[PnP] Legacy of Darkness (Game)

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

• ToD:....... Midnight
    Weather: Hard Rain

================================
    Heron..... HP: 10/30 . | . MP: 00/05 . | . Front
    Tal.......... HP: 14/20 . | . MP: 05/10 . | . Cover
Please check your supply of crafting supplies, Cime. Using Augment requires 3, and I only gave you 5, not 7. You should only have 2 left, not 4.
  • Tal drinks a healing potion. +12 HP recovered.
    (Healing potions left: 1)
    Tal meditates and recovers +1 MP.
  • Heron attacks Walking Corpse 3 (11-13 Atk, 99 Hit, 24 Crt): Critical Hit! 20 damage!
The stranger's smile quickly fades when Heron yells at him.
"...you don't remember... ...you don't. You cannot have forgotten that we once loved each other, Helena... ...you can't."
He looks at Tal for a moment, then at Heron again.
"I don't feel others' pain... ...I don't. As long as I can embrace my dear Helena once again... ...as long as I can do that, I don't care what it takes."
He raises his staff in preparation for another spell.
"Don't think ill of me. You would do the same... ...you would."
  • The stranger casts Animation (6 MP): 6 more corpses are animated!
  • Walking Corpse 2 attacks Heron (3-6 Atk, 52 Hit, 6 Crt): Hit! 6 damage!
  • Walking Corpse 4 attacks Heron (3-6 Atk, 52 Hit, 6 Crt): Hit! 6 damage!
  • =========================================
    Stranger.................... HP: 22/23 . | . MP: 03/18 . | . Cover
    Walking Corpse 1..... HP: 00/00 . | . MP: 00/15 . | . Front
    Walking Corpse 2..... HP: 00/00 . | . MP: 15/15 . | . Front
    Walking Corpse 3..... HP: 00/00 . | . MP: 00/15 . | . Front
    Walking Corpse 4..... HP: 00/00 . | . MP: 15/15 . | . Front
    Walking Corpse 5..... HP: 00/00 . | . MP: 15/15 . | . Front
    Walking Corpse 6..... HP: 00/00 . | . MP: 15/15 . | . Front
    Walking Corpse 7..... HP: 00/00 . | . MP: 15/15 . | . Front
    Walking Corpse 8..... HP: 00/00 . | . MP: 15/15 . | . Front
    Walking Corpse 9..... HP: 00/00 . | . MP: 15/15 . | . Front
    Walking Corpse A..... HP: 00/00 . | . MP: 15/15 . | . Front
    =========================================
Ditto
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)

Post by Ditto »

Tal, Lvl 1 Half-D'warf-Elf Priest [37/100] (Cover)
Image 14/20 [Normal]
Image 3/10
Image 52/65
Weapon: Old Gun [07/20 Ammo] [7-12 Atk | 85 Hit | 15 Crt | 25 Wt]
Armor: Unarmored (0 Avd, 0 CEv, 0 Wt)
7-12 Atk | 95 Hit | 25 Crt
50 Avd | 10 CEv
Spoiler: Inventory and Status
Stuff:
-2x Medicine [2 Wt] (Cures poison.)
-5x Healing Balm [2 Wt] (Restores 30% HP.)
-2x Healing Potion [5 Wt] (Restores 60% HP.)
-1x Herbal Tea [3 Wt] (Restores 50% MP.)

Spells:
-Aura Wave [Up to 3 Mana]-
(Current- 11 HP per charge, 2 charges maximum)
Tal calls upon the power of the light to heal his allies. When used, this spell releases a wave of charges of healing up to a maximum of [1+Lvl] charges. Each charge heals for [10+Lvl] HP or one negative status effect other than petrification. One mana is spent for each charge, capping at three mana. [175 AP]

-Grace of Light [1 Mana]-
Tal blesses the target with grace and swiftness, granting them an extra major action at the cost of his minor action. This spell can only be cast once a turn. [140 AP]

Abilities:
-Serene Stream-
Whenever Tal chooses not to act in battle, he meditates instead to restore his strength. Any time Tal does not use his major action on a turn, he regains one mana.

Stats:
Strength: 0
Skill: 0
Agility: 10
Luck: 10
Constitution: 5
Spirit: 10

Info:
Ability Points: 5
[spoiler="Planned Skills/Abilities"]
-Divine Dodge [1 Mana]-
In a burst of divine energy, Tal increases his agility, allowing him to move faster than normally possible. When used, Tal gains speed for a short while. This multiplies his avoid by 2 for the rest of the turn, and can be used for other effects as well. This spell can only be cast once a turn, and uses a minor action. [115 AP]

