Deliverance PnP - Game Thread

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Re: Deliverance PnP - Game Thread

Post by Shade »

Kirisa, Lv 5.22 [Front]
HP: 19/19
MP: ■■■■■■■
1-4 Dmg | -3 Hit | 10 AC
- [10/10] Throwing Knives [1d4 dmg]
- Jack's Hat [Bonus EXP for pacifist conduct in battle]
- Apprentice Robe [1 AC]
- Padded Cloak [1 AC]
Spoiler:
Inventory
[list][*][5/5] Healing Flasks [ Restores 5 HP ]
[*]Ring of Spell Storing [ White Wind ]
[*]Alain's Dagger [ 1d5 dmg | +1 Hit ]
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]30 Corsairs
-----------------
[*][Q] Stained Dress[/list]

Spellbook
[list][*]Cyclone
[Current: 2d4+9 dmg, +13 Hit]
Conjured Blades of solidified air spin and strike the entire front row of enemies with 2d4 + WILL x 1.5 wind based damage. Each blade's To-hit is WILL + INT.
[*]White Wind
[Current: 60%]
A restorative breeze recovers 30 + WILL x 5 % of the target's maximum HP.
[*]Alacrity
A bolstering gust of wind increases the Agility of a single creature by 3, or that of every single party member by 1.
[*]Thorned Mirror Image
[Current: 3 images]
Creates a mirror image of the caster. The mirror image cannot act (but will appear to) and is otherwise indistinguishable from the original to your foes. The mirror image will vanish upon taking damage. Every 3 points of INT create an additional mirror image.
The mirror images created by this spell will explode in a volley of thorns when destroyed, dealing 1d6 damage to their destroyer. If the mirror images are dismissed by the caster himself, however, he will take 1d3 damage for each.
[*]Focused Thunderwall
[Current: 2d2+7 dmg, 8 turns]
Creates a stationary barrier of contained lightning that stays active for INT+1 turns. Anything passing through it will take 2d2 + WILL + 1 lightning damage.
Casting this spell requires both a major and a minor action.
[*]Crushing Cold Snap
[Current: 9+12 dmg | DC 17]
Flash freezes a single target with a sudden blast of arctic air, inflicting WILLx1.5 cold damage, and an additional [12 - (target's FORT)] blunt damage, to the target, and half of that to anyone standing adjacently to them. Due to the sudden nature of the spell, it cannot be dodged. Those hit by the spell must make a FORT check vs 10+INT or also become chilled for two turns.
[*] ---[/list]

Runes [ Chapter 0 reward ]
[list][*]Convoluted Circle of Empowering
Cost: 1 Spellpoint, Creation Time: 3 Turns.
When channeled with energy by another mage, all spells cast by the mage inside the circle will have their powers multiplied by those of the channeler. The empowerment occurs exponentially for every additional channeler, and uses spellpoints from the channelers instead of the caster. An additional cost, randomly determined, will also be taken from each channeler for every spell cast.[/list]

Active Abilities[list][*]Magic Eye [ 2 / 2 ] [ 100 AP ]
If she just stares at an individual hard enough, Kirisa actually sees more than first meets the eye. At the cost of her minor action, all combat-relevant stats of the target are revealed.
[list][*]Mark for Death [ Chapter 2a reward ]
This is an upgrade to your Magic Eye ability. Targets you have "scanned" will take 1 more point of damage from any source, and have their FORT and WILL checks penalized by 5. The effect lasts until the end of combat. You may choose when the effect is applied and when it isn't.
[list][*]Malice [ Chapter 4 reward ]
Your encounter with the Serpent has given you a deeper understanding of true Malice.
This is an upgrade to your Marked For Death ability. Targets marked for death will receive 10% more damage from your own attacks and spells.
[/list]
[*]Daunt [ Chapter 3 reward ]
This is an upgrade to your Magic Eye ability. When activating Magic Eye, you may also cause a strong sensation of fear and horrifying visions in your target, disorienting them. This cannot be used in conjunction with Mark for Death.[/list]
[*]Sign of The Witch [ 1 / 1 ] [ 140 AP ]
This is a minor action. Using a secret (and pretty draining) technique, Kirisa drastically increases the power of her next spell, causing all of its effects to be increased by 50% (rounded up).
[*]Indomitable Soul [ 1 / 1 ] [ Chapter 1 reward ]
When dealing with circle magic, you may consume 1 use of this ability to negate 1 spellpoint cost, and a single instance of the chaotic circle effects.
[*][R] Magic Imitation [ 0 / 2 ] [ 180 AP ]
Whenever an unfamiliar spell (or a different version of a familiar) is cast, there is a 25% chance Kirisa may be able to learn that spell as well (always optional - I have to make my decision in my next post after the check is passed.); however, there is a random chance that she may not learn the exact same spell, but a slightly different version instead (based on what she sees and how well she manages to copy it). The chance of success is increased to 50% if Kirisa has used her Magic Eye ability on the user of the spell beforehand (but she might still not learn the same spell). This ability can also be used to "upgrade" spells she already knows, if she manages to see someone use an improved version of such a spell (and the differences are not just due to the user having a higher Int/Will than her). The chances of success are the same.
In any case, if the check is passed, I will be shown the spell Kirisa would learn before I choose whether I want her to learn it or not.
Paying this much attention to others' spells in combat requires a lot of concentration; after two attempts (successful or not), her concentration dwindles enough that she can still fight normally, but no longer pay attention to others' spells well enough to copy them.
[/list]

