Hi all

This is the welcome and goodbye section for the community. New members should introduce themselves here, read the rules and get free cookies!

Moderator: Developers

unnheulu
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by unnheulu »

Hey, I'm not on about the 3d models, nor the skins, but the floors and stuff. That can be the same style, you just don't need to know where one starts and another ends. Heck, with only minor adjustments, you can still use the same tiles as before ;)

Please no cookies, I get given so many (pages like forums and wikis ;)) my poor computer will throw up :D
penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

Well, have some lightbulbs! :idea:
Welcome, welcome.
Egoboo = low res. graphics.
But sometimes you can tell where the tiles' edges are.
It doesn't seem too much of a problem to me, but I guess we could tidy some up a bit.
PurpleSquerkle
Massive Gelfeet (Developer)

Post by PurpleSquerkle »

unnheulu wrote:Hey, I'm not on about the 3d models, nor the skins, but the floors and stuff. That can be the same style, you just don't need to know where one starts and another ends. Heck, with only minor adjustments, you can still use the same tiles as before ;)

Would you mind posting some screenshots so I can see which tilesets you're talking about?
(Make sure they're from 2.6.8 and not 2.2.2... do you have the newer version running yet, by the way?)
unnheulu
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by unnheulu »

Not yet, still working on it^^ but most of them are inthe gallery.
PurpleSquerkle

Post by PurpleSquerkle »

OK, could you point out which ones?
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

I agree with you unnehulu. Especially on the tiles in the Abyss and in Bishopia city. Also the Ice Palace. I find it very hard to make tiles fit together perfectly, so I've kinda given up on that. Tilesets can be found in any module gamedat folder. (Egoboo/modules/*.mod/gamedat/tile*.bmp)

Controls are much easier to change in the SVN version, where you can change controls in the game menu :) (Speaking of which, looking at google search statistics, more people search for "Egoboo Controls" than either "Egoboo forums" or "Egoboo walkthrough"