[PnP] The Rebellion (Talk)

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Ditto
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)

Re: [PnP] The Rebellion (Talk)

Post by Ditto »

Two potential leaders? Considering the backstory for my character and that he's a bitter middle-aged dwarf with experience as a politician, I can't really imagine him being led around by a 26 year old elf exorcist woman.
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Orgeus - , Lvl 1 Dwarf Cleric (Front) -00-
======================================================
Image 17/17
Image 5/5
Image 1/1
Image ?-??, +? Hit
- Musket - [ 3d3+3 Dmg | 2h | 20/20 | requires a minor action to reload after each shot ]
Image 10/12
- Silk Robe - (01 AC)
Spoiler: Inventory and Status
Stuff (2/2):
- Bottle of Ale
- Broken Holy Symbol

Spells (3/6):
- Light Orb [ MP] -
Current - 3d4 + 10 HP
Orgeus releases an orb of benevolent light at an ally.
[ --] - Heals one ally for [1±WIL/2]d4 +[5±WIL] HP.

- Barrier -
Current - 3 AC for 5 turns
Orgeus protects himself with a shield of light.
[ --] - Increases AC by 1+[WIL/3] for 3±[INT/2] turns. Can be used on any ally.

- Smite -
Current - 2d4+5 Dmg, +10 Hit
Orgeus turns light into a solid form and smashes it into the enemy.
[ --] - Deals 2d4+[WIL] damage to a single enemy, with a +5 hit bonus.

Abilities:
- Repair (Untaken) -
(Passive)
Orgeus knows about the structure of machines, and thus can affect their workings with the aid of magic.
- Orgeus can repair machinery and contraptions with healing spells, and allies can also do so as long as he is present and able to advise them.
- Orgeus deals double damage to machinery and contraptions with offensive spells, and allies can also do so as long as he is present and able to advise them.
- [30 AP]

- Potshot [2/2]-
(Active)
Orgeus takes a quick shot that allows him to still tend to injured allies.
- When used, Orgeus can attack with a ranged attack that takes up only a minor action.
- Hits with this attack interrupt any action taken by that enemy on that turn.
- [40 AP]

- Cover -
(Sustained)
Orgeus is past his prime, and knows how to hide in cover and let others take the hits.
- Orgeus gains 2 AC in the cover row.
- [20 AP]

- Affinity -
(Passive)
Orgeus has an affinity for healing magic, and is more effective while using it.
- Orgeus gains 25/50% extra healing using healing spells.
- [25 AP]

- Infusion -
(Active)
Orgeus infuses the target with energy, allowing them to perform additional actions.
- Gives the target an additional action on that turn.
- Uses either 2 MP and a minor action or 1 MP and a major action. Using the spell twice a turn increases the cost by an additional mana point on top of the original.
- [25 AP]

- Serenity -
(Sustainable)
Orgeus can rest himself in order to restore his strength.
- Orgeus regains [1] MP on any turn on which he doesn't take a major action.
- [40 AP]

Stats:
Strength: -3
Dexterity: +3
Agility: -5
Fortitude: +0
Intellect: +5
Willpower: +5

Info:
Ability Points: 0
Base Attack: (1d3, +1 Hit)
HP Modifier: 1

Story and Appearance:
A heavyset, middle-aged dwarf, Orgeus is a man far past his prime, and not happy about it. He wears a horned, golden plated helm that represents his status- or former status- and dons a fine-crafted outfit that is a mix of fine white and red cloth, over which he wears a robe of chainmail. Despite not having yet reached an elderly age, Orgeus's long, tied beard is gray, and Orgeus's skin is pale and heavy from years indoors. Orgeus has a tired expression on his face, with drooping eyes and thick eyebrows. A pocketed belt on his waste carries nothing but a bottle of ale in a satchel at his side, a fine-tuned and well-crafted musket that shows signs of age, and the unchained end of a broken holy symbol that dangles out of a pocket. Orgeus's sad expression often seems bitter, but is betrayed at times by moments of silent happiness and the wisdom that he shares. He walks with a slouch, as if the weight of the world is on his shoulders.