Sustained Abilities[list][*]Boundary of Life and Death [ 130 AP ]
This ability can only be activiated if Kirisa's remaining HP are at 1/2 or less.
In this condition, Kirisa's WIL is doubled. At the same time, however, reaction abilities will no longer trigger, and triggering Magic Shield completely depletes her remaining MP instead of only using one. If she is knocked out in this condition, she will take significantly longer to recover than usual.

[*]Mana Battery [ 130 AP ]
At any time, Kirisa can enter a state of trance. In this state, her physical capabilities are reduced, but she gains the ability to absorb the magical power of others' spells to restore her own mana. Her Finesse, Agility and Perception are reduced by 1 and reaction abilities (as well as Magic Shield) will no longer trigger, but any spell targeting Kirisa will restore one spell point in addition to any of its other effects (even if it knocks her out or completely misses).[/list]

Passive Abilities[list][*]Magic Shield [ 100 AP ]
If Kirisa gets hit by an attack that would normally knock her out, she instead uses 1 MP to withstand the attack with 1 HP remaining. This ability will not work if she doesn't have any MP left or already is at 1 HP beforehand. Passive damage from status ailments will not be blocked either.
[*]Pragmatism [ 120 AP ]
Kirisa is quick to grasp the basics of a spell, and tends to find ways to improve them that don't occur to others.
When learning a new spell, she gets a +6 bonus on the Luck check determining its effectiveness.

[*]Endurance [ Chapter 2 reward ]
After all she has endured up to this point, Kirisa has developed the ability to withstand even wounds that other people of her build would never be able to survive. Kirisa's max. HP are increased by 4.
[*]Cute [ 0 AP ]
NPCs - enemy or not - have a tendency to react not as hostilely to Kirisa as they might to other people. Their intentions behind this, however, vary...[/list]

Attributes:
-3 Mettle
±0 Finesse
+4 Agility
-1 Fortitude
+7 Intellect
+6 Willpower
±0 Perception
-4 Luck

Misc.:
AP: 0

Appearance:
- Middle-length purple hair with a red barrette
- Heterochromia; red left eye, purple right eye
- Not very tall
- A little pale
- Light blue dress, goes down roughly to the knees
- Wears a glowing crimson bracelet at the right hand
- White socks
- Light blue shoes
- Appears to be fairly young (around 13 or 14 maybe), but acts more maturely than her appearance would suggest

Picture by AoD, with Jack's hat:
And it works out both better and worse than she'd hoped. She has no trouble explaining and demonstrating the spell, she's just so used to it by now - but Carlos seems to have trouble copying it correctly. What he conjures isn't a gentle breeze, it's more like a harsh blast of wind that just so happens to have healing capabilities... But it can't be helped for the time being.
"You're putting too much force into it... Remember that this is a healing spell. You want to heal your target, not blast it away. Save that kind of energy for the Cyclone."
Kirisa takes a quick look around herself. Cassandra doesn't seem to be back yet, so maybe she can start with the other spell already. She takes a quick peek at what exactly Bruce has been doing, then continues with the Cyclone spell if Carlos still wants to learn it.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Carlos, Level 4 [79]
Telekinetic
  • HP: 14/14
    AP: 60

