Deliverance PnP - Game Thread

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Re: Deliverance PnP - Game Thread

Post by Cimeries »

• Image | Carlos (AoD) ___| 15/15 | Lv 05 | [Front] |
  • Image | Kirisa (Shade) _..| 19/19 | Lv 05 | [Front] |
  • Image | Oswin | Healthy | -02 Armor AC
  • Image | Bruce| Healthy | Crippled Arm
  • Image | Rika | Healthy |
  • Image | Davis | Healthy |
  • Image | Cassandra | Healthy |
Travel, DC: 100
  • Phase 5/5: 175
Spoiler:
You arrive safely at the shore encampment, and head for the commander's tent.
"We should all be there this time, I think. Don't worry, Kirisa, I'm sure he's cooled off by now..."
"Just don't provoke him again." Bruce adds.

You enter the tent and see Sterling and Graham sitting at the large table in the middle, drinking wine while Sterling recounts some story or another to the old admiral. He immediately stops when you enter.
"Ah, there you... by Fortuna, commander, what happened to your armor?" Sterling says when he notices your entourage, and then the state of Oswin's armor.
"We fought some kind of giant crab on the way. It spit acid." Oswin says rather nonchalantly. Sterling and Graham give him odd looks.
"Well leave it at the forge for repairs and get another in the meantime. Now, how about that report?"
Oswin recounts what you've found in the eastern post - about the two prisoners and their crimes, Kirisa's conversation with the strange entity, how the entire thing is apparently some kind of crude system-of-law. He also mentions the extraordinarily sharp saw.
"Ah right, the girl. Listen, Kirisa, was it? I don't like you. The air coming off of you reeks with black magic, but I'll tolerate your presence here. If Oswin is to be believed, you've been instrumental in figuring out this whole mess, so I'm going to look the other way about our little disagreement." He says in an almost-neutral tone.
Oswin tries to change the subject of the conversation.
"You've been at the western post. Have you found anything of importance?"
"We examined the architecture - it's obviously not the Order's. It's akin more to the style that was common among another group that was wiped during the Cataclysm." Sterling says.
"What sort of group?"
"A group of small, relatively progressive settlements that the Order considered heretics, as it was suspected that they worshiped false gods. The most jarring thing is, if I remember my history lessons, is that these settlements were located far, far to the north of here. They were in a territory of secluded mountains under a punishing, cold climate - which is why the Order never bothered to investigate them further, I suppose. How they built anything this far from their enclave, when the Order had definitive control of this area up until the Cataclysm hit, is beyond me."
"And how do you think this is related to what, or rather, who we discovered locked inside these posts?" Bruce asks.
"That's the most troublesome detail. If whatever imprisoned these criminals is still alive somehow, we could be dealing with a serious threat. Maybe they're merely using the posts for their purpose, maybe they built them by themselves. Logic points to the latter..."
"So we need to brief the soldiers, set up patrols, train them."
"And be prepared for evacuation."
"Don't tell me you still intend to leave as soon as possible." Bruce says, visibly annoyed.
"No, I think this merits some investigation while we have the chance, but if this... entity, whatever it is, can imprison people's souls for centuries on a whim, we're not going to just fight it with swords and arrows when it decides to visit. We're going to count our losses and come back better prepared."
:wink:
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

Kirisa, Lv 5.42 [Front]
HP: 19/19
MP: ■■■■■■
1-4 Dmg | -3 Hit | 10 AC
- [10/10] Throwing Knives [1d4 dmg]
- Jack's Hat [Bonus EXP for pacifist conduct in battle]
- Apprentice Robe [1 AC]
- Padded Cloak [1 AC]
Spoiler:
Inventory
[list][*][5/5] Healing Flasks [ Restores 5 HP ]
[*]Ring of Spell Storing [ White Wind ]
[*]Alain's Dagger [ 1d5 dmg | +1 Hit ]
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]30 Corsairs
-----------------
[*][Q] Stained Dress[/list]

Spellbook
[list][*]Cyclone
[Current: 2d4+9 dmg, +13 Hit]
Conjured Blades of solidified air spin and strike the entire front row of enemies with 2d4 + WILL x 1.5 wind based damage. Each blade's To-hit is WILL + INT.
[*]White Wind
[Current: 60%]
A restorative breeze recovers 30 + WILL x 5 % of the target's maximum HP.
[*]Alacrity
A bolstering gust of wind increases the Agility of a single creature by 3, or that of every single party member by 1.
[*]Thorned Mirror Image
[Current: 3 images]
Creates a mirror image of the caster. The mirror image cannot act (but will appear to) and is otherwise indistinguishable from the original to your foes. The mirror image will vanish upon taking damage. Every 3 points of INT create an additional mirror image.
The mirror images created by this spell will explode in a volley of thorns when destroyed, dealing 1d6 damage to their destroyer. If the mirror images are dismissed by the caster himself, however, he will take 1d3 damage for each.
[*]Focused Thunderwall
[Current: 2d2+7 dmg, 8 turns]
Creates a stationary barrier of contained lightning that stays active for INT+1 turns. Anything passing through it will take 2d2 + WILL + 1 lightning damage.
Casting this spell requires both a major and a minor action.
[*]Crushing Cold Snap
[Current: 9+12 dmg | DC 17]
Flash freezes a single target with a sudden blast of arctic air, inflicting WILLx1.5 cold damage, and an additional [12 - (target's FORT)] blunt damage, to the target, and half of that to anyone standing adjacently to them. Due to the sudden nature of the spell, it cannot be dodged. Those hit by the spell must make a FORT check vs 10+INT or also become chilled for two turns.
[*] ---[/list]

Runes [ Chapter 0 reward ]
[list][*]Convoluted Circle of Empowering
Cost: 1 Spellpoint, Creation Time: 3 Turns.
When channeled with energy by another mage, all spells cast by the mage inside the circle will have their powers multiplied by those of the channeler. The empowerment occurs exponentially for every additional channeler, and uses spellpoints from the channelers instead of the caster. An additional cost, randomly determined, will also be taken from each channeler for every spell cast.[/list]

