[PnP] Legacy of Darkness (Talk)

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

As long as it is for a good cause.
:wink:
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

The same applies for me and Spelunky. I'll write it next time I'm on my laptop (so I can group all my monster sheets together).
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Quality RPing, bishes. We don't need no third player, we can write enough for 10.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Yeah I'm not even going to read this one now. :P
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Ditto
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)

Post by Ditto »

Grow an interest in RP, foo.
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

Cimeries wrote:@Clonks: Can I change my 50% healing from items to 0% from things like medicine, bandages, etc, and 50% for things of a magical nature like potions? (Spells still heal fully, I don't want to make Ditto's life too hard. :P)
Yes. That will increase the AP bonus from +40 to +45.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Done.

Btw, there's a reason Heron is called that (as do most of my characters when I think about it). Irony Ftw.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

If Ditto has nothing to add by 00:00 (GMT+2), we go to the nearest unexplored door and check it out.
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

I have not anything to add. Post away.

(I probably could add something, but I kinda don't feel like it.)

Shade

Post by Shade »

Ditto, moving into the cover row already is a minor action. You can't do two minor actions and a major action in the same turn.
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Oops, misread it. Still, didn't I move into cover row last turn? Or did checking out the blood undo that?

Shade

Post by Shade »

Oh, I didn't realize that you actually moved into cover there. 'kay, everything's fine then. :)
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Going to reinvent some of Jacob Magnus' skills, since I feel I didn't get to enjoy them enough:

Image Die-Hard
If Heron's HP is reduced to 0, he can choose to instantly heal himself using his MP, at the rate of 3:1. He can never go over 30% of his max HP this way. Additionally, he is completely immune to damage until the beginning of his turn.

Image Grizzly Tactics Bladed Vestment
Now that Heron has built blades into his elbows, he can use them in combat. When Heron attacks, he can give up a minor action to toss an additional unarmed attack (elbow jab).

Image Warmachine (Very fitting, isn't it?)
When Heron fells an opponent, and sends his HP into the negative numbers, half of that difference (rounded down) is distributed among his party members as bonus MP: Allies with the largest mana pool have greater priority. If an ally has full MP, move on to the next. Heron is last on the list of priority, regardless of his MP.[/size]

Tip of the Phalanx - To take the place of Bloodluster
If Heron is in the front alone, all party members gain 10 Avd.
This was going to be "If Heron is in the front and his party outnumbers the enemy's" instead of "in the front alone", but I realized that's a bad idea considering there's only two of us.

You guessed it, prices plox.

Edit: While I'm at it:
Image Animate Weapon [3 Mana] H4x!!!
Heron can, through the manipulation of mana, control a weapon as if he was holding it. Animated weapons follow Heron's orders, which are silent, and not spoken. Their base stats (POW, AGI, etc) are equal to Heron's base Spirit. Animated weapons have only 5 Hp. They always take one point of damage upon hit, and they may not be critically hit by physical attacks. Defeated animated weapons are destroyed completely. A weapon cannot be animated if it is already being wielded. Only one weapon can be controlled at once in this fashion, animating another will disenchant the previous one (but leave it intact. If, once disenchanted, it has suffered damage that damage is added as ranks of wear as from the Juggernaut ability.).
An animated weapon is subjectable to be Repaired and Augmented.

Well, he is an Artificer-Bot. Seems fitting.

Editedit: Man, I am astounded every time how awesome the icon for Animate Weapon came out.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Cimeries wrote:Image Die-Hard
If Heron's HP is reduced to 0, he can choose to instantly heal himself using his MP, at the rate of 3:1. He can never go over 30% of his max HP this way. Additionally, he is completely immune to damage until the beginning of his turn.
I have an issue with this - it is troublesome to interrupt writing up my post just to wait for your decision whether you want to use this ability or not. To avoid this, please change it so that it activiates automatically and doesn't require your input.
Cimeries wrote:Image Grizzly Tactics Bladed Vestment
Now that Heron has built blades into his elbows, he can use them in combat. When Heron attacks, he can give up a minor action to toss an additional unarmed attack (elbow jab).
145 AP.