Orgeus was once a prominent government official, but after unknown tragic circumstances led to a bout of severe depression, Orgeus took up the habit of drinking and badmouthing other senators. Wanting him removed from office, but fearing firing him merely for insults would cause public outcry, officials set him up for a scandal that led to him getting a warrant for an arrest and him having to escape the country. Angry with the corrupt political system, Orgeus wants a change, and is willing to make that happen himself.
Forgot to post my character earlier. I like the way he turned out with the base AP, and hopefully I'll be able to retake some abilities I didn't before.

By the way, is the base hit of my Smite spell affected by my INT and WIL, or is the spell hit locked at 5?

EDIT: Also, lol at the elf being the only one in our party with positive strength.
Last edited by Ditto on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

Agent of Dread wrote:As for spells, can I get a HP vampire spell and a debuff?
Are you sure you only want two spells? With +2 INT, you could have three.

[*]Leech
[Current: 2d6+2 dmg | +0 Hit vs. WIL]
The caster uses vile magic to directly rip off some of his target's life force and uses it to replenish his own. Deals [2d6 ± WIL] damage to the target and restores the caster's HP by half of that amount. This spell has a -2 malus to Hit.

[*]Despair
[Current: -3 malus for 3 turns | -1 Hit vs. WIL]
The caster manipulates the target's will to fight, causing it to lose its resolve for as long as the spell lasts. The target suffers a - 2+[WIL/2] malus to all of his rolls (including damage rolls) for 2+[INT/2] turns. This spell has a -3 malus to Hit.

@Ditto: You still only have 5 MP currently. ;/

The Hit bonus for Smite is in addition to whatever bonus you receive from your INT. So with your +5 INT, you actually have +10 Hit in total when casting this spell. (Generally, INT makes spells more accurate and causes them to last longer while WIL makes them more effective.)
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Some ability ideas:

Mutagen: Magical poison from Soren's spells or Haunts ignores enemy resistances.

Hermetics: Soren can create a special augmenting liquid agent from bone marrow. The agent can be added once to any potion, making it an augmented potion, increasing all of its effects by 50%. 1 Corpse is required to make 1 vial of Hermetic Agent.

Displace Poison [3/3]: Soren can transfer up to a total of [INT]x2 delayed poison damage from one target to another. (Including the dead.)
:wink:
Shade

Post by Shade »

Cimeries wrote:Mutagen: Magical poison from Soren's spells or Haunts ignores enemy resistances.
Why not just make it a different / completely neutral damage type, then?
Cimeries wrote:Hermetics: Soren can create a special augmenting liquid agent from bone marrow. The agent can be added once to any potion, making it an augmented potion, increasing all of its effects by 50%. 1 Corpse is required to make 1 vial of Hermetic Agent.
25 AP.
Cimeries wrote:Displace Poison [3/3]: Soren can transfer up to a total of [INT]x2 delayed poison damage from one target to another. (Including the dead.)
Uh... 15 AP for 3 uses?
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Because I'm a Venomancer. I can't accelerate or displace poisons if it's not poison. D:
Also flava. Poison that adjusts itself to its victim is just plain badass.
Shade

Post by Shade »

I really dislike those "X is resistant/immune to Y... But my Y is better and works regardless!" abilities, though...
Still, 30 AP if you really need it.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

• Soren, Lv 0.00 (Front)
    HP 17/17
    MP 04/04
    1d4 Dmg | ±1 Hit | 13 AC
    Dagger [ 1d4 Dmg | +2 Hit]
    Old Robe [ 1 AC ]
    Grim Aegis [ 2 AC | Haunt Focus: +1 HP ]
    Spoiler: Inventory & Status
    Items (0/4):
    -
    -
    -
    -

