[RP] The Twilight Project - Game Thread

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

[RP] The Twilight Project - Game Thread

Post by Shade »

Power. Something that many people want, yet only few actually have. Power in itself is neither good nor evil. Used by a noble mind it can create a world of happiness and safety for mankind. However, if it falls into the hands of someone who only cares for themselves, great misfortune may befall everyone else. Many horrible wars have been caused by the thirst for might, with no gain for any of the parties involved.
Many devote their lives to aquiring power, yet only few ever succeed. Some of them are remembered as great heroes, some as terrible villains... ...yet most are simply forgotten. Will the story to follow be one that will be remembered? Or will it fade into insignificance like many other stories before? Only time will tell...

Even today, many people are corrupted by their desire for power. Countries invade other countries with the desire to control them, to rule over them. The lives of thousands are considered a negligible investment for this goal. As such, it does not come as a surprise that the lives of the common townsfolk are in turmoil... With the guards and soldiers being too busy fighting bloody wars for their masters, there's no-one left to enforce the law. Theft and other crimes are becoming increasingly common, and bandits roam the land unhindered. If things continue as it is, neither the victor nor the loser will have a country left to rule...
...or is it really as simple as that?

He angrily slams his fist onto the table, interrupting his advisors.
"You incompetent idiots! I told you we cannot do that!"
"But your majesty... If we don't, there's no telling if--"
"No. Find another way. Doing it your way would render everything we fought for up to this point pointless."
"Y-yes... As you wish, my king. We will double our efforts to find a satisfying solution as soon as possible."
King Loring leaves the room. Everything is going straight to hell... The sudden attack a month ago had caught him unprepared, and as a result most of the battles so far have been crushing defeats. Only slowly does his army manage to put up a defense against the enemy... Yet at this rate, with these casualty numbers, his army will effectively cease to exist long before the enemy has been driven away.
He stops in front of a window and looks at the night sky. Is it really the only way...?

The girl slowly opens her eyes. Through the demolished roof of a shabby little hut a faint glimmer of moonlight is falling upon her lavender hair and her emerald green eyes. She blinks. No, it's all real... It's not just a horrible dream. It has all happened. Her mother was really killed right in front of her eyes... ...and she really is tied to this chair, incapable of even the slightest budge. She looks at the other girls around herself. Some of them aren't moving at all... Are they still alive?
Suddenly, one of the bandits slams open the door and enters the hut. And just like all the previous times, he approaches one of the girls, unties her, drags her out of the hut with sheer force and then slams the door shut again. None of the girls have returned so far. Who knows what they're doing to them...
One of the other girls starts crying. She herself, on the other hand, prefers not to think about what's to come. She looks at the crescent moon visible through one of the gaps in the ceiling. This might be the last time she gets to see it... At the mercy of savage bandits... ...powerless... ...their toy until she breaks. What a miserable way to die.
Her thoughts are interrupted when the door is slammed open yet again. This time, the bandit stops only in front of her. He unties her, grabs her arms and drags her across the floor just like the other girls before her... ...out of the hut, into the dark of the night.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Re: [RP] The Twilight Project - Game Thread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Name: Ashley Kennsford
Weapon preference: Crossbows or throwing weapons, otherwise hand-to-hand/martial arts.
Spoiler: Appearance and Personality
Appearance: Ashley is about 175cm (185 with her boots), or 5' 10"/6' 2" tall. She is a regular Caucasian with free-flowing blonde hair that is fairly straight although curls somewhat at the ends. Her eyes are a deep blue, and she's fairly fit, with a good figure. She's rather well-endowed. Basically, she's considered to be quite an attractive girl. She wears a golden-yellow sleeveless vest with her family's crest over where the heart would be if it was buttoned up. Underneath is a black undershirt with a somewhat-low neckline and half-forearm length, with her midriff also bared. She wears a thick leather belt holding up tight brown-khaki pants over which are worn dark leather string-up high-heeled boots that come up to about the three-quarter line of her lower leg.
Personality: Ashley is fun-loving and energetic, attempting to enjoy herself no matter what she's doing... to an extent. She has a curious habit of insisting on correctly greeting someone before she talks to them, and can never continue a conversation for any amount of time without putting a 'hello' or 'greetings' in. She doesn't mind a bit of casual romance from time to time, often using her appearance to entice some similarly-attractive men at taverns and bars. She also has quite a sweet-tooth, enjoying a nice dessert most nights. She dislikes people talking ill of her, her family and her close friends, and will intervene in somebody else's conversation if she picks up on this. Her particular fear is not being able to make the world see the good of her family and their image before she dies, and she won't give up on living until she can make that happen. She's quite collected and composed in the face of danger, although the threat of immense pain and the lack of being able to do anything about it terrifies her.
Ashley sits, her arms uncomfortably bound to the third wooden row across the back of the chair, which she can tell from the slightly painful impression it's leaving on her back while she's held captive. The bandits that tied her up are dragging the captives, all girls, off, one by one, but no-one who's still in the ramshackle hut has any idea what they're doing with them. Better not be something perverted... I get enough sour looks from the older ladies of villages as it is with my habits. For the fifth time in as many minutes, Ashley stretches and tries to pull on her bonds, as the bandits again come in, and again they take a girl. Purple hair and piercing green eyes... and also very young. It wasn't fair of the powers that be to bring that poor lass to this awful place, with all the opportunity and potential the youth had. As the door closes on the captors and their latest prize, Ashley makes a very audible spit on the ground in disgust. Under her breath, she mutters "She's too young... doesn't deserve this." with the intention of catching the attention of those guys out there.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Shade

