Aria of Ruin PnP - Game Thread

This is a section where the forums games and forum rpg's reside.

Moderator: Developers

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Re: Aria of Ruin PnP - Game Thread

Post by Cimeries »

Ginny, Lv01 [22] Blue Knight [Front]
10/17 HP // 00/100 [ IIIIIIIIIII]
+1 DMG | +2 HIT | +1 AC | +1 MR | +2 INIT
Longsword [1-8 Dmg] | Old Breastplate Armor [4 AC]
Spoiler: Character Sheet
Inventory...[ 02/10 ]
[list][*] Whetstone x02 [+1 DMG and CT for 1 fight]
[*] Tarot Deck [22][/list]

Spellbook...[ 02/03 ]
[list][*]Shatter Guard [02] (Watcher)
This attack strips the target of all magical protection and causes them to take 50% more damage until their turn starts, but otherwise does not damage them.

[*]Warcry [04] (Carrion Stag)
A ferocious battle cry, infused with mana, threatening enemies and bolstering allies.
All enemies gain [STRx4] stress. All allies gain [WILL] HIT until the end of combat. Minor action.

[*][/list]

Abilities [ 0345/0350 AP ]:
[list]
[*] Image Blue Lancer [1/1] [ Active ] [ 55 AP ]
This attack has +5 HIT, can only be used from the cover row, and targets a single enemy in the front row. This attack moves Ginny over to the front row, and deals x2 Maximized damage if it connects. Ginny gains 25 stress if the attack misses. This attack requires a major and a minor action to use.
[*] Image Metamagick [2/2] [ Active ] [ 60 AP ]
Whenever an ally casts an offensive spell, Ginny can consume one use of her B.K abilities to add its effects to the spell that was cast (the efficiency of this effect is circumstantial). This ability is considered a major action.
[*] Image War Banner [1/1] [ Active ] [ 30 AP ]
Reduce stress by 10 for all other party members and maximize the damage of their next attack. This is a major action.
[*] Image Blue Knight [ Passive ] [ 200 AP ]
A Blue Knight learns attacks by defeating enemies. Ginny cannot learn spells, and has no SP. Instead, her spellbook will be filled up with abilities as Ginny's party defeats enemies, based on the enemies themselves. The attacks in a Blue Knight's spellbook have a limited number of uses before they are forgotten. The number of uses gained is random between 1 and INT. Once an ability in the spellbook has run out of uses, it is erased. Ginny can only manually clear entries from the spellbook by meditating at camp, otherwise she must expand attacks to clear entries. Ginny's B.K abilities cannot be taught as spells would be to others, as they are invoked, rather than studied.
[*] Image Spiderwalk [ Passive ] [ 50 AP ] [ Not learned ]
Ginny can traverse vertical surfaces so long that she keeps running. If her surroundings allow it, she can use this ability to attack enemies in cover with a successful maneuver.

[*] Image Mana-Font [ Passive ] [ 55 AP ] [ Not learned ]
Whenever Oz uses Wellspring of Magic, Ginny gains 1 cost-free use of Metamagick as a free action.

[*] Image Weaving Strike [ Passive ] [ 65 AP ] [ Not learned ]
When attacking enemies in melee with B.K abilities, Ginny can attempt a maneuver to weave magical energy into her target. If the enemy is unmarked, they gain A Trace for Nica to exploit. If the enemy already carries A Trace, the maneuver causes the attack to deal x1.5 damage.

[*] Image Reflection [ Camping ] [ 45 AP ] [ Not learned ]
Ginny can boost the number of uses for one of her B.K abilities by [WIL].

[*] Image Soul Crucible [ Camping ] [ 115 AP ] [ Not learned ]
Ginny can combine up to 2 B.K abilities into a single ability - merging their effects and summing their uses. Ginny can't use this ability to combine a B.K ability that is already the product of such a combination.
[/list]

Attributes:
STR: +2
DEX: +0
AGI: +1
VIT: +0
INT: +3
WIL: +1
PER: +0

Ability Points: 05
Attribute Points: 0

Scripts:
- nil.
This was Tudor's bodyguard? Ginny didn't have any particular expectation for what she would be like, but this woman still somehow surprised her. She was wearing original Escal armor, on top of that.
Ginny gave a nod when Nica introduced her, but continued to observe silently as Oz spoke to her.

Oz suggested she may have been hallucinating due to the Hollows' influence - his research so far confirms that they're definitely capable of some kind of magic, so it seems like a likely explanation. Something Ameia said struck Ginny as odd, however...
"Ameia, what do you mean by "creepy insinuations"?"
:wink:
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

Ameia, Lv0.35 Weirded [Front]
23/23 HP // 110/100 // ■■■■
Reconstitute [x1] | Mind over Matter [x1] | dark energy [x0] | hallucinating
+0 dmg | -10 hit | +3 ac | -2 mr | +4 init
Unarmed | Old Breastplate Armor [4 ac]
Spoiler: Spells and abilities
Spells:
[list][*]Void Armory
The caster cloaks the target in a hulking mass of impossible shapes. Combatants affected by Void Armory gain the ability to perform a special attack once. The attack has [WIL(cstr)] HIT and deals [WIL(cstr)] extra damage. The attack's critical threat and damage increase by 1 and 20% respectively for every 4 WIL, up to +5 and +100%.
If the caster casts this spell on himself, the attack may be performed as a minor action on the same turn.
The target of this spell sustains 10-[WIL(tgt)] stress.

[*]Unwind Flesh
The caster twists and contorts their own flesh back into place in gruesome fashion that is disturbing to behold.
The caster recovers 1d[WILx5] HP. All other combatants suffer 5-10 stress.