[Face Fault: 2/2] [Spells: 4/6]
    4-9 Dmg | +11 Hit | +7 AC

Weapon: Magical Forces [1-6 Dmg]
    Armour: Leather coat [2 AC]
Spoiler: Inventory and Stuff
Items: 2/10 -- Corsairs: 100
-Healing Flasks [5/5][Restores 5 HP]
-Mana Crystal [3/3][Restores 1 Spellpoint]
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Abilities
Telekinesis: Carlos can use Magical Forces [1-6] in place of physical weapons. When wielding Magical Forces, his Intelligence replaces his Mettle for purposes of damage and attack bonuses. [320 AP]
_________
Sense Motive: When conversing with NPCs, you will automatically make perception checks against them. Successful results yield additional information through body language, inflection, manner of speech, etc. [Chapter end gain]
_________
Overwhelming Conviction: Carlos has discovered that he can use his telekinetic powers directly on other people's minds. Once per person he may attempt a WILL check against them to make them see his side of things. [Chapter end gain]
_________
Inner Gale: While in battle, Carlos creates a general outwards force around himself, giving him +5 AC against melee attacks. [230 AP]
_________
Face Fault [2 uses]: Carlos closes a force around the target's head and draws it straight down to the ground, inflicting WILx2 + INT damage and leaving the enemy unable to act for the next turn as they get up again. The latter effect does not apply to magical floating enemies and the like. [100 AP]
_________

Spells [5/6 total] [6 per battle]
Patch: The target of this spell will recover [WILL]+[INT/2] HP.

Shock Bolt: Deals WILLx1.5 lightning damage to a single target, and has an [INTx2]% chance to stun them for a turn. Targets soaked in water or clad in metal will take additional damage and are even more likely to be dazed.

Mirror Image: Creates a mirror image of the caster. The mirror image cannot act (but will appear to) and is otherwise indistinguishable from the original to your foes. The mirror image will vanish upon taking damage. Every 3 points of INT create an additional mirror image.

Empowered Thunderwall: Creates a stationary barrier of contained lightning that stays active for INT turns. Anything passing through it will take 2d2 + WILL +2 lightning damage.

Jagged Lightning Bolt: Summons a direct strike of lightning at a single target, dealing 25 + WILLx2 lightning damage. This spell has an innate +2 bonus to hit, and will cause its victim to be stunned for INT/3 turns, unless they pass a FORT check of 7+INT. This spell can only be cast outside, and requires both a major and a minor action.

Hindering White Wind: A restorative breeze recovers 30 + WILL x 5 % of the target's maximum HP, and lowers their Hit bonus with all attacks and spells by 3 for a turn.

Stats
-5 Mettle
+5 Finesse
-3 Agility
-4 Fortitude
+6 Intellect
+7 Willpower
+5 Perception
-3 Luck

Backstory/Personality
Carlos' birth and origin is a complete mystery. One day, while searching a small forest for wild fruit, a woman came across a baby with dull red eyes. Upon bringing it back to her town, every birth register in every town on the island continent was checked, but no-one had given birth recently enough to have been this child's mother. Having had no success creating children with her husband in the past, the woman took the baby as her own. Carlos was raised to be polite, modest enough to not come off as obnoxious but confident enough to desire making an effort. However, when he was discovered to also possess a knack for telekinesis, some people added this to the abnormal colour of his eyes and began to call him a demon, trying not to have anything to do with him. This taught Carlos not to speak and act unnecessarily where the judgemental eyes of others roam, so he generally only says what needs to be said. After having had to set out on his own because his parents could not afford living for all three of them and nobody wanting Carlos as a worker because a 'demon' could be bad for business, Carlos travelled, got money and food wherever he could earn it, and created a liveable, if not comfortable, existence for himself. He longs for something more, though. He longs to be accepted, to have true fun, and have a reason to smile. Recent events may not be so accommodating, though...

Picture
Guess not everything goes ideally all the time... oh well.
"I think I understand, but this just seems to be a natural consequence of telekinetically creating wind."
Carlos makes an aloof face. He shouldn't be able to expect perfection all the time, but it's still frustrating not to be able to have perfected the spell. Although it is just out of Kirisa's consideration that she's teaching it, and it's still a heck of a lot better than what he's been using. The more he thinks about it, the more pointless it seems to grumble. So Carlos returns to the slightly upturned lips he was holding before.
"Anyway, I'm certainly up for another one, if you are."
Perhaps these buffets will work more favourably for an offensive spell.
Last edited by Agent of Dread on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

• Image | Kirisa (Shade) _..| 19/19 | Lv 05 | [Front] |
  • Image | Carlos (AoD) ___| 14/14 | Lv 04 | [Front] |
  • Image | Oswin | Healthy | -02 Armor AC
  • Image | Bruce| Healthy | Crippled Arm |
  • Image | Rika | Barely Injured |
  • Image | Davis | Healthy |
  • Image | Cassandra | Healthy |
You try to get a better view of what Bruce is doing, exactly, but just as you approach he erases his notes and drawings and stands up, muttering "Yes, that might work..." to himself.