Post by Shade »

About a minute later, she notices light behind her. Have they arrived?
Just a short moment later, the bandit throws her to the ground inside what appears to be a cave and leaves, locking the door behind him. The first thing she notices are the bloodstains all over the floor. They're fresh. Very fresh. As she gets up, a sardonically grinning face greets her. It belongs to a man in notably luxurious clothing. He doesn't seem to be one of the bandits - however, someone who simply works together with them is just as threatening and despicable. ...especially considering his clothes are covered by bloodstains, just like the floor.
As she examines the room from her current position, her stomach turns upside down. Chains. Blades. Spikes. A rack. This room unpleasantly reminds her of a torture chamber.
"...so? What are you going to do to me? Do you plan to kill me in some particularly sick way, like everyone else before me?"
"Hrm... Yeah, probably. But don't worry, it'll be fun!"
"You disgust me."
"That's cute... You're the rebellious kind, aren't you? I like those the best! I revel in their marvelous cries of despair while I slowly shatter their will... ...and their limbs."
The man begins to slowly approach her. Millions of thoughts are rushing through her head. What should she do? There's no way she'll just resign herself to this lunatic...
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

As the door opens, Ashley lifts her head. They're back. Two of them, one looking pretty stupid too. The bandits head over to another girl who looks very young... that's right, she was the one who couldn't help but cry earlier. Poor thing.
"Hey! You bastard-born apes better not lay a hand on her." It was time to make her move. She couldn't allow these girls' futures to be ruined by some bumbling thieves.
"What did you just call him?" "Idiot, she insulted you too." "What? Get her! The other girls can wait. We'll send this wretch right along to our associate."
"Call me what you will... doesn't make you anything but a halfwit and a moron." Ashley could see the anger building up in this bandit's eyes.
"You insolent little... the rich guy can wait, I'm going a couple of rounds with you myself."
"Ooh, scary. You'd better untie me, or else your reputation as a proper gentleman will be ruined forever. What man would hit a helpless 'wretch'?" Insulting his manhood, good good.
"No, wa-" "Alright, lady, that's it. I'm gonna wipe the floor with you, hands tied or no." On the inside, Ashley grinned to herself. This was definitely moving in the right direction. He wasn't going to give her any extra opportunity past the untying, so she would have to anticipate a quick punch. As soon as the bonds were released, she ducked straight down and the bandit's fist flew right over her head. Immediately she stood up from the chair and brought an elbow up behind her, getting a lucky shot and hitting the guy right in the solar plexus. He choked for air and stumbled backwards.
"I knew it was a bad idea. Okay, girly, you'd better sit yourself back down and let me tie you up, or I'm gonna have to get nasty like that oaf couldn't."
"Not a chance. I can't let you do whatever it is you're doing to these innocent young girls." Ashley raised her open palms in a martial arts pose, ready to engage.
"Don't say I didn't give you a chance when I dish out the pain." And he ran at her, swinging a low fist. He was quick; Ashley barely had time to step to the side, and clumsily at that - she knocked over her chair and wobbled on one leg. The bandit saw his chance and took it, bringing in a sweeping boot from behind her one standing leg. Her footing all gone, Ashley tumbled to the floor. Many gasps and screams erupted from the other captives. Damn it... this one can fight. Wincing from a chair leg that had knocked one of her temples as she fell, Ashley quickly scrambled to her feet, another swing from her opponent barely missing her side. This might take her a while...
Shade