[*]Bastion of Nowhere - Invocation
The caster manifests a non-Euclidean sanctuary-maze, lasting 1+[INT/2] turns. All allies will receive 50% less stress during this time, and all attacks against the caster's party members are redirected towards the caster, unless the attacker passes a WILL check DC 05+[INT].

[*]That Which Wasn't - Invocation
Invokes a monstrosity invisible to anyone it hasn't attacked yet. The monstrosity will attack the caster's enemies, dealing 1d[WIL] damage and inflicts [INT]x2 stress when it reveals itself to them. The monstrosity prioritizes enemies it hasn't attacked, and lingers for up to [INT] turns.[/list]

Abilities (300/350 AP spent):
[list][*]Unnatural Caster [ Passive ] [ 130 AP ]
-> Whenever Ameia casts a spell, she gains a charge of Dark Energy. Each charge grants 1 AC. Whenever she's hit by an attack or spell, if she hasn't used her minor action this turn, she will use that minor action to retaliate.
Ameia will retaliate with a bolt of dark energy that has [INT] HIT and deals 1d[WIL] damage, consuming one charge of Dark Energy.
At the end of combat, remaining Dark Energy dissipates into Ameia. For each charge, she suffers 5 stress unless she passes a WIL check DC: 10+[ΣDE].
[*]Rude Awakening [ Passive ] [ 50 AP ]
-> Once per fight, Ameia can cast an Invocation spell as a minor action. The first time she casts an Invocation spell each combat, each enemy must pass a WIL check DC 05+[WIL], or suffer [WIL+INT] stress.
[*]Reconstitute [ Active ] [ 100 AP/use ] (1 use)
Major+minor action. Touch range. A horrid alteration to the target's form. Effectiveness scales with their stress. Severe distortions may impair vital functions or dismember or transform the target.
Witnesses will be in denial about the target's state, but stress makes it harder to ignore the truth. When forced to acknowledge the situation, they suffer stress. If they survive, the target recovers to normal in the course of several days.
[*]Mind over Matter [ Active ] [ 20 AP / use ] ( 1 use )
-> Supplements lost strength with the void inside her. Uses WIL in place of STR or DEX during a check.
[*]Askew Third Eye [ Passive ] [ +50 AP ]
-> Exposure to otherworldly magic has warped Ameia's connection to the aether, currently rendering her unable to learn regular spells.
[*]Prepare for Anything [ Camping ] [ 40 AP / use ] ( 0 uses )
-> Have ones allies contemplate the fearsome. Increases party stress by 10; after this has been used, when the user reminds nearby allies of those lessons, it puts the present situation into perspective - removing 20 stress and reducing incoming stress by half for 2 rounds.

[*]Channel the Brink [ Camping ] [ 30 AP / use ] ( 0 uses )
-> Reduces own stress by 30% of the current value. The user may either remove one point of stress from an ally for each two points of stress consumed, or restore 1 HP on an ally for each five points consumed.
[/list]
Attributes:
-5 Strength
-5 Dexterity
+5 Agility
+4 Vitality
+4 Intellect
+5 Willpower
-3 Perception
"Really, out of place? Ah, what a shame."
Ameia was visibly disappointed.
"Okay, I see a soldier with beautiful serpentine hair and unblinking eyes.
A man with a rapidly shifting eye colour, white hair and slightly rash manners. And a lady with better manners, who I'd consider a fencer if her blade didn't double as a torch.
But I'm assured none of this is real, since I'm just seeing things... My, my. You just met me, and I'm already talking to myself. This must reflect very badly on me."

"Oh, like I said, they were telling us strange things. I didn't care to tell because it was such incoherent drivel. They couldn't make up their minds whether they wanted victory, or company, or death - so wretchedly indecisive. The pathetic mewling of lost souls; I get sad even thinking about it.
Though I guess it's significant they weren't speaking per se - I received the words, but not through sound."

She left out the stretched-out moment when these whispers had seemed oddly compelling.
It was important for the others to be prepared if they would face the faceless ones again, but maybe it'd be easier to resist their strange call if they were prepared to meet it with disdain.
This was a time to show strength, project confidence, and inspire trust. And given the superficial similarities, she was eager to show that she had no sympathy for these things.
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

Oz, Lv 1.32
HP: 12/16
MP: ★★★★★
SP: 039%
±0 Dmg | -8 Hit | -1 AC | +5 MR | +6 Init
Equipment:
  • Trick Cane (1d4 Dmg | Restores 1 MP on an attack roll of 10.)
  • Padded Vest (1 AC)
Skills:
  • ⚪ Quick Spell
Spoiler: Inventory & Status
Items:
[list][*] Rødlev Crest
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:
[list][*]Cyclone
-> Creates 1d3 + INT/3 Wind blades dealing 1d4 + WIL damage. Blades have INT HIT bonus.
[*]Sonic Clap
-> All enemies must make a VIT check vs the caster's WIL or be stunned for a turn and lose their AC dodge bonus.
[*]Darkmatter Vortex
-> All enemies must make a WIL+VIT check vs the caster's INT. If they succeed they take 1d3 damage. if they fail they will take 1d3 damage per turn for WIL turns.
[*]Light
-> Creates a floating orb of radiance to act as a source of light for the caster. The orb will accompany the caster for several hours before fizzling out, and may be dismissed manually.
[*]Life Sense
-> The caster is able to telepathically sense all living beings within a radius of approximately INT+PER meter.[/list]

