[PnP] Legacy of Darkness (Talk)

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

[PnP] Legacy of Darkness (Talk)

Post by Shade »

Story:
It is the year 54 after DZ. DZ stands for Day Zero - a day mankind will never forget. It will always be remembered as the day of the Absolute Eclipse - according to common knowledge, this obscure phenomenon caused an incredible number of vicious, unnatural creatures to befall the world. It is said that they slaughtered almost the entire population and destroyed large areas of the world. The few people who were alive at the time and survived up to this day, however, refuse to talk about this subject when asked about it. They act as if nothing ever happened.
Yet it did happen - the eternal mark in history, Day Zero, is proof of it. And some of those creatures, nowadays better known as monsters, are still roaming around the world even today.
But is it really history? A few days ago, the sun suddenly did not rise anymore. The moon of the night disappeared, but... ...it remained dark throughout the day. Only when it was nighttime again, the moon rose into the sky to give the world a tiny amount of light. The sun has not shown up once since that point. It eeriely resembles the Absolute Eclipse from 54 years ago...
Needless to say, mankind is in panic. People have started disappearing, and while some never show up again, others return as bloody corpses. The government is powerless - how are they supposed to put up a fight if they don't even know what they're fighting against?

And one day, you are one of those poor souls who just disappear. A struggle for survival begins...

Rules:

Roleplaying
1. Each player may only have one character. Your characters can act independently from each other if you wish to. Please only join if you fully intend to be active (that means, post more than like once every two days).
2. Regarding your character's race, it does not necessarily need to be human, but it should be something humanoid. So an elf, a half-breed or even an orc is okay, but nothing supernatural or undead.
3. Please try to contribute to the story when playing; this is an RPG, after all. Make your character act logically. Make it interesting. Make it have an own personality, its own reasons to fight and its own story. You are even welcome to have bonds between your characters, like being a brother/sister of someone else (even though no-one ever does that...). You don't need to type up a whole novel each time you post, especially in battles, but just make sure to make your character interesting, so that both you and the other players will be able to like your character (or at least love to hate it).
4. Please write anything your character says in "". I also recommend giving your character a personal talking color; note that you can get any color you desire by specifying a hex value instead of an actual color. #E5B530, for example (the format is #RRGGBB), should give a yellowish/golden color to your text.
5. Since you will be having quite some code in each of your posts, I recommend copying that code by clicking "quote" at your last own post. Just remember to update any changed values and remove the "[quote]"-tags afterwards.
6. If you want to say anything out of character in the game thread, use olive as a color please. If all you want to do is to say something out of character, please do it in this thread, not in the game thread.
7. Whenever I post I'll add a status table that indicates the most important stats of your characters, like the current HP of each character and enemy (if there are any). The order of the party members also shows in which order they'll act in battle. The current time of day, the current weather and how much gold you currently have are also shown.
8. When you're done talking and want me to move the game forward, make sure to post a clear action on what you're doing next (having your character say that he thinks about doing XYZ and having him actually do XYZ are two completely different things), or else it's possible that I don't recognize it as an actual action and nothing happens.

Character Stats
9. Every character's main stats are HP (Health Points), MP (Magic Points), XP (Experience Points) and AP (Ability Points). I think most people here should be familiar with what HP, MP and XP do. XP are gained for pretty much everything you do, such as helping other people, disarming a trap, picking a door's lock, defeating a monster, etc. AP, on the other hand, are used to learn new skills and abilities that your character can use.
10. Advancing to the next level always takes 100 XP. After a level up your XP are reset to 0, though any leftover XP will be kept (e. g. reaching 108 XP would leave you with 8 XP after the level up). Gaining a level will grant you 100 additional AP and allow you to distribute 2 additional points on your main stats.
11. Players may define the skills/spells/abilities they learn themselves, but I decide how many AP they actually cost to learn, and in the case of skills/spells, how many MP they require to be used (basic stuff may very well only require 1 MP, but if you want something really epic and powerful, you can expect it to cost a bit more. Anything above 3 MP is very rare though). You'll have to specify the basic Atk, Hit and Crt of any attacking skill or spell, kind of like if they were a weapon.
12. There is no gold or other currency in this game.
13. You may carry as many items in your inventory as their weight allows you to. You can carry up to [50 + (STR x5) + (CON x3)] units of weight.
14. You start without any items. If your character concept requires a certain item, tell me, and I'll make it appear early in the game - but you start the game completely unarmed and without items.
15. Each (player) character has the following stats, called "main stats":
POW: Power. Each point of POW allows you to carry 5 more units of weight. Additionally, half your POW is added as damage to your physical attacks, may increase the damage of skills and spells, and each second point of POW adds 1 HP per level.
SKL: Skill. Each point of SKL adds 3 points to your Hit rate, and each second point of SKL adds 1 point to your Crt rate. Critical hits do [SKL x10]% more damage than regular attacks.
AGI: Agility. Each point of AGI adds 4 points to your Avd.
LUK: Luck. Each point of LUK adds 1 point to your Hit, Avd, Crt and CEv values.
CON: Constitution. Each point of CON raises your HP by 1 per level and allows you to carry 3 more units of weight.
SPI: Spirit. Each point of SPI raises your max MP by 1.
...this results in various sub stats:
Atk: [POW/2 + Weapon Atk] The basic amount of physical damage you're capable of dealing with a regular attack.
Hit: [SKL x3 + LUK + Weapon/Skill Hit] Your basic chance to hit with a regular attack.
Crt: [LUK + SKL/2 + Weapon/Skill/Spell Crt] Your basic chance to score a critical hit. A critical hit deals [SKL x10]% (but at the very least one point) more damage than usual.
Avd: [AGI x4 + LUK + Equipment Avd] Your chance to avoid an attack, no matter whether it's physical or magical. To put it simply, your Avd is subtracted from the Hit rate of anything that tries to attack you. This does not apply to status ailments, however.
CEv: [LUK + Equipment CEv] Critical Evasion. This stat is subtracted from the Crt rate of anything that tries to attack you.
Max HP: [15 + (CON x Lv) + (STR/2 x Lv)]
Max MP: [SPI]
Inventory: [50 + (POW x5) + (CON x3)]
16. Distribute your starting stats wisely. You start out with 500 AP and can distribute 35 points among your "main stats"; however, while those stats may be 0, none of them may exceed 10 at the beginning, and 20 after the game has started. You may distribute 2 more points to your stats after each level up.

Combat
17. If a character's HP drop to 0, he/she faints. Unconscious characters can't act anymore until the battle is over, at which point they regain consciousness (but remain at 0 HP, unable to fight). Your characters cannot die in combat unless the whole party is defeated.
18. In combat, you may do one attack (major action) and one minor action or just two minor actions per turn. Anything that is not just talking counts as a minor action (e.g. using an item from your inventory, changing your row, etc.). After having done your actions, wait for my next post, unless all you want to do is to make your character say something.
19. You can choose between two possible positions for battles - front or cover. The front can be attacked by anything, but can also attack with anything itself. Covered characters can only be hit by ranged attacks, certain skills/spells and attacks that hit multiple characters - however, this only applies if there is at least one character standing at the front. If no-one at the front is left, melee attacks will be able to hit covered characters as well, so beware. Also note that if you're attacked from behind, your front and cover will be reversed.
20. If it looks like you're about to lose a battle, you might want to try to escape instead of waiting until you're defeated. Usually, if you try to escape and there aren't any obstacles in your way, you will succeed. However, if you escape, any party members not capable of moving (e. g. because of being unconscious) will be left behind (carrying them would slow you down too much). Usually, this means that they'll be captured. If you're unlucky, it might also mean their death, however.
21. Be creative. There are many ways to defeat your enemies, and not all of them necessarily involve defeating them yourself or even reducing their HP to 0 at all.
22. In a battle, whenever a turn passes in which a player hasn't posted (and the other players haven't chosen what that character should do either), his character will simply attack the first enemy on the list with a simple normal attack if he can hit an enemy from where he's standing.
If you don't want that to happen, simply add a "Script" tag in your charater's profile (in the spoiler) that tells me what your character should do in which situation. This can be as detailed as you want; if you want, you can even make a whole universal strategy to be used when you're absent, and I will make your character act accordingly to it (unless something happens which isn't covered in your script, in which case your character will resort to doing either normal attacks or nothing).
23. If you don't want to wait for the other players to post in a battle (for example if it just drags on and seemingly takes forever), you can just post a bolded End Turn in the game thread. You can then also give orders to the characters that haven't posted yet, if you want to, kind of like in an actual RPG game. Any characters that do not receive orders and have not posted yet at that point will resort to their script. If you ever actually want a character to do nothing, state so.
24. I may automatically end the current turn in a battle if some players haven't posted their actions after around 24 hours.

