[RPG] Exile from Axedes (Discussion Thread)

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

octagon wrote:Me is joining. :D
HOLY-- ...awesome!

@Ditto: I know that. It still came off extremely random to me. But maybe that's just because I'm not easy to surprise. :?
Ditto
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)

Post by Ditto »

Clonkinator wrote:
HOLY-- ...awesome!
Clonkinator wrote: @Ditto: I know that. It still came off extremely random to me. But maybe that's just because I'm not easy to surprise. :?
*ahem*
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Travis, level 1 [0]
Infected Deceiver

HP: 48/48

Backstab: 1/1
Main Hand: Curved Dagger (3 Atk, 0 Hit, 5 Crt)
Off Hand: Mutated Claws (2 Atk, 10 Hit, 0 Crt)
03/02 Atk | 100 Hit | 30 Crt | 65 Avd
Spoiler: Inventory and Status
Items (?)
-

Skills
Backstab [1/1]: While Travis is behind enemy lines, he can make a targetted strike on an enemy (putting him back in his own Front afterwards). It always hits, dealing x3 regular damage. There is a 1 in 6 chance that this attack hits a vital point and deals x12 damage instead of x3. Use of this skill restores after every battle.
Target Shot [4/4]: Travis takes a stab at a specific part of the enemy for a +10 damage boost.

Abilities
Worthless: Travis is really nothing special down on Earth, and he can move around without drawing any particular attention. If he starts a battle in Cover, he can, once a battle, move through to the enemy lines without being attacked by anything but whole-party attacks, over three turns. when he's back there, he has no penalties or range limitations for attacking enemies in any row.

Stats
STR: -5
DEX: +5
AGI: +3
END: -3
INT: 0

Tech Skills
Weapons: 5
Special: 0
Machine: 0
Medical: 5

Info
AP: 450

Story
Travis didn't make it into the grand floating city when it took off, and he was left without anything to go back to because he'd given everything for his chance at getting away from the hell of an Earth he was on. Eventually resolving that his life was still worth fighting for, he managed to survive well enough, until he contracted a largely unheard of (and not overly contagious) infection. It deteriorated his body and mind, but he was still a human being and it was not going to kill him. Since the city in the sky wasn't ever going to find him and make him a cure, he decided this was how it was going to be. He doesn't know how to use all that fancy runestone machine magic, preferring physical prowess instead.
Here we go, I should be right, although more skills may be necessary.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Shade

Post by Shade »

Ditto wrote:
Clonkinator wrote:
HOLY-- ...awesome!
Clonkinator wrote: @Ditto: I know that. It still came off extremely random to me. But maybe that's just because I'm not easy to surprise. :?
*ahem*
"Not easy" is not the same as "impossible". :?
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

One handed katana = katana
Two handed katana = tsurugi
Or else else NetHack fails history forever.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Dude. AoD. 03/02 Atk is way too little to seriously hurt anything. You should take an ability or something that gives you bonus damage under certain conditions, at least.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Perhaps, but there are no two handed daggers.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Didn't say you should take two-handed weapons, but you should probably either increase your strength at least a little, or, as I said, take an ability that boosts your damage under certain conditions. Like, you deal 3 more damage per hit if you hit an enemy that hasn't hit you yet or somerthing.
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Alright. First of all, you'll need a dual wielding skill, I'll give you that for 125 AP.

Secondly, while your character might be right, he won't survive for a second, even with target shot, unless he uses runestone magic (which is kind of funny since he prefers physical prowess to it.) You could easily boost those weapons both up by two damage points. Either way, sorry, but with a -5 strength modifier, even mages staffbonking enemies will be able to do as much damage as you. Sorry for being mean. Besides, you're five points short in stats anyway, so there's no point in not throwing those all into strength.

Backstab: 150 AP if you set it to x2 damage with dagger and claws and change the 1 in 6 chance to deal x12 damage to a OHKO on non bosses, since x12 damage should essentially kill anything.

Targeted Strike: 125 AP.

Worthless: 125 AP.
Last edited by Ditto on Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

/me likes where this plot is going.
:wink:
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

It'll be going to you falling and hitting the ground badly injured if you don't watch out. :twisted:

Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Travis, level 1 [0]
Infected Deceiver

HP: 60/60

Backstab: 1/1
Main Hand: Curved Dagger (5 Atk, 0 Hit, 5 Crt)
Off Hand: Mutated Claws (4 Atk, 10 Hit, 0 Crt)
07/06 Atk | 100 Hit | 30 Crt | 65 Avd
Spoiler: Inventory and Status
Items (0)
-

Skills
Backstab [1/1]: While Travis is behind enemy lines, he can make a targetted strike on an enemy (putting him back in his own Front afterwards). It always hits, dealing x2 regular damage. There is a 1 in 6 chance that this attack hits a vital point and OHKOs non-boss enemies. Use of this skill restores after every battle. [150 AP]