-Godly Blessing [1 Mana]-
Tal gathers up all the radiant energy of healing around him and prays for Thor and Elbereth's blessing in a battle. A total of all HP overhealed is counted for Tal's party through any healing effects used by them. Whenever Tal uses this skill, the total goes down to 0, and Tal creates a shield over all of his allies that absorbs an amount of damage equal to the points in the total. [185 AP]
Description:
A figure stands below you, around a foot or two shorter than the average young man's height. Garbed in a regal looking robe is a man that appears to be a mix of a rather short elf and d'warf. With a finely groomed fiery orange beard and hair tied together into complex patterns by gold rings, the man's thick eyebrows and confident expression give him a somewhat regal look. Behind the thick hair, beard, and eyebrows is an angular face and long ears. A golden band is around the man's forehead. The man's eyes are completely bright gold, and he has no pupils- the light from them shines nearly an inch out from his face. While this might seem unnatural or inhuman on one man, the light is not frightening but welcoming, a sign of the vast amount of good contained within this short man. Maybe he has more power than he has control over. The man stands tall and broad for his short figure. He doesn't seem young, even by d'warf standards, but the lack of gray hairs on his head would suggest he isn't old, either.

[/spoiler]

Tal collects an orb of light in each of his hands and blasts two rays of light into one ray, shooting a swirling pillar directly into Heron's plating that fully repairs it. "Please... you have to stop. I can tell your magical power is dwindling down to a minimum, and those corpses won't last you forever. Heron will never be your Helena again if you don't stop this madness and listen to what she wants. No one has to die... we can cooperate to find a better way. Just... put the bodies back on the ground." Tal talks more quietly to Heron. "Heron, try to remember. If you've ever seen this man lift these corpses before... did he ever try to use healing spells on them? It could mean the difference between life and death for us." Tal tosses the gun to Heron. "We have to end this before we die... if he doesn't stop within around ten seconds, I'll fuel you with enough light that you should be able to shoot twice, which should kill him before he can heal himself again."

Just keeping my weapon slot how it is, I don't think I'm going to attack in the time period I don't have it.

2 Charges of Aura Wave to heal Heron/Helena.

10 Seconds=Next Turn. Shut up, Clonks. You suck. And I'm not calling you Shade.
Last edited by Ditto on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Helena, Lv1 [37] (Front)
Image 30/30
Image 00/05
Wt: 47/70
11-13 Atk | 99 Hit | 24 Crt
28 Avd | 05 CEv
Weapon: Makeshift Voulge [6 - 8 Atk | 75 Hit | 20 Crt | 21 Wt]
Armor: Composite Plating [20 Avd | 05 CEv]
Spoiler: Inventory & Status
Items:
- None (0 Wt | Effect)
[list] - 6 Scrap Metals ___ (3 Wt)
- 2 Crafting Supplies (4 Wt)[/list]Skills[list]Repair [1 MP]: Repairs SKLx2 damage to self (or other metal constructs if such present themselves). This can also be used to undo 1 "rank" of damage on a weapon degraded by the Juggernaut ability.
Requires 1 Scrap Metal. Scrap metals are collected at the end of a fight from leftovers of broken enemy armor and weapons. May only be used outside of combat. 60 AP

Augment [3 MP]: Adds a small bonus of choice (1 atk, +5 Hit/avd, etc.) to a metal weapon or armor. Requires 3 Crafting Supplies to use, which Heron will salvage after battle. Heron's Composite Plating cannot be augmented.
Augmenting a piece of equipment will permanently increase its weight by 1. 125 AP[/list]
Abilities/Traits[list]Composite Plating: Heron's body is covered in and, in fact, made of armor. His plating acts as his body armor, and confers 20 Avd and 5 CEv. It also reduces his carrying capacity by 60 due to its weight. Heron can't equip normal body armor due to his size. 150 AP

Living Construct: Recovery items only affect Heron if they are of a magical nature (like potions, but not medicine, food, etc.) and only offer 50% of their standard effect when used on Heron, due to his mechanical nature. Heron does not regain consciousness until his HP is positive again (>0) when knocked out, and can go into the negative numbers as his plating simply breaks further. +45 AP

Juggernaut: Heron's massive frame and tough, jagged metal body are every swordsman's worst nightmare. Whenever Heron is hit by a melee weapon, that weapon is chipped and ruined, losing 1 Atk and 5 Hit permanently. This malus stacks up to 3 times. 175 AP[/list]Stats:
POW: 10
SKL: 8
AGI: 2
LUK: 0
CON: 10
SPI: 5

Miscellanea:
AP: 035

Scripts:
- If MP >=3 and supplies are adequate, before resting, use leftover MP to Augment.

Description: What you thought at first to be a knight or an armored warrior appears to be a mechanical humanoid of some kind.

Lurching over you is a monstrosity of steel and wood, the eerie blue glow emanating from its eyes pierces the darkness. The glow seems surprisingly sentient and intelligent, almost possessed.

The construct is clad in tough, jagged metal plating. On its chest, an unusual design: A shining blue eight-tipped star, bearing black eyes and nasal holes. The emblem is disturbing to look at, despite bearing fairy common symbolism.