Abilities (330/350 AP spent):
[list][*]Quick Spell [ Active ] [ 70 AP / use ] ( 1 use )
-> Allows Oz to cast a spell as a minor action.
[*]Awareness [ Sustained ] [ 60 AP ]
-> Oz can give up his minor action each turn in order to apply his Perception stat as a bonus towards any of his attempts to dodge an attack. Increases Stress by 5 at the end of every turn while active.
[*]Wellspring of Magic [ Passive ] [ 100 AP ]
-> At any time during a battle, Oz can use a minor action to regain a spell point, at the cost of increasing his Stress by 20.
[*]Grace under Pressure [ Passive ] [ 60 AP ]
-> Grants Oz a +1 bonus to all rolls whenever his Stress is 50 or higher.
[*]Maelstrom of Magic [ Passive ] [ 40 AP ]
-> Allows Oz to make a maneuver (spells only) against enemies marked with A Trace by Nica. If successful, A Trace is consumed and the target is stunned for a turn.
[*]Intimidating Confidence [ Active ] [ 35 AP ] [ Not learned ]
-> This is a minor action. If Ginny uses War Banner this turn, Oz follows up with his own unique brand of "encouragement", crushing his enemies' will to fight.
Unless they pass a WIL check against 6+WIL, all enemies suffer 10 Stress and have the damage of their next attack minimized.

[*]A Mind for Magic [ Passive ] [ 50 AP ] [ Not learned ]
-> Oz receives a +5 bonus to any attempts to learn a spell he has seen before.

[*]Mad Scientist [ Passive ] [ 65 AP ] [ Not learned ]
-> To Oz, gaining new knowledge is strangely invigorating, to the point he can become a bit... obsessive about it.
Oz receives a +[Stress/25] bonus to all checks involving experimentation to gain new knowledge, as well as an additional +2 bonus if he's suffering from an Affliction.
For each piece of knowledge gained by means of experimentation, Oz recovers Stress equal to half its DC.

[*]Disquieting Serenity [ Passive ] [ 70 AP ] [ Not learned ]
-> Whenever Oz is (one of) the target(s) of any action while suffering from an Affliction, the user of that action receives 10 Stress unless they pass a WIL check against 6+WIL (whether they're friend or foe).

[*]Spell Crucible [ Camping ] [ 85 AP ] [ Req.: Ginny's Soul Crucible ] [ Not learned ]
-> Oz can create a combined spell from two of his known spells, that behaves as Ginny's spellbook abilities, with a single use. This spell does not take up space in Oz' spellbook but can only be used once before it is forgotten.

[*]Last Word [ Active ] [ 150 AP / use ] [ Not learned ]
-> Allows Oz to cast a spell using all of his remaining spell points at once. Each spell point beyond the requirement sacrificed this way increases the potency of the resulting spell by 50% (additive).
[/list]

Attributes:
-5 Strength
-3 Dexterity
±0 Agility
+1 Vitality
+5 Intellect
+5 Willpower
+4 Perception
Ameia seemed very... confused. While he wasn't quite sure how to react to her gabble, it at least pretty much confirmed Oz' suspicions that she was hallucinating.
"Geez. I've had people snap on me before, but I believe this is the first time someone went as far as to pretend I don't exist."
Oz looked at the other women withhin the room for a moment, then shrugged.
"I'm pretty sure I would've noticed someone casually strolling around with a burning blade.
Likewise, people probably would have given me... ...well, they did give me funny looks, but last I checked, my eyes had no part in it.
So yeah. I'd say you're still hallucinating."

All that was left to figure out was how exactly this spell worked... and how to counteract it.
"What they were telling you really doesn't matter - it was obviously part of their efforts to attack your mind.
What's more important is how we can undo these effects. Although I'm confident they will wear off on their own given enough time, depending on how many of these creatures we face in the future, we might not have that kind of luxury if we can't find a way to prevent something like this from happening in the first place. I probably can't expect regular soldiers with no affinity for magic to be as efficient in dealing with problems as I am, after all."
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Nica, Lv 1.13

Health: 12/12
Stress: IIIIIIIIII

Spells: ♦♦
Restl.:
Lunge:

+2 Dmg | +3 Hit | +4 AC | +5 MR | +4 Init
Rapier - 1-6 Dmg | Leather Coat - 2 AC
Items:

[list][*] Bandages x02 [ Cancels up to 10 stacked bleeding damage. ]
[*] Healing Flask [ +05 HP ]
[*] Mana Flask [ +01 SP ]
[*] Scroll of Locking [ "This spell manipulates locks and similar mechanisms to close and lock them as one would with a matching key." ]
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:

[list][*] Arc Bolt
-> Strike a single enemy with a bolt of lightning. The bolt has Int Hit and deals 3d3+Wil damage.
-> On attack rolls of 6 or more, the bolt will chain to a random nearby enemy dealing 2d3+Wil damage on the first chain, and 1d3+Wil any consecutive times after that.
[*] Entropy Bolt
-> Attack an enemy with a strange bolt of chaotic energy. The bolt has Wil+Dex Hit and reduces the victim's AC and Hit by Int.
-> The victim will take 1 Dmg and 5 Stress every turn until they have taken the same amount that their AC and Hit were reduced by.[/list]

Abilities: [ 345/350 AP spent ]

[list][*]Spell Scavenger [ Passive ] [ 220 AP ]
Nica wanders the land, tracing the trails of the many magicks at work upon it, and claiming them.
-> When Nica successfully casts a spell on an enemy, Nica marks them with A Trace, granting her +1 Hit and MR against them for 2 turns. [ 60 AP ]
-> Nica can make a maneuver against marked enemies to consume A Trace and gain 1 Spell Point. [ 120 AP ]
-> A Trace can stack, up to 2 times. [ 40 AP ]
-> When an enemy casts a spell, Nica also marks them with A Trace. [ 80 AP ][/list]

[list][*]Finesse [ Passive ] [ 50 AP ]
Nica's deft hands supplant her skill with the blade... the pokey ones, anyway.
-> All rapier-type weapons are considered Treated when wielded by Nica.
-> Treated weapons use Dex for +Dmg.[/list]

