Hello. I think. I hope. I dunno.

This is the welcome and goodbye section for the community. New members should introduce themselves here, read the rules and get free cookies!

Moderator: Developers

Hiroy
Tranch (Novice)
Tranch (Novice)

Re: Hello. I think. I hope. I dunno.

Post by Hiroy »

Suuuu--

O_________________O
woodmouse wrote:Image

...but seriously, hi. Welcome back, it seems like yesterday when I last had the chance to mention TOSS FOR HIROY. Wait, that's not a good thing, is it? Ugh. It's been forever! AHHHHH, HIROY, YOU'RE GONNA GET SO MANY HUGS AND--- wait, that might contain subtle homoerotic undertones if inspected closely, and the only male human being who I would ever do anything remotely considerable as that wWHATEVER, *hugs and kisses Hiroy and we ride into the sunset on pink unicorns while 8-bit smooth jazz plays in the background*

Well, that might have had some subtle homoerotic undertones, but it's okay since you probably look like David Tennant, and he's the most handsomest sexiest person on the planet. I'm just glad to see read you, it's really been pretty long since you pooped popped here. Why do I always get so excited when someone returns? Like, usually I'm just "well, yay potatoes", but then I'm all "WHEEEEE HELL YEAH POTTERTUCKING MOTHERTOES!!!"

...now, seriously for a second or two, it's great that you're back, and although it's true Egoboo seems to be dying/having died, at least I haven't lost all hope. Not that my hope would matter, but still. Like, it might seem like we're all too lazy busy with other stuff, but maybe one day, in the future, everyone comes together (not like that, you pervs*) and we achieve something great. Something that can be called a rebirth for Egoboo, the greatest rebirth in all of history, the epic time of true poslunction. And like the saying goes, a man can dream... sure, it might be unlikely, and it might be ten years from now, but still. I can't be the only one who feels that way? You feel that way, too, right, Hiroy? Right? :waah:

*Am I the only one who, every time they see those words, giggles like a ten-year-old?

PS: I apologise for the immense one-sided sexual tension present in this post, it's just that it's so awesomazomerizing that Hiroy's back that it can only be repressed expressed in this way.
Hahahah! Wow! I wished I'd seen this earlier. I was thinking the thread died so I didn't re-check earlier. Sorry. Glad to see that you changed a bit. From weird, to super weird. And I don't mind that one bit.

Not sure how I feel about a revival myself. It could happen, but that possibility is up in the air. That, and the game has really aged and is mostly finished as far as the main story goes. I can't think of much that could be done with it beyond pushing the limits intended for the game's engine(or creating Auron's vision before he scrapped most of the great ideas).
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

I think Egoboo hasn't aged well, and there's not much we can do to change it really.
The gameplay style is still wonderful in concept and definitely underappreciated, but what the game ended up with is a bit gray overall now. :/
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Agent of Dread wrote:I think Egoboo hasn't aged well, and there's not much we can do to change it really.
Well, making an extremely difficult module that requires perfect knowledge of all kinds of little things related to Egoboo to beat in the form of puzzles, and when beating it, the reward would be a time machine, and then, through the magic of breaking the fourth wall, bring it to the real world and use it to warn everyone in the past.

...then again, that's not exactly possible. But if it was, it could work.

No, but seriously, I think the answer is obvious, even if a little weird and not as simple to actually go through with: find some super skilled code conversion person to get the thing that 5234 and Clonks have started doing, then everyone do some epic stuff, find Zefz and Birdsey and be like "look what happen", they'll be impressed and get back to Egoboo and put stuff back together and everyone will live happily ever after.
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...