ImageImage[spoiler="Background:"]Some years before the events of Day Zero, Heron awoke to find himself standing in some kind of basement full of alchemical, arcane and forging equipment. A tall, thin, bearded, and pale looking man in black robes stood in front of him, holding a thick open tome, in one hand, and leaning on his quarterstaff with the other. He was observing Heron.

Heron? Was that his name? He tried to remember how he could have gotten here, or who this man was, he seemed familiar somehow, but he couldn't recall anything about that. In fact, he couldn't recall anything about any topic at all. It is as if he was just born, fully aware and intelligent.

He knew this wasn't right. How could this be? He held his arms up. They felt heavy, they were made of metal. That fact seemed odd to him, even though he couldn't tell why. The pale man finally set his tome on a nearby desk and explained everything:

It seems that Heron was a golem, created to serve his maker, in this case, the robed man, who introduced himself as Marcus.
Heron served as his laborer and forging assistant. Marcus was an artificer, a creator of magically enchanted equipment, but as his former assistant recently perished, and Marcus was in no physical condition to be doing the actual metalworking aspect of his craft, he created Heron to assist him. And so Heron did. He wasn't sure why, but he had mixed feelings of compassion and hatred for Marcus. He had served Marcus for several years this way.

Following the events of Day Zero, Marcus disappeared and left Heron alone in his workshop. Not knowing what to do with himself, he returned to the laboratory where he was forged, set himself down, and let his consciousness drift away. A form of sleep, if you can call it that.

However, recently, some 50 years later, in the empty ransacked laboratory, something has awoken Heron again.
[/spoiler]
Marcus called him Helena. It felt significant, that was his name. That was HER name... Oh dear gods.

She was Marcus' previous apprentice, now she finally understood why he never agreed to talk about it. She recalled how they fell in love, how they planned to get married after his next big project was complete, but she couldn't remember what came next.

"I loved you, but you've changed. The Marcus I loved would never resort to dark magic..."
The feminine voice that surfaced, that was her own voice. That was her real voice.
"And what of my pain? I never wanted this, I never wanted to be a walking suit of armor. I would never do the same to you, I would never be so selfish."

She runs her voulge into one of the remaining walking corpses.
"Please, just stop it."
:wink:
Shade

Post by Shade »

• ToD:....... Midnight

Helena.v. HP: 30/30 . | . MP: 00/05 . | . Front
    Tal.......... HP: 14/20 . | . MP: 03/10 . | . Cover
Nice job breaking the fourth wall, Ditto. :P
  • Tal casts Aura Wave (2 MP) at Helena.
    ---> Helena recovers +22 HP.
  • Helena attacks Walking Corpse 2 (11-13 Atk, 99 Hit, 24 Crt): Hit! 12 damage!
Marcus stops moving. He stares at Heron - or rather, Helena - with a completely blank, vacant expression on his face, which slowly turns into an expression of disbelief.
"...you... ...y-you don't love me anymore... ...you don't? I did all of this... I learned the dark arts, kept your soul alive... ...I did it all for your sake... ...I did. ...and now you're rejecting me? You... ...you cannot be serious... ...you can't. Something must be clouding your mind! I can't... ...y-you can't...!"
Marcus doesn't attack. In fact, he doesn't even seem to be able to focus on controlling the corpses right now, as they just stand there as well, not moving the tiniest inch.
  • =========================================
    Marcus...................... HP: 22/23 . | . MP: 03/18 . | . Cover
    Walking Corpse 1..... HP: 00/00 . | . MP: 00/15 . | . Front
    Walking Corpse 2..... HP: 00/00 . | . MP: 03/15 . | . Front
    Walking Corpse 3..... HP: 00/00 . | . MP: 00/15 . | . Front
    Walking Corpse 4..... HP: 00/00 . | . MP: 15/15 . | . Front
    Walking Corpse 5..... HP: 00/00 . | . MP: 15/15 . | . Front
    Walking Corpse 6..... HP: 00/00 . | . MP: 15/15 . | . Front
    Walking Corpse 7..... HP: 00/00 . | . MP: 15/15 . | . Front
    Walking Corpse 8..... HP: 00/00 . | . MP: 15/15 . | . Front
    Walking Corpse 9..... HP: 00/00 . | . MP: 15/15 . | . Front
    Walking Corpse A..... HP: 00/00 . | . MP: 15/15 . | . Front
    =========================================
I rolled the mysterious number "Error" on Helena's attack. Awesome.
Last edited by Shade on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Tal, Lvl 1 Half-D'warf-Elf Priest [37/100] (Cover)
Image 14/20 [Normal]
Image 4/10
Image 47/65
50/75 (x1.5) Avd | 10 CEv
Stuff:

Spells:
Tal calls upon the power of the light to heal his allies. When used, this spell releases a wave of charges of healing up to a maximum of [1+Lvl] charges. Each charge heals for [10+Lvl] HP or one negative status effect other than petrification. One mana is spent for each charge, capping at three mana. [175 AP]

Tal blesses the target with grace and swiftness, granting them an extra major action at the cost of his minor action. This spell can only be cast once a turn. [140 AP]

Abilities:
-Serene Stream-
Whenever Tal chooses not to act in battle, he meditates instead to restore his strength. Any time Tal does not use his major action on a turn, he regains one mana.