Spells (3/6):
    [list][*]Toxic Mist
    [Current: 3 damage, 2 poison for 3 turns | 15 Hit vs. FOR ]
    The caster creates a cloud of poisonous olive-colored mist in a chosen area nearby. Anyone caught in the mist will have to make a FOR check with a DG of [10 + INT], and will take [WIL] poison damage as well as suffer a poisoning of [1 + WIL/2] damage for [1 + INT/2] turns if they fail it.
    [*]Harm
    [Current: 2d8+3 dmg | +5 Hit vs. AGI]
    The caster concentrates and commands raw arcane energy to rend the victim's flesh, inflicting severe wounds upon a hit. Deals [2d8 ± WIL] damage.
    [*]False Life
    [Current: +65% HP for 7 turns]
    The caster injects magical energy into the target's life force, temporarily allowing them to survive much more severe wounds than their body could usually take. The target receives [50 ± 5x WIL]% additional HP, up to 150% of their maximum. However, this magical energy is very unstable and dissipates after [5 ± INT/2] turns, taking away just as many HP as it previously added. The target is guaranteed to survive this loss of HP even if it takes them into the negatives, although any further damage will then take them out as usual.
Abilities ( 150/150 AP):
  • Image Haunt [ 1 / 1 ] [ Active ] [ 25 AP ]
    [Current: 2 HP | 5 Dmg | +5 Hit | Poison: 2 Dmg for 1 turns ]
    Soren creates a stationary dire totem of bone and animates it with unlife. The totem will fire venomous magic missiles at his enemies until it is destroyed or dismissed by Soren. The totem has 1 + [INT/3] HP and always takes 1 point of damage from attacks. Its missiles deal [INT] damage upon hit, inflict poison of [INT/2] damage and [WILL/2] duration, and have a hit bonus of [INT].
    This ability costs 1 MP to use and requires a corpse. The corpse is destroyed in the process. Soren can use certain special items as a controlling focus to give individual haunts extra abilities, but only one such effect can be chosen with each haunt.
  • Image Accelerate Poison [ 3 / 3 ] [ Active ] [ 15 AP ]
    Directly manipulate and guide the venom inside of a poisoned victim, making them instantly take all delayed poison damage that they still have stacked on them, and deals a bonus [INT] poison damage on top of that.
  • Image Displace Poison [ 3 / 3 ] [ Active ] [ 15 AP ]
    Soren can transfer up to a total of [INT]x2 delayed poison damage from one target to another. (Including the dead.)
  • Image Toxic Gift [ Passive ] [ 20 AP ]
    Whenever Soren is afflicted with poison, he recovers 1 MP. He will not recover MP if he was poisoned by his own spell or from a Haunt he created.
  • Image Viperblood [ Passive ] [ 25 AP ]
    Whenever Soren sustains poison damage, the amount is always disregarded and he only loses 1 HP.
  • Image Tools of the Trade [ Passive ] [ 50 AP ]
    + 2 inventory slots.
Stats:
-3 Strength
±0 Dexterity
+0 Agility
±0 Fortitude
+5 Intellect
+3 Willpower

HPMod: +1
AP: 00

Appearance:
- Medium Height and build.
- Brown Eyes.
- Short, carefully groomed brown beard. Hair cut to a buzz.
- Wears decorative teeth and bone necklaces.

Background:
- Member of a shamanic, tribal society that deliberately lives on the outskirts of civilization, in the forests.
- A corrupt ruler (baron?) of the lands his tribe resides in constantly attempts to drive his tribe away. The ruler often sends his men to harass Soren's community, steal livestock, interrupt their hunting or foraging, etc.[/spoiler][/list]

Updated. Took Displace poison and +1 STR -1 AGI.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Alright.
Are we ready to start, then? I lost track of things a little.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Think so.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Alright. I need to get something done first, though, so I might only start tomorrow after all.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

So I hadn't entered my spell total wrong. In that case, a buff spell too and I'll be happy. :)
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Shade

Post by Shade »

You didn't specify what kind of buff, so you get one that I happen to have made beforehand:

[*]Blessing
[Current: +4 Dmg for 4 turns]
The caster blesses the target with magical strength, increasing the damage it deals with physical attacks by 3±[WIL/2] for 3±[INT/2] turns.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Lucy
Level 0 [0] Elven Exorcist

