Hello, again. And uh...

This is the welcome and goodbye section for the community. New members should introduce themselves here, read the rules and get free cookies!

Moderator: Developers

blago
Ghoul (Experienced member)

Hello, again. And uh...

Post by blago »

Hello again, Remember me? I used to spam here and do all sorts of dumb stuff on this forum a while back (6-7 years ago LOL. I used to be 5th grade, now im 12). I'm sorry to say that my grammer hasn't improved much. I saw a post from 2014 that said that Egoboo development has stopped. I guess thats still true, cuz i decided to pick up this game in like, 2011 and the version was the same.
That makes me really sad. Egoboo used to be really nice and cool game. The action was on point. Graphics and Soundtrack are really cool, and the game has a very magical athmosphere. Sadly, the game is ruined by gamebreaking bugs and all sorts of technical issues. The kind that doesn't let you progress trough the game.

Now, Im no programmer, and Im certantly not quallified or into possition to make this sort of suggestions, but hear me out:
- Stop realeasing new features into the game. First, take care off all the really bad and gamebreaking bugs, test it on multiple computers and then realease the really for reall actual STABLE version of the game. Its better to play without the newcool features, than to just sit, nonmoving and having to restart the game after every module OR not to play the game at all. I see that the fanbase has dwindeld to just handfull of people and i think this is the reason for this.
- Perhaps, and im not saying that is nessesery, take the game to older versions and start to work on them istead (what I think it is) the mishmash that is the latest versions. Now I know that some of you worked alot for the new features, but remember, gamebreaking bugs turn playes away. Does anybody remember 2.22 or 2.6.8. Those versions have much less content, but ware alot better and more fun because they didn't contain any gamebeaking bugs.

All n all, Egoboo is uniqe and fun, No other game has what Egoboo has (or had). Im cerntan that the fanbase will grow, once the game is playable again. And uhh.. Playing the game is all that im good for so , umm write me if you need someone to playtest some stuff.
skype username: mal_blago Mic included. Speeks English
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Re: Hello, again. And uh...

Post by woodmouse »

Welcome back! :D I agree with you on the 2.22 thing, and although I haven't played at all in years, it seems like Zefz and some others are fixing all those bugs along the way while also doing new features and stuff.

Btw, did you mean you're 21? Because fifth graders are usually not five-year-olds, and if you were on fifth grade seven years ago and you're now 12, you'd have been a fifth grader at the age of five.
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
blago

Post by blago »

yeah, I checked out the nightly build. I'm not really sure how i feel about the "b" button menu and all the stats and traits and items thingies. The game seems... less... archaic. But it looks cool and im very happy that Egoboo is still alive.

Btw: i ment that Im 12th grade, and im currently 18 years old. Don't be fooled though, Im as childish, if not even more as i was before. :)
skype username: mal_blago Mic included. Speeks English
Maxaxle
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by Maxaxle »

*flumps into thread*
Oh, hi.
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.