Stats:
Spirit: 10

Info:
Ability Points: 5
[spoiler="Planned Skills and Abilities"]
-Pillar of Light [2 Mana]-
Tal calls down a divine pillar that crashes light energy on the target, bathing their weapons and armor and light that heals his allies. Every time an ally attacks that enemy, they are healed for 1 HP, and every time that enemy attacks an ally, the ally is healed for 1 HP. This effect lasts until the end of a battle. [100 AP]

-Divine Dodge [1 Mana]-
In a burst of divine energy, Tal increases his agility, allowing him to move faster than normally possible. When used, Tal gains speed for a short while. This multiplies his avoid by 1.5 for the rest of the turn, and can be used for other effects as well. This spell can only be cast once a turn, and uses a minor action. [65 AP]
Description:
A figure stands below you, around a foot or two shorter than the average young man's height. Garbed in a regal looking robe is a man that appears to be a mix of a rather short elf and d'warf. With a finely groomed fiery orange beard and hair tied together into complex patterns by gold rings, the man's thick eyebrows and confident expression give him a somewhat regal look. Behind the thick hair, beard, and eyebrows is an angular face and long ears. A golden band is around the man's forehead. The man's eyes are completely bright gold, and he has no pupils- the light from them shines nearly an inch out from his face. While this might seem unnatural or inhuman on one man, the light is not frightening but welcoming, a sign of the vast amount of good contained within this short man. Maybe he has more power than he has control over. The man stands tall and broad for his short figure. He doesn't seem young, even by d'warf standards, but the lack of gray hairs on his head would suggest he isn't old, either.

[/spoiler]

Tal takes the moment in the battle to meditate, rather than take action- keeping this man out of combat was a fragile balance, even attacking the respective weapons in the forms of the walking corpses could be disastrous. He didn't doubt that they could handle the man in combat- Helena could shoot him down with the slightest bit of magical aid- but this was a human being. It wasn't his fault he was insane... he still had a right to live. He didn't want to have to fight the second other conscious being he had found since landing in this wasteland. Tal whispers to Helena from his spot on the armored shoulder. "Heron... Helena. This man doesn't deserve to die. He isn't evil... insane, but he has right to live. I know you're angry now, but killing him won't solve any of your problems. You have to talk him down peacefully."
Last edited by Ditto on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Helena, Lv1 [37] (Front)
Image 30/30
Image 00/05
11-13 Atk | 99 Hit | 24 Crt
28 Avd | 05 CEv
Items:
- None (0 Wt | Effect)
- 2 Crafting Supplies (4 Wt)[/list]Skills[list]Repair [1 MP]: Repairs SKLx2 damage to self (or other metal constructs if such present themselves). This can also be used to undo 1 "rank" of damage on a weapon degraded by the Juggernaut ability.
Requires 1 Scrap Metal. Scrap metals are collected at the end of a fight from leftovers of broken enemy armor and weapons. May only be used outside of combat. 60 AP

Augment [3 MP]: Adds a small bonus of choice (1 atk, +5 Hit/avd, etc.) to a metal weapon or armor. Requires 3 Crafting Supplies to use, which Heron will salvage after battle. Heron's Composite Plating cannot be augmented.
Augmenting a piece of equipment will permanently increase its weight by 1. 125 AP[/list]
Abilities/Traits[list]Composite Plating: Heron's body is covered in and, in fact, made of armor. His plating acts as his body armor, and confers 20 Avd and 5 CEv. It also reduces his carrying capacity by 60 due to its weight. Heron can't equip normal body armor due to his size. 150 AP

Living Construct: Recovery items only affect Heron if they are of a magical nature (like potions, but not medicine, food, etc.) and only offer 50% of their standard effect when used on Heron, due to his mechanical nature. Heron does not regain consciousness until his HP is positive again (>0) when knocked out, and can go into the negative numbers as his plating simply breaks further. +45 AP

Juggernaut: Heron's massive frame and tough, jagged metal body are every swordsman's worst nightmare. Whenever Heron is hit by a melee weapon, that weapon is chipped and ruined, losing 1 Atk and 5 Hit permanently. This malus stacks up to 3 times. 175 AP[/list]Stats:
SKL: 8
SPI: 5

Miscellanea:
AP: 035

Scripts:
- If MP >=3 and supplies are adequate, before resting, use leftover MP to Augment.

Description: What you thought at first to be a knight or an armored warrior appears to be a mechanical humanoid of some kind.

Lurching over you is a monstrosity of steel and wood, the eerie blue glow emanating from its eyes pierces the darkness. The glow seems surprisingly sentient and intelligent, almost possessed.

The construct is clad in tough, jagged metal plating. On its chest, an unusual design: A shining blue eight-tipped star, bearing black eyes and nasal holes. The emblem is disturbing to look at, despite bearing fairy common symbolism.

