[RPG] Exile from Axedes (Hard Mode, Press Start to Go Splat)

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Ditto
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)

Post by Ditto »

Gold: 0
Runestones: 0

=======================================================
Image 48/72 | Image Lvl 1, 0/100 | Middle | Normal Condition | Tessa (Clonkinator)
Image 19/48 | Image Lvl 1, 0/100 | Front | Normal Condition | Lucius Fern (Cimeries)
Image 20/40 | Front | Normal Condition | Drow Guard (1h Katana, 1h Katana)
Image 40/40 | Front | Normal Condition | Drow Guard (2h Dai-Katana)

The drow holding two swords seems annoyed.
"Great. They've got weapons. The fact that I like hurting other people doesn't mean I like getting hurt, you know." The Drow wielding the two handed sword seems a little more sadistic, however.
"Speak for yourself."

-Tessa uses Magic Missile on Drow Guard One (20 Atk, 70 Hit, 0 Crt): Hit (20 Dmg)!
-Tessa does not take a second action.
-Tessa does not take a minor action.

Despite the Drow very nearly rolling out of the way of the attack, you manage to aim the attack just right, and the magical orb blasts into him, the impact nearly sending him over the edge.

-Luke attacks Drow Guard One with his Morningstar (21 Atk, 30 Hit, 34 Crt): Miss...

The guard quickly parries your attack with his weapon, leaving you a little more tired and him completely unharmed.

-Luke attacks Drow Guard Two with his Morningstar (21 Atk, 30 Hit, 34 Crt): Miss...

The other drow effortlessly knocks your weapon down with his dai-katana, and by the time you pick your weapon up again, he is several feet backwards.

-Luke does not take any minor action.

-Drow Guard One attacks Luke with his Katana (15 Atk, 70 Hit, 30 Crt): Evade!
-Drow Guard One attacks Luke with his Katana (5 Atk, 70 Hit, 30 Crt): Evade!
-Drow Guard moves into the back row.
WTF HAX?

Despite a well aimed strike, you manage to hop backwards quickly, letting his first strike hit the floor, soon followed by his second weapon strike. The drow then quickly retreats behind his less wounded friend.
"Your turn."
"Excellent."

Drow Guard Two attacks Luke with his Dai-katana (20 Atk, 70 Hit, 30 Crt): Hit (20 Dmg)...
Drow Guard Two does not take any minor action.

Jumping back didn't really help with the second guards longer blade, though, and it isn't long before there's a sword wound on your chest. Ouch.

Luke: +1 HP
Tessa: +1 HP
Last edited by Ditto on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

Tessa, Lv1 [00] (Middle)
48/72 HP
13 Atk | 80 Hit | 03 Crt | 75 Avd
Magic Rod (10 Atk, 0 Hit, 0 Crt, 2h)
Black Dress
Spoiler: Inventory & Status
Items (1/3):
- Odd Coin

Spells:
[2/4] Magic Missile [120 AP]
[Base: 20 Atk, 130 Hit, 0 Crt]
[Curr: 23 Atk, 145 Hit, 0 Crt]
A simple offensive spell that fires an orb of concentrated magical energy at an enemy, dealing [20 + KNO] damage. [130 + KNOx5] Hit, 0 Crt.

[2/2] Stardust [120 AP]
[Base: 12 Atk, 120 Hit, 0 Crt]
[Curr: 15 Atk, 132 Hit, 0 Crt]
A simple offensive spell that causes small stars to rain down from the sky, dealing [12 + KNO] damage to all enemies. [120 + KNOx4] Hit, 0 Crt.

[2/3] Fairy Light [150 AP]
[Base: +50%]
[Curr: +65%]
Heals one ally by [50 + KNOx5]% of its max. HP. Tessa cannot heal herself with this spell.

Abilities:
- Divine Protection [150 AP]
As long as Tessa has any spell uses for any spell left, her HP cannot drop below 1. If she takes further damage while already being at 1 HP, the remaining uses for a random spell are set to zero instead.