Misc.
25. If your character for some reason has no weapon (equipped), add one named "Unarmed" (or something similar) that has 1-3 Atk, 70 Hit and 0 Crt.
26. Here's a list of various more common status ailments that you might encounter:
Poison (x%): Every time you act while poisoned, you take damage equal to x% of your max. HP. If you get poisoned again while already being poisoned, the poison will become stronger.
Cursed: Any HP or MP recovery your character receives is nullified completely.
Stunned: You can't act while being in this status, but you can still move. Usually only lasts a single turn, though there may be exceptions.
Paralyzed (x): You cannot do anything at all (not even move) while being in this status, which also means that your Avd drops to 0. Will automatically be removed after x turns.
Dizzy (x): Your base Hit rate is reduced by 25% for the duration of this status ailment. This also applies to skills/spells. Will automatically be removed after x turns.
Dazzled (x): Your base Hit rate is halved for the duration of this status ailment. This also applies to skills/spells. Will automatically be removed after x turns.
27. When using ranged weapons, the stats of both the weapon itself and the ammo are added together for calculation purposes.

Each post should have the character's status table on top, looking similar to the example below (though you're very welcome to apply your own style and eye-candy). You may also add a hidden avatar and other fancy stuff if you want, but that's not a requirement.

Mr. Example, Lv1 (00) (Front)
HP: 24/24
MP: 08/08
AP: 500
Wt: 43/103
4-9 Atk | 98 Hit | 05 Crt
47 Avd | 08 CEv
Weapon: Random Weapon (1-6 Atk, 80 Hit, 0 Crt, 8 Wt)
Armor: Random Armor (20 Avd, 5 CEv, 30 Wt)
Spoiler: Inventory & Status
Items:
- Item (5 Wt | Effect)
Skills:
[1 MP] Skill: [Base Stats]
[Current Stats]
Does damage. [0 AP]
Spells:
[2 MP] Spell: [Base Stats]
[Current Stats]
Does something else. [0 AP]
Abilities:
- Ability: Description of what it does. [0 AP]
Stats:
POW: 7
SKL: 5
AGI: 6
LUK: 3
CON: 6
SPI: 8

Story: Insert your character's story and backgrounds here.
Appearance: Describe your character's appearance here as detailed as possible. If you have a picture of your character, it also goes here.

Script:
- If own HP less than 50%: Heal self
- If there are 3 or more enemies: Use multitarget spell
- etc...

Don't worry if calculating the stats of your stuff seems to be too complicated, I can do it for you if you want me to.
Last edited by Shade on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ditto
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)

Post by Ditto »

Not sure if this is futuristic or not?

But just because of the whole 'start with nothing' thing, I might make an entirely gear dependent character just for the fun of finding equipment and stuff.
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Ditto wrote:Not sure if this is futuristic or not?
Clonks is GMing, so I doubt it is.
Coming up with a character. I already have the persona pinned down, now I just need the class.
:wink:
Shade

Post by Shade »

Cimeries wrote:
Ditto wrote:Not sure if this is futuristic or not?
Clonks is GMing, so I doubt it is.
Although this sounds pretty negative, you do have a point. :?

@Ditto: I was going for a somewhat more modern setting than what I usually use - so machines, low-tech guns and stuff exist - but not exactly "modern", so swords and stuff still exist, too. I believe such a setting is called "Steampunk", but I'm not sure.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Very good then, that makes my character concept less strange. Will post a sheet in a bit.
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Maximum for a stat is 10, right? And total stat points is 35?

Shade

Post by Shade »

Ditto wrote:Maximum for a stat is 10, right? And total stat points is 35?
Yes, during character creation at least.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Re: [PnP] Legacy of Darkness (Talk)

Post by Cimeries »

Heron, Lv1 (00) (Front)
Image 30/30
Image 05/05
Wt: --/--
0-0 Atk | 00 Hit | 00 Crt
00 Avd | 00 CEv
Weapon: Unarmed (2-5 Atk, 60 Hit, 0 Crt)
Armor: Composite Plating (35 Avd, 10 CEv)
Items:
- Item (5 Wt | Effect)
[list] - 5 Scrap Metals ___ (5 Wt)
- 3 Crafting Supplies (3 Wt)[/list]Skills[list]Repair: Repairs SKLx2 damage to self (or other metal constructs if such present themselves). This can also be used to undo 1 "rank" of damage on a weapon degraded by the Juggernaut ability.
Requires 1 Scrap Metal. Scrap metals are collected at the end of a fight from leftovers of broken enemy armor and weapons.