ImageImage[spoiler="Background:"]Some years before the events of Day Zero, Heron awoke to find himself standing in some kind of basement full of alchemical, arcane and forging equipment. A tall, thin, bearded, and pale looking man in black robes stood in front of him, holding a thick open tome, in one hand, and leaning on his quarterstaff with the other. He was observing Heron.

Heron? Was that his name? He tried to remember how he could have gotten here, or who this man was, he seemed familiar somehow, but he couldn't recall anything about that. In fact, he couldn't recall anything about any topic at all. It is as if he was just born, fully aware and intelligent.

He knew this wasn't right. How could this be? He held his arms up. They felt heavy, they were made of metal. That fact seemed odd to him, even though he couldn't tell why. The pale man finally set his tome on a nearby desk and explained everything:

It seems that Heron was a golem, created to serve his maker, in this case, the robed man, who introduced himself as Marcus.
Heron served as his laborer and forging assistant. Marcus was an artificer, a creator of magically enchanted equipment, but as his former assistant recently perished, and Marcus was in no physical condition to be doing the actual metalworking aspect of his craft, he created Heron to assist him. And so Heron did. He wasn't sure why, but he had mixed feelings of compassion and hatred for Marcus. He had served Marcus for several years this way.

Following the events of Day Zero, Marcus disappeared and left Heron alone in his workshop. Not knowing what to do with himself, he returned to the laboratory where he was forged, set himself down, and let his consciousness drift away. A form of sleep, if you can call it that.

However, recently, some 50 years later, in the empty ransacked laboratory, something has awoken Heron again.
[/spoiler]

"I'm sorry Marcus. I miss you, but what you're doing is wrong, you're breaking and twisting the cycle of life and death, I can't be accomplice to this. End this, let us rest. Together. Please."

She extended a heavy armoured hand to Marcus.

She whispered to Tal in a faint ghastly resonance:
"I'm not going to hurt him Tal. I couldn't. I still love him."
Shade

Post by Shade »

Spoiler: Helena & Tal
[list]ToD:....... Midnight

Helena.v. HP: 45/45 . | . MP: 00/05 . | . Front
Tal.......... HP: 19/25 . | . MP: 03/10 . | . Cover
================================[/list]

Marcus silently looks at Helena's hand. He seems to think about something for a few moments, then weakly responds:
"...but Helena... ...how would I be able to see you again if I abided by the nature's law of life and death... ...how would I? I... I cannot exist without you... ...I cannot."
With a motion of his hand, the animated corpses collapse back into the lifeless carcasses they used to be.
"...forgive me, Helena."
Suddenly, he turns around and runs away, towards the far, empty plains. He's pretty fast; it's unlikely that you'd be able to catch him even if you tried to.

Helena:
.......20 base Exp
.......+50 for convincing Marcus to end the fight peacefully
Total: 70 Exp

[37 -> 07]
Level Up!
[1 -> 2]
HP +15
AP +100
You may distribute 2 more points among your stats.

Tal:
.......20 base Exp
.......+50 for convincing Marcus to end the fight peacefully
Total: 70 Exp

[37 -> 07]
Level Up!
[1 -> 2]
HP +5
AP +100
You may distribute 2 more points among your stats.

What will you do now?
Spoiler: #3
[list]ToD:....... ???
Weather: ???

#3......... HP: 25/25 . | . MP: 10/10 . | . Cover

You awaken. It's dark. You try to remember what happened, but you have no memories of how you got here. After your eyes get used to the darkness a bit, you look around, but except for a mirror in the middle of this room it seems to be completely empty; it doesn't even seem to have any exits. However, as you approach the mirror, you notice an oddity - your mirror image has no eyes, but creepy black holes instead. After looking at yourself (?) for a while, you get an increasingly worse feeling... Eventually, your mirror image seems to start grinning. It now moves completely on its own, it seems - first it points at you, then at itself, and finally at a door behind it that you could swear wasn't there just a minute ago. As you turn around to look for the door, however, you just see a solid wall. Looking back at the mirror, you notice it is now completely blank - both the door and your own mirror image are no longer visible, and instead the mirror only shows you the completely empty room you're standing in.

What will you do?
Spoiler: Ell

Ell.......... HP: 20/20 . | . MP: 10/10 . | . Front

You awaken. It's dark. You try to remember what happened, but you have no memories of how you got here. After your eyes get used to the darkness a bit, you look around. You're in a room with no furniture whatsoever, but it seems that you aren't alone - there are a bunch of people standing in a circle around you, with about two meters distance to you each. They're all looking at you, laughing - however, it's not a normal laugh. It's a distorted, joyless laugh. Their faces all have empty black holes for eyes and express no happiness whatsoever. After a while, their laugh becomes even more distorted, and suddenly, they start to decay rapidly until nothing of them is left... ...nothing, except for the echo of their laugh in your ears. Now that these people (?) are gone, the room is completely empty. It is only after you look down that you notice that you're standing on a wooden trap door, which seems to be the only exit to this room.

