[RP] The Twilight Project - Characters and Talk

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Re: [RP] The Twilight Project - Characters and Talk

Post by Shade »

I know I said I had something in mind for after visiting the healer, but then I realized it would've been too weird.
Where do we go from here? I'll throw in that Twilight Project bit when a good opportunity arises, but until then...
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

I really have no idea, which is why I haven't posted. I've a couple of scenario ideas that might be interesting but working them in is going to be annoying, and whether they really move the story is questionable. I had the thought that Loring's men could end up holing up in Garith since it's one of the best-defended settlements in the country, but, yeah...
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Shade

Post by Shade »

Not everything needs to move the story itself forward to be worth our time. It just needs to be interesting. :)

But yeah, that's pretty much the problem I'm having. I can't really make much happen in a town as well-defended as this one without it feeling like at least half an ass-pull. Unless I make the enemy's main army attack, seeing how they felled the capital (which is probably much larger and even better defended), but having every town we move to be destroyed is pretty much an ass-pull on its own.

Unless we can think up a logical reason to leave the safety of the town for a while and then have something happen during that time frame, we'll probably have to go with "Garith gets destroyed by the enemy army", though.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I had this huge idea for the resolution to Ashley's dilemma that hinged on Garith being the last standing part of the country. I think I can work the leaving town thing into an idea that I did have with me.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Alright, go ahead. :)
Shade

Post by Shade »

So...?
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Sorry about the wait.
School's just come back in and my sleeping patterns are weirder than ever (Bed at 9:30 PM and awaken at 4:30 AM? Wtf?), so in between school, travelling to and from school, doing homework, and gaming, I have barely any time to put in for an RP post. I might be able to get something up on the weekend.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Doesn't look like it, now does it? ;/
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

I like this idea, I always said we should try a cleaner RP once. But not too clean, from what I've read of this one I think we might still need an almighty game master and some very basic rules to give it a sense of direction.

Remember that PnP Purple set up a few years back in a separate forum? It was very story driven and we had a lot of freedom, but it still had some basic mechanics in place for direction and balance.

Actually I remember the ruleset was very complicated but we never got to fight anything and thus it remained a strictly RP experience, which I still enjoyed.
:wink:
Shade

Post by Shade »

I do have some plans for what's to come, we just need to actually get there somehow. Comfortably living in an incredibly well-defended town doesn't exactly leave a lot of possibilities to make interesting stuff happen. I blame AoD for making it well-defended.

Yeah, I remember it. Sorta. I was kinda new to actual RPing back then, though, which is probably why I wasn't able to enjoy it.

Anyway, wanna join?
If AoD ever gets his post done, that is.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Sorry! I was playing Spelunky and TF2. It's the middle of science class now, I can write something but it won't be overly pretty.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Eh, sure.

Let's see...
Spoiler:
Name: Dr. Andrew Remington
Weapon preference: Unarmed Combat.
Appearance: White male, about 1.8m tall. His facial features are sharp and rigid. He sports slicked black hair and a full, neat beard, both with deep streaks of silvery gray. He wears a dark gray suit and pants over a clean, white linen shirt. His back is wide for his frame and his shoulders are long and angular, and bulge out slightly from under his attire. His default facial expression is a deep, stern gaze.
Personality: Remington is a doctor of medicine, his specialty is paramedics, the treatment of superficial wounds, deep cuts and bone fractures. He is quiet and analytical, and able to work under pressure. He was a budding boxer in his youth, and follows the adage "Mens sana in corpore sano", a sound mind in a sound body, making sure to stay physically fit so as to always have the ability to perform his work, even at his approaching old age. Having seen many wounds in the line of his work, he does not condone violence, and tries to avoid it at all costs.

Yes, you may refer to him as Dr. Feelgood.

I'm am not entirely sure what's up with the bow on the back of his head... The picture is of M.C. Escher (google if you've never heard of him), and he's a bit zany when it comes to his hairstyles... Please ignore the bow.
Shade

Post by Shade »

'aight.
I'll leave it to you where you want to pop up and when we cross paths.

Now, to write the next post...
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

Once again, a character who seems to represent an aspect of your personality!?
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

All my my characters are me in disguise.
Usually there's also a fancy hat involved.