Augment [3 MP]: Adds a small bonus of choice (1 atk/def, +5 Hit/avd, etc.) to a metal weapon or armor. Requires 3 Crafting Supplies to use, with one Crafting Supply gained after each battle (as Heron salvages materials). Heron's Composite Plating cannot be augmented.
Augmenting a piece of equipment will permanently increase its weight by 1.[/list]
Abilities/Traits[list]Composite Plating: Heron's body is covered in and, in fact, made of armor. His plating acts as his body armor, and confers 35 Avd and 10 CEv. It also reduces his carrying capacity by 60 due to its weight. Heron can't equip normal body armor due to his size.

Living Construct: Recovery items only offer 50% of their standard effect when used on Heron, due to his mechanical nature. Heron does not regain consciousness until his HP is positive again (>0) when knocked out, and can go into the negative numbers as his plating simply breaks further.

Juggernaut: Heron's massive frame and tough, jagged metal body are every swordsman's worst nightmare. Whenever Heron is hit by a melee weapon, that weapon is chipped and ruined, losing 1 Atk and 5 Hit permanently. This malus stacks.[/list]Stats:
POW: 10
SKL: 8
AGI: 2
LUK: 0
CON: 10
SPI: 5

Miscellanea:
AP: 500

Description: What you thought at first to be a knight or an armored warrior appears to be a mechanical humanoid of some kind.

Lurching over you is a monstrosity of steel and wood, the eerie blue glow emanating from its eyes pierces the darkness. The glow seems surprisingly sentient and intelligent, almost possessed.

The construct is clad in tough, jagged metal plating. On its chest, an unusual design: A shining blue eight-tipped star, bearing black eyes and nasal holes. The emblem is disturbing to look at, despite bearing fairy common symbolism.

ImageImage

Background:
Some years before the events of Day Zero, Heron awoke to find himself standing in some kind of basement full of alchemical, arcane and forging equipment. A tall, thin, bearded, and pale looking man in black robes stood in front of him, holding a thick open tome, in one hand, and leaning on his quarterstaff with the other. He was observing Heron.

Heron? Was that his name? He tried to remember how he could have gotten here, or who this man was, he seemed familiar somehow, but he couldn't recall anything about that. In fact, he couldn't recall anything about any topic at all. It is as if he was just born, fully aware and intelligent.

He knew this wasn't right. How could this be? He held his arms up. They felt heavy, they were made of metal. That fact seemed odd to him, even though he couldn't tell why. The pale man finally set his tome on a nearby desk and explained everything:

It seems that Heron was a golem, created to serve his maker, in this case, the robed man, who introduced himself as Marcus.
Heron served as his laborer and forging assistant. Marcus was an artificer, a creator of magically enchanted equipment, but as his former assistant recently perished, and Marcus was in no physical condition to be doing the actual metalworking aspect of his craft, he created Heron to assist him. And so Heron did. He wasn't sure why, but he had mixed feelings of compassion and hatred for Marcus. He had served Marcus for several years this way.

Following the events of Day Zero, Marcus disappeared and left Heron alone in his workshop. Not knowing what to do with himself, he returned to the laboratory where he was forged, set himself down, and let his consciousness drift away. A form of sleep, if you can call it that.

However, recently, some 50 years later, in the empty ransacked laboratory, something has awoken Heron again.
I wanted to create a tank "blacksmith" character with balanced permanent upgrade skills. I think I pulled it off well enough with Augment.
The rate at which it can be done is fairly slow and the permanent malus will make upgrading one piece of equipment less attractive (or practical. From past experience, within 3 battles there's a good chance I'll come across a better piece of equipment.) As you can see from the descriptions, it can't be used to upgrade Heron's own innate armor. For balance purposes, that will be done by spending additional AP.

The rate at which scrap metal for the repair skill will drop is up to you to decide, charge me appropriately. I was personally aiming for 2-3 each battle. Maybe more depending on how much metal is involved in each individual fight.

The existence of scrap metals and crafting supplies also gives you some more variety when giving us loot or treasure. ;)

I also gave Heron slightly different Unarmed stats. Nothing fancy, nor do I intend to use it. It just seemed appropriate due to his size and makeup.

There are several plot and background related points I want to talk to you about over PM, expect one soon.
Last edited by Cimeries on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Damn you, you took my tank blacksmith idea.