Cimeries wrote:Image Warmachine (Very fitting, isn't it?)
When Heron fells an opponent, and sends his HP into the negative numbers, half of that difference (rounded down) is distributed among his party members as bonus MP: Allies with the largest mana pool have greater priority. If an ally has full MP, move on to the next. Heron is last on the list of priority, regardless of his MP.
255 AP.
135 AP if only a quarter of the excess damage is converted into MP.
Also, how exactly does this work?
Assuming A has 0/10 MP and B has 0/8 MP:
Does A gain MP until he's full again?
Or does A gain one point, then B, then A, then B, then A, etc. until they are all distributed, with A simply going first?

Cimeries wrote:Tip of the Phalanx - To take the place of Bloodluster
If Heron is in the front alone, all party members gain 10 Avd.
Excluding yourself: 130 AP.
Cimeries wrote:Image Animate Weapon [3 Mana] H4x!!!
Heron can, through the manipulation of mana, control a weapon as if he was holding it. Animated weapons follow Heron's orders, which are silent, and not spoken. Their base stats (POW, AGI, etc) are equal to Heron's base Spirit. Animated weapons have only 5 Hp. They always take one point of damage upon hit, and they may not be critically hit by physical attacks. Defeated animated weapons are destroyed completely. A weapon cannot be animated if it is already being wielded. Only one weapon can be controlled at once in this fashion, animating another will disenchant the previous one (but leave it intact. If, once disenchanted, it has suffered damage that damage is added as ranks of wear as from the Juggernaut ability.).
An animated weapon is subjectable to be Repaired and Augmented.
If a weapon requires 5 hits to be destroyed regardless of how hard it was hit, it may very well be more durable than yourself. Reduce that to 3 HP or make it use the regular HP formula (with regular damage), given how it actually has its own stats. And reduce its stats to SPI/2 (rounded up), please.
As for repairing it, with the regular HP formula, one level of repair would be equal to 35% of its max HP.
Also, only melee weapons can be enchanted.
205 AP under my conditions.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

I probably won't take Tip of the Phalanx if I choose to take Animated weapon.

Revising:
Image Die-Hard
If Heron's HP is reduced to 0, as long as Heron has MP left, he will use them to heal himself for 3 HP per 1 MP (for a max. of 15 HP recovered). Additionally, he is completely immune to damage until the beginning of his turn. This can be toggled on/off.

I will display the icon next to his small portrait when it is on.

Image Warmachine
When Heron performs an overkill, one third of the difference (rounded down) between 0 and the victim's negative HP is distributed among his party members as bonus MP. Allies with the largest MP pools have greater priority. Heron is always last on the list of priority.
Does A gain MP until he's full again?
Or does A gain one point, then B, then A, then B, then A, etc. until they are all distributed, with A simply going first?
The latter.

Image Animate Weapon [4 Mana]
Heron can, through the manipulation of mana, control a weapon as if he was holding it. An animated weapon follows Heron's orders, which are silent (telepathic).
Properties of an animated weapon:
+ Only one can be controlled at once.
+ Inherits half of Heron's relevant corresponding base stats as their own.
+ Avd and CAvd is set to 0, but gains +20 Hit.
+ Has 4 HP, takes one point of damage on a standard hit, and 3 on a critical.
+ Can only be critically hit by spells or magical attacks.
+ Destroyed if their HP drop to 0.
+ Must be in Heron's possession in order to be animated.
+ Can not be animated mid-combat.
+ Can be disenchanted at will. If they were damaged, add the difference as a "worn" penalty of 1 Atk, 10 Hit per point of damage.
+ Animating a worn weapon starts them off with the HP difference again, but they regain their normal stats.
+ An animated weapon is subjectable to be Repaired (for 1 HP) and Augmented.
+ May alternatively be Augmented to increase its Max HP by 1.
+ Every animated weapon caps Heron's MP by one point until disenchanted/destroyed.
+ Cannot be healed, cannot be buffed or debuffed.
+ Must be a melee weapon.
+ Can not hold the front row.
+ Becomes Idle when Heron is knocked out.

Yes, long, I know. xD
I just want this version to be useful for anything other than meat-shielding. The ones Hood was using were kind of a pushover.
I changed the "as from the Juggernaut ability" part since I intend to upgrade it later on.

Edit: If you have not considered it into the cost of Repair yet, I forgot to add that it can only be used outside of combat, as is Augment, but that one is implied anyway.
Last edited by Cimeries on Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.