[list][*]Lunge [ Active - 1 use ] [ 50 AP per use ]
Nica's daring nature is unbounded by battle positions... sometimes.
-> Nica may make a melee attack on a Covered enemy.[/list]

[list][*]Restless [ Active - 1 uses ] [ 20 AP + 5n per use ]
Nica has never liked standing still for too long at once.
-> Nica may change battle positions as a free action.
-> This allows her to change positions twice in a turn, if she wishes.[/list]

[list][*]Kleptokinesis [ Sustained ] [ 100 AP ]
Nica's curiosity sometimes turns to greed... sometimes against her best interests.
-> While Kleptokinesis is active, Nica loses 1 HP per turn, and gains 5 Stress.
-> While Kleptokinesis is active, Nica retrieves discharged magicks from the spells she casts, granting her Kinesis for each cast.
-> Kinesis can stack, up to Nica's Spell Point total.
-> A successful melee attack will consume Kinesis and end Kleptokinesis. The damage is increased by 1x per stack consumed.
-> Kinesis stacks are lost if Kleptokinesis is ended manually.[/s][/color][/list]

[list][*]Aristocrat's Quill [ Camping ] [ 100 AP ]
Nica's upbringing has made her more than proficient with written documents, which she applies to spells left behind.
-> With a quill & parchment, Nica may transcribe one of her known spells into written form while camping.
-> She can re-learn spells that she has forgotten if she has their scrolls.[/s][/color][/list]

Attributes:

[list][*]-1 Str
[*]+4 Dex
[*]+2 Agi
[*]-1 Vit
[*]+2 Int
[*]+0 Wil
[*]+1 Per[/list]
How peculiar, Nica thinks to herself, that this unnerving old soldier has a sweet streak. She certainly didn't look the type, not that Nica felt quite sure she knew what her impression of Ameia was.
The distorted perception that seems to pertain to Nica herself is rather less drastic than those of the others... Nica wonders if she should think anything of it. Either way, Ameia seemed pleased by her courtesy.
And a taste of Oz's own medicine, eh? She's rather enjoying how confounded Ameia's lightly lackadaisical musings seem to leave him.
"Don't worry, Oz, your best features are indeed a single, unchanging colour."
Though, as much as she can poke fun in such a situation, Ameia's report is more than enough to suggest that there is a danger to those shambling creatures.
Not that Nica should have expected there wouldn't be one, but with how effortlessly Oz dispatched the one the three of them encountered, she would have liked to hope any others would be so simple.
To wit, it was evident that their lone first sighting was the exception rather than the norm, and more than anything else, that boded ominously.
"Agreed, some sort of failsafe tactic would be well applied. I expect that's not the last swarm of them we'll have seen by the end of this."
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Ginny, Lv01 [22] Blue Knight [Front]
Inventory...[ 02/10 ]

Spellbook...[ 02/03 ]
This attack strips the target of all magical protection and causes them to take 50% more damage until their turn starts, but otherwise does not damage them.

A ferocious battle cry, infused with mana, threatening enemies and bolstering allies.
All enemies gain [STRx4] stress. All allies gain [WILL] HIT until the end of combat. Minor action.

[*][/list]

[list]
This attack has +5 HIT, can only be used from the cover row, and targets a single enemy in the front row. This attack moves Ginny over to the front row, and deals x2 Maximized damage if it connects. Ginny gains 25 stress if the attack misses. This attack requires a major and a minor action to use.
Whenever an ally casts an offensive spell, Ginny can consume one use of her B.K abilities to add its effects to the spell that was cast (the efficiency of this effect is circumstantial). This ability is considered a major action.
Reduce stress by 10 for all other party members and maximize the damage of their next attack. This is a major action.
A Blue Knight learns attacks by defeating enemies. Ginny cannot learn spells, and has no SP. Instead, her spellbook will be filled up with abilities as Ginny's party defeats enemies, based on the enemies themselves. The attacks in a Blue Knight's spellbook have a limited number of uses before they are forgotten. The number of uses gained is random between 1 and INT. Once an ability in the spellbook has run out of uses, it is erased. Ginny can only manually clear entries from the spellbook by meditating at camp, otherwise she must expand attacks to clear entries. Ginny's B.K abilities cannot be taught as spells would be to others, as they are invoked, rather than studied.
Ginny can traverse vertical surfaces so long that she keeps running. If her surroundings allow it, she can use this ability to attack enemies in cover with a successful maneuver.

Whenever Oz uses Wellspring of Magic, Ginny gains 1 cost-free use of Metamagick as a free action.

When attacking enemies in melee with B.K abilities, Ginny can attempt a maneuver to weave magical energy into her target. If the enemy is unmarked, they gain A Trace for Nica to exploit. If the enemy already carries A Trace, the maneuver causes the attack to deal x1.5 damage.

Ginny can combine up to 2 B.K abilities into a single ability - merging their effects and summing their uses. Ginny can't use this ability to combine a B.K ability that is already the product of such a combination.
[/list]

Attributes:

Scripts:
- nil.
Ah, so these creatures apparently had a way of communicating without words. Ginny assumed they were entirely mind-less judging by her group's encounter with the lone Hollow, but it's obvious they didn't see enough of its behavior to make perfectly accurate conclusions just yet.
Ginny turns to Oz and Nica as they discuss tactics.
"So more research is needed before we can develop such a method. Sounds like we may need to make this a priority if we want to keep this operation running. We ought to look at the spot Tudor mentioned for clues."