Oswin seems to have been looking at the two of you as well. He approaches, and addresses Bruce.
"Bruce, I remembered something I wanted to ask you for some time now."
"What is it?"
"How come I've never seen you cast any healing spells?"
"... What are you talking about?"
"I've fought four campaigns alongside you. Never once have I seen you treating a wounded soldier. I realize retaining more spells requires more concentration, but it can't be that a mage of your caliber can create five (that I've seen) different kinds of lightning bolts, and never bothered to study something as basic as what Carlos over there was using. That's the same spell we teach all of our mages, isn't it? I think they're actually required to know it before they're considered ready for assingment."
Bruce looks at Oswin silently for a few moments. The he looks at the two of you, and then he says to him:
"This isn't the place. I'll answer your question back in camp."
Oswin nods to him without saying a word, and goes back to sit on a wide rock that he found nearby. You return to your training.

Before you can begin studying the next spell, however, Oswin gets up and stops you.
"I see Cassandra right there, you'll have to do that later, we ought to move on." He says, pointing to the west. You indeed see Cassandra running back to your position. Very, very fast, it should be noted.
"We're done." Rika declares. The crab lies twisted on its back with a massive incision on its underbelly. A large dark-purple sac about the size of a person lies on the sand beside it. Dripping green acid slowly onto the sand from the point it was severed from. Rika cleans her knife again as she observes Cassandra approaching.
"Maybe we should start moving on already? She'll catch up easily enough anyway."
"I want to confirm that the camp got it."

A couple of minutes pass and Cassandra reaches the group. She doesn't seem as winded by her run as you would expect her to be. Her face is red and she's jumpy, but her breathing is almost normal...
"What's the word?"
"Graham was rounding a couple-dozen volunteers to come and pick up the crab as I was leaving. I gave him the approximate location. Shouldn't be hard for them to spot it in this big swath of sand and nothing."
"Excellent, good work. Everyone ready to move? We still have another ruin to scout."

Loot:
- Hermit Crab Shell Fragments

- Massive Acid Sac?

:wink:
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

• Image | Davis | Healthy |
Travel, DC: 200
  • Phase 5/5: 485
Spoiler:
You reach the side of the cliff and travel along it, and see the crumbling fortifications of the eastern post peeking above it. You observe that this cut of cliff is taller than the one on the west, about seven stories tall, but otherwise very similar.
Moving north, your reach a natural slope at the edge of the rocky cliff, so you ascend it, hoping you've found a traversable path to the top, but the slope ends abruptly and it appears that you will have to climb anyway.

"Well, seems like we're still climbing." Oswin says, he pulls out a thick cloth kit from the back of his armor and unfolds it. Sitting inside are rope, some long iron spikes with looped heads, steel clips and a thick, tall, custom leather belt.
"We only need one person to reach the top and assemble it, then we can pull the rest up one at a time." He adds.
"Does anyone else know how to work this?"
No one says anything at first.
"I do... I guess I'm first." Davis then says reluctantly.
"There's six of us. Worst case scenario, we'll catch you if you fall." Rika tries to assure him.
"Make sure we do, we're not walking on sand anymore." Bruce says before tapping his boot on the hard rock floor for emphasis.
"..."
"..."
"...I'll climb first if you don't feel like you can, Davis."
"No, I'll do it. I don't think your armor will let you get up there without incident."

Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Carlos, Level 4 [79]
Telekinetic

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Abilities
Telekinesis: Carlos can use Magical Forces [1-6] in place of physical weapons. When wielding Magical Forces, his Intelligence replaces his Mettle for purposes of damage and attack bonuses. [320 AP]
_________
Sense Motive: When conversing with NPCs, you will automatically make perception checks against them. Successful results yield additional information through body language, inflection, manner of speech, etc. [Chapter end gain]
_________
Overwhelming Conviction: Carlos has discovered that he can use his telekinetic powers directly on other people's minds. Once per person he may attempt a WILL check against them to make them see his side of things. [Chapter end gain]
_________
Inner Gale: While in battle, Carlos creates a general outwards force around himself, giving him +5 AC against melee attacks. [230 AP]
_________
Face Fault [2 uses]: Carlos closes a force around the target's head and draws it straight down to the ground, inflicting WILx2 + INT damage and leaving the enemy unable to act for the next turn as they get up again. The latter effect does not apply to magical floating enemies and the like. [100 AP]
_________

Shock Bolt: Deals WILLx1.5 lightning damage to a single target, and has an [INTx2]% chance to stun them for a turn. Targets soaked in water or clad in metal will take additional damage and are even more likely to be dazed.

Mirror Image: Creates a mirror image of the caster. The mirror image cannot act (but will appear to) and is otherwise indistinguishable from the original to your foes. The mirror image will vanish upon taking damage. Every 3 points of INT create an additional mirror image.