Active Abilities[list][*]Magic Eye [ 0 / 2 ] [ 100 AP ]
If she just stares at an individual hard enough, Kirisa actually sees more than first meets the eye. At the cost of her minor action, all combat-relevant stats of the target are revealed.
[list][*]Mark for Death [ Chapter 2a reward ]
This is an upgrade to your Magic Eye ability. Targets you have "scanned" will take 1 more point of damage from any source, and have their FORT and WILL checks penalized by 5. The effect lasts until the end of combat. You may choose when the effect is applied and when it isn't.
[list][*]Malice [ Chapter 4 reward ]
Your encounter with the Serpent has given you a deeper understanding of true Malice.
This is an upgrade to your Marked For Death ability. Targets marked for death will receive 10% more damage from your own attacks and spells.
[/list]
[*]Daunt [ Chapter 3 reward ]
This is an upgrade to your Magic Eye ability. When activating Magic Eye, you may also cause a strong sensation of fear and horrifying visions in your target, disorienting them. This cannot be used in conjunction with Mark for Death.[/list]
[*]Sign of The Witch [ 1 / 1 ] [ 140 AP ]
This is a minor action. Using a secret (and pretty draining) technique, Kirisa drastically increases the power of her next spell, causing all of its effects to be increased by 50% (rounded up).
[*]Indomitable Soul [ 1 / 1 ] [ Chapter 1 reward ]
When dealing with circle magic, you may consume 1 use of this ability to negate 1 spellpoint cost, and a single instance of the chaotic circle effects.
[*][R] Magic Imitation [ 0 / 2 ] [ 180 AP ]
Whenever an unfamiliar spell (or a different version of a familiar) is cast, there is a 25% chance Kirisa may be able to learn that spell as well (always optional - I have to make my decision in my next post after the check is passed.); however, there is a random chance that she may not learn the exact same spell, but a slightly different version instead (based on what she sees and how well she manages to copy it). The chance of success is increased to 50% if Kirisa has used her Magic Eye ability on the user of the spell beforehand (but she might still not learn the same spell). This ability can also be used to "upgrade" spells she already knows, if she manages to see someone use an improved version of such a spell (and the differences are not just due to the user having a higher Int/Will than her). The chances of success are the same.
In any case, if the check is passed, I will be shown the spell Kirisa would learn before I choose whether I want her to learn it or not.
Paying this much attention to others' spells in combat requires a lot of concentration; after two attempts (successful or not), her concentration dwindles enough that she can still fight normally, but no longer pay attention to others' spells well enough to copy them.
[/list]

Sustained Abilities[list][*]Boundary of Life and Death [ 130 AP ]
This ability can only be activiated if Kirisa's remaining HP are at 1/2 or less.
In this condition, Kirisa's WIL is doubled. At the same time, however, reaction abilities will no longer trigger, and triggering Magic Shield completely depletes her remaining MP instead of only using one. If she is knocked out in this condition, she will take significantly longer to recover than usual.

[*]Mana Battery [ 130 AP ]
At any time, Kirisa can enter a state of trance. In this state, her physical capabilities are reduced, but she gains the ability to absorb the magical power of others' spells to restore her own mana. Her Finesse, Agility and Perception are reduced by 1 and reaction abilities (as well as Magic Shield) will no longer trigger, but any spell targeting Kirisa will restore one spell point in addition to any of its other effects (even if it knocks her out or completely misses).[/list]

Passive Abilities[list][*]Magic Shield [ 100 AP ]
If Kirisa gets hit by an attack that would normally knock her out, she instead uses 1 MP to withstand the attack with 1 HP remaining. This ability will not work if she doesn't have any MP left or already is at 1 HP beforehand. Passive damage from status ailments will not be blocked either.
[*]Pragmatism [ 120 AP ]
Kirisa is quick to grasp the basics of a spell, and tends to find ways to improve them that don't occur to others.
When learning a new spell, she gets a +6 bonus on the Luck check determining its effectiveness.

[*]Endurance [ Chapter 2 reward ]
After all she has endured up to this point, Kirisa has developed the ability to withstand even wounds that other people of her build would never be able to survive. Kirisa's max. HP are increased by 4.
[*]Cute [ 0 AP ]
NPCs - enemy or not - have a tendency to react not as hostilely to Kirisa as they might to other people. Their intentions behind this, however, vary...[/list]

Attributes:
-3 Mettle
±0 Finesse
+4 Agility
-1 Fortitude
+7 Intellect
+6 Willpower
±0 Perception
-4 Luck

Misc.:
AP: 0

Appearance:
- Middle-length purple hair with a red barrette
- Heterochromia; red left eye, purple right eye
- Not very tall
- A little pale
- Light blue dress, goes down roughly to the knees
- Wears a glowing crimson bracelet at the right hand
- White socks
- Light blue shoes
- Appears to be fairly young (around 13 or 14 maybe), but acts more maturely than her appearance would suggest

Picture by AoD, with Jack's hat:
Kirisa sighs... ...but there's no point in angering Sterling again, so what else can she do but agree to his plans? At least he's not planning to escape right away. There's hope.
"Let's hope it doesn't show up anytime soon, then. I... ...understand that the lives of the people here are more important... ...but if what Gideon said is true, I may not live to see our next visit to this place if we don't find the well soon."
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Carlos, Level 5 [09]
Telekinetic
  • HP: 15/15
    AP: 60

[Face Fault: 2/2] [Spells: 4/6]
    4-9 Dmg | +11 Hit | +7 AC

Weapon: Magical Forces [1-6 Dmg]
    Armour: Leather coat [2 AC]
Spoiler: Inventory and Stuff
Items: 2/10 -- Corsairs: 100
-Healing Flasks [5/5][Restores 5 HP]
-Mana Crystal [3/3][Restores 1 Spellpoint]
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Abilities
Telekinesis: Carlos can use Magical Forces [1-6] in place of physical weapons. When wielding Magical Forces, his Intelligence replaces his Mettle for purposes of damage and attack bonuses. [320 AP]
_________
Sense Motive: When conversing with NPCs, you will automatically make perception checks against them. Successful results yield additional information through body language, inflection, manner of speech, etc. [Chapter end gain]
_________
Overwhelming Conviction: Carlos has discovered that he can use his telekinetic powers directly on other people's minds. Once per person he may attempt a WILL check against them to make them see his side of things. [Chapter end gain]
_________
Inner Gale: While in battle, Carlos creates a general outwards force around himself, giving him +5 AC against melee attacks. [230 AP]
_________
Face Fault [2 uses]: Carlos closes a force around the target's head and draws it straight down to the ground, inflicting WILx2 + INT damage and leaving the enemy unable to act for the next turn as they get up again. The latter effect does not apply to magical floating enemies and the like. [100 AP]
_________

Spells [5/6 total] [6 per battle]
Patch: The target of this spell will recover [WILL]+[INT/2] HP.

