[PnP] Legacy of Darkness (Talk)

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Ditto
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)

Post by Ditto »

C'mon, let us have a peek at your character. >:D
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

I wrote it on a sheet of paper without too much knowledge of the ruleset, so I have to type and adjust it first. But I have to correct myself: I guess "Glass cannon" will not apply to this guy, actually.
Also, if a GM ever rolls "Error" again, something special should happen. :D
octagon

Post by octagon »

#3, Lv1 [0] Spellcaster [Cover]
0 Atk | 0 Hit | 0 Crt
45 Avd | 5 CEv
Unarmed (/)
Unarmored (-)

0/80 Load
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spoiler: Inventory and Status
Items

Skills
Shock Field [x MP] x AP
Spread among a random amount of enemies. Always targets at least 2 enemies, and acts as if it would even when targeting a single enemy. [[(2*SPI±4)/amount of affected enemies] Atk, 100 Hit, 2*SPI Crt]
Force Slash [x MP] x AP
If a target is missed by this attack, it strikes another enemy. Cannot attack the same enemy twice in the same turn. [SPI+Lvl±3 Atk, 80+2*SPI Hit, 0 Crt]
Radiation Burst [x MP] x AP
[SPI-3±5 Atk, 100+3*SPI Hit, 2*SPI Crt]. Radiates the target for [Lvl+1] subsequent rounds, dealing [SPI/2±1] (increased if the hit was critical) passive damage for [Lvl+1] subsequent rounds and increasing all other damage the target takes by 2. If someone is hit with this spell while already radiated, the duration increases by 1 turn, but the effect does not increase.
Magic Missile [x MP] x AP
Creates up to [Lvl+1] energy missiles with [SPI Atk, 100 Hit, 0 Crt]. 1 MP per missile.
[x MP] x AP

Abilities
Weakness x AP
From his early childhood on, #3 is used to solve even the most basic tasks with magic. Because of this, he neither learned how to fight nor ever did any hard physical work.
He is entirely incapable of physically attacking someone.
Arcane Force x AP
If his MP are below [Lvl], #3 regains 1 MP per turn.
Enhanced Power x AP
Spell critical hit bonus damage formula: [(5+Lvl)*d10]%

Stats
POW 0
SKL 0
AGI 10
LUK 5
CON 10
SPI 10

Base Secondary Stats
45 Avd | 5 CEv

Description
You see a tall young man, clad in an inornate long buttoned coat. His short hair and determined-looking eyes are dark, and his face shows a pensive expression most of the time.
He is quite paranoid and secretive, and most likely no one without Shinigami eyes knows his name. For whatever reason, he prefers being called "Third One" or "Number Three".
#3 is used to survive on his own and to fight his way through
It's unknown where he got his magical abilities from. Anyway, he apparently values knowledge over anything else.

Battles: 000
Kills: 000

Left AP: x

If he is as ineffective as Aranym or ridiculously overpowered, please tell me.
I had another skill planned (actually he was built around that skill), but that skill is non-awesome in a game without a DEF stat, so I dumped it.

Are the spell stat formulas okay or too obnoxious/sucky/complicated? I somehow dislike my hit formulas.

I'll likely dump or change some skills after Shade AP'd them.

Also, when I named him, I didn't even think about the fact that he happens to be the third party member. :o
And I took the Egoboo version of Magic Missile. :D
Last edited by octagon on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

And of course it makes perfect sense for someone who never did any physical labor to have a maxed out Constitution stat. ;)
:wink:
octagon

Post by octagon »

And a maxed out Agility stat.
I did think about this, but I didn't find any plausible justification.
Possibly he used 12397762 elixirs. Or he was whacked by ghuuohouhls a bajillion times (being whacked is a task you cannot fulfill with magic in any case ;)). Or...
well, leave it to your imagination.

ANFSCD: I will calculate the current spell stats once the spells are AP'd.
And I am not sure about the whole ± things in the spell formulas, but I did that to have an equivalent of the varying weapon damage.
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Maybe he increased his constitution magically. Who knows. What I do know is that Tal probably oozes with more flavor than he does. Har.

-Petrified Mana-
Tal can turn mana into a solid form and encase Helena's plating in it, allowing her to take more damage than normally possible. At the end of each battle, all of the remaining mana from unconscious enemies will be given to Helena's HP, healing her for up to 150% of her maximum HP. This effect does not take place if Tal is not conscious. In addition, every time more than the maximum HP is reached, Helena's maximum HP goes up by one.

This skill is designed because HP seems to be Helena's best method of defense, and it'd be helpful for the casters for her to have plenty to start with in battles as well as some permanent upgrades.

Also, if/when Octagon joins, how much is it if I add to Serene Stream that if The Third One also doesn't take any major action, the entire party each gains one mana? This should be a nice way to support the party's mana.