Oh well, I'll figure out another one. (mumblemumblemumble)

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Yes. Isn't he a sexy beast?
ShellShocker
Rust Eater (Senior Member)
Rust Eater (Senior Member)

Post by ShellShocker »

I'm not sure if I'll have the time to join on this PnP, so good luck!
Cimeries wrote:Yes. Isn't he a sexy beast?
Totally. 8)
This signature picture has been cropped to fit the size limit.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

I'm not sure if I'll join, but if you're running low on peeps or whatever, I'll come up with something.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Btw, I have healing covered, whether I go with Tal or Tali (the guys from seeds of light, although with modifications.) Although, Tal is more pure healery.

Shade

Post by Shade »

Very nice character, Cimeries. :)
Cimeries wrote:Weapon: Unarmed (2-5 Atk, 60 Hit, 0 Crt)
Please use the regular unarmed attack stats; your POW should emphasize enough how strong and bulky your character is. :/
Cimeries wrote:Items:
- Item (5 Wt | Effect)
  • - 5 Scrap Metals ___ (5 Wt)
    - 3 Crafting Supplies (3 Wt)
I understand that you need these items for your skills and stuff, but everyone starts without items, and you are no exception. I will make these items appear in the game early enough, don't worry.
Cimeries wrote:Repair: Repairs SKLx2 damage to self (or other metal constructs if such present themselves). This can also be used to undo 1 "rank" of damage on a weapon degraded by the Juggernaut ability.
Requires 1 Scrap Metal. Scrap metals are collected at the end of a fight from leftovers of broken enemy armor and weapons.
With an MP cost of 1, that will be 85 AP.
Cimeries wrote:Augment [3 MP]: Adds a small bonus of choice (1 atk/def, +5 Hit/avd, etc.) to a metal weapon or armor. Requires 3 Crafting Supplies to use, with one Crafting Supply gained after each battle (as Heron salvages materials). Heron's Composite Plating cannot be augmented.
Augmenting a piece of equipment will permanently increase its weight by 1.
Defense as a stat does not exist. As such, it cannot be raised.
I may also decide to drop more than one supply after a battle or none at all. It depends on what type of enemy you fight against, really.
With that said, 125 AP seems fine.
Cimeries wrote:Composite Plating: Heron's body is covered in and, in fact, made of armor. His plating acts as his body armor, and confers 35 Avd and 10 CEv. It also reduces his carrying capacity by 60 due to its weight. Heron can't equip normal body armor due to his size.
35 Avd right off the bat is pretty enormous, even if that thing weighs 60 units.

10 AP for 5 Avd and 5 CEv.
45 AP for 10 Avd and 5 CEv.
90 AP for 15 Avd and 5 CEv.
150 AP for 20 Avd and 5 CEv.
170 AP for 20 Avd and 10 CEv.
240 AP for 25 Avd and 10 CEv.
320 AP for 30 Avd and 10 CEv.
400 AP for 35 Avd and 10 CEv.
500 AP for 40 Avd and 10 CEv.
I will not allow boni higher than that.
Cimeries wrote:Living Construct: Recovery items only offer 50% of their standard effect when used on Heron, due to his mechanical nature. Heron does not regain consciousness until his HP is positive again (>0) when knocked out, and can go into the negative numbers as his plating simply breaks further.
+40 AP.
Cimeries wrote:Juggernaut: Heron's massive frame and tough, jagged metal body are every swordsman's worst nightmare. Whenever Heron is hit by a melee weapon, that weapon is chipped and ruined, losing 1 Atk and 5 Hit permanently. This malus stacks.
175 AP. Additionally, a weapon can only be degraded up to 3 times this way.

Your stats:
Wt: 60/130 or 0/70, depending on how you prefer to display the weight of your plating.
6-8 Atk | 94 Hit | 04 Crt
I'll calculate your Avd and CEv once you've chosen which version of your plating you wish to take.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Heron, Lv1 (00) (Front)
Image 30/30
Image 05/05
Wt: 0/70
6-8 Atk | 94 Hit | 04 Crt
28 Avd | 05 CEv
Weapon: Unarmed (1-3 Atk, 70 Hit, 0 Crt)
Armor: Composite Plating (20 Avd, 05 CEv)
Items:
- None (0 Wt | Effect)
[list] - 0 Scrap Metals ___ (0 Wt)
- 0 Crafting Supplies (0 Wt)[/list]Skills[list]Repair [1 MP]: Repairs SKLx2 damage to self (or other metal constructs if such present themselves). This can also be used to undo 1 "rank" of damage on a weapon degraded by the Juggernaut ability.
Requires 1 Scrap Metal. Scrap metals are collected at the end of a fight from leftovers of broken enemy armor and weapons. 85 AP