Shock Bolt: Deals WILLx1.5 lightning damage to a single target, and has an [INTx2]% chance to stun them for a turn. Targets soaked in water or clad in metal will take additional damage and are even more likely to be dazed.

Mirror Image: Creates a mirror image of the caster. The mirror image cannot act (but will appear to) and is otherwise indistinguishable from the original to your foes. The mirror image will vanish upon taking damage. Every 3 points of INT create an additional mirror image.

Empowered Thunderwall: Creates a stationary barrier of contained lightning that stays active for INT turns. Anything passing through it will take 2d2 + WILL +2 lightning damage.

Jagged Lightning Bolt: Summons a direct strike of lightning at a single target, dealing 25 + WILLx2 lightning damage. This spell has an innate +2 bonus to hit, and will cause its victim to be stunned for INT/3 turns, unless they pass a FORT check of 7+INT. This spell can only be cast outside, and requires both a major and a minor action.

Hindering White Wind: A restorative breeze recovers 30 + WILL x 5 % of the target's maximum HP, and lowers their Hit bonus with all attacks and spells by 3 for a turn.

Stats
-5 Mettle
+5 Finesse
-3 Agility
-4 Fortitude
+6 Intellect
+7 Willpower
+6 Perception
-3 Luck

Backstory/Personality
Carlos' birth and origin is a complete mystery. One day, while searching a small forest for wild fruit, a woman came across a baby with dull red eyes. Upon bringing it back to her town, every birth register in every town on the island continent was checked, but no-one had given birth recently enough to have been this child's mother. Having had no success creating children with her husband in the past, the woman took the baby as her own. Carlos was raised to be polite, modest enough to not come off as obnoxious but confident enough to desire making an effort. However, when he was discovered to also possess a knack for telekinesis, some people added this to the abnormal colour of his eyes and began to call him a demon, trying not to have anything to do with him. This taught Carlos not to speak and act unnecessarily where the judgemental eyes of others roam, so he generally only says what needs to be said. After having had to set out on his own because his parents could not afford living for all three of them and nobody wanting Carlos as a worker because a 'demon' could be bad for business, Carlos travelled, got money and food wherever he could earn it, and created a liveable, if not comfortable, existence for himself. He longs for something more, though. He longs to be accepted, to have true fun, and have a reason to smile. Recent events may not be so accommodating, though...

Picture
Carlos observes silently and intently, but offers no contentions to anything raised. He's glad Sterling's taken on a more reasonable standpoint in the issue.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

"So what should we do now?"
"We'll need to create a defensive perimeter. The two posts you've scouted can act as watch towers, but we'll need something to help us keep a look from the direction of the forests." Sterling says. He taps his finger on the table repeatedly as he thinks.
"Alright, Commander, I'm sending you and your company into the forests. See if you can find a dry, elevated spot to build a makeshift watchtower. Use a flare to signal to the camp if you find one, and try your best to ensure that the way to it is safe."
"I hope you aren't forgetting the reason we came here in the first place. Some of us depend on it more than others, Lieutenant." Bruce says.
"Getting the remaining Sigils isn't going to do us any good if some ancient mad wizard decides to ambush us, Bruce. Our own lives come first, relics second. I want to find these things as much as you do, I just know my priorities as a leader."
Bruce mutters something quietly to himself.
"Commander Oswin, get yourself a new set of armor and the equipment you need, and have your men rest, then set off. I'll brief some men and assign them to the ruined posts, hopefully we'll have a working line of watchtowers before the next sunrise."

You now have time to rest.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Kirisa, Lv 5.42 [Front]
1-4 Dmg | -3 Hit | 10 AC
- Apprentice Robe [1 AC]
- Padded Cloak [1 AC]
Spoiler:
Inventory
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]30 Corsairs
-----------------

Spellbook
[list][*]Cyclone
Conjured Blades of solidified air spin and strike the entire front row of enemies with 2d4 + WILL x 1.5 wind based damage. Each blade's To-hit is WILL + INT.
[*]White Wind
[*]Alacrity
A bolstering gust of wind increases the Agility of a single creature by 3, or that of every single party member by 1.
[*]Thorned Mirror Image
Creates a mirror image of the caster. The mirror image cannot act (but will appear to) and is otherwise indistinguishable from the original to your foes. The mirror image will vanish upon taking damage. Every 3 points of INT create an additional mirror image.
The mirror images created by this spell will explode in a volley of thorns when destroyed, dealing 1d6 damage to their destroyer. If the mirror images are dismissed by the caster himself, however, he will take 1d3 damage for each.
[*]Focused Thunderwall
Creates a stationary barrier of contained lightning that stays active for INT+1 turns. Anything passing through it will take 2d2 + WILL + 1 lightning damage.
[*]Crushing Cold Snap
Flash freezes a single target with a sudden blast of arctic air, inflicting WILLx1.5 cold damage, and an additional [12 - (target's FORT)] blunt damage, to the target, and half of that to anyone standing adjacently to them. Due to the sudden nature of the spell, it cannot be dodged. Those hit by the spell must make a FORT check vs 10+INT or also become chilled for two turns.
[*] ---[/list]

When channeled with energy by another mage, all spells cast by the mage inside the circle will have their powers multiplied by those of the channeler. The empowerment occurs exponentially for every additional channeler, and uses spellpoints from the channelers instead of the caster. An additional cost, randomly determined, will also be taken from each channeler for every spell cast.[/list]