Post by Shade »

If only she had something to defend herself with... ...actually, maybe she has...
With a quick motion of her right hand, something resembling a small black sphere of energy materializes in front of her. However, the man notices this and jumps forward, giving her a forceful slap in the face and grabbing her arms before she has a chance to send it flying. As she loses her focus, the sphere harmlessly disappears... ...and with the sphere, any hope she might have had of escaping.
"Ow..."
"Nice try. Did you really think I might not be expecting something like that?"
"Go to hell..."
The man drags her towards the rack, lifts her onto it despite her struggling, and chains her to it to prevent her from resisting any further.
"Now, where shall we start... It'd be a shame to blemish your cute face, as would it be to just kill you... I know! Let's start with your arms!"
He pulls up her sleeves to expose her arms and proceeds to pick up a bloodstained knife from a nearby little table. Then he slams it down, right into her flesh.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

As Ashley scuffles with the second of her captors, a high-pitched and terrified scream pierces the night.
"No. Dammit, I can't let her die!" Redirecting her attention to the fight at hand, she taunts her opponent "At least there's nothing huge standing in my way." She hops to the side, dodging another fist, and returns with a swift kick to the bandit's gut. He recoils quickly, drawing back his fist for a straight punch.
"Damn... *cough* damn it, girl, I'll break you apart!" Perfect. Just what I was counting on.
Ashley quickly drops low, and watches both ruffians clock each other in the face and fall to the ground moaning. Her current obstacle eliminated, she quickly addresses the girls that have been tied up.
"I'll come back for you later... that other girl is in danger right now, so I need to make sure she escapes with her life." Following this, she dashes out the door, noting the by now well-trodden path littered with boot-scrape marks and signs of struggle. Running along the track, she notices the heavy-looking door up ahead, and the lock that binds it. Dammit... this could be a problem. Needing to act quickly, she moves close and swings her leg up at the lock from beneath, hoping to dislodge it, and make some noise as well.
"Hey! Let the girl go, right now!"
Shade

Post by Shade »

She didn't mean to scream like that... After all, screaming is giving this lunatic just what he wants. But the piercing pain of having a knife driven through her arm simply was too much to bear. She won't be able to resist the pain... ...this man will get just what he wants. She's no longer a human being. At this point, she's merely the toy of a sick freak.
"Marvelous! Delicious! Give me more! MORE!"
Suddenly, however, it sounds like someone is trying to dislodge the lock of the door from outside.
"Hey! Let the girl go, right now!"
She takes a moment to realize what's going on. Her assailant appears to be just as confused. Someone actually has come to her help? She gains back a glimmer of hope.
"Help... Please help-- KYAAAAHHH!"
The knife. Again. This time a little further down. Blood is running all over her arm. Her own blood. It's starting to feel numb...
"Pfeh... Nobody is going to help you. It's only you and me..."
Again someone kicks against the door from outside. This time, the man seems visibly annoyed.
"What are those punks doing, letting that wench roam free!?"
He seems to be unsure whether he should just go on, or take a look at what's going on outside first.
Then he decides to go on - with her other arm. Another scream. She can't suppress it. She briefly closes her eyes from the pain. His grin widens. Make him stop... Please...
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

One last kick. One good hard last kick. Taking a step backwards to steady herself, Ashley takes a final swing at the lock which prevents her from ending that poor girl's terrible torture.
Wham!
The lock was free. Good. Ashley grabs the door with both hands, swings it open with a mighty heave and dashes into the room.
"I said... let the girl go." Before her stands a heavily-bloodstained, well-dressed man with a smile that could bring nightmares. His grin flinches for a moment as he realises that his infliction of pain has been interrupted.
"Hah! You think it will be that simple? I don't know how you got over here, but it doesn't matter. I'll have a grand show, two terrified victims screaming for my mercy!"
"You're sick... sadistic, malicious..."
Under her breath, Ashley voices her concern for the insane madman she is pitted against. He eyes her up, and she returns the stare with a cold determination.
"Alright, psychopath, let's make a deal. If you can defeat me in a fight, you can have the both of us all to yourself. And if I win, the girl gets set free. Sound fair?" She shakes a little stiffness out of her arms and torso; she hadn't dressed for a cold night like this. She would much rather one inside eating some delicious melted chocolate or something... but such is life.
Shade

