[RPG] Exile from Axedes (Discussion Thread)

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Ditto
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)

Post by Ditto »

Gold: 0
Runestones: 0

=======================================================
Image 72/72 | Image Lvl 1, 0/100 | Middle | Normal Condition | Tessa (Clonkinator)
Image 48/48 | Image Lvl 1, 0/100 | Front | Normal Condition, 0 Momentum | Lucius Fern (Cimeries)
=======================================================

Alright.
Last edited by Ditto on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 11 times in total.
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Also, difficulty wise, do you want easy or hard?

Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

I'll take hard mode. :?
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Hard mode? Poor tessa. Poor, poor, tessa.

Shade

Post by Shade »

Ditto wrote:Hard mode? Poor tessa. Poor, poor, tessa.
Bring it! I'm prepared for anything you could possibly throw at me. :?
Unless I have to play this alone. AoD, move your ass over here and join! :P
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Pah, brash young grasshopper, you have no measly idea what awaits you in the deadly "Hard Mode."

Anyway, if no one joins by the time I get home from school tommorow, I think I might just start it, one player or not. The way the story of my PnP works, its easy for me to add in a player at any time, just drop 'em down from Axedes so they go splat survive the fall somehow and meet the rest of the players.

Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

I will play some time after I adjust to the real world again. I just had to completely re-learn what a bath was, you see.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Shade

Post by Shade »

Ditto wrote:Pah, brash young grasshopper, you have no measly idea what awaits you in the deadly "Hard Mode."
You can offer me whatever difficulties you want, I'll always take the hardest. Hard? Taken. Maniac? Taken. Lunatic? Taken. Unknown? Taken. GWTWOD? Taken. reallyjoel's dad mode? Totally taken! :teach:

@AoD: ...what. xD
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Eh, how soon is that? A day? A week? A month? A year?

Whatever. Don't make this into "mageparty," please.

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Lucius Fern, Lv1 [00] (Front)
48/48 HP / Moment: 0
9 Atk | 120 Hit | 29 Crt | 60 Avd
Morningstar (7 Atk, -10 Hit, 5 Crt, 1h)
Rugged Suit (3 Armor)
Spoiler: Inventory & Status
Items (0/6):

Kinomancy:
[10/10] Sketch [??? AP]
Luke can create and dismiss at will magical visual illustrations, graphs, charts and so forth of any concept or idea that he is familiar with.
When used while devising a course of action for a task (such as planning a route through enemy territory, or discussing how to engage the enemy), successful completion of the task will award (Knowledge x 10) percent more exp than it would otherwise.

[6/6] Blink [??? AP]
Luke can cover short distances of about 15 meters in an instant so long that they are visible to him. In combat, Luke can expand two uses to attack anyone in any row as if they were both at the front for the duration of the attack, and instantly return to his place.
Blinking is considered a free action.

[2/2] Ripple [??? AP]
If this attack hits its target, all of the other enemies take half of the damage it caused directly (bypassing armor and evasion).

Abilities:
- Ballistics [??? AP]
Luke adds his Knowledge modifier to weapon Atk when fighting with physical weapons (things like energy or magic weapons are excluded).

- Momentum [??? AP]
Every consecutive that Luke scores increases his Atk by one for the remainder of the fight. This resets when combat is over.

Stats:
+1 STR
+3 DEX
+1 AGI
-3 END
+3 KNO

Technological Skills:
+2 Combat Tools
+3 Special Tools
+5 Engineering
+0 Medical

Story:
Gifted with a moderate amount of magic, Luke was what is commonly referred to in Axedes as an "arcane scientist", one who studies both science and magic and the relationship between them. Particularly, Luke's area of expertise is Physics and Motion, and the way Magic can alter and obscure its laws.

Becoming bored of his daily routine he decided that he wanted to leave Axedes and study the rest of the world, only to end up accidentally uncovering a massive conspiracy plot and being exiled.
He got what he wanted, it's just that he got too much of it, It seems that he will have the chance to observe first hand the interaction between the earth, gravity and his poor brittle frame.

Luke strives to appear calm and calculated, but he has a very short temper and tends to act before he thinks things through properly, and trouble seems to follow him whenever he goes. He has a black morningstar silhouette, about the size of his index finger, tattooed on the back of his right hand.

Misc.:
AP left: 0
I know what I said earlier today, disregard that. :cookie: if you can figure out how I got the name.
:wink:
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

I got the feeling you would join this by the end of the day. :P

First of all, unless thats a joke that my horrible sense of humor can't understand, there is no armor in this game, neither equipment or a stat, other than shields held in the off hand. Secondly, that weapon should be reduced down to 6 attack, and a one handed weapon without any skill or something is a pretty big disadvantage, so you might want to take a shield or a two handed weapon or even dual wielding or something.

Sketch: 100 AP if you mean for the party and not just you. I won't allow it just for yourself, you'll progress too far ahead of the group, and that's not very fair.

Blink: So, this essentially lets you attack twice in one turn with one attack being against any row? 130 AP, would be less if not for utility.

Ripple: There is no armor in this PnP, so I'll just ignore that. 120 AP.

Ballistics: 125 AP, because this is pretty useless with advanced weapons which are primarily energy and magic weapons.

Momentum: 150 AP, assuming you mean every consecutive hit.

Sorry if I was at all jerky, sometimes I do it without intending to.

Also, what's your talking color? I intend to use it in the status log. And I get the feeling I don't even need to ask whether or not you will choose hard difficulty, so I'm just going to say you picked it for now.

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Hardest difficulty for me please.
Ditto wrote:First of all, unless thats a joke that my horrible sense of humor can't understand, there is no armor in this game, neither equipment or a stat, other than shields held in the off hand. Secondly, that weapon should be reduced down to 6 attack, and a one handed weapon without any skill or something is a pretty big disadvantage, so you might want to take a shield or a two handed weapon or even dual wielding or something.
Ditto wrote:While your character's "armor" just represents a portion of your HP and doesn't change
So what does this all mean then?
Ditto wrote:Sketch: 100 AP if you mean for the party and not just you. I won't allow it just for yourself, you'll progress too far ahead of the group, and that's not very fair.
Ah yes, I meant for everyone, of course. I took this mostly as a flavor skill, but I wanted it to have some practical use too.
Ditto wrote:Blink: So, this essentially lets you attack twice in one turn with one attack being against any row? 130 AP, would be less if not for utility.
What if I made both of the blinks together count as a minor action?
Ditto wrote:Ballistics: 125 AP, because this is pretty useless with advanced weapons which are primarily energy and magic weapons.
Taken.
Ditto wrote:Momentum: 150 AP, assuming you mean every consecutive hit.
I actually meant "Every hit". I seem to have deleted the wrong part of the sentence when editing. xD
Too much? What if it had an upper limit of [Level]x2?

How much for: Bonecrusher: One-handed weapons have twice their standard attack in the hands of Luke. 1.5 instead if he holds a shield.

Sorry dude, I'm sticking to the morningstar. Flava.

Oh yes, and my talking color will be Yet another unexplainable shade of blue, same as always.

48/48 HP / Moment: 0
10 Atk | 130 Hit | 29 Crt | 60 Avd
Morningstar (6 Atk, 0 Hit, 5 Crt, 1h)
Plank with a face painted on it (?)
Items (0/6):

Kinomancy:
[10/10] Sketch [100 AP]
Luke can create and dismiss at will magical visual illustrations, graphs, charts and so forth of any concept or idea that he is familiar with.
When used while devising a course of action for a task (such as planning a route through enemy territory, or discussing how to engage the enemy), successful completion of the task will award (Knowledge x 10) percent more exp than it would otherwise (for everyone nearby). Currently exp will be scaled to 130%.

[6/6] Blink [??? AP]
Luke can cover short distances of about 15 meters in an instant so long that they are visible to him. In combat, Luke can expand two uses to attack anyone in any row as if they were both at the front for the duration of the attack, and instantly return to his place.
Blinking in itself is considered a free action.
Two consecutive blinks (for attacking purposes) are a minor action.

Abilities:
- Ballistics [125 AP]
Luke adds his Knowledge modifier to weapon Atk when fighting with physical weapons (things like energy or magic weapons are excluded). Currently 3.