Stats:
-2 STR
-4 DEX
+5 AGI
+3 END
+3 KNO

Technological Skills:
+0 Combat Tools
+3 Special Tools
+2 Engineering
+5 Medical

Story:
Tessa has been born and raised in the custody of Axedes. She is the child of a family of scientists, and has thus been raised to become their successor. She's never been able to leave the labs much, and has thus never been able to experience things such as friendship, or even just the outside world - she is unprepared for the dangers of the world. However, despite of this, the deeds of Axedes have not gone by unnoticed by her - and despite never having seen the outside world, she has decided that what Axedes is doing is wrong. However, she was caught when she tried to sneak out of the labs...
Tessa is a very shy girl with the natural gift of magic. She is very unexperienced and unprepared for the dangers of the world, resulting in a bit of naivety. On the other hand, she has a strong will and a strong sense of justice. She tries to help people whenever possible, even if it means to put her own life in danger.

Misc.:
AP left: 0[spoiler="Not yet learned"]Spells:
[1/1] Shield Barrier [100 AP]
[Base: 2 turns / 40 Pts]
[Curr: 3 turns / 55 Pts]
Temporarily creates a magical barrier around an ally that prevents all harm done to it. The barrier lasts for [2 + KNO/2] turns or until it has received [40 + KNOx5] damage, whichever comes first.

Abilities:
- Concentration [150 AP]
Tessa can use her minor action each turn to cast a spell, at the cost of a runestone.
[/spoiler]

Oh, damn. I forgot we had two actions per turn. You could have reminded me, at least!
...btw, I like how you're throwing +8 AGI enemies at us as the very first encounter. :?

"...please, even in this situation, trust me. I doubt we'll make it if we can't rely on each other."
Tessa finally concentrates on the flow of the battle. Luke has been injured... But her magic should be able to fix that.
"Please concentrate on the battle. I will take care of your wounds."
Tessa's magic rod begins to emit a warm light that covers Luke's wounds, making them disappear and soothing his pain. She then fires another missile at the injured drow guard.

Fairy Light on Lucius, Magic Missile on the dude with the two one-handed Katanas. No minor action.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Lucius Fern, Lv1 [00] (Front)
19/48 HP
21 Atk | 105 Hit | 34 Crt | 55 Avd
Morningstar (6[x2] Atk, -10 Hit, 5[x2] Crt, 1h)
Items (0/6):

Kinomancy:
[10/10] Sketch [100 AP]
Luke can create and dismiss at will magical visual illustrations, graphs, charts and so forth of any concept or idea that he is familiar with.
When used while devising a course of action for a task (such as planning a route through enemy territory, or discussing how to engage the enemy), successful completion of the task will award (Knowledge x 10) percent more exp than it would otherwise (for everyone nearby). Currently exp will be scaled to 130%.

[6/6] Blink [135 AP]
Luke can cover short distances of about 15 meters in an instant so long that they are visible to him. In combat, Luke can expand two uses to attack anyone in any row as if they were both at the front for the duration of the attack, and instantly return to his place.
Blinking in itself is considered a free action.
Blinking as a combination with an attack uses one Major and one Minor action.

Abilities:
- Ballistics [125 AP]
Luke adds his Knowledge modifier to weapon Atk when fighting with physical weapons (things like energy or magic weapons are excluded). Currently 3.

- Bonecrusher [65 AP]
When wielding a one-handed weapon with nothing in the off-hand, the weapon's base Atk and Crt are doubled.

Stats:
+1 STR
+3 DEX
+1 AGI
-3 END
+3 KNO

Technological Skills:
+2 Combat Tools
+3 Special Tools
+5 Engineering
+0 Medical

Story:
Gifted with a moderate amount of magic, Luke was what is commonly referred to in Axedes as an "arcane scientist", one who studies both science and magic and the relationship between them. Particularly, Luke's area of expertise is Physics and Motion, and the way Magic can alter and obscure its laws.

Becoming bored of his daily routine he decided that he wanted to leave Axedes and study the rest of the world, only to end up accidentally uncovering a massive conspiracy plot and being exiled.
He got what he wanted, it's just that he got too much of it, It seems that he will have the chance to observe first hand the interaction between the earth, gravity and his poor brittle frame.

Luke strives to appear calm and calculated, but he has a very short temper and tends to act before he thinks things through properly, and trouble seems to follow him whenever he goes. He has a black morningstar silhouette, about the size of his index finger, tattooed on the back of his right hand.

Misc.:
AP left: 115
"Fair enough. Thank you. Now, you two masochists, stand still."

He swings franticly at whomever may still be standing after the missile hits.
:wink:
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Image 49/72 | Image Lvl 1, 0/100 | Middle | Normal Condition | Tessa (Clonkinator)
Image 39/48 | Image Lvl 1, 0/100 | Front | Normal Condition | Lucius Fern (Cimeries)
Image 20/40 | Front | Enraged: Double Damage | Drow Guard (1h Katana, 1h Katana)

Tessa uses Fairy Light on Lucius.
Lucius: +32 HP

Tessa uses Magic Missle on Drow Guard One (20 Atk, 70 Hit, 0 Crt): Miss...

You aim your missle very well- however, part of the platform dislodges, making it shift- causing it to sway far off.

Luke attacks Drow Guard Two with his Morningstar(21 Atk, 30 Hit, 34 Crt): Hit (21 Dmg)!

In a feat of incredible aim, you somehow manage to strike the drow guard even when the platform shifts for a short second, and...

Luke attacks Drow Guard Two with his Morningstar (21 Atk, 30 Hit, 34 Crt): Hit (21 Dmg)!

When he leaps up to the higher part of the platform, you knock him right back down again, and bleeding badly, he cannot hold onto the platform. His fingers slip, and the last thing you see is a black spot in the sky. The dual wielding guard seems to hate you ten times more than he already did before, and he hated you a whole lot already.
"You killed my brother... monsters. I hope it hurts when I cut your head off."

Drow Guard's Enrage Activates: Damage x2!

Drow Guard attacks Luke with his Katana (30 Atk, 70 Hit, 30 Crt): Evade!

The drow puts all of his force into a one handed blow, but narrowly misses your chest, even leaving a small cut in your shirt as the blade goes by.

Drow Guard attacks Luke with his Katana (10 Atk, 70 Hit, 30 Crt): Hit (10 Dmg)...

However, he does succeed in slicing open your leg with a quick, unexpected blow to the legs with his off hand sword.

Tessa: +1 HP
Luke: +1 HP

I am aware of the wtfy rolls this turn.
Last edited by Ditto on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shade

Post by Shade »

Tessa, Lv1 [00] (Middle)
49/72 HP
Black Dress
Items (0/3):
- None

Spells:
[0 or 1/4] Magic Missile [120 AP]
A simple offensive spell that fires an orb of concentrated magical energy at an enemy, dealing [20 + KNO] damage. [130 + KNOx5] Hit, 0 Crt.

[2/2] Stardust [120 AP]
A simple offensive spell that causes small stars to rain down from the sky, dealing [12 + KNO] damage to all enemies. [120 + KNOx4] Hit, 0 Crt.

Heals one ally by [50 + KNOx5]% of its max. HP. Tessa cannot heal herself with this spell.

Abilities:
As long as Tessa has any spell uses for any spell left, her HP cannot drop below 1. If she takes further damage while already being at 1 HP, the remaining uses for a random spell are set to zero instead.

Stats:
-2 STR
-4 DEX
+5 AGI
+3 END
+3 KNO

Technological Skills:
+0 Combat Tools
+3 Special Tools
+2 Engineering
+5 Medical

Story:
Tessa has been born and raised in the custody of Axedes. She is the child of a family of scientists, and has thus been raised to become their successor. She's never been able to leave the labs much, and has thus never been able to experience things such as friendship, or even just the outside world - she is unprepared for the dangers of the world. However, despite of this, the deeds of Axedes have not gone by unnoticed by her - and despite never having seen the outside world, she has decided that what Axedes is doing is wrong. However, she was caught when she tried to sneak out of the labs...
Tessa is a very shy girl with the natural gift of magic. She is very unexperienced and unprepared for the dangers of the world, resulting in a bit of naivety. On the other hand, she has a strong will and a strong sense of justice. She tries to help people whenever possible, even if it means to put her own life in danger.

Misc.:
Temporarily creates a magical barrier around an ally that prevents all harm done to it. The barrier lasts for [2 + KNO/2] turns or until it has received [40 + KNOx5] damage, whichever comes first.