Ginny turns to Ameia and looks at her. Oz surmises that her hallucinations will eventually wear off. Hearing Ameia's description, They already don't sound as radical as she assumed based on Tudor's recounting of the events. It's possible that Ameia is actively recovering from her affliction, and will be fine soon.
When Ameia returns eye contact, Ginny steps forward, crouches beside her and puts a hand on her shoulder.
She looks at Ellen.
"Judging by this conversation, I think she isn't a threat for now. I don't know if Tudor needs her here at camp anymore, but she's a caster of some skill..."
She looks at Ameia again, nods and turns back to Ellen.
"...we could use her help in our investigation, and keep an eye on her while she shakes this influence off."
She turns to Ameia one final time.
"What do you say, Ameia, think you're ready to face these things again?"

Ginny used War Banner.
octagon

Post by octagon »

Ameia, Lv0.35 Weirded [Front]
23/23 HP // 110/100 // ■■■■
Reconstitute [x1] | Mind over Matter [x1] | dark energy [x0] | hallucinating
Unarmed | Old Breastplate Armor [4 ac]
Spells:
[list][*]Void Armory
The caster cloaks the target in a hulking mass of impossible shapes. Combatants affected by Void Armory gain the ability to perform a special attack once. The attack has [WIL(cstr)] HIT and deals [WIL(cstr)] extra damage. The attack's critical threat and damage increase by 1 and 20% respectively for every 4 WIL, up to +5 and +100%.
If the caster casts this spell on himself, the attack may be performed as a minor action on the same turn.

[*]Unwind Flesh
The caster twists and contorts their own flesh back into place in gruesome fashion that is disturbing to behold.

The caster manifests a non-Euclidean sanctuary-maze, lasting 1+[INT/2] turns. All allies will receive 50% less stress during this time, and all attacks against the caster's party members are redirected towards the caster, unless the attacker passes a WILL check DC 05+[INT].

Invokes a monstrosity invisible to anyone it hasn't attacked yet. The monstrosity will attack the caster's enemies, dealing 1d[WIL] damage and inflicts [INT]x2 stress when it reveals itself to them. The monstrosity prioritizes enemies it hasn't attacked, and lingers for up to [INT] turns.[/list]

-> Whenever Ameia casts a spell, she gains a charge of Dark Energy. Each charge grants 1 AC. Whenever she's hit by an attack or spell, if she hasn't used her minor action this turn, she will use that minor action to retaliate.
Ameia will retaliate with a bolt of dark energy that has [INT] HIT and deals 1d[WIL] damage, consuming one charge of Dark Energy.
At the end of combat, remaining Dark Energy dissipates into Ameia. For each charge, she suffers 5 stress unless she passes a WIL check DC: 10+[ΣDE].
-> Once per fight, Ameia can cast an Invocation spell as a minor action. The first time she casts an Invocation spell each combat, each enemy must pass a WIL check DC 05+[WIL], or suffer [WIL+INT] stress.
Major+minor action. Touch range. A horrid alteration to the target's form. Effectiveness scales with their stress. Severe distortions may impair vital functions or dismember or transform the target.
Witnesses will be in denial about the target's state, but stress makes it harder to ignore the truth. When forced to acknowledge the situation, they suffer stress. If they survive, the target recovers to normal in the course of several days.
-> Supplements lost strength with the void inside her. Uses WIL in place of STR or DEX during a check.
-> Exposure to otherworldly magic has warped Ameia's connection to the aether, currently rendering her unable to learn regular spells.
-> Have ones allies contemplate the fearsome. Increases party stress by 10; after this has been used, when the user reminds nearby allies of those lessons, it puts the present situation into perspective - removing 20 stress and reducing incoming stress by half for 2 rounds.

-> Reduces own stress by 30% of the current value. The user may either remove one point of stress from an ally for each two points of stress consumed, or restore 1 HP on an ally for each five points consumed.
[/list]
Attributes:
-5 Strength
-5 Dexterity
+5 Agility
+4 Vitality
+4 Intellect
+5 Willpower
-3 Perception
Ameia was hesitant. She thought they might have a hard time ever trusting her if she was a liability now, and friendly fire with her magic could have ruinous consequences. But they knew she hadn't fully recovered yet, so they'd probably excuse minor incidents, and there was no way she'd stay in quarantine instead of making herself - hopefully - useful.
"Aye. I don't like having an eye kept on me, so I'd rather be ready, but you'll appreciate the help, and I'd rather be investigating than gathering dust in here."
Ameia smiled an expectant, calm smile, but the furrow of her brow betrayed some weariness too.

it took me longer than it should to come up with this rationale
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Party
  • Image | Nica (AoD) ..__ | 12/12 | IIIIIIIIII000 | Lv 1.15 | [Front] | -3 MaxHP | Maximized Attack: 1
  • Image | Ginny (Cime) .. | 10/17 | IIIIIIIIII000 | Lv 1.24 | [Front] | Maximized Attack: 1
  • Image | Ameia (Octy) .. | 18/18 | IIIIIIIIII100 | Lv 0.37 | [Front] | Affliction: Hallucinating | Maximized Attack: 1
  • Image | Oz (Shade) ...._ | 12/16 | IIIIIIIIII029 | Lv 1.34 | [Cover] | Maximized Attack: 1
Gold: 317
Day 03
Spoiler: Quests
[list][*][!] Icon of Ruin: Discover the origin of the Obelisk in Korsgrad, learn the fate of the villagers and find the source of the fire that razed the city to the ground.[/list]
Spoiler: Saved Locations
[list][*]Ancient Shrine: "Sacrifice -Death Ward"
[*]A Strange Nest: Something in the nest draws mana towards it.
[*]Site of the Hollow Encounter: The spot where Tudor's group fought a band of Hollows on their way to Korsgrad.[/list]
@Everyone + 02 Exp for Roleplay

Ginny used War Banner
Oz recovered 10 stress
Ameia recovered 10 stress
Party damage is maximized for 1 attack

Fast Forward - To prevent stagnation in the game due to downtime, player/GM writer's block or general slowness, the game may be Fast Forwarded - This will move events through up to a point where there are meaningful choices to be made, and list out a concise detail of the events. Use sparingly when you feel like you're stuck and starting to lose interest in what is going on - It's cool, we're all busy people and we want to get to the fun bits. Just don't abuse this mechanic.
I generally won't use it by myself unless something like forum downtime or some other unforeseen event messed with the game's flow, as is the case today.

