works the same in DnD; all spell use up 1 slot, but some are just better overall, while others are only useful depending on the situation.

You can use this: http://www.thegm.org/perramsSpellbook.php if you need spell ideas (untick "Select Individual Spells?" before generating). There should be at least a few hundred of them there.
:wink:
Shade

Post by Shade »

I'll be gone for a few days, by the way; my hard drive is about to die and I need to get it replaced. I should be back online in three days at worst.
Ditto
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)

Post by Ditto »

kk bai bai
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/
Shade

Post by Shade »

Back.
AoD, still no character?
And I guess octy isn't joining this one?
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I figured whether I posted her or not wouldn't matter since you weren't here. :P

Lucy, level 0 [0]
Elven Exorcist

HP: 26/26
MP: 03/03

2-9 Dmg | +5 Hit | 12 AC

Weapon: Longsword [1d8 dmg, +2 Hit]
Armour: Cloaked cuirass [6 AC]
Spoiler: Inventory and Stuff
Inventory [0/7]
-

Abilities
Imbue [Active]
When used, Lucy's standard attacks for the next two turns always hit, do two extra damage, and always use their highest possible roll.

Purge [Active]
When used, Lucy's next attack must hit and it deals an extra five damage and consumes up to 5 of the enemy's MP.

Redirect [Sustained]
When Lucy is in this state, any magical damage done to her is nought, and half of it is added to the damage of her next attack. However she cannot dodge physical attacks in this state, and takes an extra 2 damage from them. If the attack misses the magic boost is lost. For 1 MP Lucy can activate this state in response to a magical attack and gain the benefits accordingly.

Exorcist [Passive]
Lucy does an extra 2 damage against demons, the undead, malicious spirits and the like.

Stats
STR: +2
DEX: +2
AGI: -5
FOR: +2
INT: +2
WIL: +2

Mod: +2
Spell limit: 3
AP: 120

Backstory/personality/description
Before you stands a lady of about twenty-six years. When only nine of them had passed, she was living peacefully with her mother and father at the edge of a small elven settlement. One day, the house was approached by an entity without physical form, the soul of a demon. Wasting no time in beginning to cause malice, it possessed the body of her father and begun to wreak havoc on both Lucy and her mother. Before much damage could be caused, a demonslayer that had been tracking the soul approached, clutching various wounds on his body. He entered the house, grabbed Lucy's shoulder, and breathed out his last breath, into her. She was immediately empowered by a strange light, one that the demon seemed to detest and cower from. It attempted to escape again, but Lucy had gained resolve. She quickly pursued the demon and her newfound power manifested itsef, and before her eyes she had slain a demon. Later, as she grew, she would often find herself called upon to exorcise haunted people, remove demonic presences, and many other sorts of these jobs. Once she was ready to leave her home, it became a full-time occupation. She now travels and purges any ill-intending presence she finds, for the greater good. She generally only falters when she has to kill a person to get the demon. She really doesn't like killing people.
Lucy has a bold personality. She's generally positive, but normally not energetic as such, confident in herself and good with other people. She has lead a couple of groups in the past, and things usually go well with her in charge, which she takes as a good indication of her leadership skills when it comes to it. She hates to see people die, where it can be avoided, but does understand that sometimes it has to be done.
She is fairly tall, has green eyes, straw blonde shoulder-length hair which is parted from the middle of her forehead and which curls in and outwards under her chin. Like all elves her ears are pointed, and they poke out from behind her bangs. She is rather fit-figured and is usually adorned by a chestplate, gauntlets, boots, a grey silk shirt and khaki pants. On top of this she wears a hooded cloak and keeps her trusty longsword at her hip.
Last edited by Agent of Dread on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Oh I can see the philo-moral arguments coming already. I will pwn joo. :mrgreen:
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

It also seems like we have two potential leader characters. This will be interesting. :)
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Where? I don't see any.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I just assumed that since he leads that tribe, your dude was, and I sort of designed Lucy's persona with a leader in mind.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