Abilities:
- Concentration [150 AP]
Tessa can use her minor action each turn to cast a spell, at the cost of a runestone.
[/spoiler]

Actually, why does everyone seem to have 0 Crt when they actually have much more? I know that my Magic Missile does not have a Crt value, but Lucius' regular attacks should have a significant one, and the drow dude should probably have one as well.
To my knowledge, a stat that reduces Crt rates doesn't exist in your ruleset.

"You call us monsters when you and Axedes were the ones who attacked us first? When you were the ones who abandoned the people on earth and at the same time hid this fact from the people living here!? Maybe you should stop and think a moment about the nonsense you're spouting!"
As if to emphasize her words, she fires another missile at the drow.

Magic Missile against the drow. If I happen to miss, fire another missile at the drow.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

39/48 HP
Items (0/6):

Kinomancy:
[10/10] Sketch [100 AP]
Luke can create and dismiss at will magical visual illustrations, graphs, charts and so forth of any concept or idea that he is familiar with.
When used while devising a course of action for a task (such as planning a route through enemy territory, or discussing how to engage the enemy), successful completion of the task will award (Knowledge x 10) percent more exp than it would otherwise (for everyone nearby). Currently exp will be scaled to 130%.

[6/6] Blink [135 AP]
Luke can cover short distances of about 15 meters in an instant so long that they are visible to him. In combat, Luke can expand two uses to attack anyone in any row as if they were both at the front for the duration of the attack, and instantly return to his place.

Abilities:
- Ballistics [125 AP]
Luke adds his Knowledge modifier to weapon Atk when fighting with physical weapons (things like energy or magic weapons are excluded). Currently 3.

- Bonecrusher [65 AP]
When wielding a one-handed weapon with nothing in the off-hand, the weapon's base Atk and Crt are doubled.

Stats:
+1 STR
+3 DEX
+1 AGI
-3 END
+3 KNO

Technological Skills:
+2 Combat Tools
+3 Special Tools
+5 Engineering
+0 Medical

Story:
Gifted with a moderate amount of magic, Luke was what is commonly referred to in Axedes as an "arcane scientist", one who studies both science and magic and the relationship between them. Particularly, Luke's area of expertise is Physics and Motion, and the way Magic can alter and obscure its laws.

Becoming bored of his daily routine he decided that he wanted to leave Axedes and study the rest of the world, only to end up accidentally uncovering a massive conspiracy plot and being exiled.
He got what he wanted, it's just that he got too much of it, It seems that he will have the chance to observe first hand the interaction between the earth, gravity and his poor brittle frame.

Luke strives to appear calm and calculated, but he has a very short temper and tends to act before he thinks things through properly, and trouble seems to follow him whenever he goes. He has a black morningstar silhouette, about the size of his index finger, tattooed on the back of his right hand.

Misc.:
If the drow is still standing, Luke swings at him again.

Not sure if it's due to an ability the guards have or something, but my crt is actually 34, not 24.
Base 15 + 9 from Dex, +5x2 from weapon.
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Image 49/72 | Image Lvl 1, 25/100 | Middle | Normal Condition | Tessa (Clonkinator)
Image 39/48 | Image Lvl 1, 25/100 | Front | Normal Condition | Lucius Fern (Cimeries)

Alright, I'm screwing up entering in critical hit chances, leave me alone. D:

EDIT: Added XP. Tessa and Luke each get 25 for the battle.

"Axedes has no debt to the lower world- stopping supporting someone when you owe them nothing is no crime. All we ask of our citizens is that they follow the law and don't say what they aren't supposed to say. Don't pretend to be innocent in this- you people are smart, even if traitorous. You should have known what was going on when you got on Axedes."

Tessa uses Magic Missle on the Drow Guard (20 Atk, 70 Hit, 0 Crt): Hit (20 Dmg)!

As your orb of magical power hits the enemy, he appears to not be able to stand any more. He collapses onto the platform, and rolls off the edge... but, miraculously, his parachute wedges on the edge of the platform, and Luke manages to quickly snatch it before it blows of the edge. The only thing left from those guards is that one parachute.

