Funeral

This is the welcome and goodbye section for the community. New members should introduce themselves here, read the rules and get free cookies!

Moderator: Developers

Ben Urban
Cobol (Esteemed member)
Cobol (Esteemed member)

Post by Ben Urban »

Well, I'm back at the hotel, so I thought I'd tell you what happened today.

First there was the funeral service. It was nice, but weird. There was a lot of Christian stuff (Jesus etc.). After that, we had the procession, and then a short service at the cemetery (more Jesus stuff), then we went to the gravesite to put her in the ground, right next to her dead son (my uncle, whom I forgot in my list, because I had only met him once or twice). After that, we went to the bar that she apparently went to every day, and had lunch, and drinks (I had water). The smoking made me sick so I left early. Apparently everyone else was there for at least a few hours, though I have no idea how the rest of my immediate family managed to be in there that long. Then we met up at her house to find out about inheritance stuff and to catch up even more. Then we went out to dinner, and then came back to the hotel.

The only time people seemed sad was during the funeral itself, with the exception of one of my aunts (she was taking care of her mom) and my uncle (I don't know much about him, and had never met him before Tuesday). I suppose this was partly because of how much fun she had had in the past few weeks (her 80th birthday party, Christmas, and then New Year's), and partly because of all the people that came (there was a LOT of catching up, and there were a lot of funny stories). I joked that our family puts the "fun" in "funeral".

Edit:
penguinflyer2222 wrote:Fortunately for me, I have not lost any family members during my life.

Yes, that is very fortunate. As close as we've become these past few months, I can't imagine how I'd react if something happened to you, but I'm sure it would not be pleasant...
Thanks to penguinflyer2222 for the avatar, and to penguinflyer5234 for hosting it.
penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

Sounds like a nice day.
Sad, but nice.
Maxaxle
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by Maxaxle »

I read it. And I forgot to mention, it's insanely sad, the whole funeral ordeal.
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.
JESSESYKES
Tranch (Novice)
Tranch (Novice)

Post by JESSESYKES »

sorry 2 hear about your grandma ben. :( but happy that your back!!
Vegemite is tasty to me, but i dont like you if you dont like it!
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

@Jesse:
Make sure you check the dates on the last post in the topic, if you post really late after the person before you it is considered a bump and that's sorta against the rules unless you have a good reason.
:)
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
penguinflyer2222

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

Yeah, maybe you could check the rules about that.
Edit: Hmm.. Zefz needs to update the Moderators part.
Zefz wrote:Moderators: Alazamir and Chainsaw
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Locked. This thread is 'resolved', plus it's getting off topic.
:wink: