[PnP] Seeds of Light (ded)

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

[PnP] Seeds of Light (ded)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Story
The world is in ruins due to the evil sorcerer Galeth attaining godhood through the Staff of Ahriman’s power. Fields are no longer fertile, mountains hold nothing but ravenous hungry beasts and the forests are populated by dead or dying trees. When it seems that all hope for humanity is lost, and Galeth will have the realm for himself, you stumble across a ruined library – it was the oldest one in the land before Galeth ruled – with the intention of finding out if there is any way he can possibly be stopped before it is too late. The people of the world are starving in the streets, and pestilence reigns throughout what is left of the cities. You are the last hope, and should your attempts fail, there will be no saving us…

Rules
1. If a player's HP drop to 0 or lower, he faints.
2. XP is awarded for many things. Advancing to the next level always takes 100 XP.
3. You may carry up to 7 items in your inventory. Most of these can be stacked.
4. If you want to say anything out of character, use olive as a colour please.
5. You may try to do whatever you imagine you want to do. If you want to try to climb a wall in order to look at the whole thing from above, do it. If you encounter a pool full of sharks and want to jump over it, try it! Nobody ensures that it will be successful though...
6. Whenever I post I'll post a "summary" that indicates the current and max HP, MP and Lvl of each character and enemy (if there are any) as well as the result of your last actions. You may only do one action, e.g. attack someone, at a time. After having done an action, you'll have to wait for my next post. Saying something or talking to someone doesn't count as an action though. Also, if you do something in order to do something else, e.g. you light your torch to see what is around, or you throw something at your enemies to run surprise them and run away, it also only counts as one action, not as two.
7. When levelling up, you gain 1D6+Power HP, 1D6+Intelligence MP and may upgrade one of your skills or learn a new one. I will decide the AP costs for that.
8. If things get risky, you may try to escape. In that case, every conscious party member gets a check. Those are all added together, with unconscious heroes being +0. Then the remaining enemies all get a check (bosses may get high bonuses here), also being added together. Then party vs. enemies is checked. If party is higher, the escape is successful.
9. There are two possible positions for battles. You can choose between either *front* or *cover*. The front can be attacked by anything, but can also attack with anything itself. Covered characters can only be hit by ranged attacks, magic and certain skills that hit the whole party - however, this only applies if there is at least one character standing at the front. If all characters at the front are either gone or unconscious, melee attacks will hit covered characters as well. There are also special positions such as *Flying* or *Enemy Cover* (if you’ve got some nifty stealth skill).
10. Sometimes you'll encounter unusually strong enemies, called bosses. They are very dangerous and often need to be defeated in order to continue with the good part of the story. They often have very high modifiers on their stats. When seeing them in the status table, they are marked brown.
11. Gold is kept by the party, even when split up. (Screw logic)
12. You may split 25 points between HP and MP. You start with 500 AP. AP can buy stats as well as skills. Stats are 100 AP.
13. Stats should add up to +5. Individually the stats should be from -5 to +5 (the max is raised by 1 for every level over one your character is). You will get one point to allocate to any attribute with each level up - don't forget this.
Strength: Modifies damage dealt with melee weapons (but cannot make it lower than 1). Modifies accuracy with melee weapons (the modifier is added to the number rolled with the d20)
Dexterity: Modifies the AC and accuracy with ranged weapons.
Constitution: Modifies the amount of HP gained upon a level up, and is added to saving throws against certain status ailments.
Intelligence: Modifies the amount of MP gained upon a level up and modifies the accuracy of spells.
Wisdom: Modifies the MR and is added to saving throws against certain status ailments.
14. Something else to note about stats.
AC = 10 +/- Dexterity + Equipment bonus
MR = 10 +/- Wisdom + Equipment bonus
Melee Hit = Strength + Weapon bonus
Ranged Hit = Dexterity + Weapon bonus
Spell Hit = Intelligence
Damage dealt = Weapon/Spell damage (+ Strength if it's a melee attack)
15. Poison can only bring you down to 1 HP.
There are three types of poison (which can all be overlapped):
Weak poison: Deals 1DMG each turn. It's weaker, hence the name. And well, the only reason you would use this is because it's cheaper, AP and gold-wise.
Normal poison: Deals 10% of the enemy's max HP rounded up damage each turn.
Strong poison: Deals 15% of the enemy's max HP rounded up damage each turn.

Examplar, lvl 1 [0] Base Character [Front]
HP: 13/13
MP: 12/12
AP: >500
05 Hit | 1-6 Atk
15 AC | 10 MR
Example Weapon [1d6]
Example Armour [5 AC]
Spoiler: Status and Powers
Inventory [0/7]
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Skills
Example Skill [1 MP]: Examplar does a cool dance.
[Current: 100 awesomeness]

Example Spell [1 MP]: Examplar makes a random enemy do a cool dance.
[Current: 100 awesomeness]

Abilities
Example Ability: Gives Examplar the power to wear cool hats.

Stats
STR: 5
DEX: 0
CON: 0
INT: 0
WIS: 0

Script
If there is an enemy attacking, make them dance.
If there are no enemies, do a dance.
If unconscious, whine to the GM.

I'll be taking a max of five players (if that many even express interest).
Last edited by Agent of Dread on Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

Do we even have 5 potential players right now? :P

As long as I'm not the only player, I'll join, but if I do, I'll officially drop hosting The Arcadia Project. I also need to come up with a good character first.
Last edited by Shade on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

It sounds lame right now, but that's because I wanted to put in a little setup part before explaining the main goal and aims of the game.
Shade

Post by Shade »

What kind of setup? :o
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Obligatory-library-exploration.
Ditto
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)

Post by Ditto »

How much AP do we get per level? How many stat points?
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/
Shade

Re: [PnP] Seeds of Light (Talk)

Post by Shade »

Agent of Dread wrote:12. You may split 25 points between HP and MP. You start with 500 AP. AP can buy stats as well as skills. Stats are 10 AP.
I see a glaring flaw in this rule. Allow me to demonstrate you why by showing you this joke character:

Chuck Norris, Lv1 [00] (Front)
25/25 HP
00/00 MP
+50 Hit | Dmg 51 to 53
AC 15 | MR 10

Fists of Doom (Dmg: 1d3)
Clothes (AC 0)
Spoiler: Inventory & Status
Items (0/7):
- None

Skills:
Chuck Norris does not need skills.

Spells:
Chuck Norris does not need spells.

Abilities:
- Chuck Norris [500 AP]
Chuck Norris starts out with +50 Strength.

Stats:
+50 STR
+5 DEX
+5 CON
-5 INT
+0 WIS

Story:
Chuck Norris does not need a watch. HE decides what time it is.

Misc.:
AP left: 0
Dude's gonna rape stuff.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

It says 5 AP apiece on 2222's. :P
Anyway, yeah, I'll up it.
@Ditto: 100 AP per level up.
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Weren't you paying attention to the fact that it can't exceed +5 at first?

penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

Me I'm not awesome wrote: Individually the stats should be from -5 to 5 per level.
AoD he is awesome wrote:13. Stats should add up to +5. Individually the stats should be from -5 to +5 (the max is raised by 1 for every level over one your character is).
I'll think about joining. But whatever happened to your other idea thing with the thing and ideas and stuff?
Oh, and I ought to change that to plus -1/+1 per level to make it more balanced. :P
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Chuck Norris does not have 500 AP left. Chuck Norris has 13371337 AP left.

penguinflyer2222

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

Hmms. Now I notice that he has that much STR because of a skill and now I am confused because it does not demonstrate the rule being weird. Anyway whatever.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

@2222: Naw, that doesn't work, you can't lower stats (excluding maluses from abilities you take at the start).
Shade

Post by Shade »

Ditto wrote:Weren't you paying attention to the fact that it can't exceed +5 at first?
That would still mean that I could just set all stats to +5 for a mere 200 AP and be done with it. Would kinda make a stat system useless.
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Tal, Lvl 1 Half Elf, Half Dwarf Healer (Front)
Image HP: 7/7
Image SP: 18/18
Image AP: 500
Weapon: Fine Maple Staff (1d6 Atk, +0 Hit)
Shield: D'warven Steel Buckler (02 AC)
Helmet: D'warven Steel Helmet (01 AC)
Armor: White Robe (03 MR)
[-5 Hit] [1-1 Atk]
[8 AC] [18 MR]
Spoiler: Inventory and Status
Items (0/7):

Spells:
Note: No heals can be self cast.
-Well of Healing [3 SP]-
Tal releases a wave of healing energy towards all of his allies, up to a total of [Intx3] HP. The healing is first directed towards the allies with the lowest HP, and as they reach the allies with higher HP, those allies will be healed to until the healing runs out or until everyone is at full HP. If there is still healing left, the healing energy will remain until more damage is taken and the energy runs out.

-Crystal Barrier [1 SP Every Turn Per Ally]-
Tal covers his allies with a barrier that absorbs damage directed towards then. Sustaining this barrier costs 1 SP every turn for every ally protected, and for every [Int] damage that the barrier absorbs, Tal loses one more SP. If Tal runs out of SP, the barrier will continue absorbing until the end of the turn anyway.

-Holy Light [1 SP per [Int] HP, 1 SP per status effect]-
Tal streams a flow of healing energy towards an ally until they are fully healed. This heal costs one SP for every [Int] HP that the ally is healed for. This heal can fully heal up to [1/2] allies in a turn, and also heals status effects other than petrification for one SP each.

-Focus Light [0 SP]-
Tal focuses his power in order to restore it and empower it. When used, Tal recovers [Int] SP, and his next holy light or well of healing gains [Int] free healing, but Tal's AC and MR are set to 0 for the remainder of the turn.

-White Cloud [All SP]-
Tal calls down a pure cloud of white that dampens and soothes the battlefield and all of it's fighters, removing everyone's SP and "locking" combat for a turn, making both sides unable to attack the other.

Abilities:
-Meditation-
As long as the entire party is still alive at the end of a battle, Tal recovers all of his SP after each fight, and as long as the entire party is alive, he recovers 1 SP every turn in combat.

Stats:
Strength: -5
Dexterity: -5
Constitution: +5
Intelligence: +5
Wisdom: +5

Appearance:
Tal has a very unique appearance. Being born from both and elf and a d'warf, he inherited the magical abilities and speed but weaker bodies of the elves and the hardiness and resistance to magic of the d'warves. He has a wide vocabulary like most elves, but has the gruff accent of d'warves, and while he has pointy ears and an angular face like many elves, he still has a brown bushy beard and mustache and thick eyebrows like most d'warves. To round it all off, he is around 4 and a half feet tall, between the heights of elves and d'warves. He wields a fine elven bow made of maple wood, and wears a white robe that has been sown up so that it doesn't drag along the ground along with a dwarven steel helm.

Can someone explain to me around how strong bows should be?

EDIT: Eh, not sure if I'm going through with this guy anymore. I'll play a healer when (hopefully) Clonks makes a sequel to ToaP.
Last edited by Ditto on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:31 pm, edited 10 times in total.