-Tessa: +25 XP-
Battle: 25 XP

-Luke: +25 XP-
Battle: 25 XP

The platform doesn't seem stable at all, and this battle seems to be all it can handle... it's probably going to break off soon. You've only got a few seconds left. What will you do?
Last edited by Ditto on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

39/48 HP
Items (0/6):

Kinomancy:
[09/10] Sketch [100 AP]

[6/6] Blink [135 AP]

Abilities:
- Ballistics [125 AP]

- Bonecrusher [65 AP]

Stats:
+1 STR
+3 DEX
+1 AGI
-3 END
+3 KNO

Technological Skills:
+2 Combat Tools
+3 Special Tools
+5 Engineering
+0 Medical

Story:

Misc.:
Luke stares at the parachute in his hands for a few moments. Eventually he holds it up for Tessa to take it.
"Go ahead, I'll live. Heal my wounds again if you can."

He holds his index fingers and thumbs together in a box shape, and a glowing blue illustration appears in front of him.
"If the volcano is active, it emits hot air, you can use it to gain elevation if you're gliding too low. At any rate, try to hold it at this angle and you should be fine. See you on the ground."

He stretches his arms and cracks his neck... this will be tricky. As the platform breaks off, he holds on to it and rides it. If it sways away from the center of the summit, good. At any rate, once the mountain is close enough he jumps off and attempts to blink to safety. He'll probably have to fall some distance and crash into the mountain side anyway, but he can easily minimize the damage to a fraction if he times this right.

(Using up all of my blinks if necessary.)
Shade

Post by Shade »

Tessa, Lv1 [00] (Middle)
49/72 HP
Black Dress
Items (0/3):
- None

Spells:
[1/4] Magic Missile [120 AP]

[2/2] Stardust [120 AP]

Abilities:

Stats:
-2 STR
-4 DEX
+5 AGI
+3 END
+3 KNO

Technological Skills:
+0 Combat Tools
+3 Special Tools
+2 Engineering
+5 Medical

Story:

Misc.:

Abilities:
- Concentration [150 AP]
[/spoiler]

Just when Tessa is about to take a sigh of relief about the fact that they managed to deal with those two guards, a small quake makes her realize that while they managed to avoid getting thrown off the balcony by the guards, they're probably going to fall off anyway. Was all of their effort in vain in the end? There's only one parachute... ...not enough for the two of them.
However, just when she's about to resign herself to her fate, Luke gives her the parachute. She stares at him for a moment.
"B-but...! Look, I can heal minor wounds, but I can't revive the dead! You'll die without a para-- ah!"
As the platform breaks off, Tessa tries to make the best out of it and with the help of the parachute instinctively tries to land safely. Hopefully Luke will be alright...
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Image 49/72 | Image Lvl 1, 25/100 | Middle | Normal Condition | Tessa (Clonkinator)
Image 01/56 | Image Lvl 1, 0/100 | Front | Normal Condition | Ilthor Calduris (Octagon)
Image 39/48 | Image Lvl 1, 25/100 | Front | Normal Condition | Lucius Fern (Cimeries)
Image 50/60 | Image Lvl 1, 0/100 | Middle | Normal Condition | Travis (AoD)
Lucky me, last week was pretty un-busy, so I can post here.
Spoiler: Tessa
The platform shatters, and you fall off, along with the parachute. Luke, the only friend you had, goes off into the distance... and you might never see him again. You're alone now. The parachute opens unexpectedly... so much for timing your fall.

You have to move on, however, at least for now. Free fall lasts for several minutes. The wind whips by you in a blur, and you are surrounded by nothing but blue sky and white clouds. You notice that you can breathe a lot easier than you could on Axedes... must be the altitude. The air smells fresh and alive, full of smells of plants and flowers, and the air is dense with humidity. Then, through the fog, you faintly see something off in the distance. Below you is a flat plateau, around a mile and a half in diameter and around a couple miles high, covered with lush jungles. You see a rapid , fairly clear river in the green trees that is surrounded by rocks, probably leading to a waterfall- after all, there's no where else to go but down from the plateau. Sure enough, in the center of the jungles, you see the volcano that Hart and Tal unfortunately weren't lying about. It's fairly flat, composed of brown rock, and it has quite a wide crater. While it isn't active, which will prevent it from hurting you if you land safely, it isn't active, which means you can't use it's winds to try and dodge it.