If she just stares at an individual hard enough, Kirisa actually sees more than first meets the eye. At the cost of her minor action, all combat-relevant stats of the target are revealed.
This is an upgrade to your Magic Eye ability. Targets you have "scanned" will take 1 more point of damage from any source, and have their FORT and WILL checks penalized by 5. The effect lasts until the end of combat. You may choose when the effect is applied and when it isn't.
Your encounter with the Serpent has given you a deeper understanding of true Malice.
This is an upgrade to your Marked For Death ability. Targets marked for death will receive 10% more damage from your own attacks and spells.
[/list]
This is an upgrade to your Magic Eye ability. When activating Magic Eye, you may also cause a strong sensation of fear and horrifying visions in your target, disorienting them. This cannot be used in conjunction with Mark for Death.[/list]
This is a minor action. Using a secret (and pretty draining) technique, Kirisa drastically increases the power of her next spell, causing all of its effects to be increased by 50% (rounded up).
When dealing with circle magic, you may consume 1 use of this ability to negate 1 spellpoint cost, and a single instance of the chaotic circle effects.
Whenever an unfamiliar spell (or a different version of a familiar) is cast, there is a 25% chance Kirisa may be able to learn that spell as well (always optional - I have to make my decision in my next post after the check is passed.); however, there is a random chance that she may not learn the exact same spell, but a slightly different version instead (based on what she sees and how well she manages to copy it). The chance of success is increased to 50% if Kirisa has used her Magic Eye ability on the user of the spell beforehand (but she might still not learn the same spell). This ability can also be used to "upgrade" spells she already knows, if she manages to see someone use an improved version of such a spell (and the differences are not just due to the user having a higher Int/Will than her). The chances of success are the same.
In any case, if the check is passed, I will be shown the spell Kirisa would learn before I choose whether I want her to learn it or not.
Paying this much attention to others' spells in combat requires a lot of concentration; after two attempts (successful or not), her concentration dwindles enough that she can still fight normally, but no longer pay attention to others' spells well enough to copy them.
[/list]

This ability can only be activiated if Kirisa's remaining HP are at 1/2 or less.
In this condition, Kirisa's WIL is doubled. At the same time, however, reaction abilities will no longer trigger, and triggering Magic Shield completely depletes her remaining MP instead of only using one. If she is knocked out in this condition, she will take significantly longer to recover than usual.

At any time, Kirisa can enter a state of trance. In this state, her physical capabilities are reduced, but she gains the ability to absorb the magical power of others' spells to restore her own mana. Her Finesse, Agility and Perception are reduced by 1 and reaction abilities (as well as Magic Shield) will no longer trigger, but any spell targeting Kirisa will restore one spell point in addition to any of its other effects (even if it knocks her out or completely misses).[/list]

If Kirisa gets hit by an attack that would normally knock her out, she instead uses 1 MP to withstand the attack with 1 HP remaining. This ability will not work if she doesn't have any MP left or already is at 1 HP beforehand. Passive damage from status ailments will not be blocked either.
[*]Pragmatism [ 120 AP ]
Kirisa is quick to grasp the basics of a spell, and tends to find ways to improve them that don't occur to others.
When learning a new spell, she gets a +6 bonus on the Luck check determining its effectiveness.

After all she has endured up to this point, Kirisa has developed the ability to withstand even wounds that other people of her build would never be able to survive. Kirisa's max. HP are increased by 4.
[*]Cute [ 0 AP ]
NPCs - enemy or not - have a tendency to react not as hostilely to Kirisa as they might to other people. Their intentions behind this, however, vary...[/list]

Attributes:
-3 Mettle
±0 Finesse
+4 Agility
-1 Fortitude
+7 Intellect
+6 Willpower
±0 Perception
-4 Luck

Misc.:

Appearance:
- Not very tall
- A little pale
- White socks
- Light blue shoes
- Appears to be fairly young (around 13 or 14 maybe), but acts more maturely than her appearance would suggest

Back out of the tent, Kirisa and Carlos now finally have some time for themselves after all the incidents since coming to this place. The little witch takes a deep breath of fresh air to try and get a clear mind. For the myriad of things that could kill her here, pushing thoughts about them aside is surprisingly easy. Kirisa's initial reason for coming here was to find the well, simply because Gideon said she might die if she doesn't... ...but for some reason, that goal seems to be moving further and further away. And yet the little witch can't even muster the will to really care. When she thinks about the future, her mind is just as blank as when she tries to remember the past.

Next up... Ah, yes, there was something about spells.
"Alright then, Carlos, let's get started."
Kirisa attempts to teach Carlos her Cyclone spell, and upon noticing that his version of Mirror Image is the standard one, offers to try and teach him her thorned variant as well.

Afterwards, she attempts to re-envision her Cyclone, White Wind and Alacrity spells, thinking about ways to improve upon them.
Last edited by Shade on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Carlos, Level 5 [09]
Telekinetic

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Abilities
Telekinesis: Carlos can use Magical Forces [1-6] in place of physical weapons. When wielding Magical Forces, his Intelligence replaces his Mettle for purposes of damage and attack bonuses. [320 AP]
_________
Sense Motive: When conversing with NPCs, you will automatically make perception checks against them. Successful results yield additional information through body language, inflection, manner of speech, etc. [Chapter end gain]
_________
Overwhelming Conviction: Carlos has discovered that he can use his telekinetic powers directly on other people's minds. Once per person he may attempt a WILL check against them to make them see his side of things. [Chapter end gain]
_________
Inner Gale: While in battle, Carlos creates a general outwards force around himself, giving him +5 AC against melee attacks. [230 AP]
_________
Face Fault [2 uses]: Carlos closes a force around the target's head and draws it straight down to the ground, inflicting WILx2 + INT damage and leaving the enemy unable to act for the next turn as they get up again. The latter effect does not apply to magical floating enemies and the like. [100 AP]
_________

Spells [5/6 total] [6 per battle]
Patch: The target of this spell will recover [WILL]+[INT/2] HP.

Shock Bolt: Deals WILLx1.5 lightning damage to a single target, and has an [INTx2]% chance to stun them for a turn. Targets soaked in water or clad in metal will take additional damage and are even more likely to be dazed.

Mirror Image: Creates a mirror image of the caster. The mirror image cannot act (but will appear to) and is otherwise indistinguishable from the original to your foes. The mirror image will vanish upon taking damage. Every 3 points of INT create an additional mirror image.

Empowered Thunderwall: Creates a stationary barrier of contained lightning that stays active for INT turns. Anything passing through it will take 2d2 + WILL +2 lightning damage.

Jagged Lightning Bolt: Summons a direct strike of lightning at a single target, dealing 25 + WILLx2 lightning damage. This spell has an innate +2 bonus to hit, and will cause its victim to be stunned for INT/3 turns, unless they pass a FORT check of 7+INT. This spell can only be cast outside, and requires both a major and a minor action.

Hindering White Wind: A restorative breeze recovers 30 + WILL x 5 % of the target's maximum HP, and lowers their Hit bonus with all attacks and spells by 3 for a turn.