Empowered Thunderwall: Creates a stationary barrier of contained lightning that stays active for INT turns. Anything passing through it will take 2d2 + WILL +2 lightning damage.

Jagged Lightning Bolt: Summons a direct strike of lightning at a single target, dealing 25 + WILLx2 lightning damage. This spell has an innate +2 bonus to hit, and will cause its victim to be stunned for INT/3 turns, unless they pass a FORT check of 7+INT. This spell can only be cast outside, and requires both a major and a minor action.

Hindering White Wind: A restorative breeze recovers 30 + WILL x 5 % of the target's maximum HP, and lowers their Hit bonus with all attacks and spells by 3 for a turn.

Stats
-5 Mettle
+5 Finesse
-3 Agility
-4 Fortitude
+6 Intellect
+7 Willpower
+5 Perception
-3 Luck

Backstory/Personality
Carlos' birth and origin is a complete mystery. One day, while searching a small forest for wild fruit, a woman came across a baby with dull red eyes. Upon bringing it back to her town, every birth register in every town on the island continent was checked, but no-one had given birth recently enough to have been this child's mother. Having had no success creating children with her husband in the past, the woman took the baby as her own. Carlos was raised to be polite, modest enough to not come off as obnoxious but confident enough to desire making an effort. However, when he was discovered to also possess a knack for telekinesis, some people added this to the abnormal colour of his eyes and began to call him a demon, trying not to have anything to do with him. This taught Carlos not to speak and act unnecessarily where the judgemental eyes of others roam, so he generally only says what needs to be said. After having had to set out on his own because his parents could not afford living for all three of them and nobody wanting Carlos as a worker because a 'demon' could be bad for business, Carlos travelled, got money and food wherever he could earn it, and created a liveable, if not comfortable, existence for himself. He longs for something more, though. He longs to be accepted, to have true fun, and have a reason to smile. Recent events may not be so accommodating, though...

Picture
"It may cause trouble if we actually have to break his fall, but I should be able to help out a bit with that."
Carlos creates something of a platform of upwards force which should effectively counteract the gravity pulling Davis down as he climbs, using his telekinesis. The climbing will be easier and he won't fall, or at least not very quickly.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Kirisa, Lv 5.22 [Front]
MP: ■■■■■■
1-4 Dmg | -3 Hit | 10 AC
- Apprentice Robe [1 AC]
- Padded Cloak [1 AC]
Spoiler:
Inventory
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]30 Corsairs
-----------------

Spellbook
[list][*]Cyclone
Conjured Blades of solidified air spin and strike the entire front row of enemies with 2d4 + WILL x 1.5 wind based damage. Each blade's To-hit is WILL + INT.
[*]White Wind
[*]Alacrity
A bolstering gust of wind increases the Agility of a single creature by 3, or that of every single party member by 1.
[*]Thorned Mirror Image
Creates a mirror image of the caster. The mirror image cannot act (but will appear to) and is otherwise indistinguishable from the original to your foes. The mirror image will vanish upon taking damage. Every 3 points of INT create an additional mirror image.
The mirror images created by this spell will explode in a volley of thorns when destroyed, dealing 1d6 damage to their destroyer. If the mirror images are dismissed by the caster himself, however, he will take 1d3 damage for each.
[*]Focused Thunderwall
Creates a stationary barrier of contained lightning that stays active for INT+1 turns. Anything passing through it will take 2d2 + WILL + 1 lightning damage.
[*]Crushing Cold Snap
Flash freezes a single target with a sudden blast of arctic air, inflicting WILLx1.5 cold damage, and an additional [12 - (target's FORT)] blunt damage, to the target, and half of that to anyone standing adjacently to them. Due to the sudden nature of the spell, it cannot be dodged. Those hit by the spell must make a FORT check vs 10+INT or also become chilled for two turns.
[*] ---[/list]

When channeled with energy by another mage, all spells cast by the mage inside the circle will have their powers multiplied by those of the channeler. The empowerment occurs exponentially for every additional channeler, and uses spellpoints from the channelers instead of the caster. An additional cost, randomly determined, will also be taken from each channeler for every spell cast.[/list]

If she just stares at an individual hard enough, Kirisa actually sees more than first meets the eye. At the cost of her minor action, all combat-relevant stats of the target are revealed.
This is an upgrade to your Magic Eye ability. Targets you have "scanned" will take 1 more point of damage from any source, and have their FORT and WILL checks penalized by 5. The effect lasts until the end of combat. You may choose when the effect is applied and when it isn't.
Your encounter with the Serpent has given you a deeper understanding of true Malice.
This is an upgrade to your Marked For Death ability. Targets marked for death will receive 10% more damage from your own attacks and spells.
[/list]
This is an upgrade to your Magic Eye ability. When activating Magic Eye, you may also cause a strong sensation of fear and horrifying visions in your target, disorienting them. This cannot be used in conjunction with Mark for Death.[/list]
This is a minor action. Using a secret (and pretty draining) technique, Kirisa drastically increases the power of her next spell, causing all of its effects to be increased by 50% (rounded up).
When dealing with circle magic, you may consume 1 use of this ability to negate 1 spellpoint cost, and a single instance of the chaotic circle effects.
Whenever an unfamiliar spell (or a different version of a familiar) is cast, there is a 25% chance Kirisa may be able to learn that spell as well (always optional - I have to make my decision in my next post after the check is passed.); however, there is a random chance that she may not learn the exact same spell, but a slightly different version instead (based on what she sees and how well she manages to copy it). The chance of success is increased to 50% if Kirisa has used her Magic Eye ability on the user of the spell beforehand (but she might still not learn the same spell). This ability can also be used to "upgrade" spells she already knows, if she manages to see someone use an improved version of such a spell (and the differences are not just due to the user having a higher Int/Will than her). The chances of success are the same.
In any case, if the check is passed, I will be shown the spell Kirisa would learn before I choose whether I want her to learn it or not.
Paying this much attention to others' spells in combat requires a lot of concentration; after two attempts (successful or not), her concentration dwindles enough that she can still fight normally, but no longer pay attention to others' spells well enough to copy them.
[/list]

This ability can only be activiated if Kirisa's remaining HP are at 1/2 or less.
In this condition, Kirisa's WIL is doubled. At the same time, however, reaction abilities will no longer trigger, and triggering Magic Shield completely depletes her remaining MP instead of only using one. If she is knocked out in this condition, she will take significantly longer to recover than usual.

At any time, Kirisa can enter a state of trance. In this state, her physical capabilities are reduced, but she gains the ability to absorb the magical power of others' spells to restore her own mana. Her Finesse, Agility and Perception are reduced by 1 and reaction abilities (as well as Magic Shield) will no longer trigger, but any spell targeting Kirisa will restore one spell point in addition to any of its other effects (even if it knocks her out or completely misses).[/list]

If Kirisa gets hit by an attack that would normally knock her out, she instead uses 1 MP to withstand the attack with 1 HP remaining. This ability will not work if she doesn't have any MP left or already is at 1 HP beforehand. Passive damage from status ailments will not be blocked either.
[*]Pragmatism [ 120 AP ]
Kirisa is quick to grasp the basics of a spell, and tends to find ways to improve them that don't occur to others.
When learning a new spell, she gets a +6 bonus on the Luck check determining its effectiveness.

After all she has endured up to this point, Kirisa has developed the ability to withstand even wounds that other people of her build would never be able to survive. Kirisa's max. HP are increased by 4.
[*]Cute [ 0 AP ]
NPCs - enemy or not - have a tendency to react not as hostilely to Kirisa as they might to other people. Their intentions behind this, however, vary...[/list]

Attributes:
-3 Mettle
±0 Finesse
+4 Agility
-1 Fortitude
+7 Intellect
+6 Willpower
±0 Perception
-4 Luck

Misc.:

Appearance:
- Not very tall
- A little pale
- White socks
- Light blue shoes
- Appears to be fairly young (around 13 or 14 maybe), but acts more maturely than her appearance would suggest

"You're as tactful as ever, Bruce."
Kirisa sighs. Bruce seems to know so many spells, yet almost all of them appear to be tailored towards destruction rather than utility. What led him to take that path?
Anyway, it appears that Davis will be the one to attempt the climb. Probably the best choice, considering how easy that previous climb seemed to be for him... Still, a bit of reassurance probably won't hurt.
"You can do it. I'll focus my spell on you, it shouldn't be a problem."
Kirisa casts Alacrity on Davis to support him, while giving Bruce a grim look.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

• Image | Davis | Healthy | +3 AGI
Oswin hands the kit to Davis. Davis slings the long coil of rope around his shoulder and takes the spikes and clips.

Kirisa Casts Alacrity on Davis
Davis: +3 Agility
+5 exp

Carlos is channeling Magical Forces
+5 exp

You decide to give him some assistance, Kirisa improving his reaction and deftness with her spell, and Carlos creating telekinetic force to push him gently upwards to help with the climb.

With your combined help, Davis ascends the cliffside quickly and without trouble. The quickened reactions and reduced gravity assure that he doesn't lose his grip, even on the more dangerous portions.
When he reaches the top, he drives six spikes into the ground and passes the long, sturdy rope in a circle between them so that they divide the burden of the climber. He dangles the rope down from the cliff until it hits the floor.
"Oswin, give it a pull, see if it holds." Davis shouts down at you.
Oswin approaches the rope, grabs it with both hands and pulls it towards himself. It does not move.
"Sturdy. Should hold at least two people at once. Nicely done.
He takes a step back from the rope and points at it with his thumb.
"Who's up first?

Shade

Post by Shade »

Kirisa, Lv 5.27 [Front]
1-4 Dmg | -3 Hit | 10 AC
- Apprentice Robe [1 AC]
- Padded Cloak [1 AC]
Spoiler:
Inventory
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]30 Corsairs
-----------------

Spellbook
[list][*]Cyclone
[*]White Wind
[*]Alacrity
[*]Thorned Mirror Image
[*]Focused Thunderwall
[*]Crushing Cold Snap
[*] ---[/list]

[/list]
[/list]

[*]Pragmatism [ 120 AP ]

[*]Cute [ 0 AP ]

Attributes:
-3 Mettle
±0 Finesse
+4 Agility
-1 Fortitude
+7 Intellect
+6 Willpower
±0 Perception
-4 Luck

Misc.:

Appearance:
- Not very tall
- A little pale
- White socks
- Light blue shoes

"Well, I guess I'll be first, if nobody objects. Climbing a rope shouldn't be much trouble, right?"
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Carlos, Level 4 [84]
Telekinetic

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Abilities
_________
_________
_________
_________
_________

Stats
-5 Mettle
+5 Finesse
-3 Agility
-4 Fortitude
+6 Intellect
+7 Willpower
+5 Perception
-3 Luck

Backstory/Personality

Picture
"I'm happy to go last, so I can keep giving everyone else that extra bit of uplift, but if someone else would rather do so, I've no objections."
Carlos continues to channel his power for anyone else who climbs up before him, just in case.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

"You want to go last? Alright..."

Carlos is channeling Magical Forces
+5 exp
Special: Climb check DC remains constant for everyone else.

Agility check, DC 03:
Kirisa: Guaranteed Success. +1 exp
Agility check, DC 03:
Agility check, DC 03:
Agility check, DC 03:
Agility check, DC 03:

Climbing the rope is much, much simpler than ascending the rocky face of the cliff like you did last time. Carlos' assistance and your own light weight assure that it takes no effort for you to climb to the top.

Rika and Cassandra follow Kirisa up the rope, and reach the top immediately after her.
"Alright, Bruce, wear this belt and strap it to the rope, I'll be carrying you up."
Bruce does as Oswin says and attaches the belt to the rope via a clip. Oswin takes another clip and connects Bruce's belt with his own after dropping his massive weapon to the floor again.
"I hope we won't be needing that up there." He says, then signals Bruce to hang on to him and begins climbing.
Fortunately, possibly due to Carlos' assistance, the two of them reach the top quickly. They dismantle the heavy belt and leave it on the ground near the other climbing equipment.

Now that everyone has gotten up, time for Carlos to climb as well. You approach the rope.

Agility check, DC 03:
Carlos: 20 - 03 = 17. Success. +1 exp
Agility check, DC 04:
Carlos: 11 - 03 = 07. Success. +1 exp
Agility check, DC 05:
Carlos: 08 - 03 = 05. Success. +1 exp
Agility check, DC 06:
Carlos: 13 - 03 = 10. Success. +1 exp
Agility check, DC 07:
Carlos: 19 - 03 = 16. Success. +1 exp

About halfway up, your hand slips and you nearly fall off, but you quickly grab the rope again and continue climbing. Luckily, you managed to reach the top safe and sound. Since you chose to go last, there was no one who could help catch you if you fell...

Carlos: +5 exp for taking a risk to help others.

Now that you are all at the top, you take a good look around. While this is certainly a crumbling ruin, this post isn't as mossy and eroded as the other one. Perhaps it has been exposed to the elements for a shorter time, or this is the result of its reduced proximity to the sea.
Another stone slab sits in the center of the one-room building, just like in the last one, and you identify the same symbol of "Justice" drawn on one of the walls. This time you spot it more easily as the layer of moss covering the stones here isn't as thick as the one in the western post.

"Looks like the same situation. What do you make of it, Bruce? Is there a hidden staircase here too?"
Bruce leans over the stone slab and reads the symbols.
"Seems so. It's nearly identical to what I remember, but there are a few differences in the pattern here that I don't know the meaning of..."
"Can you open it?"
"I believe I can. Just... keep in mind something unexpected might happen."