(Sorry for being disruptive with APing, Octy got my ideas going.)

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Ditto wrote: This skill is designed because HP seems to be Helena's best method of defense
That is because Clonks doesn't let me take any super serious armor yet. I intend to fix that when I get the opportunity.
:wink:
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Well, it's still an important part of your defense. Besides, permanent upgrade skills are always good, and grabbing skill parts designed for specific allies rounds out the flavor I'm trying to get for Tal.

Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

octagon wrote:Shock Field [x MP] x AP
Spread among a random amount of enemies. Always targets at least 2 enemies, and acts as if it would even when targeting a single enemy. [[(2*SPI±4)/amount of affected enemies] Atk, 100 Hit, 2*SPI Crt]
So this spell always randomly targets between 2 and [total number of enemies]?
Also, there's no point in having it hit the same enemy twice if there's only one to begin with, as 1x full damage is more or less the same as 2x half damage. Please remove that part.
2 MP and 120 AP.
octagon wrote:Force Slash [x MP] x AP
If a target is missed by this attack, it strikes another enemy. Cannot attack the same enemy twice in the same turn. [SPI+Lvl±3 Atk, 80+2*SPI Hit, 0 Crt]
I will not allow this an unlimited amount of times.
1 MP.
70 AP if it can retarget once.
95 AP if it can retarget twice.
octagon wrote:Radiation Burst [x MP] x AP
[SPI-3±5 Atk, 100+3*SPI Hit, 2*SPI Crt]. Radiates the target for [Lvl+1] subsequent rounds, dealing [SPI/2±1] (increased if the hit was critical) passive damage for [Lvl+1] subsequent rounds and increasing all other damage the target takes by 2. If someone is hit with this spell while already radiated, the duration increases by 1 turn, but the effect does not increase.
You don't need to mention the fact that the target takes damage for [Lvl+1] turns two times in a row. You can remove one instance.
3 MP, 130 AP.
octagon wrote:Magic Missile [x MP] x AP
Creates up to [Lvl+1] energy missiles with [SPI Atk, 100 Hit, 0 Crt]. 1 MP per missile.
[x MP] x AP
I am fine with the MP cost you chose.
95 AP.
octagon wrote:Weakness x AP
From his early childhood on, #3 is used to solve even the most basic tasks with magic. Because of this, he neither learned how to fight nor ever did any hard physical work.
+50 AP.
octagon wrote:Arcane Force x AP
130 AP.
octagon wrote:Enhanced Power x AP
130 AP.
Ditto wrote:-Petrified Mana-
Tal can turn mana into a solid form and encase Helena's plating in it, allowing her to take more damage than normally possible. At the end of each battle, all of the remaining mana from unconscious enemies will be given to Helena's HP, healing her for up to 150% of her maximum HP. This effect does not take place if Tal is not conscious. In addition, every time more than the maximum HP is reached, Helena's maximum HP goes up by one.
I will not allow this ability to increase anyone's max HP.
For the other part (remaining KO'd enemy MP = temporary HP bonus to Helena up to 150% of her max HP), 185 AP.
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

What if I change it to [SPI] above her maximum HP?

And how much extra is serene stream if it restores one mana per party member if the third one doesn't act either?

Shade

Post by Shade »

Ditto wrote:What if I change it to [SPI] above her maximum HP?
110 AP.
Ditto wrote:And how much extra is serene stream if it restores one mana per party member if the third one doesn't act either?
Aside from the fact that this makes no logical sense to me, no. If the others want a similar ability to yours that requires them to actively play a part in it, it's their own job to spend AP on it.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Octagon has been watching Death Note. :D
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
octagon

Post by octagon »

0 Atk | 0 Hit | 0 Crt
45 Avd | 5 CEv
Unarmed (/)
Unarmored (-)

0/80 Load
Items

Skills
Shock Field [2 MP] 120 AP
Spread among a random amount of enemies. Always targets at least 2 enemies, and acts as if it would even when targeting a single enemy. (italic addition currently ignored by AP) [[(2*SPI±4)/amount of affected enemies] Atk, 100 Hit, 2*SPI Crt]
Radiation Burst [3 MP] 130 AP
[SPI-3±5 Atk, 100+3*SPI Hit, 2*SPI Crt]. Radiates the target for [Lvl+1] subsequent rounds, dealing [SPI/2±1] (increased if the hit was critical) passive damage and increasing all other damage the target takes by 2. If someone is hit with this spell while already radiated, the duration increases by 1 turn, but the effect does not increase.
Magic Missile [1 MP/missile] 95 AP
Creates up to [Lvl+1] energy missiles with [SPI Atk, 100 Hit, 0 Crt].
[x MP] x AP

