[PnP] The Rise of a King (Talk)

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

???, Level 1 [0] Witch [Front]
HP: 9/9
MP: 16/16
AP: 500<
-3 Hit | 1-6 Atk
14 AC | 15 MR
Ebony Sabre [1d6 | +1 Hit]
Long Cloak [02 AC]
Spoiler: Inv, Skills, Stats
Inventory [1/7]
-White Rose [Charming!]
-
-
-
-
-
-

Spells/Abilities
Flame Lance [2 MP]: ??? sends a horizontal pillar of flame straight through an enemy, dealing 12+INT spell damage, with the drawback that the pierced target can only attack ??? for three turns.
[Curr: 17 damage]

Explosion [2 MP]: ??? tosses a ball of fire which homes in on the target and explodes for INT*3 damage on the target, and INT damage on up to two other enemies (randomly selected). Cannot miss.

Blood Infusion [3 MP]: ??? forms a large mass of blood and uses it to restore 50% of the HP of a member of her party.

???'s Calling [up to 7 MP each]: ??? and ??? come together, rising into the air, and combining their powers for a devastating attack which does damage on this equation:
Max HP of ??? and ??? [18] minus the current HP of ??? and ??? added together [totalling 0 to 16] doubled [for a final damage of 0 to 32], which damages the entire party, and heals both ??? and ??? for a quarter of the damage done. It uses both of their turns. It only works when in the same party, and both members are conscious to use the MP. Both ??? and ??? must use MP to cast this spell, at least 1 point each.
Partners does not add damage to this spell.

Partners: Spells do +3 damage when in the same party as ???, but -3 damage when separated.

Stats
STR: -4
DEX: +2
CON: -3
INT: +5
WIS: +5
Modificators
HP: -2
MP: +3[spoiler="Character and Image"]Image
Backstory/Personality
Standing before you, alongside her faithful companion, is a person generally considered 'evil' or 'chaotic'. Hailing from parents who dismissed her for a freak when they saw her red hair and eyes, she decided that rejection was only going to make her stronger, and she begun practicing dark and fire-based magic. About 10 years into her life, she met her companion, with a similar demeanour to her, and similar talents, and they became great acquaintances and never left each others' sight. Their magic became geared toward each others and they made a living out of their team work.
Also, she's a tsundere. I like tsunderes.
[/spoiler]

The ???'s Calling skill was one Shelly wants to take on level up, but I posted it now to get AP for it. Also, the stats may not be correct on account of the different stats and stuff.
Last edited by Agent of Dread on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
ShellShocker
Rust Eater (Senior Member)
Rust Eater (Senior Member)

Post by ShellShocker »

@Clonk: What determines spell's attack bonus? As long as it's not STR (which only said melee attacking bonus) I'm fine, but just wondering.
This signature picture has been cropped to fit the size limit.
Ditto
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)

Post by Ditto »

If this is the system we're using, I'll change my character afterschool.
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

ShellShocker wrote:@Clonk: What determines spell's attack bonus? As long as it's not STR (which only said melee attacking bonus) I'm fine, but just wondering.
If we're using the system I suggested, that'd be INT. :)

@pf2222: What confuses you about it? Please, I encourage you to ask me about whatever seems unclear about it, I'll gladly explain it to you to the best of my ability.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I like the new system too. If I make a PnP any time soon, I'll use the DnD one Clonks gave 2222.
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

Reys, Lvl 1 Human Berserker (Front)
Image HP: 25/25
Image XP: 0/100
Image AP: 40
Main Hand Weapon: Heavy Warhammer (1d8, +0 Hit)
Off Hand Weapon: Steel Warhammer (1d6, +1 Hit)
Main Hand Shield: Steel Kite Shield (02 AC)
Off Hand Shield: Steel Square Shield (02 AC)
Armor: Warrior's Chain Robes (03 AC)
[+3 Hit] [5-12 Atk]
[+4 Hit] [5-10 Atk]
[22 AC] [6 MR]
Spoiler: Inventory and Status
Items (0/7):
-None

Abilities:
Dual Wield: Reys can wield one weapon in each hand and gains two attacks for every one normal attack. Hit -1 to both weapons.[280 AP]

Sentinel: Reys wears one shield on each arm, and therefore can wield two shields at a time at the same time as dual wielding. [180 AP]

Stats:
Strength: +4
Dexterity: +5
Constitution: +5
Intelligence: -5
Wisdom: -4

Story:
When Reys was younger, he and his family were wandering merchants who traveled the world selling goods. One day, a group of bandits came to their caravan and brutally attacked them, leaving his parents dead and him badly wounded. He himself would have died had a healer not saved him from death and raised him as his own.

After being rescued by this man, Reys decided that he wanted to be a healer, too. The old healer, knowing that he could not use magic, but wanting to spare his feelings, pretended to teach him the healing arts. Reys became good friends with the old man, and was content there for the time that he spent there. However, when a necromancer left the old healer fatally wounded, Reys could not heal the old man. Upon the healer's death, he told Reys that the reason why he could not use magic was because he had magical blood flowing through his veins, and although he could not directly use magic, every action he took was infused with magical power.

Devastated by the loss of his best friend and the knowledge that he would never be able to be a healer, Reys would have spent his life miserable. However, a few days later, Reys came across a city merchant being attacked by a bandit. Reys defended the man and single handedly knocked out the bandit without any weapons of any sort, saving the merchant and showing Reys that he could still help people without magic. But soon afterward, Reys's plans to be a hero were stopped when a guard spotted his abilities and drafted him into the army of King Noganford.

It has been a year since Reys was drafted into the army. He desperately searches for a way out, but is trapped in by force. However, with the army being sent out for conquest, Reys may soon find the way out he has been looking for so he can protect other people from the threat that Noganford poses.

Reys is of average height and weight. He has very short brown hair, somewhat pale skin, and wears a white robe that is visible through the rings of a light chainmail robe that reaches down to his hands and feet. Under the robe, brown pants and black leather boots are visible. A steel kite shield is strapped to his right forearm, in which he holds a large steel war hammer, and a square shield is strapped to his left forearm, on which he holds a somewhat smaller but still large steel war hammer.
Roaring pierce? That should totally be flame lance.

Clonks, can you help me out with the stats and equipment here? And what are the hp and int mods?
Last edited by Ditto on Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Hey, thanks, I'll add that.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Ditto wrote:Clonks, can you help me out with the stats and equipment here? And what are the hp and int mods?
Sure.
Your equipment looks fine from my point of view; the stats suit their respective piece of equipment and are neither too high nor too low. However, weapons that are capable of dealing 10 or more damage in total are usually two-handed, so 2d6 on your heavy warhammer may be too high after all. 1d8 would probably be better.
Your total Hit bonus for your main hand is +4.
Your total Hit bonus for your off hand is +5.
A hit from your main hand will deal between 6 and 16 damage (assuming you keep the 2d6).
A hit from your off hand will deal between 5 and 10 damage.
Your AC is 21.
Your MR is 6.

The HP and MP modifiers used to be used in addition to the stats to determine your HP and MP gain upon a level up; however, I eventually came to the conclusion that having two seperate modifiers for that is unnecessary, and left them away from that point on. I don't really know why pf2222 added them back in; they're unnecessary, in my opinion (but then again, she pretty much took the most ancient ruleset we had).
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

How do AC and MR function? Are they just def and res like before, or do they work in some other way?

Shade

Post by Shade »

Ditto wrote:How do AC and MR function? Are they just def and res like before, or do they work in some other way?
They basically determine your chance to be hit by physical and magical attacks respectively. So, for example, if someone attacks you and your AC is 18, the attacker needs to roll an 18 or higher (without Hit modifiers applied) to hit you, which pretty much equals a 15% chance to be hit.
If you have an attacking modifier that isn't 0, it may help reduce the required roll, or make it even harder to hit the target.
For example, if your AC is 18 and the attacker's Hit modifier is -3, he can only hit you with a clean 20 (and just because a 20 will never miss, regardless of stats).
If your AC is 18 and the attacker's Hit modifier is +4, he only needs to roll a 14 or higher to hit you.
MR functions the same, but for spells.

AC and MR do not reduce the damage you take if you do get hit, however; that is solely dependant on the attacker's weapon and STR modifier.
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

How high do rolls go? What is the range of numbers that you can roll? 0-20?

Shade

Post by Shade »

Ditto wrote:How high do rolls go? What is the range of numbers that you can roll? 0-20?
Most rolls are done with a d20, so the usual range of possible numbers is 1 to 20 (before you apply modifiers).
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

I like this system. >=D

Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Go play some DnD in your neighbourhood then. :P
penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

Oh I never noticed that people posted while I was posting last night.
Well I won't do anything about all your characters yet since the system still isn't sorted out..
Nice characters though.
@Clonks: Well.. hmm. I don't really know what stat bonuses should be, or how the HP/MP modifiers from stats work.. Thanks by the way, you've been a great help to me.