Abilities
Worthless: Travis is really nothing special down on Earth, and he can move around without drawing any particular attention. If he starts a battle in Cover, he can, once a battle, move through to the enemy lines without being attacked by anything but whole-party attacks, over three turns. when he's back there, he has no penalties or range limitations for attacking enemies in any row. [125 AP]

Dual Wield: Travis can attack with two one-handed weapons at once. [125 AP]

Stats
STR: -3
DEX: +5
AGI: +3
END: +0
INT: 0

Tech Skills
Weapons: 5
Special: 0
Machine: 0
Medical: 5

Info
AP: 50

Story
Travis didn't make it into the grand floating city when it took off, and he was left without anything to go back to because he'd given everything for his chance at getting away from the hell of an Earth he was on. Eventually resolving that his life was still worth fighting for, he managed to survive well enough, until he contracted a largely unheard of (and not overly contagious) infection. It deteriorated his body and mind, but he was still a human being and it was not going to kill him. Since the city in the sky wasn't ever going to find him and make him a cure, he decided this was how it was going to be. He doesn't know how to use all that fancy runestone machine magic, preferring physical prowess instead.
I believe I'm good to go, then. Unless I got something wrong.
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Tsk. Fine, you can go, but I'm not going easy on you for your bad strength.

EDIT: Oh wait, you have 125/135 hit.
Last edited by Ditto on Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I don't think it was going to be ridiculously easy in the first place. At least he should be fun to play. "I'm like a zombie, if I try to carry that sword for you, my arm will fall off."
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

Aranym was awesome. I hate Aranym2. But I'm just mean, so don't pay attention to me.
I understand how copycat characters get boring and stuff for everyone. But well... this bloke isn't exactly Aranym II. He is much pluckier and everything. Clearly Chaotic Good instead of a Chaotic way of being strugglingly Lawful/Neutral/Stupid Good. He's more of a stereotypical inexperienced but nice "light steampunk" protagonist... compare Pazu, possibly. Time will tell...

It was just extremely tiring to play Aranym.

He rather says "Let's get out of here quickly" instead of "Time has come for us to leave.
I'm sorry for what happened to the guards. They were just innocent bystanders, at the wrong place at the wrong time..."

Ilthor Caiduris, Lv1 [00] Cloudstriker

56/56 HP

14 Atk | 125 Hit | 30 Crt | 50 Avd
base [06 Atk | 115 Hit | 24 Crt | 50 Avd]
MH: Light Silver Spear [08 Atk, 10 Hit, 06 Crt, 2h]
OH: -

Fierce Thrust [4/4]
Swing [2/2]
Disarming Strike [2/2]
Confusing Image [1/1]

Items
-
Skills
Fierce Thrust [x/4] 110 AP
Violently charges at an enemy, Double damage. Halves Ilthor's Avd and block chance for this round,
Swing [x/2] 95 AP
Attacks all enemies for half damage.
Disarming Strike [x/2] 145 AP
Attacks for half damage with whatever weapon he has equipped. A successful hit with this makes the opponent drop their weapon. It takes a full round for them to pick it up, though they of course don't necessary have to pick it up again. A critical hit deals no additional damage, but flings it directly in front of Ilthor, who can pick it up as a minor action. badass! :P
Confusing Image [x/1] 140 AP
Ilthor makes his fingers glow magically and then quickly moves his hands around, leaving an irritatingly glowing pattern in the air. It has a chance of [(80+3KNO)/amount of enemies]% for each enemy to attract their attention, incapacitating them for [KNO] turns.
Curr. chance:[86/enemy amount %]

Abilities

Stats
STR +1
DEX +3
AGI +0
END -1
KNO +2

Tech
Combat Tools +2
Special Tools +4
Engineering +3
Medical +1

Story
Ilthor is a member of the Dairugin, a ...sort of nomadic tribe which is used to travel through the lands with airships, exploring the world and adventuring. The Dairugin are the descendants of Axedian scientists who left the city hundreds of years ago, before Axedes was separated from the mainland, to enjoy freedom and to see the far corners of the world.

[Storm or assault, escaped from the burning airship with a glider, crashlanded on Axedes, blah...]

Of course, as a stranger he knows the truth about the world's situation, and he decided to inform the population of Axedes. He lived a hidden life somewhere deep inside the town, until one day, he was captured by soldiers, and as a threat to the masters of Axedes, he is about to be executed...

starting AP: 510
spare AP: 20
I simulated Confusing Image with my calc, and it is a bit too unreliable.
How about a chance of 120+4 KNO which caps at [80+2KNO] for a single target?