Augment [3 MP]: Adds a small bonus of choice (1 atk, +5 Hit/avd, etc.) to a metal weapon or armor. Requires 3 Crafting Supplies to use, which Heron will salvage after battle. Heron's Composite Plating cannot be augmented.
Augmenting a piece of equipment will permanently increase its weight by 1. 125 AP[/list]
Abilities/Traits[list]Composite Plating: Heron's body is covered in and, in fact, made of armor. His plating acts as his body armor, and confers 20 Avd and 5 CEv. It also reduces his carrying capacity by 60 due to its weight. Heron can't equip normal body armor due to his size. 150 AP

Living Construct: Recovery items only offer 50% of their standard effect when used on Heron, due to his mechanical nature. Heron does not regain consciousness until his HP is positive again (>0) when knocked out, and can go into the negative numbers as his plating simply breaks further. +40 AP

Juggernaut: Heron's massive frame and tough, jagged metal body are every swordsman's worst nightmare. Whenever Heron is hit by a melee weapon, that weapon is chipped and ruined, losing 1 Atk and 5 Hit permanently. This malus stacks up to 3 times. 175 AP[/list]Stats:
POW: 10
SKL: 8
AGI: 2
LUK: 0
CON: 10
SPI: 5

Miscellanea:
AP: 005

Description: What you thought at first to be a knight or an armored warrior appears to be a mechanical humanoid of some kind.

Lurching over you is a monstrosity of steel and wood, the eerie blue glow emanating from its eyes pierces the darkness. The glow seems surprisingly sentient and intelligent, almost possessed.

The construct is clad in tough, jagged metal plating. On its chest, an unusual design: A shining blue eight-tipped star, bearing black eyes and nasal holes. The emblem is disturbing to look at, despite bearing fairy common symbolism.

ImageImage

Background:
Some years before the events of Day Zero, Heron awoke to find himself standing in some kind of basement full of alchemical, arcane and forging equipment. A tall, thin, bearded, and pale looking man in black robes stood in front of him, holding a thick open tome, in one hand, and leaning on his quarterstaff with the other. He was observing Heron.

Heron? Was that his name? He tried to remember how he could have gotten here, or who this man was, he seemed familiar somehow, but he couldn't recall anything about that. In fact, he couldn't recall anything about any topic at all. It is as if he was just born, fully aware and intelligent.

He knew this wasn't right. How could this be? He held his arms up. They felt heavy, they were made of metal. That fact seemed odd to him, even though he couldn't tell why. The pale man finally set his tome on a nearby desk and explained everything:

It seems that Heron was a golem, created to serve his maker, in this case, the robed man, who introduced himself as Marcus.
Heron served as his laborer and forging assistant. Marcus was an artificer, a creator of magically enchanted equipment, but as his former assistant recently perished, and Marcus was in no physical condition to be doing the actual metalworking aspect of his craft, he created Heron to assist him. And so Heron did. He wasn't sure why, but he had mixed feelings of compassion and hatred for Marcus. He had served Marcus for several years this way.

Following the events of Day Zero, Marcus disappeared and left Heron alone in his workshop. Not knowing what to do with himself, he returned to the laboratory where he was forged, set himself down, and let his consciousness drift away. A form of sleep, if you can call it that.

However, recently, some 50 years later, in the empty ransacked laboratory, something has awoken Heron again.
Updated. Took the 20 Avd and 5 CEv version of Comp. Plating for 150 AP.
Clonks wrote:Please use the regular unarmed attack stats; your POW should emphasize enough how strong and bulky your character is. :/
Ah, that's right. I forgot about Pow bonuses. xD
Clonks wrote:I may also decide to drop more than one supply after a battle or none at all. It depends on what type of enemy you fight against, really.
With that said, 125 AP seems fine.
Fair enough. I think I even prefer it this way.
Clonks wrote:
Cimeries wrote:Repair
With an MP cost of 1, that will be 85 AP.
And without the MP cost? I originally intended it to have a limited amount of uses that recharge after battles. It's essentially the same, except that now the rate of recovery depends on what I fight and your own judgment. Also remember that scrap metal has weight, so I can't carry as many as I'd like around. Sort of a self imposed use limit. :P
If that's still too much, what if I couldn't carry more than 10/8/5 at once?

Oh, as for Juggernaut, I thought of a way to make it easier for you to manage: You can just add (-1)/(-2)/(-3) next to the weapon's name so that we know how much damage it took.
Last edited by Cimeries on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.