[PnP] Seeds of Light (ded)

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

Screw this. Instead of coming up with a new character, I'll simply re-use one that definitely didn't get enough play time.

Shade, Lv1 [00] (Front)
17/17 HP
08/08 MP
+3 Hit | Dmg 4 to 9
AC 20 | MR 08

Rapier (Dmg: 1d6 +1, +1 Hit)
Red Coat (AC 3, MR 1)
Spoiler: Inventory & Status
Items (0/7):
- None

Skills:
[x MP] Sword Rain [?? AP]
[Base: Limit 1]
[Curr: Limit 3]
Shade falls into a frenzy and keeps attacking with regular attacks until he misses x times, where x cannot exceed [1 + DEX/2]. If he KOs his target before having missed x times, a new (reachable) target to attack is chosen at random.

Spells:
[2 MP] Healing Stream [?? AP]
[Base: 10 HP / 5 HP]
[Curr: 13 HP / 6 HP]
Focuses the curative power of the earth on an ally, healing it by [10 + INT] HP. Can also be aimed at the entire party, but only heals each target by [5 + INT/2] HP when doing so.

[3 MP] Spark Wave [?? AP]
[Base: 1 to 6 Dmg]
[Curr: 4 to 9 Dmg]
Hits all enemies with lightning for [1d6 +INT] damage, possibly also paralyzing them for 2 turns (25% chance per target).

Abilities:
- Counter [?? AP]
Shade is very skilled at fencing, knowing how to utilize every single chance to attack. If he successfully dodges a melee attack, he instantly counter-attacks with a melee attack of his own.

Traits:
- Swift [?? AP]
Shade is very agile and perceptive, making it rather easy for him to anticipate attacks and dodge them. Adds +2 to AC.

Stats:
+2 STR
+5 DEX
-2 CON
+3 INT
-3 WIS

Story:
Shade has a kinda rough past to show. Not only did he have a difficult childhood, but he also just recently made his way out of Deucce Baaj's dungeon after having worked there for several years - he eventually quit because of the horrid payment, and being one of the bad guys ain't cool anyway.
Now, having joined the good guys, he helps fight off Galeth's troops - as long as the payment is good enough. And who knows? He succeeded at quitting to work for an evil overlord before, a dude that supposedly by far surpasses him in power. Maybe he could just stomp that Galeth guy while he's at it and bring peace to the world that way?

Shade is a tall man in his early twenties. He used to be overly cynic and grumpy at times, but that's kinda to be expected if you're discontent with your employer. If he is in a good temper, however - which is now much more common than it was when he was still working for Deucce Baaj - he's actually a pretty nice and trustable guy, if somewhat arrogant.

Misc.:
AP left: 500
I'll stomp that Galeth guy so bad he won't even know what hit him.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Posting from school right now, so I can't give you your AP costs right away - cool characters, but Ditto, your stats add up to +15.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Shade

Post by Shade »

Ditto wrote:Can someone explain to me around how strong bows should be?
A common shortbow does 1d6 damage, a common longbow does 1d8 damage. Arrows sometimes give small Hit or Dmg boni, but usually don't do anything other than to supply your bow with ammo.
Ditto
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)

Post by Ditto »

Yeah, I bought stats. Are we not allowed to do that anymore? If so, I'll have to revamp my stuff a little.
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/
Shade

Post by Shade »

I told you, 10 AP per stat point is nonsense. :?
It should be at least 100 AP per point.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Bought stats? I didn't see the ability for it.
And yeah, I'm changing the cost to 100 AP and instead letting you have one point free on a level up.

Ha, I'm even posting during German. Funny that! :P
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

I have to say, I think this is the most awesome character concept ever.

Tali, Lvl 1 Warrior Scribe [0/100] (Front)
Image HP: 25/25
Image AP: 500
Weapon: Unarmed (1d3, +0 Hit, x2)
Armor: Scribe's Garb (00 AC)
[+6 Hit] [7-10 Atk] [x2]
[16 AC] [16 MR]
Inscriptions (10/10):
- Scroll of Fire Blast [2 SP]: Deals 12 Damage to an enemy. (On Attack)
Spoiler: Inventory and Status
Items (0/7):
-Magic Pen

Scrolls:
-Scroll Paper [20]

Abilities:
-Magnetic Force-
The magical energy surrounding Tali pulls attacks away from people next to her and towards her. Tali can protect one ally next to her (generally being in the same row works), redirecting all attacks aimed at them towards Tali. This lasts until Tali falls in battle or until she stops guarding the ally.

-Martial Arts-
Tali cannot wear armor or wield weapons due to interference with her inscriptions, and has mastered unarmed combat instead, allowing her to attack unarmed two times in a turn, and boosting her attack damage and hit bonus by [Lvl]. She can also avoid attacks better due to the lack of heavy armor, increasing her AC and MR by [Lvl].