It's less than a mile away now. If you hit the lava, it'll only take a few seconds for you to be incinerated. You're only a couple of feet into the crater horizontally, and there's still time to avoid the volcano using whatever means necessary. What will you do?
Spoiler: Luke
As Tessa falls off the platform, you really wish you had a parachute too. You really hope you'll see her again, although she's a lot more likely to survive the fall than you are.

It feels like you're riding on a comet as the solid rock gains speed and starts rocketing towards the earth. The wind whips by you in a blur, and you are surrounded by nothing but blue sky and white clouds. You notice that you can breathe a lot easier than you could on Axedes... must be the altitude. The air smells fresh and alive, full of smells of plants and flowers, and the air is dense with humidity. Then, through the fog, you faintly see the edge of a plateau below you, nearly a mile and a half in diameter and a couple of miles high. The plateau is covered with lush jungles, and on it's edge is a waterfall probably coming from a river on the plateau- water has to come from somewhere. You faintly see the top of a brown, mountain-like shape, probably the volcano that Hart and Tal unfortunately didn't lie about.

Mere seconds before the rock rockets into the ground, you leap off, and try to blink safely to the ground. Unfortunately, you start blinking from high enough that you use all of your remaining blinks. Thankfully, you run out around eight feet from the ground, and below you is... a zombie?!? Maybe he isn't a zombie, but below you is a pretty decrepit guy with scratches on his face who looks infected. Within seconds, you slam into him, breaking your fall, but probably hurting the man quite a bit. You tumble a few feet backward from him, and when you lean up again, he's leaning up just like you, staring at you blankly. What will you do?
Spoiler: Travis
God. Those people in Axedes were the luckiest people on the planet. Or off the planet. Whatever.

It hardly seemed fair. He had given up everything he had to get on that floating rock and get away from this god forsaken planet. Yet they had taken seconds to push him away and give up on him, and all those other people who didn't care anything about Axedes were welcomed like heroes upon the crown of the world. You, on the other hand, got dumped down here, infected with a terrible disease, and left to rot on this planet. It's a miracle you managed to survive until now, even if only by hunting and gathering food, drinking out of a river, and sleeping in a cave through a waterfall, on fairly open plains next to a jungle. While it wasn't the best existence, it would be far better than trying to talk to one of those settlements of people- those people were so war-crazed that they would probably stab you like any other monster if you even tried to stand near their families.

It's simply another day. You don't really have any purpose other than to survive, so that's what you're going to do. Survive. Or is it? Mere seconds after you leave the cave, someone that looks like one of the arcane scientists of Axedes drops down on your head and ends up mauling you into the ground. When you lean up a second later, you can see the man staring you in the face with a blank look. What will you do?
Spoiler: Ilthor
Ouch....

Are... are you alive? It feels as if every bone in your body is broken, and you can barely move, but you are faintly growing more and more aware of your consciousness. It's a miracle. Just... yesterday? A few hours ago? Who knows how long you've been unconscious? Anyway, just a short while ago, you were dropped off Axedes. You had escaped the cold, hard cell you were in, and managed to hide in a weapons room. You were pretty resilient, too, and you managed to hold out in that room for a little while. But eventually, it was a five on one fight with you wounded, and you were captured, further tortured for resisting, and hurled off that damned gray rock with your own spear still through your gut. Which reminds you...

Yup... it's still in there. You don't dare pull it out, either to prevent it from hurting you more or to fight with it, because if you bleed any more, you'll probably fall unconscious. You push yourself to the ground sideways as to not move the spear, and manage to reach the ground. You stand on a mountain of solid, brown rock- no, wait, is that a crater on the top? Yeah, it's a volcano. Great. Surrounding it are lush jungles with a river on it that probably leads to a waterfall- water only goes down, not up. You can breathe a lot easier than you could on Axedes, probably because of the altitude, although it's kind of hampered by your wounds. The air is humid, and it smells of fresh, sweet flowers and green plants. When you look above the crater again, you can see a blonde haired girl in a black dress, reaching the volcano with a movement that is an awkward mix of floating and tumbling, a parachute slowing her fall. It looks like she's trying to get away from the volcano. Hopefully she can heal- or at least knows someone who can heal your almost fatal wounds, but that's only if she's your friend, and if she survives. What will you do?
Last edited by Ditto on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

