Blazing Wind PnP - Talk Thread

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Re: Blazing Wind PnP - Talk Thread

Post by Shade »

That's fine, I'm not planning to continue this one at the moment. We have the Twilight Project running currently, as well as hopefully Deliverance if it gets back up, and I think that's kinda enough. Considering one is an actual RP this time and the other is a PnP, they might also not conflict with each other as much. Hopefully possibly maybe.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Allow me to express my dismay at failing to get much use out of Ell twice now. :P
But also, how did you calculate battle stuff? Some friends and I want to set up a roleplaying group, and I wanted to use a bastardised version of these rules since they're so good.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Shade

Post by Shade »

I would advise against that. These rules are too complicated for both the players and the GM. You should stick to something simpler.

Anyway. The exact calculations can be found in "rule" 15. As for determining whether a (critical) hit happens or not, I used this RNG. A higher number than the success chance means a failure/miss. A matching or lower number means a success/hit.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

It's not so bad. We've done it before with something close to A Dark Dawn's system and it came out pretty well, although how many corners were cut for that... is probably going to change it. Anyway, it's not like we don't have an abundance of time. We'll try lots of things to find what works. Thanks, though. I didn't check to see if they were already there. :P
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -