Ascent PnP - Talk thread - Cont.

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Neither, which is awesome. You'll see in a couple of minutes.
:wink:
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

I have now 9 INT and plenty of AP to waste. Time to learn a new skill!

[3/3] Identify [?? AP]
[Base: 50%]
[Curr: 140%]
Attempts to identify an item. Identifying an item reveals all of its stats and any hidden effects and enchantments affecting it.
Every item has a hidden difficulty rating used against this spell. The success chance is 50 + (10x [INT - Rating])%. Every failed attempt at identifying an item raises its difficulty rating by 1. If the success rate upon casting the spell happens to be negative, that is the chance of the spell backfiring. If the spell backfires, Shade's remaining HP are cut in half.

[3/3] Indignation [?? AP]
[Base: 25 Atk, 120 Hit, 30 Crt]
[Curr: 34 Atk, 120 Hit, 30 Crt]
Strikes a single enemy with the thunder of the gods. Causes quadruple damage to any enemies named Dhaos.

[9/9] Shield [?? AP]
[Base: +1 Def/Res]
[Curr: +5 Def/Res]
Protects any number of targets with a magical barrier, raising both their DEF and RES by (1 + [INT/2]) for the duration of the effect. 1 usage point is substracted from this spell each turn for all targets affected (e. g. 2 usage points per turn if 2 targets are protected). Activiation and deactiviation of any number of barriers per turn is considered a minor action.

[3/3] Flux [?? AP]
[Base: 15 Atk, 100 Hit, 0 Crt]
[Curr: 24 Atk, 100 Hit, 0 Crt]
Strikes an enemy with pure dark energy, randomly causing a negative status effect upon a hit. Possible status ailments:
- Poison ([INT x2]%)
- Paralysis (3 turns)
- Blindness (3 turns)
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Shade wrote:[3/3] Identify [?? AP]
Attempts to identify an item. Identifying an item reveals all of its stats and any hidden effects and enchantments affecting it.
Every item has a hidden difficulty rating used against this spell. The success chance is 50 + (10x [INT - Rating])%. Every failed attempt at identifying an item raises its difficulty rating by 1. If the success rate upon casting the spell happens to be negative, that is the chance of the spell backfiring. If the spell backfires, Shade's remaining HP are cut in half.
50 AP. 80 AP if you want a fail-proof version.
Strikes a single enemy with the thunder of the gods. Causes quadruple damage to any enemies named Dhaos.
190 AP. (-10 for the reference that I should have gotten but didn't :])
[9/9] Shield [?? AP]
Protects any number of targets with a magical barrier, raising both their DEF and RES by (1 + [INT/2]) for the duration of the effect. 1 usage point is substracted from this spell each turn for all targets affected (e. g. 2 usage points per turn if 2 targets are protected). Activiation and deactiviation of any number of barriers per turn is considered a minor action.
240 AP. Def and Res are pretty valuable in this ruleset.
[3/3] Flux [?? AP]
Strikes an enemy with pure dark energy, randomly causing a negative status effect upon a hit. Possible status ailments:
- Poison ([INT x2]%)
- Paralysis (3 turns)
- Blindness (3 turns)
120 AP
Shade

Post by Shade »

Cimeries wrote:
Shade wrote:[3/3] Identify [?? AP]
50 AP. 80 AP if you want a fail-proof version.
Nice. Would take it if it wasn't for the spell limit.
Cimeries wrote:
190 AP. (-10 for the reference that I should have gotten but didn't :])
I was referring to Tales of Phantasia. :/
Cimeries wrote:
[9/9] Shield [?? AP]
240 AP. Def and Res are pretty valuable in this ruleset.
Meh. How much for (1 + [INT/3])?
Cimeries wrote:
[3/3] Flux [?? AP]
- Poison ([INT x2]%)
- Paralysis (3 turns)
- Blindness (3 turns)
120 AP
May be taking that.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Shade wrote: I was referring to Tales of Phantasia. :/
I know that. I played it too. Took me a Google search to realize it though.
The original price was 200 AP, btw, not 180, in case you got the impression I was punishing you or something.
Shade wrote:Meh. How much for (1 + [INT/3])?
190 AP I guess.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Shade presses the button. Shade wins the game forever.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Sorry again for the extended delay. My hectic week is over now thankfully, so you can expect a post tomorrow.