What will you do?
Last edited by Shade on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Ell, the elven Bard
Level 1 [00] - Front
20/20 HP
10/10 MP
.2-4 Atk | 112 Hit | 07 Crt
.28 Avd | 02 CEv

Weapon: Unarmed [1-3 Atk | 70 Hit | 0 Crt]
Armour: Nothing
Inventory (0/77)
-

Notes
Death Note [1MP] - Damages up to two random enemies for 8 HP. Has a 90% chance of inflicting the effect. 75 AP
Life Note [1MP] - Heals up to two random friendlies for 8 HP. 55 AP
Low Note [2MP] - Dispirits the enemy; reduces two random enemies' Hit and Avd by 10. Lasts two turns. Has a 90% chance of success. 80 AP
Cacophony [2MP] - A terribly out-of-tune note which will redirect enemies' attacks to Ell for a single turn. Targets all enemies at once, if an enemy is unable to attack Ell (for example, if she is in Cover) they ignore the effect. 70 AP

Skills
Chord [1MP + Notes/2 MP] - Ell plays three notes on an instrument, with magic in each one. Causes the effect of each note played, stacking if necessary. 130 AP

Stats
POW: 3
SKL: 10
AGI: 6
LUK: 2
CON: 4
SPI: 10

Story
Ell was born in 13 A.Z, and raised among her family quite exclusively. Homeschooled, trained to sing and play music. However, there was little reason for song in her life at any point - it was heard among her village that she had never smiled once in her life. She made a living off of her music, but never really found a purpose. It was something she could do, and that was it. She searches the Earth and her soul for something missing - taken from her at a very young age. Her happiness.

Other
80 AP
How...what...why...who... the thoughts ran through Ell's head faster than she could process them. She didn't have anything with her but her clothes... and those people. Hallucinations? She'd always been quite healthy, no reason she should be seeing things now, but surely people couldn't disappear into the wind like that.
...A trapdoor. Exit.
As she begun to toil at the latch on the door in the ground, she began singing a song.
♪ Some will laugh, some just sit and cry, you sit right down there and you wonder 'why?'...
It had always been a song which struck a special chord with her, and there were a lot of the lyrics from it close to her heart.
Last edited by Agent of Dread on Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Tal, Lvl 2 Half-D'warf-Elf Priest [07/100] (Cover)
Image 19/25 [Normal]
Image 6/12
Image 47/65
Stuff:

Spells:

Abilities:
-Serene Stream-

Stats:
Spirit: 12

Info:
Ability Points: 105
Tal calls down a divine pillar that crashes light energy on the target, bathing their weapons and armor and light that heals his allies. Every time an ally attacks that enemy, they are healed for 1 HP, and every time that enemy attacks an ally, the ally is healed for 1 HP. This effect lasts until the end of a battle. [100 AP]

-Divine Dodge [1 Mana]-
In a burst of divine energy, Tal increases his agility, allowing him to move faster than normally possible. When used, Tal gains speed for a short while. This multiplies his avoid by 1.5 for the rest of the turn, and can be used for other effects as well. This spell can only be cast once a turn, and uses a minor action. [65 AP]
Description:

[/spoiler]

SPI +2. I'll think about how I want to spend my AP.

Tal stood in silence for what seems like hours. He didn't know what to say... right now, the only friend he had was going to be in a terrible emotional state, and the only other being in existence he had found besides Helena had probably run off never to be found again. "...We can wait here if you need some time. For as long as you need. I know I don't know you very well, but I'm here if you need a friend." Unable to do much for the time being, Tal stands a few yards away from Helena... he would be a friend if she needed one, but he knew that in this kind of situation, he would probably want to be alone himself.

Tal felt the raw power flowing through his veins from the fight- he felt as if he could endure even more than he had already. He was glad... he was going to need to be able to endure a lot more pain- emotional and physical- if he was going to make it out of here. The light crossing his mind pulsed with waves of energy.

He felt more surrounded by life than he ever had before. A sixth sense, maybe. He hoped it meant something. Friends were the thing he wanted most of all right now.

octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

#3, Lv1 [0] Spellcaster [Cover]
0 Atk | 0 Hit | 0 Crt
45 Avd | 5 CEv
Unarmed (/)
Unarmored (-)

0/80 Load
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Items

Skills
Magic Missile [1 MP/missile] 95 AP
Creates up to [Lvl+1] energy missiles with [SPI Atk, 100 Hit, 0 Crt].
Curr: 10 Atk, 100 Hit, 0 Crt

Shock Field [2 MP] 90 AP
Spread among a random amount of enemies. Always targets at least 2 enemies, and acts as if it would even when targeting a single enemy. [[(2*SPI±4)/amount of affected enemies] Atk, 100 Hit, 0 Crt]
Curr: (16-24)/amount of affected enemies Atk, 100 Hit, 0 Crt

Radiation Burst [3 MP] 140 AP
[SPI-3±5 Atk, 100+3*SPI Hit, 2*SPI Crt]. Radiates the target for [Lvl+1] subsequent rounds (duration doubled by criticals), dealing [SPI/2±1] passive damage and increasing all other damage the target takes by 2. If someone is hit with this spell while already radiated, the effect does not increase.
Curr: 2-12 Atk, 130 Hit, 20 Crt, 2 rounds, 4-6 passive damage

[x MP] x AP
Curr: Atk, Hit, Crt

Abilities
Weakness +50 AP
From his early childhood on, #3 is used to solve even the most basic tasks with magic. Because of this, he neither learned how to fight nor ever did any hard physical work.
He is entirely incapable of physically attacking someone.
Arcane Force 130 AP
If his MP are below [Lvl], #3 regains 1 MP per turn.

[spoiler="Planned"]
Skills
Force Slash [1 MP] 95 AP
Can retarget twice if it misses. Cannot attack the same enemy twice in the same turn. [SPI+Lvl±3 Atk, 80+2*SPI Hit, 0 Crt]

Abilities
Enhanced Power 130 AP
Spell critical hit bonus damage formula: [(5+Lvl)*d10]%
Stats
POW 0
SKL 0
AGI 10
LUK 5
CON 10
SPI 10

Base Secondary Stats
45 Avd | 5 CEv

(I'll one day insert a fitting image from SCF's drawing blog here.)

Description
You see a tall young man, clad in an inornate long buttoned coat. His short hair and determined-looking eyes are dark, and his face shows a pensive expression most of the time.
He is quite paranoid and secretive, and most likely no one without Shinigami eyes knows his name. For whatever reason, he prefers being called "Third One" or "Number Three".
#3 is used to survive on his own and to fight his way through the abominations that roam the world.
It's unknown where he got his magical abilities from. Anyway, he apparently values knowledge over anything else.

Battles: 000
Kills: 000

Left AP: 45

[/spoiler]
#3 looked at the morphing room in panic.
"What a horrible nightmare am I in? What... is... this?"
The first time in a few years, he was in a situation he could not explain.
He could possibly escape through the mirror, but he didn't want to pass through it or just touch it, since the mirror felt unearthly and terrible for him.
For a short moment, he thought about launching a magic missile to the mirror to see what happened, but he somehow got the feeling that the missile would be reflected by the mirror or hit his horrid mirror image if it reappeared... which could as well damage him, as he thought.
So he tried to tear off a small part of his sleeve and throw it into - or through - the ghastly mirror.

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Helena, Lv2 [07] (Front)
Image 45/45
Image 01/06
11-13 Atk | 102 Hit | 24 Crt
28 Avd | 05 CEv
Items:
- None (0 Wt | Effect)
- 2 Crafting Supplies (4 Wt)[/list]Skills[list]Repair: Repairs SKLx2 damage to self (or other metal constructs if such present themselves). This can also be used to undo 1 "rank" of damage on a weapon degraded by the Juggernaut ability.

SKL: 9
SPI: 6

Miscellanea:
AP: 95

Scripts:

[/spoiler]+1 SKL and +1 SPI
Repair (1 MP, 85 AP) >>> Repair (0 MP, 125 AP)

Helena crashed down with her knees on the ground. She was alone. Dead. She had already lived her life, short as it may be, but now she had life again, and she didn't know what to do with it.
She slowly rose up. She considered to attempt to die, but she couldn't wrap her mind about how to do so. If she breaks her new body, her consciousness remains, she will simply be stuck as a static piece of metal.
She tried willing herself free. She stood there with her gaze fixed at some unspecific point for minutes that seemed like eternity. She couldn't.

"I don't need time. I don't know what I need. I have no purpose..."

She looked at Tal, the cyan glow of her eyes met his golden aura. He was the only other individual here besides her. She may have found a purpose, for a little while at least. He was a lot like her, and he needed a guardian. She will have to protect him now.

"What should we do?" Her voice echoed sadly.
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Image 19/25 [Normal]
Image 6/12
Image 47/65
Stuff:

Spells:
(Current- 12 HP per charge, 3 charges maximum)

Abilities:
-Serene Stream-

Stats:

Info:

-Divine Dodge [1 Mana]-
Description:

[/spoiler]
"If you worry about your purpose, you'll drive yourself insane. There are forces we don't know of that are like gods to us, and forces to those forces that seem like gods to them. In the grand scale of things, it's astounding how insignificant we are. But in the short life that you have, you can make yourself happy in whatever way you can, and you can try and make others happy too." At the end of that last sentence, Tal surveys the landscape. The ground was devastated, littered with corpses and lives lost, death and destruction everywhere. The rain was like tears pouring from the scape of the clouds. This was definitely not a happy place. "...Which brings us to what has to be done. We need to leave this place, or at least find people here, or else we'll die in sadness without being able to make anyone else's lives better for the time being, and that is not what I intend to do. We should try and look for any signs of life we can, even through this rain." Climbing up to on top of Helena's head, Tal surveys the landscape for anything, be it smoke, structure, color, or anything else that might be a sign of life.