=[ FF ⏩ ]=

The party of Nica, Ginny and Oz concluded that Ameia should be safe enough to assist them on their task as a fourth squad member, with her spellcasting abilities. Ameia agrees.

After some convincing, Tudor agrees to release Ameia to their care - Oz succinctly explains to him his conclusion that she is hallucinating and that the hallucination is temporary, and Ginny expresses her reasoning that if anything, the three of them are probably best suited to deal with her if something goes wrong. Nica interjects that taking Ameia with them and getting her moving and active is better than letting her just sit there in hopes she'll get better.

Tudor instructs Ellen to release Ameia, and so she does, freeing her from the chains and returning her sword to her.

Ellen mentions that after this evening, when set-ups in camp are finished, the party will be able to resupply from the reinforcement's gear reserves if needed, though she will have to charge them a curation price for the items to cover their costs, since she can't freely issue equipment to other branches of the military without a proper order document from their quartermaster.

⚔ Ameia joins the party ⚔

=[ PL ▶ ]=

WWYDN?:
  • ========================================
    [01] Talk with Briggs
    [02] Talk with the Garrison soldiers
    [03] Talk with Tudor
    [05] Talk with Tudor's second bodyguard, Dweck
    [06] Talk with Tudor's quartermaster, Ellen
    [07] Talk with Tudor's soldiers
    [08] Approach the obelisk site again
    [09] Rest until noon
    [10] Travel to a saved location ^
    [11] Explore the forest until noon/afternoon/evening
    [12] Image
    ========================================
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Nica, Lv 1.15

Restl.:
Lunge:

Items:

[*] Scroll of Locking [ "This spell manipulates locks and similar mechanisms to close and lock them as one would with a matching key." ]
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:

[list][*] Arc Bolt
-> Strike a single enemy with a bolt of lightning. The bolt has Int Hit and deals 3d3+Wil damage.
-> On attack rolls of 6 or more, the bolt will chain to a random nearby enemy dealing 2d3+Wil damage on the first chain, and 1d3+Wil any consecutive times after that.
[*] Entropy Bolt
-> Attack an enemy with a strange bolt of chaotic energy. The bolt has Wil+Dex Hit and reduces the victim's AC and Hit by Int.
-> The victim will take 1 Dmg and 5 Stress every turn until they have taken the same amount that their AC and Hit were reduced by.[/list]

Nica wanders the land, tracing the trails of the many magicks at work upon it, and claiming them.
-> When Nica successfully casts a spell on an enemy, Nica marks them with A Trace, granting her +1 Hit and MR against them for 2 turns. [ 60 AP ]
-> Nica can make a maneuver against marked enemies to consume A Trace and gain 1 Spell Point. [ 120 AP ]
-> When an enemy casts a spell, Nica also marks them with A Trace. [ 80 AP ][/list]

Nica's curiosity sometimes turns to greed... sometimes against her best interests.
-> While Kleptokinesis is active, Nica retrieves discharged magicks from the spells she casts, granting her Kinesis for each cast.
-> A successful melee attack will consume Kinesis and end Kleptokinesis. The damage is increased by 1x per stack consumed.
-> Kinesis stacks are lost if Kleptokinesis is ended manually.[/s][/color][/list]

Nica's upbringing has made her more than proficient with written documents, which she applies to spells left behind.
-> With a quill & parchment, Nica may transcribe one of her known spells into written form while camping.
-> She can re-learn spells that she has forgotten if she has their scrolls.[/s][/color][/list]

Attributes:

[list][*]-1 Str
[*]+4 Dex
[*]+2 Agi
[*]-1 Vit
[*]+2 Int
[*]+0 Wil
[*]+1 Per[/list]
Things more or less moved along smoothly after that, and they decided to bring Ameia along with them. Though she was certainly an interesting case, if not a disconcerting one, Nica was much happier to have her than that... Dweck, was it?
As Ellen finishes freeing Ameia from her rather ominous restraints, Nica takes out the group's map and traces along some of the lines with her finger as she thinks.
"Well, we've a few locations to get back to by now. I think the top priority goes to the site of the reinforcements' scuffle with the Hollows for the sake of Oz's research."
Nica glances at her initial companions.
"There's also that strange bird's nest we found yesterday, as well as the ward and the Obelisk itself."
Turning her attention to their latest addition, she continued.
"Though, remembering how approaching the Obelisk felt when we did it, that may not be the best thing for Miss Ameia's current state."
Shade

Post by Shade »

Oz, Lv 1.34
SP: 029%
Equipment:
  • Padded Vest (1 AC)
Skills:
  • ⚫ Quick Spell
Items:
[list][*] Rødlev Crest
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:
[list][*]Cyclone
-> Creates 1d3 + INT/3 Wind blades dealing 1d4 + WIL damage. Blades have INT HIT bonus.
[*]Sonic Clap
-> All enemies must make a VIT check vs the caster's WIL or be stunned for a turn and lose their AC dodge bonus.
[*]Darkmatter Vortex
-> All enemies must make a WIL+VIT check vs the caster's INT. If they succeed they take 1d3 damage. if they fail they will take 1d3 damage per turn for WIL turns.
[*]Light
-> Creates a floating orb of radiance to act as a source of light for the caster. The orb will accompany the caster for several hours before fizzling out, and may be dismissed manually.
[*]Life Sense
-> The caster is able to telepathically sense all living beings within a radius of approximately INT+PER meter.[/list]

-> Oz can give up his minor action each turn in order to apply his Perception stat as a bonus towards any of his attempts to dodge an attack. Increases Stress by 5 at the end of every turn while active.
-> At any time during a battle, Oz can use a minor action to regain a spell point, at the cost of increasing his Stress by 20.
-> Allows Oz to make a maneuver (spells only) against enemies marked with A Trace by Nica. If successful, A Trace is consumed and the target is stunned for a turn.
-> This is a minor action. If Ginny uses War Banner this turn, Oz follows up with his own unique brand of "encouragement", crushing his enemies' will to fight.
Unless they pass a WIL check against 6+WIL, all enemies suffer 10 Stress and have the damage of their next attack minimized.

-> To Oz, gaining new knowledge is strangely invigorating, to the point he can become a bit... obsessive about it.
Oz receives a +[Stress/25] bonus to all checks involving experimentation to gain new knowledge, as well as an additional +2 bonus if he's suffering from an Affliction.
For each piece of knowledge gained by means of experimentation, Oz recovers Stress equal to half its DC.

-> Whenever Oz is (one of) the target(s) of any action while suffering from an Affliction, the user of that action receives 10 Stress unless they pass a WIL check against 6+WIL (whether they're friend or foe).

[*]Spell Crucible [ Camping ] [ 85 AP ] [ Req.: Ginny's Soul Crucible ] [ Not learned ]
-> Oz can create a combined spell from two of his known spells, that behaves as Ginny's spellbook abilities, with a single use. This spell does not take up space in Oz' spellbook but can only be used once before it is forgotten.

-> Allows Oz to cast a spell using all of his remaining spell points at once. Each spell point beyond the requirement sacrificed this way increases the potency of the resulting spell by 50% (additive).
[/list]

Attributes:
-5 Strength
-3 Dexterity
±0 Agility
+1 Vitality
+5 Intellect
+5 Willpower
+4 Perception
Oz shrugged, mildly annoyed by the most recent turn of events. At this rate they would never actually make any progress on the obelisk.
"I'd rather start making some actual progress with our investigations on the obelisk than babysit an old granny, but I guess it can't be helped. Having Korsgrad overflow with delusional soldiers just because they don't know how to properly deal with the Hollow would be a bit of an inconvenience."
Hopefully Ameia's abilities as a mage would make up for the trouble.
"Fine then, let's go investigate the location of the encounter... and I suppose we might as well go check out that nest while we're at it."
octagon

Post by octagon »

Ameia, Lv0.37 Weirded [Front]
23/23 HP // 100/100 // ■■■■
Reconstitute [x1] | Mind over Matter [x0] | dark energy [x0] | hallucinating | maximized attack [x1]
Ceremonial Sword [1d6 dmg] | Old Breastplate Armor [4 ac]
Spells:
[list][*]Void Armory

[*]Unwind Flesh

[/list]
Attributes:
-5 Strength
-5 Dexterity
+5 Agility
+4 Vitality
+4 Intellect
+5 Willpower
-3 Perception
"Ah, that's better." As soon as Ameia is free, she does some stretches to exercise her drowsy muscles.

"I agree, studying that obelisk seems like a job for another day. I'm eager to see what you'll find out about these Hollows. I'm sure we've not seen the last of them, and if they're related to the obelisk, this is direct preparation work.
Do tell me about that ward and nest while we're on the way."

She takes two steps towards Oz and squints at him.
"By the way. You might find it beneficial to think of me as a peer rather than a test subject. Your stature aside - I know some things that you'd be hard-pressed to find out from anyone else, and I'm willing to share if you show a little respect."
Ameia lifts her spasming arm, which steadies in a blink - now it seems as though the space around her arm trembles instead of her - and picks up a twig from the ground. [Mind over Matter]
She rapidly scratches a zig-zagging, dendritic glyph into the dust, drops the twig, gives Oz a handful of seconds to look at it, then erases the shape with her foot.
"So let's drop this charade, youngster, and get along."
Shade

Post by Shade »

Oz, Lv 1.34
Equipment:
  • Padded Vest (1 AC)
Skills:
  • ⚫ Quick Spell
Items:
[list][*] Rødlev Crest
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:
[list][*]Cyclone
[*]Sonic Clap
[*]Darkmatter Vortex
[*]Light
[*]Life Sense

[/list]

Attributes:
-5 Strength
-3 Dexterity
±0 Agility
+1 Vitality
+5 Intellect
+5 Willpower
+4 Perception
Oz smirked.
"Oh, but I do. It just so happens that I've never been particularly fond of my peers - nor of pointless formalities, for that matter. I do not doubt your magical abilities, but respect is a different matter entirely. Respect is something that needs to be earned. I don't just hand that out for free.
In fact, last I checked, you were still hallucinating. In other words, you're currently a liability. Why would I show respect to someone who's just going to slow us down?"

Why did so many people insist on formalities, anyway? 'Respect' wasn't going to solve anyone's problems.
"So yeah, no special treatment from me. I'm going to treat you just like I treat everyone else, whether you like it or not. If you can accept that, we will get along fine! ...probably."
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Ginny, Lv01 [24] Blue Knight [Front]
Inventory...[ 02/10 ]

Spellbook...[ 02/03 ]

[*][/list]

[list]

[/list]

Attributes:

Scripts:
- nil.
It took some convincing, but Tudor agreed to let Ameia come with them. It's pretty obvious that she might be a potential liability right now, but if they can help her snap back to reality, she could end up a valuable teammate.
She observed Oz's chat with Ameia. It seemed to Ginny that Oz was only interested in knowledge to the extent that doesn't require him to learn it from others...