Stats
-5 Mettle
+5 Finesse
-3 Agility
-4 Fortitude
+6 Intellect
+7 Willpower
+6 Perception
-3 Luck

Backstory/Personality
Carlos' birth and origin is a complete mystery. One day, while searching a small forest for wild fruit, a woman came across a baby with dull red eyes. Upon bringing it back to her town, every birth register in every town on the island continent was checked, but no-one had given birth recently enough to have been this child's mother. Having had no success creating children with her husband in the past, the woman took the baby as her own. Carlos was raised to be polite, modest enough to not come off as obnoxious but confident enough to desire making an effort. However, when he was discovered to also possess a knack for telekinesis, some people added this to the abnormal colour of his eyes and began to call him a demon, trying not to have anything to do with him. This taught Carlos not to speak and act unnecessarily where the judgemental eyes of others roam, so he generally only says what needs to be said. After having had to set out on his own because his parents could not afford living for all three of them and nobody wanting Carlos as a worker because a 'demon' could be bad for business, Carlos travelled, got money and food wherever he could earn it, and created a liveable, if not comfortable, existence for himself. He longs for something more, though. He longs to be accepted, to have true fun, and have a reason to smile. Recent events may not be so accommodating, though...

Picture
Another day over. When Carlos thinks back, he could probably describe many of the events as scarring or having some nasty afterthought, but it seems not to faze him as much as the sense of enjoyment he felt while they all worked together to fight the crab, or the more baser sense of connection he experienced learning Kirisa's magic. It seems that people and interacting with them really do bring out the better in Carlos...
But then... if he were to attach himself too much to someone... it would all go wrong again.
Carlos doesn't think he'll be able to take it if it happens a second time... He shakes the thought out of his head, and tries to focus on what Kirisa is teaching.
...It may be a good idea not to let himself get too close to her...
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Kirisa - Teaching a spell
Kirisa: 20 + 03 = 23.
Teaching bonus: 6

The cyclone spell... You've relied on it so much lately that the motions have practically become reflex. Teaching them properly is simply a matter of tapping that reflex again.

Carlos - Learning Cyclone:

Intellect check, DC 24 18:
Carlos: 02 + 06 = 08. Failed.
Luck check:
Carlos: 19 - 03 + 06 -05 = 17

You learn:
[*]Regulating Cyclone
Conjured Blades of solidified air spin and strike the entire front row of enemies with 2d4 + WILL x 1.5 wind based damage. Each blade's To-hit is WILL + INT.You may directly control one of the projectiles conjured by this spell, increasing its damage by 2 and actively guiding its trajectory, guaranteeing a successful hit as long as you can see your target.
As you practice the form of the spell, you realize that you seem to be exerting some manner of control over the cyclone blades... You can only really manipulate one at a time, but it's still bound to be helpful.

You try to concentrate, given all the new spells you've seen lately, there must be some components you could introduce to your spells to improve them...

Kirisa - Contemplating Cyclone:
Luck check:
Kirisa: 06 - 04 = 02

Kirisa - Contemplating White Wind:
Luck check:
Kirisa: 04 - 04 = 00

Kirisa - Contemplating Alacrity:
Luck check:
Kirisa: 03 - 04 = -01

... but unfortunately, anything you attempt ends up severely weakening them or creating nearly-disastrous results... You decide to forget your results and scrap them altogether.

Carlos - Contemplating Patch:
Luck check:
Carlos: 11 - 03 = 08

You may modify your Patch spell:
[*]Confined Patch
The target of this spell will recover [WILL]+[INT/2] HP.
This spell will not heal damage over 90% of the target's max HP.
Carlos - Contemplating Shock Bolt:
Luck check:
Carlos: 01 - 03 = -02

Carlos - Contemplating Mirror Image:
Luck check:
Carlos: 13 - 03 = 10

You may modify your Mirror Image spell:
[*]Chimeric Mirror Image
The number of images created by this spell is reduced by four (down to a minimum of one). Aside from casting this spell on yourself as usual, you can also cast it on a single enemy, creating copies of your target. "Hostile" mirror images that you create overload their target with sensory information, causing them to become disoriented and confused for as long they exist. The more images there are, the more severe the disorientation. You (the caster of the spell) can distinguish between the copies and the real thing, but your allies cannot. Casting this spell requires both a major and a minor action.
As you test out various modifications to your Mirror Image spell, you come across a variant of particular interest...
It seems that with this version, you can create mirror images of others as well - and the most peculiar detail: They appear to sense what their image is sensing, resulting in a very disorienting sensory overload as they now have to deal with twice as many stimuli in their surroundings, with no way of distinguishing what parts of it are their own vision, and what parts are those of their mirror images.
It's much, much harder to conjure more than one image with this variant (in fact, you still can't create more than one, no matter how hard you try), but this version might have some unique offensive applications, especially if you can figure out how to make more than one at a time.

I didn't bother giving you the results for the really low rolls, no sense in wasting time writing new modifiers no one would willfully take.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Kirisa, Lv 5.42 [Front]
1-4 Dmg | -3 Hit | 10 AC
- Apprentice Robe [1 AC]
- Padded Cloak [1 AC]
Spoiler:
Inventory
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]30 Corsairs
-----------------

Spellbook
[list][*]Cyclone
[*]White Wind
[*]Alacrity
[*]Thorned Mirror Image
[*]Focused Thunderwall
[*]Crushing Cold Snap
[*] ---[/list]

[/list]
[/list]

[*]Pragmatism [ 120 AP ]

[*]Cute [ 0 AP ]

Attributes:
-3 Mettle
±0 Finesse
+4 Agility
-1 Fortitude
+7 Intellect
+6 Willpower
±0 Perception
-4 Luck

Misc.:

Appearance:
- Not very tall
- A little pale
- White socks
- Light blue shoes

The results of Carlos' Cyclone look promising - Kirisa expected him to put a lot of force into it, but instead he uses his telekinetic powers to directly guide some of the wind blades where he wants them to hit. Quite impressive.
"Well done; this spell has been my main form of defense since as long as I can remember, and yet you surpassed my proficiency with it in not even an hour. I guess your powers are quite well-suited to spells like these."