Abilities
Weakness +50 AP
Arcane Force 130 AP

[spoiler="Planned"]
Skills
Force Slash [1 MP] 95 AP
Can retarget twice if it misses. Cannot attack the same enemy twice in the same turn. [SPI+Lvl±3 Atk, 80+2*SPI Hit, 0 Crt]

Abilities
Enhanced Power 130 AP
Stats
POW 0
SKL 0
AGI 10
LUK 5
CON 10
SPI 10

Base Secondary Stats
45 Avd | 5 CEv

Description
You see a tall young man, clad in an inornate long buttoned coat. His short hair and determined-looking eyes are dark, and his face shows a pensive expression most of the time.
He is quite paranoid and secretive, and most likely no one without Shinigami eyes knows his name. For whatever reason, he prefers being called "Third One" or "Number Three".
#3 is used to survive on his own and to fight his way through
It's unknown where he got his magical abilities from. Anyway, he apparently values knowledge over anything else.

Left AP: 25

[/spoiler]
Shade wrote:Also, there's no point in having it hit the same enemy twice if there's only one to begin with, as 1x full damage is more or less the same as 2x half damage. Please remove that part.
No, I meant to have it deal only half damage to a single target (as if it would hit a hypothetical second target, which happens to be nonexistant).

I also want to remove the "the duration increases by 1 turn" part of Radiation Burst, but make critical hits double the duration of radiation instead of increasing the damage (since I won't take Enhanced Power, at least not now). Plus I want to drop the CRT of Shock Field.

@AoD, No, I read it instead. :P
I just finished Book 10...
Shade

Post by Shade »

octagon wrote:
Shade wrote:Also, there's no point in having it hit the same enemy twice if there's only one to begin with, as 1x full damage is more or less the same as 2x half damage. Please remove that part.
No, I meant to have it deal only half damage to a single target (as if it would hit a hypothetical second target, which happens to be nonexistant).
Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding.
I'll lower the cost to 100 AP then.
octagon wrote:I also want to remove the "the duration increases by 1 turn" part of Radiation Burst, but make critical hits double the duration of radiation instead of increasing the damage (since I won't take Enhanced Power, at least not now).
Okay. That will raise the cost to 140 AP.
octagon wrote:Plus I want to drop the CRT of Shock Field.
0 Crt, then? In addition to my misunderstanding from before, this will lower the AP cost to 90.
octagon

Post by octagon »

0 Atk | 0 Hit | 0 Crt
45 Avd | 5 CEv
Unarmed (/)
Unarmored (-)

0/80 Load
Items

Skills
Magic Missile [1 MP/missile] 95 AP
Creates up to [Lvl+1] energy missiles with [SPI Atk, 100 Hit, 0 Crt].
Curr: 10 Atk, 100 Hit, 0 Crt

Shock Field [2 MP] 90 AP
Spread among a random amount of enemies. Always targets at least 2 enemies, and acts as if it would even when targeting a single enemy. [[(2*SPI±4)/amount of affected enemies] Atk, 100 Hit, 0 Crt]
Curr: (16-24)/amount of affected enemies Atk, 100 Hit, 0 Crt

Radiation Burst [3 MP] 140 AP
[SPI-3±5 Atk, 100+3*SPI Hit, 2*SPI Crt]. Radiates the target for [Lvl+1] subsequent rounds (duration doubled by criticals), dealing [SPI/2±1] passive damage and increasing all other damage the target takes by 2. If someone is hit with this spell while already radiated, the effect does not increase.
Curr: 2-12 Atk, 130 Hit, 20 Crt, 2 rounds, 4-6 passive damage

[x MP] x AP
Curr: Atk, Hit, Crt

Abilities
Weakness +50 AP
Arcane Force 130 AP

[spoiler="Planned"]
Skills
Force Slash [1 MP] 95 AP
Can retarget twice if it misses. Cannot attack the same enemy twice in the same turn. [SPI+Lvl±3 Atk, 80+2*SPI Hit, 0 Crt]

Abilities
Enhanced Power 130 AP
Stats
POW 0
SKL 0
AGI 10
LUK 5
CON 10
SPI 10

Base Secondary Stats
45 Avd | 5 CEv

Description
#3 is used to survive on his own and to fight his way through the abominations that roam the world.

Left AP: 45

[/spoiler]

Okay, thank you.
Another skill idea:
Channel [0 MP]
Minor action. [5*SPI] chance of restoring 1 MP.

I'll possibly take that skill next level, if it costs <=145 AP.

Also, how many AP would you charge if I increase the maximal amount of missiles by 1?

(Un?)interesting fact: His appearance is a combination of two characters from Exit Fate and one from Last Scenario. Two are amnesiacs and one ...possibly does not even exist.
Last edited by octagon on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.