In other words, tell us where we can go, Clonks.

Shade

Post by Shade »

Spoiler: Helena & Tal
[list]ToD:....... Night

Helena.v. HP: 45/45 . | . MP: 01/06 . | . Front
Tal.......... HP: 19/25 . | . MP: 05/12 . | . Cover

Tal looks around, but even from Helena's shoulders he can't see very far - it's just too dark and the rain too heavy. It really doesn't help that everything beyond that tree looks the same.

Some possible options:
- Simply go forward, towards the plains, away from the building
- Go back into the building and examine it further
- Circle the building to possibly find something else
Spoiler: #3

#3......... HP: 25/25 . | . MP: 10/10 . | . Cover

You tear off a part of your sleeve and throw it against the mirror. The surface of the mirror behaves much like a liquid would do when the piece of cloth touches it and becomes blurred with waves; however, you can't see the piece of cloth through the mirror even after the waves have calmed down again. It seems to be gone, or at least it no longer seems to be inside this room.
Spoiler: Ell

Ell.......... HP: 20/20 . | . MP: 10/10 . | . Front

You effortlessly open the trap door, revealing... ...more darkness. It seems to be a shaft leading straight downwards, and there seems to be some kind of clear liquid in a room at the bottom, but it's very difficult to judge how deep exactly the shaft is; it looks pretty deep though. Furthermore, you can hear what sounds like a very large machine down there.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Ell, the elven Bard
Level 1 [00] - Front
20/20 HP
10/10 MP
.2-4 Atk | 112 Hit | 07 Crt
.28 Avd | 02 CEv

Weapon: Unarmed [1-3 Atk | 70 Hit | 0 Crt]
Armour: Nothing
Inventory (0/77)
-

Notes
Death Note [1MP] - Damages up to two random enemies for 8 HP. Has a 90% chance of inflicting the effect. 75 AP
Life Note [1MP] - Heals up to two random friendlies for 8 HP. 55 AP
Low Note [2MP] - Dispirits the enemy; reduces two random enemies' Hit and Avd by 10. Lasts two turns. Has a 90% chance of success. 80 AP
Cacophony [2MP] - A terribly out-of-tune note which will redirect enemies' attacks to Ell for a single turn. Targets all enemies at once, if an enemy is unable to attack Ell (for example, if she is in Cover) they ignore the effect. 70 AP

Skills
Chord [1MP + Notes/2 MP] - Ell plays three notes on an instrument, with magic in each one. Causes the effect of each note played, stacking if necessary. 130 AP

Stats
POW: 3
SKL: 10
AGI: 6
LUK: 2
CON: 4
SPI: 10

Story
Ell was born in 13 A.Z, and raised among her family quite exclusively. Homeschooled, trained to sing and play music. However, there was little reason for song in her life at any point - it was heard among her village that she had never smiled once in her life. She made a living off of her music, but never really found a purpose. It was something she could do, and that was it. She searches the Earth and her soul for something missing - taken from her at a very young age. Her happiness.

Other
80 AP
♪ I said I'm gonna buy a sword, and start a war... if you can tell me something worth fighting for...
Machinery. That means life. Which means... escape. Probably. Ell continued singing and looked and felt in the darkness for a means of descending into the hole.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Image 19/25 [Normal]
Image 6/12
Image 47/65
Stuff:

Spells:
(Current- 12 HP per charge, 3 charges maximum)

Abilities:
-Serene Stream-

Stats:

Info:

-Divine Dodge [1 Mana]-
Description:

[/spoiler]

Tal jumps off from Helena's head, landing gracefully on the ground. So, the elven blood in his veins was doing him some good after all. "Damn. Nothing for miles." Tal thinks over his options... what was he going to do with this few options? He wondered where there might be people. Around the factory? No, anyone who got out would have been destroyed by Marcus or the golem. Out in the field? Anyone who managed to make it out would be too wounded to make it far and would have died on the spot. The factory- yes, that might lead to something. If he had come here from... wherever... then other people probably had too. It looked like he had somewhere to go now. "If I appeared in that factory, others might have too. Let's go check in there. I'm willing to try anything that might lead us to people." Tal climbs up to Helena's metal shoulderplate. If he was going to keep himself, or anyone else he could find in the factory alive for long, he was going to need to regain his strength. And he was probably as exhausted as he could possibly be. "I need to rest. If I'm to be any help to anyone in that factory or to you, I need to be able to replenish my power. Wake me up... as soon as... *yawn* you need me." Using his arm and cloak as a sort of makeshift bed, Tal rests on Helena's shoulder, falling asleep almost instantly. Dealing with blood golems, violent factories, zombies, and emotionally traumatized couples might have been quite an accomplishment, but it definitely made someone tired.

END TURN

Helena goes back to the factory with Tal sleeping on her shoulder.