I am come

This is the welcome and goodbye section for the community. New members should introduce themselves here, read the rules and get free cookies!

Moderator: Developers

Killer Frog
Grub Bug (Rookie)
Grub Bug (Rookie)

Post by Killer Frog »

I'm a total programing newbie, and I'd like to create a class (by that I mean screw around with the current ones, maybe change up some skins) for my own use, or possibly a future version if others like it. Are there any guides for some one in my position?
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

The Tutorial section has a bunch of them. Also, check the manual that came with Egoboo, I think there was some editing help there.
:wink:
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

Editing stuff in Egoboo is VERY easy :) Just go into the players folder and locate your character name. (For example Loggy becomes a folder named loggy.obj).

Starting with editing data.txt should be the simplest to start on. It's pretty intuitive and changing values is easy. There you can edit stuff like hp, strength, armors and money.
Killer Frog
Grub Bug (Rookie)
Grub Bug (Rookie)

Post by Killer Frog »

Thanks! I'm leaving for like a month on the 21st so I probably won't start anything until I get back, so I'll post some where, maybe the class forum when I start.

Also, anyone else here played teh game Munchkin? This game has the same feel to it.
PurpleSquerkle
Massive Gelfeet (Developer)

Post by PurpleSquerkle »

Cimeries wrote:Erik is a sample character from an unfinished class, you can't get new characters of this class currently. The first time I played the game there was a wizard and a soldier instead back when they didn't have starter modules. I remember that I wondered how I could get more of those. :P

What's this nonsense about a viking?
I never downloaded the stable version because I figured, "Hey, it's still buggy and I use the SVN anyhow."
Now I guess I have to get it. :P

...Oh, and welcome, Killer Frog. :)
Maxaxle
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by Maxaxle »

EEK! A KILLER FROG!
*runs*
*drops Image*
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.
computerquip
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Re: I am come

Post by computerquip »

Killer Frog wrote:I'm what you call, a total nerd. I've been playing videogames since I crawled out onto my old Sega Genesis. I love RPGs, both console, computer and pen and paper, along with the role playing portion of the last one.

That's your typical <Killer Frog's Age> year old that grew up on Mountain Dew, no sleep, a portable bedpan, and RPG that only lasted worth 72 hours of good fun such as Final Fantasy X. FF IX was much better.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Mountain Dew is positively disguisting. :ack:
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
PurpleSquerkle

Post by PurpleSquerkle »

I used to think so too but then suddenly I started drinking it and I don't know why.
Not very regularly, though; I try to not drink stuff like that too often and stick to water instead... But sometimes I don't try hard enough. :P

Also, I haven't played FFX or FFIX, but surely VI must be the best in the series; I have difficulty seeing how anything could be that much better.
aleco614
Lumpkin (Dedicated member)
Lumpkin (Dedicated member)

Post by aleco614 »

PurpleSquerkle wrote:I used to think so too but then suddenly I started drinking it and I don't know why.
Not very regularly, though; I try to not drink stuff like that too often and stick to water instead... But sometimes I don't try hard enough. :P

Also, I haven't played FFX or FFIX, but surely VI must be the best in the series; I have difficulty seeing how anything could be that much better.

I agree with purple, at least about the rpg games in the series. I actually have a huge blast playing final fantasy crystal chronicles with my family and friends.
Playing brawl. Not too well, unforunately.