Hello! New and eager to help out.

This is the welcome and goodbye section for the community. New members should introduce themselves here, read the rules and get free cookies!

Moderator: Developers

ShellShocker
Rust Eater (Senior Member)

Post by ShellShocker »

woodmouse wrote:Hello! Have something. And hmmm... Welcome.

Is something edible?
This signature picture has been cropped to fit the size limit.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

ShellShocker wrote:
woodmouse wrote:Hello! Have something. And hmmm... Welcome.

Is something edible?

Yes, if it is something that is. :lol: It can be acid, violence, horror, human, cookie, lightbulb, andything. :lol:
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
ShellShocker

Post by ShellShocker »

I'll choose cookie. :lol:
This signature picture has been cropped to fit the size limit.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

'Andything' sound good. What is it?
:wink:
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Chainsaw wrote:'Andything' sound good. What is it?

Oops. :oops: I meant "Anything".
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
NG-dataset
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by NG-dataset »

Zefz wrote:The Egoboo code is now on a SVN, this means you can easily access the whole code always up to date and help us improve it and it clean up. The Egoboo code always need cleaning up.

Also the King Bishop is missing a voice, someone needs to voice act him.

Maybe you want to create backgrounds for the game menu (better once that replace the current one). Or even code that every time you start Egoboo a random background will be selected :) Texturing new skins is always a big help, you can see woodmouse's skin pack for inspiration and see what I mean.

I set up XCode to use the SVN last night. I hadn't used subversion before and didn't realize how easy it really is. For voicing the King Bishop, is there already a text file with lines he says? And where is his module? I looked quickly right now since we're talking about it and couldn't find it.. I tried downloading the skin pack, but I got an error from the download site, most likely something on their side, so I'm going to try again later.

Thanks again to everyone else that has welcomed me.
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

King Bishop is the last character you encounter in the game. The whole game is a quest about saving him. He doesnt have any text right now, but there shouldnt be more than two or three lines.

- One or two that congratulates the players on defeating the dracolich (hail noble hero! You have saved me from the pawns of evil! You have saved the fate of Bishopia and this world)
- One for when the player is a rogue and is going to kill bishop as revenge (No... what are you doing!? help!)
Maxaxle
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by Maxaxle »

Hello, underling-er-newbie!
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Maxaxle wrote:Hello, underling-er-newbie!

If he's actually going to contribute something... even the smallest thing, that will already put him above you on the usefulness list. :wink:
:wink:
Ben Urban
Cobol (Esteemed member)
Cobol (Esteemed member)

Post by Ben Urban »

For the record, he already has contributed something: a confirmation that the XCode project works for someone other than me. (No, he didn't actually say it, but he hasn't complained that it doesn't work...yet...)

:woo: Mac user! Yay! :woo:
Thanks to penguinflyer2222 for the avatar, and to penguinflyer5234 for hosting it.
penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

Yay! :woo:
:woo:
NG-dataset
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by NG-dataset »

Ben Urban wrote:For the record, he already has contributed something: a confirmation that the XCode project works for someone other than me. (No, he didn't actually say it, but he hasn't complained that it doesn't work...yet...)

:woo: Mac user! Yay! :woo:

The XCode project is working great! Nothing wrong with it at all. I'm using XCode 3.1.2 on Leopard and it hasn't been a problem. Now getting past the first level in the beta (read: I had Xcode compile it) game has been, but I'll post about that in the right section.
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

Chainsaw wrote:
Maxaxle wrote:Hello, underling-er-newbie!

If he's actually going to contribute something... even the smallest thing, that will already put him above you on the usefulness list. :wink:

:shock:
Uhm...Crap.
PurpleSquerkle
Massive Gelfeet (Developer)
Massive Gelfeet (Developer)

Post by PurpleSquerkle »

Zefz wrote:King Bishop is the last character you encounter in the game. The whole game is a quest about saving him. He doesnt have any text right now, but there shouldnt be more than two or three lines.

- One or two that congratulates the players on defeating the dracolich (hail noble hero! You have saved me from the pawns of evil! You have saved the fate of Bishopia and this world)
- One for when the player is a rogue and is going to kill bishop as revenge (No... what are you doing!? help!)

Those particular lines don't sound LordBishopish.
I was going to write out some sort of script at some point (because, at some point, I was going to do those voices myself); maybe I still will....
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

I think there should be a few more endings; the G'nome one would be asking/demanding a material possession (maybe), the Soldier one could be either asking for a higher rank or having it bestowed, the Zombi one would probably end with eaten brains (:lol:), the Elf one I have no idea, the Healer/Paladin ones would be heal-the-king-and-get-out, Inventor would be more like, "All right! Would you happen to have anything useful on you to get us out of here and to Bishopia?", and the Adventurer would probably be something like, "Let's get out of here!".