"Come on, Oz, the soldiers aren't the only ones who don't fully understand these things yet. This isn't a goodwill service to the community we're doing on the side here, this matter relates directly to our mission. If we can understand the Hollow's connection to the obelisk, we're one step ahead."

The group began walking south towards the forest.
"I think we should check the site of the nest first. While it's the closest and fastest to get to from the town, if the nest houses some kind of mana-manipulating creature, it could wander off into Korsgrad and attack our allies."
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

== Party order is now sorted first by formation and then alphabetically. ==
Party
  • Image | Ameia (Octy) .. | 18/18 | IIIIIIIIII100 | Lv 0.37 | [Front] | Affliction: Hallucinating | Maximized Attack: 1
  • Image | Ginny (Cime) .. | 10/17 | IIIIIIIIII000 | Lv 1.24 | [Front] | Maximized Attack: 1
  • Image | Nica (AoD) ..__ | 12/12 | IIIIIIIIII000 | Lv 1.15 | [Front] | -3 MaxHP | Maximized Attack: 1
  • Image | Oz (Shade) ...._ | 12/16 | IIIIIIIIII029 | Lv 1.34 | [Cover] | Maximized Attack: 1
Gold: 317
Day 03
Spoiler: Quests
[list][*][!] Icon of Ruin: Discover the origin of the Obelisk in Korsgrad, learn the fate of the villagers and find the source of the fire that razed the city to the ground.[/list]
Spoiler: Saved Locations
[list][*]Ancient Shrine: "Sacrifice -Death Ward"
[*]A Strange Nest: Something in the nest draws mana towards it.
[*]Site of the Hollow Encounter: The spot where Tudor's group fought a band of Hollows on their way to Korsgrad.[/list]
After a brief walk into the forest, you stop at the spot where you saw the nest yesterday, explaining the details to Ameia on the way.
You approach the sturdy tree where the nest was. The rustling you heard yesterday has stopped, but you can still feel the presence of mana around the nest. If there's something there, it might be asleep now - a good opportunity to have a look at it.

PER check, DC 05:
Ameia: 09 - 08 = 01 >>> Failed

WWYDN?:
  • ========================================
    [1] Climb the tree to have a close look
    [2] Attempt to knock the nest down from afar
    [3] Try to catch the attention of whatever is in the nest
    [4] Image
    ========================================
@Ameia: You don't see what the others are talking about - there's no magical aura around it. You agree that the nest is indeed very strange, however, as it appears to be made entirely out of dead snakes, and thick, viscous blood drips constantly from it to the ground below.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Nica, Lv 1.15

Restl.:
Lunge:

Items:

[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:

[list][*] Arc Bolt
[*] Entropy Bolt

Attributes:

[list][*]-1 Str
[*]+4 Dex
[*]+2 Agi
[*]-1 Vit
[*]+2 Int
[*]+0 Wil
[*]+1 Per[/list]
Nica frowned. Though there was no more to be gained from trying to mediate insistently, she was starting to think Oz really would get himself in some serious trouble if left to do all the talking for himself some day... not to mention, she was beginning to wonder what exactly Oz saw her as.
"Alright now, Oz... Ginny and I know well what you're capable of, and I should like to depend on it for what other monstrosities we may eventually have to face. That ability is the reason you were sent here for this job, as opposed to anyone else."
Gesturing to all of them, the point:
"Except us, that is. If Miss Ameia wasn't worth her salt she wouldn't be here, and neither would Ginny or I."
Suddenly feeling an unpleasant itch from the wound adorning her ankle, Nica stopped and met Oz's gaze with a stern look of her own.
"Though you're welcome to be your own stag shield if you prefer."
--
All that aside, here they were. It was much the same as Nica remembered it yesterday, though her examination was only cursory as she attempted to hold herself together. Only this time, it seemed more peaceful. A good opportunity to take a look, if anything.
"Again, we can't really tell much from down here, but I'm feeling a lot more like climbing up there to take a look today."
Nica rotates her shoulders and limbers up, appreciating the feeling of not being half in tatters.
"Here goes nothing... unless we have any other volunteers?"
Though somehow I expect Oz and Ameia aren't much for this sort of thing...

Unless she's stopped or a more robust suggestion is given, Nica attempts to climb the tree and look into the nest.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Oz, Lv 1.34
Equipment:
  • Padded Vest (1 AC)
Skills:
  • ⚫ Quick Spell
Items:
[list][*] Rødlev Crest
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -
[*] -[/list]

Spells:
[list][*]Cyclone
[*]Sonic Clap
[*]Darkmatter Vortex
[*]Light
[*]Life Sense

[/list]

Attributes:
-5 Strength
-3 Dexterity
±0 Agility
+1 Vitality
+5 Intellect
+5 Willpower
+4 Perception
However, now even Ginny and Nica seemed to be taking issue with Oz' policy regarding Ameia. It seemed they had gotten the wrong impression of him.
"I'm not disputing that, Ginny. Even so, objectively-speaking, until she's recovered, we have no good reason to drag along granny here. Yet we're doing it anyway. If it's not out of goodwill, it can only be out of madness."
Turning to Nica, he added with genuine annoyance:
"As I said, I do not doubt her magical abilities, but if the current circumstances mean that bringing her along is a bad idea, it's a bad idea, no matter how you spin it. In fact, I'm not sure why you're portraying me as the bad guy here - I'm simply being reasonable. I'm sure you of all people would remember what happened when I wasn't being reasonable for a moment, yes? Something like that might well happen again if we're being careless like this, and it won't be my fault."
Raising an eyebrow when he noticed she was about to simply start climbing the tree, he further added:
"Speaking of being careless, are you out of your mind? If whatever is up there turns out to have anger management problems, you'll be a sitting duck if you just climb up there. Let me check something first."

Oz casts Life Sense if he can get close enough to hit the nest with it without actually climbing the tree.