And now for her own spells... She's seen a lot of new spells lately, some impressive, some less so. It's quite interesting how different people often subconsciously apply their own distinctive differences to the very same spell, ending up with their very own personal 'brand' of it...
...yet when she contemplates ways to improve her ever-so-reliable Cyclone, White Wind and Alacrity spells, she absolutely cannot think of any. Everything that comes to mind would just weaken their power or make them hazardous to herself, and she can't copy Carlos' telekinesis... It seems like now that she's actively trying to find improvements, all the obvious solutions escape her mind.
Frustrated with her inability to come up with anything helpful, she goes to sleep.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Carlos, Level 5 [09]
Telekinetic

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Abilities
_________
_________
_________
_________
_________

Spells [6/6 total] [6 per battle]

Regulating Cyclone: Conjured blades of solidified air spin and strike the entire front row of enemies with 2d4 + WILL x 1.5 wind based damage. Each blade's To-hit is WILL + INT.You may directly control one of the projectiles conjured by this spell, increasing its damage by 2 and actively guiding its trajectory, guaranteeing a successful hit as long as you can see your target.

Stats
-5 Mettle
+5 Finesse
-3 Agility
-4 Fortitude
+6 Intellect
+7 Willpower
+6 Perception
-3 Luck

Backstory/Personality

Picture
Pleased with the results of their spellcasting considerations, Carlos adds his version of Cyclone to his repertoire and discards his readiness to cast Patch to do so. It was clearly inferior to White Wind, and all he needed to circumvent the drawbacks of the latter was co-ordination.
Kirisa seemed to want to knock off right away this evening, and Carlos couldn't blame her. The work today had been quite taxing, and the fruitlessness of her attempts to improve her spells would have been the straw that broke the camel's back.
He didn't mind, though, this worked well for Carlos as well. If he was up much longer he would start remembering despite his best efforts anyway, so he followed suit and turned in for the evening too.
Last edited by Agent of Dread on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

- HP restored, spells and abilities recovered -

You spend a couple of hours practicing your spellcraft and resting at camp before the party regroups in the early afternoon.
Oswin is wearing a new set of steel breastplate armor. Without all the fur and bone decorations of his old suit, he looks almost like a regular officer. Strapped to his armor's girdle is a large pack of equipment - healing flasks, tools and flares for signaling the camp.
You spot something new strapped on Bruce's belt as well. It appears to be some kind of totem crudely sewn and assembled from the shell fragments from the crab, covered in runes. It's strapped just at arm's reach - you wonder what its purpose might be.

You leave camp and head straight north, towards the forest.

Travel, DC: 200
  • Phase 1/6: 992
  • Phase 2/6: 546
  • Phase 3/6: 668
  • Phase 4/6: 606
  • Phase 5/6: 584
  • Phase 6/6: 270
Spoiler:
Your trek is mostly uneventful. You reach the edge of the thick forests, its trees tall and dense, creating a heavy shade over the earth - earth that becomes gradually more solid the further north you step. The atmosphere here is fresh, heavy, moist, and teeming with life - you can constantly hear the sounds of birds, insects and other animals from nearly every direction - most of them you have never heard in your entire life. In fact, you've never been in a place this... green. There are no roads, no clear paths where people might have traveled. This place is completely wild and primal.
Spoiler:
The scale of this map is much smaller - Each hex represents about a minute's walk.
You can't see very far ahead in here, due to the heavy shade and the density of the trees, making it difficult to asses your surroundings.
"Any suggestions on which way to go? Davis?"
"I see a slab of rock to the west and just slightly to the north of here. It's not as tall as the ones the posts are built on, but it's almost as tall as the trees. If it won't fit as a foundation for the watchtower, at the very least we'll see the forest better from there."
"Hold on, before we go find that spot for the tower..." Bruce says as he draws a dagger from under his cloak. You recognize it - it's the same unique dagger he used to carve those rune circles back on the Hermit. He holds it gently and lifts it up. The blade slowly turns and points to a direction deeper in the forest, its runic patterns pulsing with light.
"One of the sigils is nearby. Straight north. I say we retrieve it before we take care of the watchtower business."

~ What do you think? Should you go after the sigil first, or does the safety that the watchtower will provide, take priority? ~
Shade

Post by Shade »

Kirisa, Lv 5.42 [Front]
MP: ■■■■■■■
1-4 Dmg | -3 Hit | 10 AC
- Apprentice Robe [1 AC]
- Padded Cloak [1 AC]
Spoiler:
Inventory
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]30 Corsairs
-----------------

Spellbook
[list][*]Cyclone
[*]White Wind
[*]Alacrity
[*]Thorned Mirror Image
[*]Focused Thunderwall
[*]Crushing Cold Snap
[*] ---[/list]

Active Abilities[list][*]Magic Eye [ 2 / 2 ] [ 100 AP ]
[/list]
[*][R] Magic Imitation [ 2 / 2 ] [ 180 AP ]
[/list]

[*]Pragmatism [ 120 AP ]

[*]Cute [ 0 AP ]

Attributes:
-3 Mettle
±0 Finesse
+4 Agility
-1 Fortitude
+7 Intellect
+6 Willpower
±0 Perception
-4 Luck

Misc.:

Appearance:
- Not very tall
- A little pale
- White socks
- Light blue shoes

"First things first, Bruce. Having a fortified watchtower out here will not only provide us with a safe hideout in case we need it, it also allows us to get a better look at our surroundings - including the sigil - and gives us prior warning to any dangers that might be closeby.
I too am in a hurry to find the well and open it, but there's no point rushing head-first into unknown dangers."
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

• Image | Oswin | Healthy |
"Yes. I was going to say the exact same thing - We should be able to see much farther from a higher ground anyway. It's good that a sigil is nearby, though, we'll go retrieve it as soon as we find a spot for a tower."
Bruce seems dissatisfied, but he doesn't say anything else for now.
You walk to the northwest, in the direction where the elevated stone slab lies.

"Bruce, what are you going to do about your arm? Can you not fix it with a spell?" Cassandra says.
"I could if I had the necessary reagents... or if I could cast the spell from memory, instead of from the texts at the mage tower... and we have neither of those things here."
"I wish we had the means to fix it now. I hate the fact that we can't have you operating on your full capacity... if things gets serious, that injury might be the difference between life and death for many of us."
"...who said I can't operate on my full capacity?"

The conversation, however, is cut short as it is interrupted by the sound of some kind of large trampling beast running amok in the forest... Everyone quiets down to listen, and then immediately realize that whatever it is, it appears to be getting closer and closer with every moment.

