I am come

This is the welcome and goodbye section for the community. New members should introduce themselves here, read the rules and get free cookies!

Moderator: Developers

Killer Frog
Grub Bug (Rookie)
Grub Bug (Rookie)

I am come

Post by Killer Frog »

Cookies to who ever gets where I got this title.

Anywho, I'm just a newbie trying to get the hang of the dream dungeon crawl game that I've found online (I've had enough of NetHack and other Rougelikes), and interact with it's community.

Well, now onto the part that you'll protend to care about. And not my terrible spelling, but me my self. I'm what you call, a total nerd. I've been playing videogames since I crawled out onto my old Sega Genesis. I love RPGs, both console, computer and pen and paper, along with the role playing portion of the last one.

Also, if some one could tell me how I get to this "world map" it'd help alot, since all I can do ingame is either go to the sand castle or the town with no way to keep the gear I buy inside. Also, how do I get the Archeolololoiolelelogist?
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

Hello Killer Frog :)

!Spoiler alert! How to unlock the Archaeologist Starter:
[spoiler]The archaeologist is unlocked if you talk to Marcus in Bishopia city (a guy in the council square). He gives you a scroll with a puzzle written on it. Bring it to the sand palace and you have to beat the module in a time limit to unlock the Starter Module :) There are two other starters you can unlock as well.[/spoiler]
Killer Frog
Grub Bug (Rookie)
Grub Bug (Rookie)

Post by Killer Frog »

How do I get to Bishopia city?
penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

Welcome, have a lightbulb! :idea:

You have to play some of the palaces first, before Bishopia gets unlocked.
Killer Frog wrote:all I can do ingame is either go to the sand castle or the town with no way to keep the gear I buy inside.
Sounds like if you can't keep gear bought from Zippy, that's an exporting bug of some kind. What happens when you complete the sand palace?
Killer Frog
Grub Bug (Rookie)
Grub Bug (Rookie)

Post by Killer Frog »

Actualy, I think I found my problem, I was running the old 2.6.8 version, updating to 2.7.3 now. And also, I was getting a bug when I played the Elf starter. A bunch of text came up, like the dev stuff (FPS and that stuff). It said stuff about facing and directions and hada ton of constantly changing numbers, it made reading messages, like the grave impossible. Is this supposed to happen? Anyway, I'm updating to the newest version so I hope it's fixed, if not I'll take a screenie and post it here.
penguinflyer2222

That should be fixed in 2.7.3. It was showing debug info that shouldn't have been shown but somebody forgot to fix it before release. Also, beware of some bugs in 2.7.3 as well..
Killer Frog
Grub Bug (Rookie)
Grub Bug (Rookie)

Post by Killer Frog »

Thanks! Do you know anything about when the new classes will be introduced or what they look like, or what a "Hero class" is?
penguinflyer2222

Which "new classes"? The unlockable ones? Those can be introduced through starters, towns, or sidequests. Currently though there's only three, and the newest one should come out in 2.7.3b or even 2.7.4, as it might be called because of all the stuff that's gone on between release. That makes only two of those right now.

Hero classes are specialized branches of classes that you will be able to become sometime in the game. This probably won't be implemented for a while, though. Or maybe it will be for some classes, once Zefz finishes the archmage trials.. I don't really know.
Killer Frog
Grub Bug (Rookie)
Grub Bug (Rookie)

Post by Killer Frog »

Also, I'm getting a glitch where I can't enter towns from the world map. I'm using a character I had left over from an old version if that has something to do with it.
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

Module Linking seems to be broken in 2.7.3
Killer Frog
Grub Bug (Rookie)
Grub Bug (Rookie)

Post by Killer Frog »

What's module linking? Dose that mean you can't use the modules inside the world map? Also, I started my game, and the cahracter the game gave me automaticaly was Erik, a Viking, a class I can't get another of. Should I have gotten this character? Can I get more?
penguinflyer2222

Module linking is where you can go in a module, and get to another module by usually bumping something until is says "Press attack to enter" or something like that, then doing so. Used in the world map only.

Erik the viking is the only playable viking, who comes with 2.7.3. To get any other characters though, you have to beat the starter module.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Erik is a sample character from an unfinished class, you can't get new characters of this class currently. The first time I played the game there was a wizard and a soldier instead back when they didn't have starter modules. I remember that I wondered how I could get more of those. :P
:wink:
Killer Frog
Grub Bug (Rookie)
Grub Bug (Rookie)

Post by Killer Frog »

Sweet! When's the Viking going to have it's own starter? Is that planned in a near by version? Also, since the module linking is bugged, is it possible to unlock the adventurer? And, this is a minor one, but are there more levels we can play besides the palaces without using the world map?

Also, I've found an amusing glitch that certain badniks, particularly the little green bugs and the flying burning skulls tend to fly like 40 feet every time I hit them.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

The Viking is actually a promotion class. Adventurers and Soldiers will be able to advance into Viking-dom (:mrgreen:) by completing a trial. Not sure how soon it will be done, as no one has begun working on it yet. Most likely either Zefz or myself will do it, but I'm busy (lazy) and he's working on another module currently.