- Momentum [??? AP]
Every hit that Luke scores increases his Atk by one for the remainder of the fight. This resets when combat is over.

Stats:
+1 STR
+3 DEX
+1 AGI
-3 END
+3 KNO

Technological Skills:
+2 Combat Tools
+3 Special Tools
+5 Engineering
+0 Medical

Story:
Gifted with a moderate amount of magic, Luke was what is commonly referred to in Axedes as an "arcane scientist", one who studies both science and magic and the relationship between them. Particularly, Luke's area of expertise is Physics and Motion, and the way Magic can alter and obscure its laws.

Becoming bored of his daily routine he decided that he wanted to leave Axedes and study the rest of the world, only to end up accidentally uncovering a massive conspiracy plot and being exiled.
He got what he wanted, it's just that he got too much of it, It seems that he will have the chance to observe first hand the interaction between the earth, gravity and his poor brittle frame.

Luke strives to appear calm and calculated, but he has a very short temper and tends to act before he thinks things through properly, and trouble seems to follow him whenever he goes. He has a black morningstar silhouette, about the size of his index finger, tattooed on the back of his right hand.

Misc.:
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Eh, armor is kind of symbolic, there is no armor, but you can kind of say that if you lose HP, your armor is being damaged. You never get or change armor or armor rating. I guess that wasn't very clear. :oops:

Blink: You mean two blinks in a major action and a normal action? 250 AP, sorry, but that's a little much.

Momentum: Every hit: Yup. Nope.

Levelx2: 150 AP.

Bonecrusher: 125 AP. Shield thing bumps it up a lot.

Also, for the weapon, I meant 6 attack and 5 crt with -10 hit.

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

So armor is strictly for roleplaying, gotcha.

I'll pass on momentum for now, maybe I'll take it later.
Ditto wrote: Blink: You mean two blinks in a major action and a normal action? 250 AP, sorry, but that's a little much.
Eh... what?
Let's stop taking turns confusing each other. xP

Here's the general idea: As a utility movement thingey, using blink costs one use.
If I combine it with an attack, I can attack anything as if me and my target were both at the front, but then it costs me 2 charges (since I'm blinking back and forth). This uses up a major action (the attack itself) and also a minor action on top of that (essentially, doing 2 blinks in a row takes long enough for them to be considered "time consuming").
Doing just one blink for movement purposes (like switching from front to cover instantly) does not consume "time", only skill uses.

I think this is entirely reasonable and worth less than 250 AP, and thus deduce that you've misunderstood me. Correct me if I'm mistaken.
Cheerio.

I noticed that we get 2 major actions per turn now, does that mean that if I do nothing else I can normally attack twice in a row?
Ditto wrote:Bonecrusher: 125 AP. Shield thing bumps it up a lot.
What if I only got the bonus with a free hand? What if the Crt bonus was also affected?

48/48 HP[/size]
10 Atk | 120 Hit | 29 Crt | 60 Avd
Morningstar (6 Atk, -10 Hit, 5 Crt, 1h)
Items (0/6):

Kinomancy:
[10/10] Sketch [100 AP]
When used while devising a course of action for a task (such as planning a route through enemy territory, or discussing how to engage the enemy), successful completion of the task will award (Knowledge x 10) percent more exp than it would otherwise (for everyone nearby). Currently exp will be scaled to 130%.

[6/6] Blink [??? AP]
Blinking in itself is considered a free action.
Blinking as a combination with an attack uses one Major and one Minor action.

Abilities:
- Ballistics [125 AP]
Luke adds his Knowledge modifier to weapon Atk when fighting with physical weapons (things like energy or magic weapons are excluded). Currently 3.

Stats:
+1 STR
+3 DEX
+1 AGI
-3 END
+3 KNO

Technological Skills:
+2 Combat Tools
+3 Special Tools
+5 Engineering
+0 Medical

Story:

Misc.:
Shade

Post by Shade »

Ditto, did you change the Hit/Avd formula for Dex and Agi now, or did you not? Your opening post still lists the old formulas despite the fact that you told me that you halved their impact. If you didn't change them after all, I want my 100 Avd back. :/