"What is that?!"
"Don't know, but It's getting closer. We should hide." Rika says, remaining calm.
"Over there. Let's go!" Davis says, as he runs towards a wide tree covered at its base by foliage. The group follows and each takes his position either hiding behind the massive tree or masked inside the thick bushes and plants. The sound of the trampling beast gets closer and closer... As moments pass, the sound begins to remind you more and more of that of a charging horse...

Suddenly a massive figure bursts from the trees and blitzes over the spot you were standing, leaving tracks in the ground...
A large four-legged juggernaut, with the upper body of a man and the lower body of a steed. Its bulky armor and helmet are carved from dark bone. It brandishes a pair of bladed pickaxes, evidently also carved from bone, swinging and twirling them around expertly as it rends itself a path through the tree branches in its way. Its horned bone helmet possesses a large, oval gap in the center, instead of a defined visor that one would expect a full helmet to have.

It circles the spot where you stood quickly and furiously, at least five times, before stopping in its spot, with its back facing you. You begin to hear strange incoherent whispers now that it has stopped moving. You also hear more trampling not far from here...
A few moments of terrified silence pass as everyone tries to be quiet and still. You can hear only the faint sound of your own breath and the strange whispers from the massive beast. The second set of trampling hooves in the distance comes gradually closer all the while.

A second figure appears from the bushes, charging straight at your current position! The first figure turns around immediately to face you. They're both approaching rapidly, pickaxes raised high!
  • Image | ??? | 70/70 | Front | |
  • Image | ??? | 70/70 | Distant | Charging |
Shade

Post by Shade »

Kirisa, Lv 5.42 [Front]
1-4 Dmg | -3 Hit | 10 AC
- Apprentice Robe [1 AC]
- Padded Cloak [1 AC]
Spoiler:
Inventory
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]30 Corsairs
-----------------

Spellbook
[list][*]Cyclone
[*]White Wind
[*]Alacrity
[*]Thorned Mirror Image
[*]Focused Thunderwall
[*]Crushing Cold Snap
[*] ---[/list]

Active Abilities[list][*]Magic Eye [ 2 / 2 ] [ 100 AP ]
[/list]
[*][R] Magic Imitation [ 2 / 2 ] [ 180 AP ]
[/list]

[*]Pragmatism [ 120 AP ]

[*]Cute [ 0 AP ]

Attributes:
-3 Mettle
±0 Finesse
+4 Agility
-1 Fortitude
+7 Intellect
+6 Willpower
±0 Perception
-4 Luck

Misc.:

Appearance:
- Not very tall
- A little pale
- White socks
- Light blue shoes

Damn it, I want to set up three different things, but don't have the time for all of them.

Damn it! What the hell are these things!? And why are they...
In any case, as it looks like they've been spotted, they should start defending themselves...
...actually, maybe the little witch can distract them.

Kirisa uses her red eye to read into one of the creatures' souls, but once again loses control.
She also creates thorned mirror images of herself to distract them.

Magic Eye + MarkForDeath/Malice @ one of them, Thorned Mirror Image
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Carlos, Level 5 [09]
Telekinetic
    AP: 160

[Face Fault: 2/2] [Spells: 6/6]

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Abilities
_________
_________
_________
_________
_________

Spells [6/6 total] [6 per battle]

Regulating Cyclone: Conjured blades of solidified air spin and strike the entire front row of enemies with 2d4 + WILL x 1.5 wind based damage. Each blade's To-hit is WILL + INT.You may directly control one of the projectiles conjured by this spell, increasing its damage by 2 and actively guiding its trajectory, guaranteeing a successful hit as long as you can see your target.

Stats
-5 Mettle
+5 Finesse
-3 Agility
-4 Fortitude
+6 Intellect
+7 Willpower
+6 Perception
-3 Luck

Backstory/Personality

Picture
A rather nondescript beginning to their travels. Carlos didn't bother to make much discussion during the walk, instead opting to observe the changing scenery. Greenery like this was rare even in the lands beyond Fellspire, so he was sure to drink in the sight.
When they discussed whether to pursue the Sigil immediately or scout the area first, Carlos was partial more to the first idea, but convincing and reasonable arguments to the contrary were brought out before Carlos could put any of his own into words, he didn't bother to raise an objection.
And then the thundering gallops resounded throughout the canopy. Although Carlos was always good at hiding his presence, he still felt uneasy with that enormous centaur-like figure stalking through the underbrush. Which didn't help matters when another came charging right towards them, but Carlos knew he had to resolve himself. They were with Oswin and the others now; they were surely able to overcome this challenge. He quickly assessed the situation, and then shuffled back behind the more able of the fighters so that he could work his particular brand of offensive power more effectively.
Without enough time to cast a lightning bolt for the time being, he decided on a second course of action. Over the years he'd seen a few things; although it didn't happen often, horses occasionally found themselves in quite some trouble should they be felled. He immediately enclosed his manipulative forces around the head of the charging horse to try and throw it down -- to topple it, and make it quite difficult for it to get back up.
Face Fault on distant centaur.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

• Image | Carlos (AoD) ___| 15/15 | Lv 05 | [Cover] |
  • Image | Kirisa (Shade) _..| 19/19 | Lv 05 | [Front] | [3 Mirror Images - Throned - 1d6]
  • Image | Oswin | Heavily Injured |
  • Image | Bruce| Healthy | Cover | Crippled Arm
  • Image | Cassandra | Healthy | High Ground (Tree - 2 floors)

Kirisa Invokes - Magic Eye

You stare at the closer of the two, focusing with all your might. For some reason you cannot seem to break into its mind... until you catch a faint red gleam from deep inside its helmet... identifying something oddly familiar, you connect...

A wretched, familiar sensation surfaces once more. You see blurry, impossible shapes and forms, jumbled memories and a mess of concepts and ideas swirl around your head chaotically, all the while strange, incoherent whispers taunt you from inside of your own head.
Endless years of rampage, tearing through an endless dark forest, killing anything alive in its path. This creature is in a perpetual state of hunting - fueled by an impossible drive to kill. Within a single second, you experience, from the perspective of this creature, the death of all of the living creatures it has ever slain...
Spoiler:
70 HP

12-22 Dmg | +22 Hit | +18 AC

Fallen Soul
This creature is a demon, and as such is immortal. Killing it will cause it to lose its physical form for an unknown duration of time. The only thing able to destroy it completely is the act of demonic banishment (whether by using circle magic or some other ability).