Post by Shade »

As the door is opened with a forceful kick, revealing the oldest girl from the hut back there, the maniac's attention is finally driven away from herself. After a short exchange of words, however, he breaks into laughter.
"Pfahahahaha! You're in no position to make any deals, wench. I could dispose of you right here, right now, in the blink of an eye..."
He pulls the knife out of her arm. Another brief moment of pain, but at least it's slightly more bearable now.
"...but that wouldn't be any fun. Watching an innocent life slowly break to pieces... watching my victims' life force slowly fade... ...that's what I'm living for. I will not be satisfied until the world is covered in marvelous crimson!"
He reaches for a club behind his back.
"And now, be a good girl and go back to sleep..."
He slowly approaches the intruder, preparing for a sudden strike to the head.
"Watch out!"
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

"Watch out!"
Ashley immediately realises what this man is trying to do once the poor girl that's been tied up shouts out to her. She sways to the left as the club whooshes through the space where her head once was, and whirls around to kick the sadist in the back. He sees it coming and turns, grabbing her foot with his free hand. He swung her back and cracked the club into the small of her back, and Ashley yelped from the pain. As the man prepared to swing his bludgeon down on her bent over body, she drew her elbows behind her and jumped back and upwards, knocking her opponent straight in the ribs, forcing all the air out. He collapsed to the ground, gasping for air.
"Now that that's over with... let's get you out of here, you poor thing. Are you able to speak? What's your name...?"
Shade

Post by Shade »

Fortunately, the young lady understood what she tried to warn her of and dodged the maniac's cowardly strike. However, he catches her counterattack and hits her anyway, if at least not at the head. The second counter-attack catches him unprepared, however, sending him to the floor and buying them a little time. Alice's expression becomes relieved.
"Now that that's over with... let's get you out of here, you poor thing. Are you able to speak? What's your name...?"
"Thank goodness... I'm Alice. Alice Lenney. We should probably leave the details for later..."
She struggles against the chains.
"Could you please release me from these things? I can hardly move..."
She directs her view back to where the maniac is lying. He seems to be trying to stand up, but is still having trouble.
"You... little..."
"Please hurry... He probably won't be down for long..."
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

"Alright. They don't seem to be locked or anything..."
Ashley slides the iron bar securing the chain loops out of the links, and the entire chain mechanism falls and dangles, leaving Alice free. Ashley helps her to stand and she guides Alice out the door.
"Do you feel up to helping me a little bit, or should I get you some better aid?"
Shade

Post by Shade »

Free at last... Her limbs feel pretty stiff, and her left arm is completely numb. Her other arm hurts, too. But at least she's alive.
"Thank you..."
It's cold outside... Yet at the same time, the slight cool breezes feel very refreshing and vitalizing after the stale stench of death in that chamber.
She holds her numb arm with her less injured one.
"I'm not sure how much help I'll be in this state... ...but I guess I won't bleed to death for the time being."
True... But she does feel a little drained.
She examines the dark of the night. There are various trees, bushes and large rocks around... Who knows where the remaining bandits might be hiding? It would be foolish to remain here any longer... ...but...
"Have the others escaped safely?"
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Ashley notices Alice is scanning the terrain.
"I haven't seen any except the two I fought off to get out here. I'm going to quickly go and free the rest of the girls, and then get you all back to safety. I don't want to leave you in potential danger, so it'd be best if you followed along at least."
Ashley quickly sets off back towards the ruined hut.
"I hope those two are still floored. It'd be a pain to have to beat them up again."
Shade

Post by Shade »

"...you left them behind? I hope they're alright..."
It's probably too late to save any of the girls that were taken to that maniac before her... ...so the least they can do is to make sure the remaining ones are saved. It'd be a cruel irony if she and her savior were the only ones to survive this whole incident.
"Yeah... You seem to be capable of defending yourself, at least."
Alice tries to keep up with the young lady.
"Who are you, anyway? I've never seen you around the village."