He doesn't lead the tribe. He's just one of the local funky voodoo dudes.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Agent of Dread wrote:I figured whether I posted her or not wouldn't matter since you weren't here. :P
Well, I could've spent that post APing your character already instead of asking for it to be posted, but whatever. :?
Agent of Dread wrote:Weapon: Longsword [1d8 dmg, +2 Hit]
Longswords don't have a Hit bonus.
Agent of Dread wrote:Armour: Cloaked cuirass [6 AC][/size]
No.
Choose one:
- Studded leather armor [ 3 AC | Cap at +6 | -1 Mal ]
- Chainmail [ 5 AC | Cap at +2 | -4 Mal ]
You can wear a cloak over those if you want, it just doesn't add any bonus.
Agent of Dread wrote:Imbue [Active]
When used, Lucy's standard attacks for the next two turns always hit, do two extra damage, and always use their highest possible roll.
50 AP for 2 uses.
35 AP if it can still miss and just gets a +3 Hit bonus instead (and the "highest possible roll" only applies to the damage roll, not to the hit roll).
Agent of Dread wrote:Purge [Active]
When used, Lucy's next attack must hit and it deals an extra five damage and consumes up to 5 of the enemy's MP.
Why do all these attacks have to be unmissable?
50 AP for 2 uses.
40 AP if it can still miss and just gets a +3 Hit bonus instead.
Agent of Dread wrote:Redirect [Sustained]
When Lucy is in this state, any magical damage done to her is nought, and half of it is added to the damage of her next attack. However she cannot dodge physical attacks in this state, and takes an extra 2 damage from them. If the attack misses the magic boost is lost. For 1 MP Lucy can activate this state in response to a magical attack and gain the benefits accordingly.
I'm not gonna interrupt enemy turns all the time to ask you whether you want to activiate this ability. Other than that, interesting.
Without the "can be activiated in enemy turns for 1 MP" part, 40 AP.
Agent of Dread wrote:Exorcist [Passive]
Lucy does an extra 2 damage against demons, the undead, malicious spirits and the like.
20 AP.

I like the utter irony of an elf with -5 agility.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Lucy
Level 0 [0] Elven Exorcist

HP: 26/26
MP: 03/03
Imbue: 2/2
Purge: 2/2

2-9 Dmg | +3 Hit | 09 AC

Weapon: Longsword [1-8 dmg]
Armour: Studded leather armour [3 AC | Cap at +6 | -1 Mal]
Spoiler: Inventory and Stuff
Inventory [0/7]
-

Abilities
> Imbue [Uses: 2]
[Active] [35 AP]
When used, Lucy's standard attacks for the next two turns have a +3, do two extra damage, and always use their highest possible roll.

> Purge [Uses: 2]
[Active] [40 AP]
When used, Lucy's next attack has a +3 to hit, deals an extra five damage and consumes up to 5 of the enemy's MP.

> Redirect
[Sustained] [40 AP]
When Lucy is in this state, any magical damage done to her is nought, and half of it is added to the damage of her next attack. However she cannot dodge physical attacks in this state, and takes an extra 2 damage from them. If the attack misses the magic boost is lost.

Spells
[*]Leech
[Current: 2d6+2 dmg | +0 Hit vs. WIL]
The caster uses vile magic to directly rip off some of his target's life force and uses it to replenish his own. Deals [2d6 ± WIL] damage to the target and restores the caster's HP by half of that amount. This spell has a -2 malus to Hit.

[*]Despair
[Current: -3 malus for 3 turns | -1 Hit vs. WIL]
The caster manipulates the target's will to fight, causing it to lose its resolve for as long as the spell lasts. The target suffers a - 2+[WIL/2] malus to all of his rolls (including damage rolls) for 2+[INT/2] turns. This spell has a -3 malus to Hit.

Stats
STR: +2
DEX: +2
AGI: -5
FOR: +2
INT: +2
WIL: +2

Mod: +2
Spell limit: 3
AP: 5

Backstory/personality/description
Before you stands a lady of about twenty-six years. When only nine of them had passed, she was living peacefully with her mother and father at the edge of a small elven settlement. One day, the house was approached by an entity without physical form, the soul of a demon. Wasting no time in beginning to cause malice, it possessed the body of her father and begun to wreak havoc on both Lucy and her mother. Before much damage could be caused, a demonslayer that had been tracking the soul approached, clutching various wounds on his body. He entered the house, grabbed Lucy's shoulder, and breathed out his last breath, into her. She was immediately empowered by a strange light, one that the demon seemed to detest and cower from. It attempted to escape again, but Lucy had gained resolve. She quickly pursued the demon and her newfound power manifested itsef, and before her eyes she had slain a demon. Later, as she grew, she would often find herself called upon to exorcise haunted people, remove demonic presences, and many other sorts of these jobs. Once she was ready to leave her home, it became a full-time occupation. She now travels and purges any ill-intending presence she finds, for the greater good. She generally only falters when she has to kill a person to get the demon. She really doesn't like killing people.
Lucy has a bold personality. She's generally positive, but normally not energetic as such, confident in herself and good with other people. She has lead a couple of groups in the past, and things usually go well with her in charge, which she takes as a good indication of her leadership skills when it comes to it. She hates to see people die, where it can be avoided, but does understand that sometimes it has to be done.
She is fairly tall, has green eyes, straw blonde shoulder-length hair which is parted from the middle of her forehead and which curls in and outwards under her chin. Like all elves her ears are pointed, and they poke out from behind her bangs. She is rather fit-figured and is usually adorned by a chestplate, gauntlets, boots, a grey silk shirt and khaki pants. On top of this she wears a hooded cloak and keeps her trusty longsword at her hip.

Okay, I updated her.
As for spells, can I get a HP vampire spell and a debuff?
Last edited by Agent of Dread on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:18 am, edited 4 times in total.