HP: 26/26
MP: 03/03
Imbue: 2/2
Purge: 2/2

2-9 Dmg | +3 Hit | 09 AC

Weapon: Longsword [1-8 dmg]
Armour: Studded leather armour [3 AC | Cap at +6 | -1 Mal]
Spoiler: Inventory and Stuff
Inventory [0/7]
-

Abilities
> Imbue [Uses: 2]
[Active] [35 AP]
When used, Lucy's standard attacks for the next two turns have a +3, do two extra damage, and always use their highest possible roll.

> Purge [Uses: 2]
[Active] [40 AP]
When used, Lucy's next attack has a +3 to hit, deals an extra five damage and consumes up to 5 of the enemy's MP.

> Redirect
[Sustained] [40 AP]
When Lucy is in this state, any magical damage done to her is nought, and half of it is added to the damage of her next attack. However she cannot dodge physical attacks in this state, and takes an extra 2 damage from them. If the attack misses the magic boost is lost.

Spells

[*]Leech
[Current: 2d6+2 dmg | +0 Hit vs. WIL]
The caster uses vile magic to directly rip off some of his target's life force and uses it to replenish his own. Deals [2d6 ± WIL] damage to the target and restores the caster's HP by half of that amount. This spell has a -2 malus to Hit.
[*]Despair
[Current: -3 malus for 3 turns | -1 Hit vs. WIL]
The caster manipulates the target's will to fight, causing it to lose its resolve for as long as the spell lasts. The target suffers a - 2+[WIL/2] malus to all of his rolls (including damage rolls) for 2+[INT/2] turns. This spell has a -3 malus to Hit.
[*]Blessing
[Current: +4 Dmg for 4 turns]
The caster blesses the target with magical strength, increasing the damage it deals with physical attacks by 3±[WIL/2] for 3±[INT/2] turns.[/quote]

Stats
STR: +2
DEX: +2
AGI: -5
FOR: +2
INT: +2
WIL: +2

Mod: +2
Spell limit: 3
AP: 5

Backstory/personality/description
Before you stands a lady of about twenty-six years. When only nine of them had passed, she was living peacefully with her mother and father at the edge of a small elven settlement. One day, the house was approached by an entity without physical form, the soul of a demon. Wasting no time in beginning to cause malice, it possessed the body of her father and begun to wreak havoc on both Lucy and her mother. Before much damage could be caused, a demonslayer that had been tracking the soul approached, clutching various wounds on his body. He entered the house, grabbed Lucy's shoulder, and breathed out his last breath, into her. She was immediately empowered by a strange light, one that the demon seemed to detest and cower from. It attempted to escape again, but Lucy had gained resolve. She quickly pursued the demon and her newfound power manifested itsef, and before her eyes she had slain a demon. Later, as she grew, she would often find herself called upon to exorcise haunted people, remove demonic presences, and many other sorts of these jobs. Once she was ready to leave her home, it became a full-time occupation. She now travels and purges any ill-intending presence she finds, for the greater good. She generally only falters when she has to kill a person to get the demon. She really doesn't like killing people.
Lucy has a bold personality. She's generally positive, but normally not energetic as such, confident in herself and good with other people. She has lead a couple of groups in the past, and things usually go well with her in charge, which she takes as a good indication of her leadership skills when it comes to it. She hates to see people die, where it can be avoided, but does understand that sometimes it has to be done.
She is fairly tall, has green eyes, straw blonde shoulder-length hair which is parted from the middle of her forehead and which curls in and outwards under her chin. Like all elves her ears are pointed, and they poke out from behind her bangs. She is rather fit-figured and is usually adorned by a chestplate, gauntlets, boots, a grey silk shirt and khaki pants. On top of this she wears a hooded cloak and keeps her trusty longsword at her hip.
I'm all done and good to go then.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Shade

Post by Shade »

Writing the introduction as we speak.

Btw, Ditto, people start out at Lv0 in this PnP, not Lv1.