Cyclops
This creature has no peripheral vision. It possesses only a single, large, red eye. This must be the reason for the peculiar design of its helmet.

Hunter Sense
This creature receives +10 to perception checks against living beings, and can "look" at anything in its surroundings without actually turning its gaze at it (by extension this means that sneaking up on it is no different that walking face to face towards it).

Trample
Enemies caught under this creature's massive body will be trampled, taking damage as if they were hit by a standard attack and knocked down for a turn, without the creature itself exerting actions. Unless the creature moves on its own, they will continue to be trampled and receive damage until they can escape.

Warhorse
Due to its massive build and shape, all knockdown, tackle and most special maneuver checks on this creature receive a -8 penalty, and melee counter attacks have a 50% chance of failing outright. Hitting this creature with AOE spells is easier, however, and it receives a -4 penalty to its own AGI checks against them.

Charge Aptitude
When performing a charge attack, receive an additional 25% damage, +4 to hit, and always act first. You may also immediately begin to trample the target of the attack if it hit.

Shattering the Phalanx [1/1]
A special attack that breaks through the front row - attacking a single opponent in cover, trampling a single opponent in the front, and attacking an additional enemy in the front for every weapon that you have equipped (each of the several targets of this attack must be a different individual).

Dual Mastery
Mastery at fighting with two weapons simultaneously - This creature doesn't receive penalties for dual wielding, and attacking with both weapons constitutes a single major action. If both of the weapons are similar in size, shape and function, a bonus to-hit is also granted.

Dual Defense
Reactive ability - 50% chance to block a melee attack using the second equipped weapon. Can only block once per turn in this manner, and on the turn following a successful block, the second weapon's attack receives -8 to hit.

Scissor Strike [3/3]
A single attack with both weapons at once, each with +2 to hit, and each dealing 125% standard damage. If one of the attacks rolls a natural 20, it is a killing blow, and the target's HP drops to 0 instantly if the attack is a hit.
The victim of a killing blow may attempt a fortitude check vs the creature's Mettle - if passed, the killing blow deals 200% damage instead.

Attributes
Mettle - Superior
Finesse - High
Agility - Average
Fortitude - Superior
Intellect - Below Average
Willpower - Average
Perception - Superior
Luck - Terrible
... and it's time to close that cycle.

??? A is Marked For Death - +1 Damage from all sources, -5 WILL and FORT.
??? A is affected by Malice - 10% more vulnerable to Kirisa's attacks and spells.

Kirisa casts - Thorned Mirror Image

===============================

With the spell you learned during your spar, you create 3 mirror images of yourself. They stand ready at even spaces apart from yourself and mimic your movement perfectly, hiding a deadly surprise at their core.

Carlos - Retreats to Cover

Carlos - Invokes Face Fault on ??? - B
Special condition: ??? - B's Warhorse ability reduces damage by 8.
??? B receives 12 damage.
??? B's Charge is interrupted.
??? B is knocked down.

You retreat behind the line of offense, where Bruce is already standing, casting a spell of his own. With not enough time to cast the time-consuming thunderbolt spell in your repertoire, you instead focus your telekinetic power to grab and bring down the distant charging beast. Its massive size and durability protect it from much of the force of impact, but you successfully managed to break its charge - no telling if it was even possible to stop it had it been allowed to clash into your group as it had intended.

"Shit! What are these things?!" Rika shouts.
"Demons. "Hunters"." Bruce says.
""Hunters"?" She says, seemingly uncomfortable with the name.
""Head Hunters", the lower body of a horse and the upper body of a wild warrior. They're consumed with killing, much more so than any other demon." Bruce explains.
"So let's kill them!" Oswin shouts, raising his mace high at the distant centaur before Carlos pins the same one down.
"Nice shot kid." He says, and advances forward.

"Think you're tough, you piece of trash?! I'll dismount you." he taunts the closer, now approaching "Head Hunter".

??? A is now targeting Oswin.

Bruce casts - Lightning Bolt @ ??? A
Bruce failed to cast the spell.

Bruce tries to summon a thunderstrike at the approaching centaur, but mistimes one of the crucial gestures and the spell does not trigger.

Oswin - Attacks ??? A
Oswin: 04 + 18 = 22.
??? A: 06 + 18 = 24.
Miss.

Rika - Attacks ??? A
Rika: 05 + 14 = 19.
??? A: 16 + 18 = 34.
Miss.

Davis - Attacks ??? A
Davis: 17 + 12 = 29.
??? A: 10 + 18 = 28.
Dual Defense - Failed.
Hit! 14+1 damage.

Oswin and Rika charge at the approaching juggernaut, swinging their weapons, but he expertly deflects and dodges their efforts. Davis flanks him, and while the beast reacts fast enough to try and block him, it is too little, too late, as Davis swerves to the side and leaves a mean cut on its large, muscular equine belly.

Cassandra - Acrobatics
Cassandra is now on higher ground.

Cassandra - attacks ??? A
Cassandra: 11 + 16 + 04 = 32.
??? A: 02 + 18 = 20.
Hit! 5+1 damage.
??? A is unaffected by the poison.

Cassandra immediately jumps up, latches on to a large branch, climbs it, and leaps to another, taller, nearby branch. From above she quickly throws a single steel dart at her target below, jamming it into its forearm.

??? B gets up.

??? A - Attacks Oswin - Scissor Strike.
??? A: 01 + 24 = 25.
Oswin: 11 + 19 = 30.
Miss
??? A: 19 + 24 = 43.
Oswin: 17 + 19 = 36.
Hit! 21*1.25 = 26 Damage.

As the distant of the two stands up, the closer one closes in on Oswin and swings both weapons at him in opposite directions, closing in from both sides. Oswin manages to deflect one of the weapons, but he is unprepared for the second coming at him from the other side, and the pickaxe punches through the plating of his armor and lodges into the side of his abdomen. As the centaur pulls the bloodsoaked weapon out, a gush of dark blood follows it like the tail of a comet, and in a fluid, almost beautiful motion the centaur instantly rebounds, ready for another attack.
  • Image | ??? A | 49/70 | Front | MFD:+1 | -5 WILL, FORT | Malice, 10% (Kirisa)
  • Image | ??? B | 58/70 | Cover |