-Self-Inscription-
Tali's body is inscribed with many different patterns taken from scrolls to give her power in battle. Tali can have up to [Wis] inscriptions at a time of three different types: on attack, when attacked, and on combat turn. Inscribing Tali with a scroll will use up the scroll, although it can be done by anyone. A scroll inscribed as "on attack" has a 5% chance to activate whenever Tali attacks, casting at the attacked enemy or, if the enemy is dead, a random enemy (offensive scrolls) or a random ally (support scrolls.) A scroll inscribed as "when attacked" has a 5% chance to activate whenever Tali is attacked, casting on the attacker (offensive scrolls) or a random ally (support scrolls.) A scroll inscribed as "on combat turn" has a 10% chance to activate on any turn that Tali is conscious, either on a random enemy (offensive scrolls) or a random ally (support scrolls.) Tali's allies can also inscribe her with spells rather than scrolls, at the cost of the spells cost. Tali cannot be scribed by a group of scrolls that would cost more than [WisxLvl]] MP to cast if they were normal spells (or do cost more than [Wisx5] MP to cast if they are normal spells.) Inscriptions can be changed at any time, destroying the previous inscription that is replaced. Scrolls will use Tali's strength modifier when determining hit chance instead of intelligence. If one spell is inscribed repeatedly, the chance of activation can just be added (two 5% inscriptions become one 10% inscription, etc.)

-Preparation-
All supportive inscriptions are activated at the start of each battle.

-Scroll Carrier-
Scrolls will not take up space in Tali's inventory.

-Wards of Resilience-
Tali cannot be brought below 1 HP unless already at 1 HP.

Stats:
Strength: +5
Dexterity: +5
Constitution: -5
Intelligence: -5
Wisdom: +5

Story:
Tali was once a follower of the great kingdoms, practicing as a scribe for the king and mastering the arts of unarmed combat as a monk. But she was never happy, because being a scribe bored her after a while, and she loved fighting- but she was vastly superior when it came to inscription, and although she was talented at unarmed combat, she was pushed down for being a girl, unlike most of the kingdoms monks. One day, Tali realized something- she could use her abilities of inscription to inscribe herself, allowing her superior skills in combat and making her far stronger than the other monks around her.

But Tali was never happy, and tried and tried and tried to gain more power for herself until she was at the limit of her ability to inscribe herself. Despite being vastly superior in skill to most people surrounding her, Tali wanted more power, and turned to the powerful evil sorcerer Galeth to enchant her with spells even further, making her even stronger than before. Galeth saw this as an oppurtunity to use her as a vessel of power, a deadly weapon, and overloaded her with enough power that she temporarily lost the ability to use her mind, rendering her incredibly powerful, but with almost no control over her own actions, and temporarily rendering her immortal.

It has been many years, but Tali is still as young and deadly as she used to be. She has little control over her actions, and her mind trapped in her body wants revenge against Galeth, but she has little way of escape. Maybe if someone can defeat her in battle without killing her, the runes can be broken, however, and she can escape Galeth's control to overthrow him.
Yes, Tali is going to be fighting Shade and all his buds at first.
Last edited by Ditto on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Shade

Post by Shade »

...I was going to taunt you at first like I usually do, but then I realized that Tali is actually capable of stomping me pretty bad. I'm totally not gonna take you on without stocking up on buddies first. :?
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

By the way, can my inscriptions be moderately OP at the start if a couple more people join? I need sweet powas for extra stompage if I'm gonna start as a bad guy, you could always get rid of them once I get beaten up.

EDIT: And clonks, you should pick up a bow. Don't let that +5 DEX go to waste like I am by going with a skill that makes me unable to use weapons.

EDITEDIT: And nagging you further, using a one handed weapon kinda cripples your damage with this kind of ruleset, doesn't it? Why not do something like:

Doublehand: When wielding one handed melee weapons without anything in the off hand, the damage that comes from the weapon (strength not included) is doubled.

I imagine this kind of thing would be cheap since it doesn't make you deal more damage than you would with a 2h.

Nagging over.

penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

Odd.
Also, I had an idea since I'm too lazy to make a character and play but I kinda want to do stuff that I could be an object like the Happy Circlet. XD lol
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Eh, if you're really that lazy, you could always play as Tal. Of course, you would have to be a weird messed up elf/d'warf healer guy.

penguinflyer2222

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

Nah. I don't really have time anyway, kinda.
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Kindasortamaybe?

Shade

Post by Shade »

Ditto wrote:EDIT: And clonks, you should pick up a bow. Don't let that +5 DEX go to waste like I am by going with a skill that makes me unable to use weapons.
I may pick one up later on, but always starting out with those things is lame. Even so, it still raises my AC and improves Sword Rain, so I don't think it's wasted at all.
Ditto wrote:EDITEDIT: And nagging you further, using a one handed weapon kinda cripples your damage with this kind of ruleset, doesn't it? Why not do something like:

Doublehand: When wielding one handed melee weapons without anything in the off hand, the damage that comes from the weapon (strength not included) is doubled.

I imagine this kind of thing would be cheap since it doesn't make you deal more damage than you would with a 2h.
From a gameplay perspective, you're absolutely right, I'd be better off taking a two-handed weapon or at least a shield in addition. But... that just ain't Shade's style. I may think of an ability that makes use of this fact later on.

Returning the favor... Your ability says that you can't have the same spell inscripted multiple times. Then why do you have the same scroll inscripted five times? :?
Also, wtf @ 20 damage for 2 SP
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Ah right, I was gonna remove that.

Flame lance was only 2 SP, and that only did 3 less damage with a big side effect. And that was only 140 AP.