Shade

Post by Shade »

Kirisa, Lv 5.32 [Front]
1-4 Dmg | -3 Hit | 10 AC
- Apprentice Robe [1 AC]
- Padded Cloak [1 AC]
Spoiler:
Inventory
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]30 Corsairs
-----------------

Spellbook
[list][*]Cyclone
[*]White Wind
[*]Alacrity
[*]Thorned Mirror Image
[*]Focused Thunderwall
[*]Crushing Cold Snap
[*] ---[/list]

[/list]
[/list]

[*]Pragmatism [ 120 AP ]

[*]Cute [ 0 AP ]

Attributes:
-3 Mettle
±0 Finesse
+4 Agility
-1 Fortitude
+7 Intellect
+6 Willpower
±0 Perception
-4 Luck

Misc.:

Appearance:
- Not very tall
- A little pale
- White socks
- Light blue shoes

Wow, I should've cast Alacrity on Carlos, too.

Kirisa takes a look at stone slab as well, just out of curiosity.
"Something unexpected... Well, that could be anything. Would you mind giving us a few minutes to finish what we were doing earlier? In the off chance that we're attacked by something, I'd like Carlos to be prepared."
If the others agree, she shows Carlos how the Cyclone spell works. Otherwise she just stays put.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

• Image | Carlos (AoD) ___| 15/15 | Lv 04 | [Front] |
"You've taught him the healing spell, that should be enough. Whatever happens it's not going to conjure up some monster for us to fight, or whatever it is you're expecting, I'm certain of that much."
"So... what, brace for impact?"
"Pretty much."

"Ok, Bruce. Go on."
Bruce puts his hand on the surface of the slab and concentrates, powering it up. The design lights up slowly, its luminescence growing with each second. You feel the ground beneath you rumble and shake, and hear the sounds of stones grinding and shifting as the slab begins descending once the pattern is fully lit up.
"If he's simply powering the circle, then anyone who can cast a spell can open this thing, right?" Cassandra says, seemingly addressing no one in particular.
As the slab passes lower than floor level and the hallway beneath is unsealed, a strange sound can be heard coming from within. Some kind of repetitive droning noise like a hollow tree being sawed. The sound doesn't stop and can be heard continuously. There is no bright light coming from within like last time.
The slab lowers itself further and further until it creates an opening identical to the one from last time. The entire group looks around nervously for anything out of the ordinary, but nothing else seems to be happening. The sawing sound persists.

Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Carlos, Level 4 [99]
Telekinetic

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Abilities
_________
_________
_________
_________
_________

Stats
-5 Mettle
+5 Finesse
-3 Agility
-4 Fortitude
+6 Intellect
+7 Willpower
+5 Perception
-3 Luck

Backstory/Personality

Picture
"It seems like there'll just be another bizarre torture. Should we go in?"
Shade

Post by Shade »

Kirisa, Lv 5.32 [Front]
1-4 Dmg | -3 Hit | 10 AC
- Apprentice Robe [1 AC]
- Padded Cloak [1 AC]
Spoiler:
Inventory
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]...
[*]30 Corsairs
-----------------

Spellbook
[list][*]Cyclone
[*]White Wind
[*]Alacrity
[*]Thorned Mirror Image
[*]Focused Thunderwall
[*]Crushing Cold Snap
[*] ---[/list]

[/list]
[/list]

[*]Pragmatism [ 120 AP ]

[*]Cute [ 0 AP ]

Attributes:
-3 Mettle
±0 Finesse
+4 Agility
-1 Fortitude
+7 Intellect
+6 Willpower
±0 Perception
-4 Luck

Misc.:

Appearance:
- Not very tall
- A little pale
- White socks
- Light blue shoes

"If you say so..."
As the opening is revealed, a strange sound is released with it. The little witch can't think of anything that'd make such a strange sound... Just what is down there?
"I don't like this... At all..."
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

You head down inside into the dark hallway. At the end of the hallway, which is shorter than the one before, connected by a door-less passage, is a small circular room lit by some unseen source of light.
Inside that room are two more skeletal figures, but they're not aflame like the one you've discovered in the western post. Instead, one is sitting perpendicularly to the doorway, on some kind of crude wooden contraption. Its bony arms are shackled behind its back, and the figure is forcibly leaning forward by the contraption. Lodged inside the sitting figure's head, and part of the contraption, is a saw disk, that the other, standing skeleton operates via lever with one hand. Both skeleton's legs are also chained to the floor, and both figures have the same symbol, "Justice", branded on their foreheads, burning with intense white light that unsettles your retinas even from this distance. The standing figure continues spinning the lever endlessly, and thus, the saw disk, and the trapped sitting figure twists and shakes around in pain.