39/48 HP
Items (0/6):

Kinomancy:
[09/10] Sketch [100 AP]

[0/6] Blink [135 AP]

Abilities:
- Ballistics [125 AP]

- Bonecrusher [65 AP]

Stats:
+1 STR
+3 DEX
+1 AGI
-3 END
+3 KNO

Technological Skills:
+2 Combat Tools
+3 Special Tools
+5 Engineering
+0 Medical

Story:

Misc.:
Luke stares at the diseased looking man somewhat blankly. He wanted to reach his hand and help him get up out of courtesy, but looks like he was already up.
"Ehm, sorry about that. Thanks for breaking my fall."
His tone comes off as barely apologetic... Not intentionally. It's the man's face; It's all freaky-looking, very distracting.
"That thing you have... it's not contagious, is it?"
Luke is evermore thankful that he chose to wear his thick coat and leather gloves the day he was captured.
Last edited by Cimeries on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

Ilthor Caiduris, Lv1 [00] Cloudstriker
01/56 HP
14 Atk | 125 Hit | 30 Crt | 50 Avd
base [06 Atk | 115 Hit | 24 Crt | 50 Avd]
MH: Light Silver Spear [08 Atk, 10 Hit, 06 Crt, 2h]
OH: -

Fierce Thrust [4/4]
Swing [2/2]
Disarming Strike [2/2]
Confusing Image [1/1]
Items
-
Skills
Fierce Thrust [x/4] 110 AP
Violently charges at an enemy, Double damage. Halves Ilthor's Avd and block chance for this round.
Swing [x/2] 95 AP
Attacks all enemies for half damage.
Disarming Strike [x/2] 145 AP
Attacks for half damage with whatever weapon he has equipped. A successful hit with this makes the opponent drop their weapon. It takes a full round for them to pick it up, though they of course don't necessary have to pick it up again. A critical hit deals no additional damage, but flings it directly in front of Ilthor, who can pick it up as a minor action. badass! :P
Confusing Image [x/1] 155 AP
Ilthor makes his fingers glow magically and then quickly moves his hands around, leaving an irritatingly glowing pattern in the air. It has a chance of [(120+3KNO)/amount of enemies]% for each enemy to attract their attention, incapacitating them for [KNO] turns. On a single target, the chance caps at [80+2KNO]%.
Curr. chance:[126/enemy amount]%
Chance for single target: 84%

Abilities

Stats
STR +1
DEX +3
AGI +0
END -1
KNO +2

Tech
Combat Tools +2
Special Tools +4
Engineering +3
Medical +1

Story
Ilthor is a member of the Dairugin, a ...sort of nomadic tribe which is used to travel through the lands with airships, exploring the world and adventuring. The Dairugin are the descendants of Axedian scientists who left the city hundreds of years ago, before Axedes was separated from the mainland, to enjoy freedom and to see the far corners of the world.

[Storm or assault, escaped from the burning airship with a glider, crashlanded on Axedes, blah...]

Of course, as a stranger he knows the truth about the world's situation, and he decided to inform the population of Axedes. He lived a hidden life somewhere deep inside the town, until one day, he was captured by soldiers, and as a threat to the masters of Axedes, he is about to be executed...

starting AP: 510
spare AP: 5
"I'm... still alive? Didn't hope I would survive this fall..."
He tried to slightly straighten up to look around, but his wounds hurt too much. He coughed up some blood and fell down again.
He addressed the falling girl. She didn't seem to have noticed him, but he wanted to take any opportunity to have the pain stopped.
"Hello... are you a rebel too? Or were you sent after me?
Please... try to somehow heal my wounds once you are down here. Sadly, right now I can't help you avoiding the volcano... ack..."

If the girl was hostile, he had no chance.
She didn't look cruel or fanatic at all, but in the floating city, he learned about how much of Axedes was actually deceiving.
Is almost dead considered "normal condition" now? :o

Also, it's interesting how often my characters beg for being healed.
MEDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC! MEDIIIIIIIIIC!!...

PS:
cyan is damn hard to read. I gotta find something better which is still sufficiently distinct from Cimeries' color.[/color]
Shade

Post by Shade »

Tessa, Lv1 [00] (Middle)
49/72 HP
Black Dress
Items (0/3):
- None

Spells:
[0/4] Magic Missile [120 AP]

[2/2] Stardust [120 AP]

Abilities:

Stats:
-2 STR
-4 DEX
+5 AGI
+3 END
+3 KNO

Technological Skills:
+0 Combat Tools
+3 Special Tools
+2 Engineering
+5 Medical

Story:

Misc.:

Abilities:
- Concentration [150 AP]
[/spoiler]

The parachute seems to fulfill its purpose - but unfortunitally, Tessa is going to fall right into the crater at this rate. Not knowing what else she could do to avoid landing inside, she puts all of her force into her last remaining Magic Missile spell and tries to utilize the recoil from a fully charged missile to propel herself to safety.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Travis, level 1 [0]
Infected Deceiver

HP: 60/60

Backstab: 1/1
Main Hand: Curved Dagger (5 Atk, 0 Hit, 5 Crt)
Off Hand: Mutated Claws (4 Atk, 10 Hit, 0 Crt)
07/06 Atk | 100 Hit | 30 Crt | 65 Avd
Spoiler: Inventory and Status
Items (0)
-

Skills
Backstab [1/1]: While Travis is behind enemy lines, he can make a targetted strike on an enemy (putting him back in his own Front afterwards). It always hits, dealing x2 regular damage. There is a 1 in 6 chance that this attack hits a vital point and OHKOs non-boss enemies. Use of this skill restores after every battle. [150 AP]

Abilities
Worthless: Travis is really nothing special down on Earth, and he can move around without drawing any particular attention. If he starts a battle in Cover, he can, once a battle, move through to the enemy lines without being attacked by anything but whole-party attacks, over three turns. when he's back there, he has no penalties or range limitations for attacking enemies in any row. [125 AP]

Dual Wield: Travis can attack with two one-handed weapons at once. [125 AP]

Stats
STR: -3
DEX: +5
AGI: +3
END: +0
INT: 0

Tech Skills
Weapons: 5
Special: 0
Machine: 0
Medical: 5

Info
AP: 50

Story
Travis didn't make it into the grand floating city when it took off, and he was left without anything to go back to because he'd given everything for his chance at getting away from the hell of an Earth he was on. Eventually resolving that his life was still worth fighting for, he managed to survive well enough, until he contracted a largely unheard of (and not overly contagious) infection. It deteriorated his body and mind, but he was still a human being and it was not going to kill him. Since the city in the sky wasn't ever going to find him and make him a cure, he decided this was how it was going to be. He doesn't know how to use all that fancy runestone machine magic, preferring physical prowess instead.
"Oh, ahem, greetings." Travis drawls in a gravelly tone. The years of being half-dead have changed him much for the worse.
"Not every day someone from the land in the sky lands on your face... oh, yes. It's not contagious, at least, for now. Who knows how it's going to mutate next, I always say."
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Image 01/56 | Image Lvl 1, 0/100 | Front | Normal Condition | Ilthor Calduris (Octagon)
Image 50/60 | Image Lvl 1, 0/100 | Middle | Normal Condition | Travis (AoD)
Spoiler: Travis and Luke
You continue talking... but something seems wrong. Something about the ground where you landed... it almost seems unsafe. Any spot where one person would fall directly on top of another person miles above can't be quite right.
Spoiler: Tessa
Yes... The force of the missle pushes you away from the crater, and you fall safely to the ground. Even brown, gravely rock feels good when you haven't been standing for a while. Looking around, however, you see someone else isn't feeling so good. A man stands on the volcano around ten yards away from you, with a spear- perhaps his own spear- sticking through his gut. A few of his bones look broken, and he's got scrapes all across his skin. It looks like if that spear were to get pulled out, he would be quite dead within a few seconds. What will you do?
Spoiler: Ilthor
Thank everything good there still is, the girl lands around ten yards away from you. A little bit of gravel rattles into your wounds as she lands, which doesn't really make you feel much better. You don't know if she's an ally or not, and she looks like she comes from Axedes. Will you trust her, or will you take your chances trying to escape however you can?